Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

DON'T BUY AT SEARS!!!!!

I placed an order at a sears store to be delivered to my adress. It Sears happens to deliver the merchandize to the state of MA. 45 days later and many phone calls (lost count) to customer service (each representative would have different reason for not getting the refund) and they would ask to wait additional 5 days. A few times they would just hang up the phone. Many times the representative would say I have been refunded just to find out it was not true and other reps would contradict what the other had said by stating that the refund was never processed because of XYZ...(too many different reasons to remember). I think the customer service is of no help! and a waste of time. My last resource is going back to the store and not leave until something is done. Will see if it works.

Dear Carplin,

We saw this comment and wanted to reach out to you regarding the difficulties you experienced with Sears. We are very sorry that you had such trouble getting your purchase delivered. At Sears we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it seems we have not met that goal with you or your family. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Carplin,) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread need assistance with a Sears’ related issue we want to hear from you as well. Please do email us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - THEY STOLE MY MONEY

DO NOT buy at Sears. They are liars and will do NOTHING to help you with your problem. I purchased an item online and conveniently the money was taken only to receive an email quickly after the money was taken, saying the item was sold out. I paid with a gift card. Its been over a month and a half, 3 phone call and an email and I have STILL not received a credit. They give me numbers to call that are automated answering machines. TAKE YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. They are cheap, trashy and don't care about their customers.

THEY STOLE OVER $800 FROM ME.

******************************SEARS STOLE MY MONEY TOO***************************

I have a similar issue. I had two Sears Merchant Cards and that had about $145. I go to use them at the store and I was told that both cards have expired. First of all I was not aware nor told about the expiry on the cards. The cashier pointed saying it says that on the back of the card. That’s when I decided that I won’t shop at Sears anymore.

It doesn’t matter. It is my money. I was given to use at the store. I was also told that since 2007 you can’t have an expiry date on these cards. I am going to look into this more and might have to sue them NOT for $140 but to prove a point.

I have been telling everyone and will keep on posting all over the internet that DON’T BUY AT SEARS.

I have a proof that they stole my money.

******************************DON’T SHOP AT SEARS*********************************

Dear Dear Valued Sears Customer,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred in getting you properly credited for your online purchase. This is certainly not how Sears does business and you should not have had to wait over a month for your refund. We would very much like to help and make sure that you receive any money you are due.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team which is a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (online customer) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (online order) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

@Sears Response

I orderd a product, order was cancelled by sears within an hour saying it was out of stock. I paid using a DEBIT card, no refund has been posted to my account.

Sears say they see NO charge, but I see the charge on my card,already disputed with bank but takes 14 days.

HELP ME! I have already faxes my statement over two times, not getting anywhere, They are illegally keeping my money.

View more comments (3)
Review

Sears in Los Angeles, California - Worst Repair Service Department Ever!!!!

I called for an appointment. Customer service gave a ridiculous FOUR hour window ! So we waited......but the repairman DID NOT came and went without calling or leaving a message on our home phone. I called the service center. The first service agent said they would have the repairman to call us. TWO hours later, I called again for status and the second service agent said that the repairman call us in 30 minutes. ONE hour later, I called again and was told he has gone home without calling us! Three calls, 7 hours wasted! Wasted my time...Call someone else!!!!!

To Sears Repair Customer,

My name is James H. and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the following as your screen name (Worst Repair Service Department Ever)for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Sears Repair

Sears did not deliver after making us wait 1 month

We ordered a garden tractor at Sears' website when we received an email ad for garden tractors. We submitted the order, received our confirmation, then the next day received a delivery date - one month after the date of the order. We weren't happy about the wait, but Sears has always been reliable for us, so we thought we would stick with the order. In the meantime, we frequently checked our order status online. There was no indication that anything was wrong with the order, and the delivery date still showed. Now, a month later, no delivery on the date they gave us. When I called, customer service said the order was cancelled the day after we placed it - the same day they called to give us our delivery date! No one ever called or emailed us to tell us the order was cancelled, and there is STILL nothing on the website that says the order was cancelled. The order is still there, with nothing about status whatsoever. Sears has gone downhill!!!!!!!!! I've bought every kind of appliance from Sears for 30 years, and never had this kind of thing happen. I can guarantee that I will never buy another thing from Sears! I don't know what is happening, but I hope upper management and the Board of Directors are aware of how many very pissed off customers Sears is making these days. Sears, you just lost a 30-year customer.

Dear Cbgep,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. I am truly sorry that your online experience did not go as expected. We would like to see how we can help with this unfortunate situation and get your issue resolved. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tractor was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cbgep) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

SEARS is HORRIBLE.

