Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears dishwasher was not fixed

I bought a top of the line Sears dishwasher 3/30/10, had it install beginning of April. I barely used it for the first couple of months, but I noticed in October that it was shutting off after 1/2 of washing, so the dishes were covered with soap and still dirty. Since it was still under warranty, I called and had a service person out in November, he said it was installed wrong. He was told that I had to call the store to get an installer out. I started calling in November the store - they either were busy, the manager was not there, or he would make the call. Nothing happened,until finally in January the appliance manager gave me the number to call. From February to March, the installation department had one story or another about why they could not get to my house. Finally at the end of March, the installer came out and said that the problem was the circuit board. Sears is now saying they will not cover it because it was a year ago (3/30/10) that I bought this. When they gave me the run around about the installer, they told me that no matter when he got out there, it would be covered since I made the call in time.

Dear Vmarburger:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dishwasher. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist you with resolving this issue. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We look forward to hearing back from you and getting your information over to one of our Case Manager's who will contact you.

Sears Installation
With Official Company Response

Bent over the barrel at sears

The nerve of the customer service people at sears is unmatched. I have a samsung dryer that I purchaced at sears about a year ago. It stopped working three weeks agoAnd they still will not send a service person to my house because "Its too far from one of their stores". I live in wyoming and the closest sears is 120mi. away this may seem excessive but if you live in a state like wyoming then you understand that driving that far to make a major purchace is pretty common. At the time I bought it and a matching washer I was assured that they would come if any warranty issues happened. I have spent hours and hours explaining that no local shops work on this brand in my town just to be refered to places 300mi. away, rent to own stores, and ironicly laundrymats. moast recently I was told wait 24 to 48 hours and a case worker will contact me. 2 days later i call back to hear that i need to wait longer. Finally I called the customer complaint dept. and said i wanted an answer as to if i was ever getting service right now... aparently everything at sears takes 24 to 48 hours. All this and I can tell you the sears vans have been spotted in my town neumorus times by me and other members of my family assisting other people. What did I do to deserve this treatment? Am I supposed to give you my money in exchange for empty claims? Will I be at the laundrymat for the fourth weekend in a row this weekend? I wish someone would take that bet. F#@! you sears, F#@! you very much

Dear nikalseyn:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dryer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (nikalseyn) in the email so we can reference to your case.

nikalseyn

It sounds like it's out of warranty. In that case, why would you want Sears to fix it anyway??

If you cannot get a local repairman to fix it or there are none, just buy a new one, preferably from a store much closer than the Sears store. There must be a local store within a 100 mile radius you can go to.

The moral of this story, tho is that no one should ever, ever shop for anything at Sears. I learned the hard way three decades ago about their lousy "customer service." I no longer even buy their Craftsman tools.

Now that there are other stores like Menards, Lowes, etc. why bother with Sears?

View more comments (1)

Sears and Broken Washing Machines Part II

Well, Three weeks later our refund check from Sears showed up, and it was $119 dollars less than we paid. Exactly 15% less. So all in all Sears charged us $119 to keep our money for 3 weeks, and deliver a new washing Machine that did not work from the moment it touched our property, and 15% less than the customer Service representitive promised my wife when she demanded that they take it back. What a lovley rip-off job Sears has pulled this time. I do understand the 15% restocking fee if the Darned thing worked, or even if we decided to go with another model AND THE THING WORKED. But to deliver us a Broken Machine AND charge us $119 for the privlidge, I just can not fathom this or a Company like they have become. I pray that they did not just turn around and sell this pile-o-garbage to another unsuspecting sap. Sears, give it up, you are nowhere near the company I used to know or what once was when I was a younger man.

I'd would go to the local BBB and the FTC since the company isn't delivering on something that works. A washing machine is supposed to wash.

Dear KdF:

My name is Susan and I'm part of the Sears Cares Team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out to you and offer assistance. I am very sorry about the problems you had with your washer. I can definitely understand the frustration you must be feeling over this situation. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience please us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you.

