Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears is the WORST!

Here's my recent frustrating experience with Sucky Sears! I purchased a Samsung dishwasher. During the install, a complete *** installer, pushed it under the counter with his knee, and dented the face of the dishwasher. My wife watched the entire procedure, and when she brought it up to the installer, he actually denied it, and said it was freight damage. He also broke the lower corner of my kitchen cabinet, next to the dishwasher, but that's another adventure! So, we then contacted the 800 numbers to talk to repairs, and had to schedule a Sears's repair tech. to come out and evaluate the damage. The new Sears repair tech. confirmed he had to order a new exterior door skin. We waited three months to receive the new Samsung part, it was back ordered. You'll love this! when the back ordered piece showed up, it was the interior door insulation! not the door exterior skin, we waited three months for the wrong part. I again called the 800 number, they said he ordered the incorrect part number, they supposedly re-ordered the correct part, three weeks later it showed up. The delivered part was the interior door insulation, again. I again called and actually reached a competent and nice operator. She went ahead and ordered me a complete new Samsung dishwasher, she understood the moronic Sucky Sears process, and stated this would be the best way to correct the item. The new Samsung dishwasher was delivered and installed by a new install company, as I request to not have the previous *** installer back to my house. These guys weren't half bad, but the new dishwasher had a bad door gasket flange, that kept catching the lower dish rack wheels. Within a couple of weeks the roller on the rack had broken off, and didn't roll. We again contacted Sucky Sears idiotic 800-repair number, and scheduled a repairman to visit and tell us what we already know. He came out, figured it out and ordered the new parts. When the parts showed up, I contacted the 800 4my-home to let them know the parts had arrived and schedule the repair tech. to come out and perform the repair work. They scheduled it for Tues. 4/27/11 between 1-5:PM. I took off work and to home wait, by 3:PM no one showed or called, so I called the 800-4my-home, the operator said he would contact the Sucky Sears repair tech. and have him call me. By 4:PM no call from the tech. I called the 800-4my-home again, and got the same response. Again, I patiently waited for the Sucky Sears repair tech. to call me. By 4:30 PM no phone call, I again called back, by now I'm thinking they've been lying to me! I phoned back and reached an almost complete moronic operator, who stated the Sucky Sears, *** tech. would not be coming! As I proceeded to get very angry, because I missed work for no reason, and explained how Suck Sears operates, really SUCKS! She proceeded to lie to me and explained the Sucky Sears dispatcher contacted my wife and my wife said it was OK, and we would re-schedule! My wife is a schoolteacher and is hard to get a hold of, unless it's me, her loving husband. Anyway, my wife would have called me and let me know! So, needless to say, I had to reschedule. Sucky Sears has reached a new low; they now actually blatantly lie to you! I find it really weak, they use the consumer to receive the shipped parts, inspect the repair parts for damage, storage of the components and then throw out the left over cardboard and packing material. The Sucky Sears warranty discloser and information don't tell that!

To 72elkiedude,

My name is James and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment after dealing with so many failures, by different lines of businesses within Sears. We are very sorry for all of this and would like the opportunity to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (72elkiedude) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H

With Official Company Response

Sears customer service is non-existing. Terrible

I smelt a strong plastic burning odor and tracked it to my Kenmore refrigerator that I have has less than 5 years. The light bulbs shorted out and the plastic around the area caught on fire. Sears says that they are aware of some "iisues" with this model and that the same thing has happened to several others but at this time there was no recall. What does it take for them???? I worked for sears for 34 years and will never buy another Sears product or anything else from any of their stores. I can't believe how far their quality has fallen. No wonder no one shops there.

Dear Valued Sears Customer,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your refrigerator as I just came across your post. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with your refrigerator. Sears prides itself on excellent customer service and it seems we have not met our goal in your case. We would very much like to speak with you regarding your refrigerator and make sure everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Refrigerator 42811) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Warranty Evasion

Update by user Apr 29, 2011

On Thursday, 4/28/2011 I contacted the Social Media section of Sears via email. They have contacted me.

I will post updates as they happen. I am not holding out much hope - but we will see.

My problem is actually a small one. But the tactics that Sears is using are done knowinly and with malice.

