Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
Our refrigerator was condemned by a repair man after two visits,citing a coolant leak probably factory initiated. Our extended protection policy won't replace the refrigerator because we have not had three repair calls. Can anyone advise us how we can manage another...

Dear Addison Pieroway:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Addison Pieroway) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Social Media Support

View more comments

Sears Master Protection Agreement

I have several warranties through Sears and I have always been pleased with their service. It sounds like a few people had some bad experiences...that's not because of the warranty, but poor local customer service. In general though, I recommend Sears' agreements because when my camera broke, I got a brand new updated model with no issues. Same happened with my tv. :) I think it's funny when people complain about things and aren't even aware of what the problem actually is. Opinion forums are OPINIONS...and my opinion on the matter is--15 complaints out of...how many does Sears sell? That's not bad at all!

WHAT A JOKE MASTER PROTECTION AGREEMENT, I bought a new refridgerater I schedule a annule check up. tec came within two days great my daughter went to use the ice and water dispenser and it dose not work.

so what this tells me is tec comes to your house and dose not check his work. I called them 3 times no one has called me back.the 4th call.

I was told it will be two week before i can get service. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SEARS APPLIANCES OR MASTER PROTECTION AGREEMENT AGAIN.

NeverBuyAMasterProtectionAgree,

I'm very sorry to hear that your repair had not gone as you expected. Putting myself in your shoes I would not blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (NeverBuyAMasterProtectionAgree) in the email so we can reference to your case. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

Brian H.

Sears Social Media Support

I bought a Sears Master Protection Agreement with the purchase of my dishwasher. I hoped I would receive reliable and timely service should I ever have a problem.

Recently my dishwasher stopped working. I thought everything would be fine because I had the protection agreement just in case this ever happened. When I contacted Sears I was told the earliest someone could fix the dishwasher was two weeks. I was subsequently told that because they believe that having a dishwasher is not a necessity that they do prioritize the fixing of such appliances.

I asked to speak with a manager and was told all the managers were in a meeting and they would call me back. They never did! I had to call them back and was again told that two weeks would be the earliest they could fix it.

I will NEVER again purchase this plan! It should be called a non-service agreement.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Sears didn't honor price sign

Was shopping in a Sears store when I saw a big yellow sign that said clearance. I browsed through the items & found several items I could actually use & buy at good price. So after waiting for the cashier to fiddle on her cash register she's says she can't get the item or price to come up in the register. After 5 minutes of messing around with the register she calls a supervisor. The supervisor tells her she's not allowed to sell me the item and races to remove them from the rack. I asked with the price and the item numbers on the price tag she said she still can't sell me the item. I found it rude & ignorant of Sears and the cashier to not honor the price and try to 'cover up' it up like nothing happend almost running me over to get the merchandise off the rack.

If they were taking the items off the rack then that meant there was a problem with the items. And they were not allowed to be sold.

When that happens with items the register will prevent the sale from going through.

The cashier should of explained that to you and if not them then the Manager should of. Its not that they were trying to not honor the price sign it was that there is a problem with the item(s) and they could not be sold.

Service
Sears Cashier

Sears in Covington, Louisiana - Unhappy with Product/ Repair Service

I purchased a Whirlpool Front Load washing machine from Sears a little more than a year ago. It began making a VERY loud sound during the spin cycle and i even noticed oily looking spots on my clothes. I called Sears repair service and paid over $300 to get someone out to look at it. Parts were ordered and delivered to my house. I had to call and schedule another appointment once parts arrived. 2 weeks later no one shows up! I even received the call the day before to remind ME of the appointment. I called Sears and was told that it was a 2 man repair job and they only scheduled 1 person! I was so mad no one notified me as I was waiting and waiting. Then about 20 minutes later I received the automated message to call Sears. Now I have to take more time off work from 8-12 and hope they show up. I am soooo disappointed in Sears. My old washer lasted 10 years! I WILL buy local. Understanding the phone reps was difficult and I could tell they really could care less.