Thanks,

View more comments (1)

Sears in Norfolk, Virginia - Kenmore Freezer

I bought a freezer from a military exchange in Virginia about two years ago. After about 6 months, it stop cooling and i called and had a service tech come out and he changed out the filter for freon, checked the charge and it was good. This was under warranty. 7 months later the same thing happened, called sears service, they sent a technician out, and he said that the compressor was bad. He called Kenmore, and they said it wasnt under warrenty anymore, so now im stuck with a freezer that doesnt work. This is how Kenmore does business, even to our military personnel. I will never buy a Kenmore product ever again.

So it took over 2 months for them to finally fix the problem? Great customer service. How much food did you lose?

Just wanted to say Thanks to this web site and Stephanie at Sears for resolving this problem with my freezer. It has been fixed and is running great all for less than $100.00 Thanks Again

Dear C24IaHawks1:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (C24IaHawks1) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (2)

SEARS; Jay Passman; Illinois

I was sold over a $10,000 central air conditioner thru Sears/Illinois. The right duct work that it needed was never installed. I have worked on this for 5 years, & no one will help me. Finally, after the threat of a lawsuit, Sears finally came down 3 years later & put in the proper duct work, after I paid on the unit for 3 years & it never worked properly. (remind you I paid $350 per month for almost 36months without any air conditioning working properly) Now, no one will service it or return my calls, for the past year. Shame on you Jay Passman & Sears!

Dear Ms. Young:

Dear Cory:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Debbie Young) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Home Services HVAC

Sears Home Services was the first company to respond and show up to give bids on a new A/C & Heating System for my house. Price from Sears for a Carrier 3.5 Ton unit installed was $11,823 dollars without tax. The same Carrier unit was priced to me by other HVAC companies at HALF that price. Other units from Payne and Fridigaire were quoted by other reputable dealers at less than half for a larger unit. So for some reason Sears thinks you should get pay around $6000 dollars more than you have too. This make me rethink any purchases i may make in the future with Sears.

What was the Seer rating and was it an apples to apples comparison? Many HVAC companies will sell you the same size unit that was originally installed; despite the contractor buying units in bulk to receive a discount.

A load test is extremely important to determine the proper unit for your home; did Sears or anyone else offer to perform that service (it's normally about $200)?

I've sold HVAC systems for about 18 years, and I can say that a Carrier heating & cooling system, properly installed, could easily run $11k. Carrier are the Big Boys, and their high end models are the gold standard.

And Payne costs less because Payne is poorly made; can't speak to Frigidaire.

I also had the same experience with Sears Home Services. They made me feel like we were getting *** for the price we were quoted, and quoted are you going to trust your family with that?

View more comments (2)
Review

Sears has TERRIBLE subcontracted delivery services!

We recently moved to the Tucson area and left our old w/d set with the house we sold. We are military and once our travel pay came through we went out to buy an new set. After researching the set we wanted online we looked at Lowes, Home Depot, a few local companies and finally Sears. Sears was the ONLY place who could get us the set in 2 days..everywhere else was 2 weeks or more. Being a family of 5 with a newborn and no w/d for the last 3 weeks - we needed a set NOW. Bought the set, paid extra to get them weekend delivered. They were supposed to be delivered today (Sunday). We live on an Air Force base so we made sure their company had permission/drivers that could access the instillation. Everything on our end was set. Phone call Saturday night said they would deliver between 1&3pm Sunday. Sunday (today) we get an 8am phone call saying they had just tried to get on base and were denied access due to base regulations forbidding Sunday deliveries. That was Lie #1. After an entire morning and early afternoon of phone calls and getting the run around we discovered the truth. The set made it from the Phoenix warehouse to Tucson & in Tucson some "brilliant" individual decided they knew better than anyone else and that the set could not be delivered because the base would not allow it. WRONG. After many conversations with Sears locally we have decided to cancel our order because it was not going to deliver until "sometime on Tuesday". Not acceptable as my husband would be working and I have an infant with a doctor's appointment & older children who have insane school schedules so I spend most of my day dropping them off and picking them up. After calling two more locally owned businesses, we found the exact set and can have them today - as I type this my husband is on his way to go purchase them and bring them home in his truck. Oh and Sears, just so you know - we're also willing to spend an addition $130 more than the set cost us through YOU just because we can have them NOW and not God knows when. Never have I seen such incompetence....Sears outsources their deliveries to a subcontractor - perhaps if they did them in house they would care more about what happens to their customers AFTER the sale, because the delivery company sure as heck doesn't. Sears...we're done. :( And after reading some other comments, my order BETTER be cancelled. It hasn't posted to our bank yet so Monday morning it better not magically show up as a debit without an immediately following credit!