They know what they are doing by running the customers around in circles until the customer gets tired of fighting with them and gives up. Deal with them at your own risk.

Original review posted by user Apr 28, 2011

I purchased a *** Wacker from Sears on 4/17/2010. On 4/19/2010 the reel that holds the line assembly fell apart. The Owner's Manual clearly says there is a 2 year warranty on this product. They will not send me a replacement reel, they told me to take it to the store, which I did. The store wants $35.00 to send the unit out for repairs. ANYONE THAT DOES BUSINESS WITH SEARS IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!! If you are looking for appliances - go to Lowes. Purchase the cheaper appliances and put a 5 year warranty on the thing. BECAUSE LOWES STANDS BEHIND THEIR WARRANTIES!!!!

Take your receipt and the item back to sears and tell them you want an exchange. Not service.

Explain what happened to the manager of Lawn and Garden. If they make you send it out for service go ahead and do it. That 35.00 charge is for parts not covered under the warranty... go ahead and agree to it tell them to put on the service order that you want to be contacted by the service center..

they will call you. Explain to the service center what the exact problem is and what exactly you want fixed.

Tell them when you purchased it and tell them that you will not pay for anything that is not covered under the warranty. I work for sears and I am not trying to *** you around I deal with the service centers they are pretty reasonable.

That 35$ shipping fee might the local store trying to scarf up money along with disuading customers from bringing stuff back.

If it's under warranty how can they charge you a 35$ shipping fee which is basically a labor fee???

It sounds like they are considering the reel itself an expendable or normal wear & tear part. The line is expendable the reel should not be but since the line goes around the reel they might consider it line. They should've at least explained that to you.

View more comments (2)
Review
I have a Craftman lawn mower that I brought from Sears. I called the 1-800 number on the Craftmans owners manual so that I could have my mower serviced since it had been a couple of years since if had been serviced. The lady quoted me a price of $89 because they were...

I signed up to use the online billing process but since the first logon I haven't been able to address the account online or received a print bill from sears. I have not idea about the condition of the account since I cannot view the bill online or have a printed output sent to me. Also I canot find a customer service contact phone number to addres this problem The problem has been going for over a year now with no answers.Phone number 253-351-0910 :(

View more comments
With Official Company Response
Warning ! Do Not use Bob Gironimi or Sears Home Improvement! Sears Home Improvement salesman John Drews sold us premium siding in late summer 2005. The crew that came to our house did not speak English. The "foreman" Jose spoke a little broken English. I told them to...

Dear Chasm,

I am having a problem with Sears - although NOTHING like yours - but nonetheless a problem. I have contacted this Social Media for Sears because I found the email address on another complaint against Sears.

They contacted me last night and I am hopeful that my problem will be resolved. But if I were you - and they messed up my house - we would be in court. No doubt about it.

My house is almost paid off and if someone damaged that house - the consequences would be dire I assure you. I will be watching this site to see what happens.

View more comments

Sears in Playa Del Rey, California - Extremely poor customer service

Kenmore washer purchased 2007 with warranty to 2012 broke. Service tech came and ordered parts that took 3 weeks. Parts arrived a little late and had to reschedule repair. Next scheduled repair canceled because tech sick. Rescheduled and was canceled again because tech was sick again. Escalated to different department and had tech out late for appointment. Fixed washer and left. Started 1st wash and machine broke again. Called and gave Sears 4 options; replace washer no cost, provide replacement until mine was fixed again, provide new washer at significant discount, provide new at full price next day. Response was can't help you have a nice day. Plan to buy new appliance from competitor and tell this story every chance I get.

Dear Fulton,

I saw your post here and wanted to reach out and apologize for the poor service you experienced in trying to get your washer repaired. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and is certainly not the type of service we want for our valued customers. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Fulton) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread need assistance with a Sears’ related issue we want to hear from you as well. Please do email us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

DON'T BUY AT SEARS!!!!!

I placed an order at a sears store to be delivered to my adress. It Sears happens to deliver the merchandize to the state of MA. 45 days later and many phone calls (lost count) to customer service (each representative would have different reason for not getting the refund) and they would ask to wait additional 5 days. A few times they would just hang up the phone. Many times the representative would say I have been refunded just to find out it was not true and other reps would contradict what the other had said by stating that the refund was never processed because of XYZ...(too many different reasons to remember). I think the customer service is of no help! and a waste of time. My last resource is going back to the store and not leave until something is done. Will see if it works.

