Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears review in Palatine, Illinois: Told me to throw out a good chainsaw.

I bought an electric chain saw from sears a couple of years ago. Recently the chain came off of the bar tried to fix it myself but I could not move the tensioner. So I took it to Sears repair at Woodfield in Schaumburg. They said that they do not fix electric lawn and garden tools. I told them that there was nothing wrong with the electric part just the tensioner. They gave me a hard time so I called Sears customer service who told me to take it back and the would fix it. What a joke, they didn't even send it out. They called and to told me to just come and get it. So I found out that if you buy any electric lawn and garden tool they won't fix it if it breaks, like an electric *** whacker etc. They want you to throw it out. So much for recycling.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

I’m so sorry to read about the experience you had with trying to get your chain saw repaired. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with you regarding this situation and to assist in resolving it to your satisfaction. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the chain saw was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Chain Saw 5711) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

The electronic tools(for lawn and garden) are not covered for repair and that is not up to the stores. The repair centers cannot get parts for them.

The parts are not available.

If you got the SPP on the product which is a Sears Purchase Protection Agreement which I am sure was offered to you, you would have a brand new one right now. Thats why they are offered so if it breaks you just return it and get a brand new one no repair necessary.

Sears Repair

Dont buy from Sears.com

Sears has lost its focus on what is important. All employees have no value to Sears. There is absolutely no incentive to work there. The Store managers are usually Nerds who have failed at life and are only capable of carrying out the company mandate. They have absolutely no business logic or any sort of communication skills. They love to discuss meaningless nonsense every morning or at any meeting, like a pep rally. Get with the program, idiots. Take care of the customer, Take care of your employees, and find ways to increase customer flow. Stop talking about useless fad points programs, that only promote online shopping, so you dont have to pay your associates. If you have an opinion as a manager your might as well quit or you will be fired. This is why sales are down. They are selling the stores out, Buyer beware, they are trying to get everyone to shop online. Sears online is a nightmare. If you decided to buy online good luck. Orders get messed up and noone will want to help you. Dont expect to buy online and then call the store with your troubles. Sears needs to learn how to do business and set an example. Sears used to be a name you can trust. Get with the program Sears

I completely agree. Sears treats their employees so badly that it trickles down to the customers.

Sears/K-mart is circling the toilet bowl.

Sears Manager

Sears is the worst!

The Sears in GLENDALE CA has the worst customer service! and all the employees are so rude and not patient with the customers..even the managers are so rude to you they are all iliterate people..its so old fashioned and the stuff they are selling are so old fashioned i don't know why they don't close the store..? the last time i was there i went to the third floor half of the lights were turned of! i am really disappointed with this store and its poor customer service..i would never shop at sears again..never

To Esmeralda33,

I want to apologize for the poor experiences you have had in our Sears store. I am very concerned by what I’ve read here and would very much like to speak with you regarding the incidents that you have detailed in this post. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you that we might assist in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Esmeralda33) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Thank you for your attention and we look forward to speaking with you.

Loss

Simple request denied by Sears repair appointment service

We had a scheduled appointment for a washer repair. No technician called or ever showed up. When I reported this at 7pm on May 5th, 2011 I was offered an appointmetn on May 1oth which would not work for us and then given an appointment on May 12th. I asked for the reason the technician did not show up on the 5th and was told that the technicians's phone did not work. I then asked if they would send me an appointment confirmation in writing so I had a record of the appointment date and time. I further explained that this same situation had happened four months prior, was assured then that it would not happen again, and now wanted written proof of the appointment. The representative stated that they would not provide a written confirmation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to a disconnected number. I called back and explained the situation to the next representative. They were polite and immediately transferred me to a supervisor. The call was never answered and after 30 minutes the phone disconnected. I called *** a third time and explained the situation again. The representative again explained hat they did not send out written confirmations. I asked to speak to a supervior. The representative, who was also very polite, explained that the supervisor would tell me the same thing. I re-requested that I be tranferred. I was transferred and I am writing this while I am on hold, one hour later. I guess no one at sears is willing to take responsibility and be accountable.