i purchased a central air conditioner unit from Sears of Memphis Tn in June the men came to install it after digging awhile they said i would need a special drain for the cost of $4000 cash before the unit could be installed they showed me a little dampness at the outside edges of the duct work i had the ducts in the house which are in concrete floor in my house cleaned a year before. The cleaned and repainted never had a problem with water in my ducts the clean white ducts stayed clean and white the entire year after installing the drain and the unit i had water in my duct work only one week after installing the unit i called and they sent a man out to drain water out of the ducts he said he couldn't help with why this was happening but the person who installed the unit would contact me and see why the drain was not working also while installing the unit they loosened the pipes from the gas line and we lost an entire tank of gas had to have someone out to fix that well i called and called and no one would come check and see why the drain system ($4000 worth) was not working as to this day not a single person from sears has come out to the house to see why the drain is not working however michael miller of Memphis did tell me on the phone that the only solution now would be to tear up my floors and replace all the duct work how this will help rain water from getting in them will help by doing this i do not know and why he thinks this will fix it i do not know because NO ONE has been out to see why the drain may not be working however he insists this is the only solution and over $8,000 at least i don't know who put it in it does not say in my paper work he signed it but i can't read it there is no company name or address anywhere on paper work it all just says sears now when it rains i cannot use the brand new air conditioner because the duct work is filled with water and no air can come through i do live on a tall hill so i figure a drain could be very successful if drained off to lower area this is how i did my clothes washer to keep the soapy water out of my septic tank i don't know why they think everyone involved in this installation is perfect and did not make a mistake so they don't need to come check i do know why it will entail a lot of digging and no pay since it is their fault i do now have stained and nasty duct work again i don't know why they can't at least run a camera down into the ducts to see what is going on i am very disgusted i have called michael miller many times and no results or call backs i have called his supervisor kevin dunder many times and left message no results the only person who answers my calls is chris roberts who sold me the unit he tries to help but he can't do anything the first sales person i had was horrible when he found out i would not buy the unit the night he came he got mad and left without leaving me the paperwork he filled out, a card to call him or a single thing he took his computer and commented that he couldn't believe he came all this way from memphis and got nothing i had told him i wanted to buy windows too and he was going to set me up for that he left without saying anything about it or getting someone to call i did finally call about the windows, they came put them in and did a great job and cleaned up well was $8000 worth of windows and planned to finish the rest of the windows within a year of course i won't try that now

When I say this I mean it!! Do not wast you time with sears they take your money and do not care.

I have to take 3 days off of work to wait for them to com fix my Dishwasher Jun 14 and 20th and now July 2nd. Jun 14th guy came out and did not know what he was doing so he siad he would have to call and have another person to come and fixs it soooo for the 20th was yesterday I got a note on my door Sorry we missed you no one called me or rang my door bell I would have known my dogs would have let me know they are so loud when someone rings the door bell.

I called the 1-800 # and the guy I talked to was sooo rude he keep saing well the repair guy said he ring your door bell I told the guy not to send the same repair person i do not want that guy on my prop. 3 days off work no pay wast of time and the 1-800 # wast of time do not spend your money with thim wast of time thanks Sears for nothing

Dear Wendymarie:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Wendymarie) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

I have just severed any connection I might have had with Sears. 30 years of buying appliances and using their repair service.

In the past I have had good relations with the technicians that have repaired my appliances and have found them more than competent. They may still be as good. The problem is getting one. I had an appointment to repair my washer. The Window was 1-5 PM CDT. At 4:40 I call the call center (myhome!) to find out what was happening. It was the first of many calls, all of them ending in frustration. The people who work at the call center are useless in providing information but very good at apologizing. The 100th time one hears "I apologize" makes one want to leap though the phone lines and shake them soundly. One wants help. One wants answers. Sears should put its money in service not in people who cannot help in anyway. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor and is to be put in the land of bad music and alas no connection to anyone called a supervisor. If there is such a person. And if the answer is yes, how do I apply for the job because it has to be the easiest one in the universe.

The only person who sounded like they knew anything was the representative I talked to when canceling my service agreement. And he got a little snarky when in my frustration I complained about the lack of respect Sears shows its loyal customers.

Farewell Sears, It was fun while it lasted.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool washer.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (Whirlpoolcare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

View more comments (4)

Sears is a JOKE !

sears is a joke. i had thier credit protecion plan, payed extra for it. my apt was burglerized. and i sent in the police reports(s). i sent the insurance papers SIX times.. because SEARS kept thowing my info into the trahs. tis was in 1998. and they are still sueing me> ! *** SEARS. the pugent snotyness and cold power execs at sears should be fierd. the sears credit protection plan ppl never have got any of my ins. claims. i cant find an attorny to sue the pompus *** and all they want in my MONET that i do not owe them. screw sreas. i have never shoped at sears scince and will NEVER buy anything from KMART or sears.

I actually believe it, I had a central AC installed and Sear Blue Crew has been to my house 7 times and has yet to fix it correctly. they now cancel my appointments. The joke should be How many Blue Crew members does it take to change a light bulb...

#272056

This complaint is total *** and is obviously a scammer, someone who got a sears card bought a crapload of expensive merchandise and maxed the card out and now is trying to scam their way out of paying by making a false complaint saying their stuff was burglarized.

If ya read the fine print or even the basic print on the credit protection plan you can see that it doesn't protect against theft.

It protects you if your get unemployed or are hospitalized and cannot pay the monthly bill, they will defer interest and if any halt payments until you are able to start paying them back.

Alot of credit card companies offer this extra protection for a fee, not just Sears. Quit being a scammer, YOU FAIL!

With Official Company Response
If you live in NH or another state that does NOT have a sales tax, beware of calling Sears for service on something you bought from one of their stores. We have a treadmill & called the toll-free number for Sears service & scheduled a service call. The next day, they...
#1620945

Found out shipping is taxable. Wasn't always so, but it is now Sears calculations was correct.