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lack of Action over Issue

Hello, I am beyond DISSATISFACTION with SEARs and the people that I decided to Google and see what comes up and my family is obviously not the first they have come into contact with. On December 17, 2010, SEARS installed a new "energy efficient" HVAC unit in my home that we are residing in. On January 27, 2011, we received a utility bill in excess of $1,000.00 (YES, ONE THOUSAND). We promptly called SEARS about the issue and they tried to tell us that this is "normal". After phone calls and phone calls, I filed a BBB Complaint and then finally someone contacted me. This complaint was officially filed 2/24/11. A Ruben Perez contacted me to tell us that someone would come out to check the installation of the unit. Nothing happened for weeks. Now all of a sudden, he is no longer on our case and it has been assigned to Rachel Cheek and Tera Mullen. As of today, 3/31/2011 NO ONE has come out and we have been forced to turn our heat completely off because we have $1,900 in utility bills for only 2 months. We have 4 children and this is absurd. Rachel Cheek had the audacity to tell me that is has "been a rough Winter for everyone". Excuse my language, but I don't give a *** because no one else has the spiked usage we have had ONLY after installation of this unit. We live in a simple ranch style home with only 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Last winter, our usage was nothing of the amount, so this Winter would be no different. I am fed up with SEARS and their lack of action and non-chalant attitude. I even went as far as to contact the Operations Manager of our City and have him email them about our average usage and the apparant spike that occured. All Rachel Cheek does is send out *** emails and not act on a *** thing. I will continue to file with the BBB until an acutal resolution is reached and not empty promises to even START on the issue over a FREAKIN month later. I see now that we are dealing with a person who has not done anything in the past for other people except "see what she can do". How about "seeing" an ACTUAL RESOLUTION?
Sears Installation

Sears in Yonkers, New York - Dont waste your time with this company

five times I patiently waited for a delivery on a clothes dryer and it didnt show up!!! we took of work to have it delivered..Nothing! No Delivery! where is it..no one knows..no one cares..everyone at sears passes the blame!!! The manager is never in..will not return calls..basically the store in white plains new york is a big sham..Dont WASTE your TIME or MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They dont seam to care about their customers... as long as they make a sale. I will cancel my sears cards and Never Purchase from this store again!! I am this angry, because its not the first time it happened.

Dear Anonymous:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Anonymous) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks,

Social Media Support Team

Sears Manager
Loss

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Warranty repair did not come out to see problem.

My wife and I purchased numerous applainces from Sears in the past couple of years for our newly built home. I have seen the Sears repair man more than I want. My LG refrigerator has been replaced 3 times. Now my brand new LG top of the line washer has stopped washing in the middle of the cycle leaving water in the tub. The Sears techinician tells my wife over the phone of the procedure of getting the water out of the tank. We have been without the washer for 2 weeks and the techinician tells my wife over the phone he knows what is wrong with it and he is ordering the part. I am going to be extremely mad when the part comes in and it is n ot fixed. I will start purchasing my items from another store.
Sears Repair