To Susan,

I saw your comment here and wanted to reach out to you on behalf of Sears and apologize for the poor repair experience you detailed regarding your dishwasher. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would like to speak with you to see what can be done to rectify this situation.

As I stated, my name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you that we might assist in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Susan) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Thank you for your attention and we look forward to speaking with you.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations; I saw your post and want to apologize for the delayed response as I’ve just come across it here. It certainly sounds as if you’ve had a very frustrating experience with your washer repair and that it still has not been resolved. We would very much like to speak with you regarding this repair and to work towards resolving this situation.

The Sears Cares team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Washer Repair 5511) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

We had the same thing happen to us last week. The repairman was suppposed to show up between 1-5 pm.

No one showed or called. When I called to complain they said he would come by 7 pm that night, so I waited again. What a sucker I was, still no one showed up or called. Sears service sucks and I'm ready to just have them come get their *** out of my house.

The people on the phone just *** you around and don't really care that you sat around waiting all dday for no reason. What a huge mistake buying appliances from Sears!

We just moved in last week and already the dishwasher is broken. If you read this, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

me, too! We are heading into week 3 without a washing machine.

View more comments (3)
Review
I went to my local Sears Hardware store to buy a lawn tractor after selling my old one. They had exactly the model I wanted, but was told they couldn't sell it to me because it was a display model. I went online, and placed a call to Sears customer service because...

I was contacted by a Sears customer service exec. within 3 days of filing a complaint, and she has done a wonderful job to restore my faith in Sears.

I still believe they have issues with sales procedures and communication between departments, but they obviously do care about their customers. That said I was able to get my tractor the next day! But unfortunately the one I got has some sort of drive problem, and makes a loud clicking noise when moving. A service tech is due to look at the problem this Friday.

I will update with my results at that point. Again I want to thank Sears Social Media Support for taking an interest in the problems I've had, and for getting real results for me.

I am very impressed so far! Hopefully the repairs needed are something simple, and I can once again say I'm a huge Sears Craftsman fan.

View more comments
Review

Sears Repair-Pay upfront, never see technician

We scheduled a lawn mower repair. Technician came. He ordered parts and charged us for the repair he promised would be the next day. Took the day off, no one came. Got an automated call that evening that appointment would be next Friday. Took the day off, no one came. Got an automated call that evening that appointment would be next Friday. Took the day off, no one came. Called customer service and was told the appointment will be tomorrow morning sometime between 8-12. It has been one month. We have parts, $400 charged to our credit card, a broken mower, but NO repair technician! My recommendation. Don't even consider calling them

Dear DeeScott,

I came across your post here and wanted to reach out to you and offer assistance. I am very sorry that you have been having such a difficult time having the technician arrive on the correct day at the scheduled time. Sears works very hard to ensure that we quickly and correctly resolve our customer’s repair situations and in this case we have definitely failed to live up to those expectations. My name is Greg and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalation team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer problems and we would very much like to assist you in making this right. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower repair was set up under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also please make reference to your screen name, DeeScott, so we can easily locate this initial contact information and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Greg G.

Sears review in Vancouver, British Columbia: Sear_Kenmore worst EVER service

Well to say I havee lost the will to live re the so called customer service for a kenmore sewing machine purchased from sears is an understatement. They are the most incompeteent people I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Can't understand most of them and they are full of *** Promises promises - all just waffle. I will never buy a kenmore product again and as for Sears - forget them - they should drop some suppliers and maybe sort themselves out too. Walmart and othes is where my business will go from now on. Sears sucks as do Kenmore - the worst of the worst of the worst - hope they go out of business !