View more comments
With Official Company Response

Sears dishwasher was not fixed

I bought a top of the line Sears dishwasher 3/30/10, had it install beginning of April. I barely used it for the first couple of months, but I noticed in October that it was shutting off after 1/2 of washing, so the dishes were covered with soap and still dirty. Since it was still under warranty, I called and had a service person out in November, he said it was installed wrong. He was told that I had to call the store to get an installer out. I started calling in November the store - they either were busy, the manager was not there, or he would make the call. Nothing happened,until finally in January the appliance manager gave me the number to call. From February to March, the installation department had one story or another about why they could not get to my house. Finally at the end of March, the installer came out and said that the problem was the circuit board. Sears is now saying they will not cover it because it was a year ago (3/30/10) that I bought this. When they gave me the run around about the installer, they told me that no matter when he got out there, it would be covered since I made the call in time.

Dear Vmarburger:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dishwasher. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist you with resolving this issue. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We look forward to hearing back from you and getting your information over to one of our Case Manager's who will contact you.

Service
Sears Installation
With Official Company Response

Bent over the barrel at sears

The nerve of the customer service people at sears is unmatched. I have a samsung dryer that I purchaced at sears about a year ago. It stopped working three weeks agoAnd they still will not send a service person to my house because "Its too far from one of their stores". I live in wyoming and the closest sears is 120mi. away this may seem excessive but if you live in a state like wyoming then you understand that driving that far to make a major purchace is pretty common. At the time I bought it and a matching washer I was assured that they would come if any warranty issues happened. I have spent hours and hours explaining that no local shops work on this brand in my town just to be refered to places 300mi. away, rent to own stores, and ironicly laundrymats. moast recently I was told wait 24 to 48 hours and a case worker will contact me. 2 days later i call back to hear that i need to wait longer. Finally I called the customer complaint dept. and said i wanted an answer as to if i was ever getting service right now... aparently everything at sears takes 24 to 48 hours. All this and I can tell you the sears vans have been spotted in my town neumorus times by me and other members of my family assisting other people. What did I do to deserve this treatment? Am I supposed to give you my money in exchange for empty claims? Will I be at the laundrymat for the fourth weekend in a row this weekend? I wish someone would take that bet. F#@! you sears, F#@! you very much

Dear nikalseyn:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dryer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (nikalseyn) in the email so we can reference to your case.

nikalseyn

It sounds like it's out of warranty. In that case, why would you want Sears to fix it anyway??

If you cannot get a local repairman to fix it or there are none, just buy a new one, preferably from a store much closer than the Sears store. There must be a local store within a 100 mile radius you can go to.

The moral of this story, tho is that no one should ever, ever shop for anything at Sears. I learned the hard way three decades ago about their lousy "customer service." I no longer even buy their Craftsman tools.

Now that there are other stores like Menards, Lowes, etc. why bother with Sears?

Sears and Broken Washing Machines Part II

Well, Three weeks later our refund check from Sears showed up, and it was $119 dollars less than we paid. Exactly 15% less. So all in all Sears charged us $119 to keep our money for 3 weeks, and deliver a new washing Machine that did not work from the moment it touched our property, and 15% less than the customer Service representitive promised my wife when she demanded that they take it back. What a lovley rip-off job Sears has pulled this time. I do understand the 15% restocking fee if the Darned thing worked, or even if we decided to go with another model AND THE THING WORKED. But to deliver us a Broken Machine AND charge us $119 for the privlidge, I just can not fathom this or a Company like they have become. I pray that they did not just turn around and sell this pile-o-garbage to another unsuspecting sap. Sears, give it up, you are nowhere near the company I used to know or what once was when I was a younger man.

I'd would go to the local BBB and the FTC since the company isn't delivering on something that works. A washing machine is supposed to wash.

Dear KdF:

My name is Susan and I'm part of the Sears Cares Team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out to you and offer assistance. I am very sorry about the problems you had with your washer. I can definitely understand the frustration you must be feeling over this situation. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience please us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you.

Sears in Norfolk, Virginia - Kenmore Freezer

I bought a freezer from a military exchange in Virginia about two years ago. After about 6 months, it stop cooling and i called and had a service tech come out and he changed out the filter for freon, checked the charge and it was good. This was under warranty. 7 months later the same thing happened, called sears service, they sent a technician out, and he said that the compressor was bad. He called Kenmore, and they said it wasnt under warrenty anymore, so now im stuck with a freezer that doesnt work. This is how Kenmore does business, even to our military personnel. I will never buy a Kenmore product ever again.

So it took over 2 months for them to finally fix the problem? Great customer service. How much food did you lose?

Just wanted to say Thanks to this web site and Stephanie at Sears for resolving this problem with my freezer. It has been fixed and is running great all for less than $100.00 Thanks Again

Dear C24IaHawks1:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (C24IaHawks1) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (2)