I was a long time customer of Sears. I have purchased washers, dryers, tv's, ride lawn tractors, etc. Never have I been so frustrated/angry with a business as I am with Sears. Never have I even posted complaints/reviews online, however it is my goal to post as many bad reviews as possible due to the absolute lack of customer service that Sears provides. However there are so many posted already I am guessing it will not do much good. I purchased approximately $3,000 of appliances from the Sears store in Prince Frederick, MD. A dishwasher, refrigerator, range, and range hood. The experience at the store was fine, except the computers were down so it took forever to complete the transaction because the sales rep, Brandon had to call the California, MD store to purchase all of my items. I was told my items would be delivered April 7. I received a call on Apr. 6 saying my delivery was scheduled for Apr. 7. I spent all night emptying the dishwasher and refrigerator. When the delivery arrived I received a range hood and that is it. I was told to call the store for details. I spoke with Shay at the Prince Frederick store. He had no idea what happened but said he could have it delivered on the 19th. I told him that was unacceptable since I had wasted all that time emptying my refrigerator and freezer and my refrigerator was leaking. To wait 2 more weeks was unacceptable. I called the 1-800 # and they also could not explain what happened. Absolutely no idea why my items were not received. I called the store again and told Shay I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he would talk to him and call me back. He called me the following day and said he had Vicki reinput my entire order and they could have it to me on the 12th. I asked several times how I could be guaranteed that the appliances would actually be delivered this time. Shay said he can't imagine it wouldn't. I never received a call on the 11th about the delivery scheduled for the 12th. I took another day off on the 12th and a delivery never came. I called the 1-800 # and spoke to a man who acted like I was nuts. He kept repeating that my order that was scheduled for the 19th was cancelled as if I cancelled it. I kept explaining what had happened. He said there was no delivery scheduled for the 12th or 19th. I called the Prince Frederick store and demanded to speak to a manager. Sean said there was no manager there, and I could call back in the morning. He also had no idea what happened to my order. I called the 1-800# yet again and demanded a manager. It took 20 minutes of explaining the story again to get to speak to a manager. The manager by the name of James said he would call the store and call me back. He never called back, and when I called back they would not let me speak to him. Finally on the following day I talked to Yvonne a manager at the California, MD store. She discovered that since the range was not available they delayed the entire delivery. At least she could explain what happened. She did not know why no one notified me. She said the items would be delivered May 3. I told her that was unacceptable. She offered me 10% off and said she could get it to me on the 23rd. I said no thanks and asked for a refund. She did issue my refund. So after placing an order at the end of March, I was having to start my search over almost 3 weeks later. Finally I would like to tell you that I went to HH Gregg on Tuesday, April 12 and had every single appliance delivered and installed at 7 a.m. on the 13th. Wow what a difference. The amount of time I have wasted on the phone, days off of work, kitchen a mess, and total lack of customer service is astonishing. I will be telling everyone I know to never, ever use Sears again.

Dear Lcmani52:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Lcmani52) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Delivery Service

Sears will not reply to service call

Have been calling Sears Parts and Service since April 8th, 2011, to service my Range. I keep on getting same answer, " some one will be calling you within 48 hours to set up a service appointment." Well we are now on April 21, 48 hours have long gone! I have phoned numerous times since and still no response. I thought I might have some luck calling the Sears Feedback Number. Wrong! The number is continually busy. I think they may have left the phone off the hook. Would I buy another appliance from Sears? "NO" I'm, sure I can find another store who wants my money more! Sears doesn't seem to need it.

Dear AngryBaba,

We found this post and I wanted to reach out and apologize for the difficulty and frustration you have been going through trying to get service for your range. Sears works very hard to service our customers quickly and efficiently but in this case it sounds like we have definitely let you down. My name is Greg and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can assist you in getting your range repaired. In the email, please provide a contact phone and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (AngryBaba) you used to post on this site for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Greg G.

With Official Company Response

Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments.

I bought a fridge from Sears. When it was time to deliver, they did not show up. They did this four times and all they can say is "We are sorry for the inconvenience. The last time I was so angry they promised they will send me a $50 gift card for my inconvenience. I have yet to see this gift card. Three separate times I was inconvenience. Now something is wrong with the refrigerator and they are not making their scheduled appointments for repairs and not calling to inform me they are not coming. I have another appointment today (my third). Sears does not respect people time nor are they courteous.

I did receive a $50 gift card from Sears Delivery but when I went to use it I was told it had a balance of zero. Numerous calls by me and by Sears associates at my local Sears resulted in being transferred to a number and the phone disconnecting.

I'm extremely dissappointed to read other complaints.

Apparently this is a standard of practice for Sears. To date, 5/14/2011 the issue has not been resolved.

Sears Response

Dear Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Senior Case Manager

View more comments (1)
Sears Repair

Sears in San Juan, San Juan Municipio - It Is a shame

Sear promise to deliver a cook top on the 18 of april 2011. Now they said it may arrive on the 25 of april2011. We live in Puerto Rico an I know the ship arrived on the 4/18/11. so it will take 7 days for the triler to arrive after traveling 12 mile from the dock to the warehouse. It is a shame. Sear good company for what??? it seems that he employes on the warehouse do not care about providing a good service. It look like there are no supervisor in the warehouse or were are they?