To Purplechoclate,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post as I’ve just read about your situation. On behalf of Sears I want to apologize for the frustration you have experienced in trying to obtain an owner’s manual for your sewing machine and would very much like to speak with you so that we may assist.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sewing machine was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Purplechoclate) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

Apologies - I was so mad I missed the point !

I was trying do the simple task of ordering an instruction manual - which they don't actually have listed for that machine, so after ???? converations they located on that 'covered' my machine - but to be hoest it would have been less painful to buy a new machine off ebay !

However seems like my ranting finally paid off - 3 phone calls in 2 days !

What is the problem?

View more comments (2)
Review

What is up/sears service?why buy a service contract?

I have a service contract with sears. I call because I have a broken appliance and am on hold for 1/2 hour to schedule service and then had to wait a week for service. The tech who came (very nice)was subcontracted by sears and changed a fuse. When he left and I ran the machine, it did not work....called sears back, waited another 1/2 hour and was told I had to wait another week for service!When I asked to file a complaint I was transferred to a dept. of 300 people who handle complaints! Maybe they can hire 300 people to determine how to improve service instead of 300 people who have no power to improve anything, but politely repeat the fact that they have inadequate service. In the past we chose sears because of reliable service. no more!
Leor

Jennifer Sands again with update, they failed inspection, forced repairs, unit still leaks Freon but with no follow up to check on your consumer's you would never know. Just spent an additional $1,865 to have a real HVAC company come in and re-install the Sears system to finally stop the leak. I am going to SUE!

I was contacted by Sear's after I wrote. My specialists was very nice but unfortunately the repairs have continued to drag as you can see from the time stamps.

The short of it is Sear's had opened a permit with my county at install, no one had the unit inspected after install so permit still open. Failure on both county and Sear's anyhoo, Sear's wanted to have county come inspect and tell mean ole consumer (Me) that the unit was in working condition and installed to code GO AWAY!!!! The unit failed inspection on 7 areas how IRONIC!!!! Now they are in this huge rush to fix and I am the bad consumer for not letting them.

Well lets review you continue to send the same installer that originally messed it up, let's see law of averages say that eventually he will get lucky and it will be fixed...the company continues to try and make this my fault, well they are correct it is my fault for placing my hard earned cash $6199, and trust into their company......Shame onn me.

Now I will be at every blog and complaint site on the web letting the world know. My contribution to my fellow humans, DON'T BUY SEAR"S PRODUCTS R ALLOW THEIR INSTALLERS IN YOUR HOME.

My next step is I get to spend money I do not have on a lawyer!

Well I just wrote Ms. Laura D a nice long letter all about my brand new broken HVAC system.

If I hear back from them before the OCP I will let ya know. But I certainly will not purchase from either Sear's or Kmart again.

They sell *** apparently and will not stand behind their products. Should have known this was coming after the takeover by the blue light special folks as they have always sold ***.

Laura D.

Is full of *** the company will not do anything but drag you on and *** you around. I just told sears to *** off as I am no longer buying anything from them. I hope you go out of business.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your appliance as I just came across your post. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with your Sears’ repair and we would very much like to help resplve this situation to your satisfaction.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was serviced under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Sears Repair 5411) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Izaiyah
@Sears Response

I have a new Samsung....well, 2011...and it keeps getting frost on the freezer doors...inside....they come to fix and it just happens again...plus my diswaher leaks profusely...and they can't find out why....what good is the service contract if u don't now how to fix properly? my fride is NOW with ice..and my service contract is up on March 3rd..why would I buy another? u can't fix what I hAVE..and the diswasher was installed by Sears...broke my kitchen tile when putting it in and scratched the entire top panel...hopeless I wrote on this weeks ago and it said they woiuld get back to me within 24 to 48 hours....when is that, since I haven't heaqrd since?