Dear Carplin,

We saw this comment and wanted to reach out to you regarding the difficulties you experienced with Sears. We are very sorry that you had such trouble getting your purchase delivered. At Sears we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it seems we have not met that goal with you or your family. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Carplin,) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - THEY STOLE MY MONEY

DO NOT buy at Sears. They are liars and will do NOTHING to help you with your problem. I purchased an item online and conveniently the money was taken only to receive an email quickly after the money was taken, saying the item was sold out. I paid with a gift card. Its been over a month and a half, 3 phone call and an email and I have STILL not received a credit. They give me numbers to call that are automated answering machines. TAKE YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. They are cheap, trashy and don't care about their customers.

THEY STOLE OVER $800 FROM ME.

******************************SEARS STOLE MY MONEY TOO***************************

I have a similar issue. I had two Sears Merchant Cards and that had about $145. I go to use them at the store and I was told that both cards have expired. First of all I was not aware nor told about the expiry on the cards. The cashier pointed saying it says that on the back of the card. That’s when I decided that I won’t shop at Sears anymore.

It doesn’t matter. It is my money. I was given to use at the store. I was also told that since 2007 you can’t have an expiry date on these cards. I am going to look into this more and might have to sue them NOT for $140 but to prove a point.

I have been telling everyone and will keep on posting all over the internet that DON’T BUY AT SEARS.

I have a proof that they stole my money.

******************************DON’T SHOP AT SEARS*********************************

Dear Dear Valued Sears Customer,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred in getting you properly credited for your online purchase. This is certainly not how Sears does business and you should not have had to wait over a month for your refund. We would very much like to help and make sure that you receive any money you are due.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team which is a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (online customer) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (online order) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

@Sears Response

I orderd a product, order was cancelled by sears within an hour saying it was out of stock. I paid using a DEBIT card, no refund has been posted to my account.

Sears say they see NO charge, but I see the charge on my card,already disputed with bank but takes 14 days.

HELP ME! I have already faxes my statement over two times, not getting anywhere, They are illegally keeping my money.

View more comments (3)
Review

Sears in Los Angeles, California - Worst Repair Service Department Ever!!!!

I called for an appointment. Customer service gave a ridiculous FOUR hour window ! So we waited......but the repairman DID NOT came and went without calling or leaving a message on our home phone. I called the service center. The first service agent said they would have the repairman to call us. TWO hours later, I called again for status and the second service agent said that the repairman call us in 30 minutes. ONE hour later, I called again and was told he has gone home without calling us! Three calls, 7 hours wasted! Wasted my time...Call someone else!!!!!

To Sears Repair Customer,

My name is James H. and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the following as your screen name (Worst Repair Service Department Ever)for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Sears did not deliver after making us wait 1 month

We ordered a garden tractor at Sears' website when we received an email ad for garden tractors. We submitted the order, received our confirmation, then the next day received a delivery date - one month after the date of the order. We weren't happy about the wait, but Sears has always been reliable for us, so we thought we would stick with the order. In the meantime, we frequently checked our order status online. There was no indication that anything was wrong with the order, and the delivery date still showed. Now, a month later, no delivery on the date they gave us. When I called, customer service said the order was cancelled the day after we placed it - the same day they called to give us our delivery date! No one ever called or emailed us to tell us the order was cancelled, and there is STILL nothing on the website that says the order was cancelled. The order is still there, with nothing about status whatsoever. Sears has gone downhill!!!!!!!!! I've bought every kind of appliance from Sears for 30 years, and never had this kind of thing happen. I can guarantee that I will never buy another thing from Sears! I don't know what is happening, but I hope upper management and the Board of Directors are aware of how many very pissed off customers Sears is making these days. Sears, you just lost a 30-year customer.

Dear Cbgep,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. I am truly sorry that your online experience did not go as expected. We would like to see how we can help with this unfortunate situation and get your issue resolved. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tractor was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cbgep) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.