Truth about puertorico customers is simple sears does not care they are understaffed at the call center in puertorico and they can care less for the customers in puertorico WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER all they will do is keep transferring you to a 7877714216 number that never picks up or they place you on the line to opera music then the line disconnects

Dear Sears’ customer,

I want to apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with the delivery of your cooktop. I can see how frustrating this delay must be for you and your family and we would like to assist you in whatever way possible to ensure you receive your cooktop.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (cooktop delivery), so that we can quickly access your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

Sears Home Services botched roofing specialists

Sears Home Services, formerly Home Central, botched roofing specialists, is their new name. The same crowd who botched up my roofing, with the same lousy attitude. They can change the name but until they improve their performance and make good on the mess they made at my home, I still see them as a bunch of crooks. I made up a little video about that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUdIy31Bzs Here is the original which shows what they did to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBJYlTPIsY and the update to that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawPUUCukfc

Author

sears home services salesmen misleads u in their roof sales presentation. contract is done on a cd for your computer.mine malfuctioned making it unable for u to read your contract. also making it to late to cancel in 3 days notice. now u are in a binding contract. sears did not mention fine print in their contract or fine print of manufactures material being used.mfg.only guarantees u a good roof shingle. if installed not to mfg.specs. like mine an most likely all roofs. mfg.voids their product warranty .salesmen does not tell u that.

my roof was installed by their sub contractor an failed county code inspection 3 times.sears management ignored me on installation issues after multiple phone calls.managed to contact a state senator about my problem. only after that did sears respond. they had to remove a brand new shingled roof do to improper installation . i documented the complete installation of the roof .also did the same the second time.pictures of shingle nailing.sheathing drip edge ridge vents also video. pictures dont lie.new contractor for second reshingle tried to scam me on plywood that was to be repaired caught him with pics. roof is installed just as bad as first time.if not worse.passed code inspection.they are unable to see how shingles are nailed after the sun beats on them. code does not care about shoddy workmenship code is immune from prosecution. .both contractors did damage to my ceilings.both say it was not their men. contractor says men were not in attic they were in there to remove nails that miss trusses.i have video of them coming out of attic. in my opinion how can u trust a company that hires contractors that lies an are unable to install a roof to code an mfg.spec. SEARS u are the most shameful misleading co. Florida residents if u have to have a roof done avoid the SEARS

To Larry--- Good gawd, that is unbelievable. They do not deserve to stay in business.

!

For the record, Sears flatly refuse to make good on anything.

About Sears Cares....forget it. Sears does NOT give a *** about their customers after they have their money

Reply to t: They still refuse to accept any responsibility. So I'm doing my best to let everybody know how this bunch operate.

People need to know about this cr*p. Send the link to my video to everybody you can and, above all, for your own good, STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!

I would like to know the out come here.

Note to self--- Do not shop at Sears :eek

Dear Evyb:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Evyb) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (7)

Sears Corporation

Dear Sears Corporation: We ordered a washer and dryer from you almost 3 weeks ago. The sales guy put our delivery off 2 weeks without much reason why, saying it would take that long to get the washer. The day before we were supposed to get them delivered (2 weeks later) the warehouse called us and said we would be getting our dryer in the morning. Confused we asked about the washer was and we were told that they never ordered it... Upon hearing this we went in the next day to figure it out. Come to find out that they since discontinued that washer, they said that the best that they could do for us was sell us the floor model for 10% off, which I think is unacceptable, it was not in perfect condition. It was dirty and scratched up, but we decided to take it because we didn't think we had any other options, and they promised us that when it was delivered it would look new. They said they would clean it and touch up the scratches with paint. We were excited again to get it, really happy to have figured it out since our washer and dryer had been broken for 2 weeks and we have dirty laundry everywhere. We have been hand washing and laying out to dry the important clothes since we figured it would only be 2 weeks. So then they called this morning to say they were delivering our washer today...no dryer. Which was very frustrating because our sales guy promised that everything was handled this time. They told me they were going to have to reschedule our delivery. So after sitting on hold and arguing with them they finally got my dryer on that shipment to be delivered today. Then when they got here and the washer is filthy, covered with tape and dust and the scratch they said they would touch up with paint they didn't...then they were supposed to haul away the old ones, but had no room in their truck so they are now sitting in our driveway... I am very disappointed in the condition of our washer and the customer service we have received from Sears and annoyed with the fact that on our first home purchase in our adult lives we splurged on a nice set and it looks the way it does and were treated poorly. We are living in an outdated house and in the future will be needing all new appliances, and I just don't know how we could possibly go to Sears again because of the terrible service we received. I know that a $900 set is not the biggest sale that our salesman could have gotten that day, but he handled it as though we didn't matter and that we should just be okay with simply adequate service because we were getting a deal on the set. $900 is a ton of money to us even if it isn't to him or you. It is a paycheck and a half for our household, so we would expect better from Sears. I am so sad that what I was excited about 2 weeks ago is not making me regret our whole decision…we should have just bought a used set, which is what we would have done had we known that we were going to have to deal with all of this. Aren't you supposed to be excited about a big new purchase? Especially your first one as a married couple? I am so disappointed with everything; thinking about it brings me to tears. Sincerely, Rebecca and Brian Johnston

Dear Rebecca:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Rebecca Johnston) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.