Izaiyah
@Izaiyah

oh boy, my typos are horrendous....duh...but, think I got message across

View more comments (6)

Sears review in Phoenix, Arizona: Poor air duct cleaning

poor customer service on contract has sears satisfaction guarantee service???????????? done on 4-13 / had problem restarting my ac after they left / when they said they sanitized unit they had problem with the fan going on it seams like it is worse after they cleaned unit upset in Gilbert Arizona called customer service about there survey customer representative very unresponsive to my inquiry the rep did not seam to care about my situation it seam like there interest was in selling add on s purchase new ? lifetime filters supposedly guaranteed I have purchase appliances garden equipment for over 30 years

We had a terrible experince with Sears for air duct cleaning. The Tech was rude, asking personal questions and very opinionated.

Did not clean the bathroom fan vents at all. When called to say that - he asked my husband to send us the proof and that his guys are properly trained. I did not know but Sears has franchised these services, next time Sears does not get any business from me. I am going to call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

I am going to post an very bad review on-line on all blogs and also send a survey that is not going to be at all flattering. DC

Sorry Sear Cares I was ripped off by the same scam 8/17/11, however, I returned their check. I have yet to hear from anyone in Sears and I emailed Sears support and called the original office in Lorton, VA to no prevail.

They are not getting my money until my fee is rectified and they send a certified HVAC technician to fix it. I will probably have to get another service out as Sears does not care and bounce around their service responsibility. I have had breathing issues and my son who has medical problems, now has a type of rash on his neck. His physicians are concerned as I am battling with medications.

I am ready to take to this to the next level, however, and go to media and hire an attorney for fraud practices and unhealthy result due to poor quality of service and altering my existing HVAC system. Buyer beware go with yellow pages before you trust Sears.

I had the same experience with Sears on 8/13/2011 -> had a horrible experience getting my air ducts cleaned wit SEARS - the service person was more interested in upselling $1500 units to me then cleaning my air ducts which cost me $450 for my 2 zone home. When i didn't *** - the quality of the job went downhill.

i think 7 of the 12 steps of the Air Duct Cleaning process were not followed. Buyer beware. Don't go with Sears - i was better off taking my chances with the $89 dollar deal from my valpak then the BS i dealt with this past weekend. I haven't been able to speak to anyone from Sears who was able to rectify the situation -I have been trying since Saturday with no luck.

SEars does not care about its customers. What a shame - i went with Sears because i thought they had integrity and stood behind the name, but the reality is that i was hussled, pressured in unnecessary add-ons and ripped off.

To Jazamor,

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and I’m so sorry to hear about the problems with your duct cleaning as well as the subsequent issues with Sears customer service. I also apologize for the delayed response to your situation as I’ve just come across this post. From your writing I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist in resolving this matter.

The Sears Cares team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the duct cleaning was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jazamor) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Sears review in Virginia Beach, Virginia: Did not fulfill warranty contract on Schwinn exercise bike

I purchased a Schwinn exercise bike three years ago. Also purchased the extended warranty. When the warranty came up for renewal this year, I renewed it. Had a need for a service call in March, 2011. They ordered replacement parts which as of May 3, 2011 were still on backorder. Was told they would replace bike if repair could not be made. Discovered today when I took my authorization number for the replacement to Sears, they only will replace $300 toward an exercise bike. I paid almost $500 for the bike plus purchasing the warranty for a total of almost $700 at time of purchase. There was no manager there to speak with, and I waited for more than an hour while I thought a manager was out to lunch. Sat in the department while employees were all around, none of whom seemed the least bit interested in assisting me in solving my problem. I will never ever do business with Sears again, nor will I ever purchase a warranty contract which is totally worthless in my opinion. Interestingly, while I was waiting, I was approached by a salesperson wanting to sell something for my home. SERIOUSLY???????

They didn't either on the stove/range we purchased. Their warranty is not worth the paper its printed on

To CCcory,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your exercise bike as I just came across your post. I am so sorry for the difficulties that have occurred with getting your exercise bike replaced under your warranty. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with your regarding this situation so that we can find out what happened and work towards resolving this to your satisfaction.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the exercise bike was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (CCcory) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair