Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Sears Warranty Evasion

Update by user Apr 29, 2011

On Thursday, 4/28/2011 I contacted the Social Media section of Sears via email. They have contacted me.

I will post updates as they happen. I am not holding out much hope - but we will see.

My problem is actually a small one. But the tactics that Sears is using are done knowinly and with malice.

They know what they are doing by running the customers around in circles until the customer gets tired of fighting with them and gives up. Deal with them at your own risk.

Original review posted by user Apr 28, 2011

I purchased a *** Wacker from Sears on 4/17/2010. On 4/19/2010 the reel that holds the line assembly fell apart. The Owner's Manual clearly says there is a 2 year warranty on this product. They will not send me a replacement reel, they told me to take it to the store, which I did. The store wants $35.00 to send the unit out for repairs. ANYONE THAT DOES BUSINESS WITH SEARS IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!! If you are looking for appliances - go to Lowes. Purchase the cheaper appliances and put a 5 year warranty on the thing. BECAUSE LOWES STANDS BEHIND THEIR WARRANTIES!!!!

Take your receipt and the item back to sears and tell them you want an exchange. Not service.

Explain what happened to the manager of Lawn and Garden. If they make you send it out for service go ahead and do it. That 35.00 charge is for parts not covered under the warranty... go ahead and agree to it tell them to put on the service order that you want to be contacted by the service center..

they will call you. Explain to the service center what the exact problem is and what exactly you want fixed.

Tell them when you purchased it and tell them that you will not pay for anything that is not covered under the warranty. I work for sears and I am not trying to *** you around I deal with the service centers they are pretty reasonable.

That 35$ shipping fee might the local store trying to scarf up money along with disuading customers from bringing stuff back.

If it's under warranty how can they charge you a 35$ shipping fee which is basically a labor fee???

It sounds like they are considering the reel itself an expendable or normal wear & tear part. The line is expendable the reel should not be but since the line goes around the reel they might consider it line. They should've at least explained that to you.

View more comments (2)
Review
I have a Craftman lawn mower that I brought from Sears. I called the 1-800 number on the Craftmans owners manual so that I could have my mower serviced since it had been a couple of years since if had been serviced. The lady quoted me a price of $89 because they were...

I signed up to use the online billing process but since the first logon I haven't been able to address the account online or received a print bill from sears. I have not idea about the condition of the account since I cannot view the bill online or have a printed output sent to me. Also I canot find a customer service contact phone number to addres this problem The problem has been going for over a year now with no answers.Phone number 253-351-0910 :(

View more comments
Review
Warning ! Do Not use Bob Gironimi or Sears Home Improvement! Sears Home Improvement salesman John Drews sold us premium siding in late summer 2005. The crew that came to our house did not speak English. The "foreman" Jose spoke a little broken English. I told them to...

Dear Chasm,

I am having a problem with Sears - although NOTHING like yours - but nonetheless a problem. I have contacted this Social Media for Sears because I found the email address on another complaint against Sears.

They contacted me last night and I am hopeful that my problem will be resolved. But if I were you - and they messed up my house - we would be in court. No doubt about it.

My house is almost paid off and if someone damaged that house - the consequences would be dire I assure you. I will be watching this site to see what happens.

View more comments

Sears review in Playa Del Rey, California: Extremely poor customer service

Kenmore washer purchased 2007 with warranty to 2012 broke. Service tech came and ordered parts that took 3 weeks. Parts arrived a little late and had to reschedule repair. Next scheduled repair canceled because tech sick. Rescheduled and was canceled again because tech was sick again. Escalated to different department and had tech out late for appointment. Fixed washer and left. Started 1st wash and machine broke again. Called and gave Sears 4 options; replace washer no cost, provide replacement until mine was fixed again, provide new washer at significant discount, provide new at full price next day. Response was can't help you have a nice day. Plan to buy new appliance from competitor and tell this story every chance I get.

Dear Fulton,

I saw your post here and wanted to reach out and apologize for the poor service you experienced in trying to get your washer repaired. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and is certainly not the type of service we want for our valued customers. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Fulton) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread need assistance with a Sears’ related issue we want to hear from you as well. Please do email us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

Sears Repair

DON'T BUY AT SEARS!!!!!

I placed an order at a sears store to be delivered to my adress. It Sears happens to deliver the merchandize to the state of MA. 45 days later and many phone calls (lost count) to customer service (each representative would have different reason for not getting the refund) and they would ask to wait additional 5 days. A few times they would just hang up the phone. Many times the representative would say I have been refunded just to find out it was not true and other reps would contradict what the other had said by stating that the refund was never processed because of XYZ...(too many different reasons to remember). I think the customer service is of no help! and a waste of time. My last resource is going back to the store and not leave until something is done. Will see if it works.

Dear Carplin,

We saw this comment and wanted to reach out to you regarding the difficulties you experienced with Sears. We are very sorry that you had such trouble getting your purchase delivered. At Sears we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and it seems we have not met that goal with you or your family. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Carplin,) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears review in Chicago, Illinois: THEY STOLE MY MONEY

DO NOT buy at Sears. They are liars and will do NOTHING to help you with your problem. I purchased an item online and conveniently the money was taken only to receive an email quickly after the money was taken, saying the item was sold out. I paid with a gift card. Its been over a month and a half, 3 phone call and an email and I have STILL not received a credit. They give me numbers to call that are automated answering machines. TAKE YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE. They are cheap, trashy and don't care about their customers.

THEY STOLE OVER $800 FROM ME.

******************************SEARS STOLE MY MONEY TOO***************************

I have a similar issue. I had two Sears Merchant Cards and that had about $145. I go to use them at the store and I was told that both cards have expired. First of all I was not aware nor told about the expiry on the cards. The cashier pointed saying it says that on the back of the card. That’s when I decided that I won’t shop at Sears anymore.

It doesn’t matter. It is my money. I was given to use at the store. I was also told that since 2007 you can’t have an expiry date on these cards. I am going to look into this more and might have to sue them NOT for $140 but to prove a point.

I have been telling everyone and will keep on posting all over the internet that DON’T BUY AT SEARS.

I have a proof that they stole my money.

******************************DON’T SHOP AT SEARS*********************************

Dear Dear Valued Sears Customer,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred in getting you properly credited for your online purchase. This is certainly not how Sears does business and you should not have had to wait over a month for your refund. We would very much like to help and make sure that you receive any money you are due.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team which is a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (online customer) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (online order) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

@Sears Response

I orderd a product, order was cancelled by sears within an hour saying it was out of stock. I paid using a DEBIT card, no refund has been posted to my account.

Sears say they see NO charge, but I see the charge on my card,already disputed with bank but takes 14 days.

HELP ME! I have already faxes my statement over two times, not getting anywhere, They are illegally keeping my money.

View more comments (3)
Review

Sears review in Los Angeles, California: Worst Repair Service Department Ever!!!!

I called for an appointment. Customer service gave a ridiculous FOUR hour window ! So we waited......but the repairman DID NOT came and went without calling or leaving a message on our home phone. I called the service center. The first service agent said they would have the repairman to call us. TWO hours later, I called again for status and the second service agent said that the repairman call us in 30 minutes. ONE hour later, I called again and was told he has gone home without calling us! Three calls, 7 hours wasted! Wasted my time...Call someone else!!!!!

To Sears Repair Customer,

My name is James H. and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the following as your screen name (Worst Repair Service Department Ever)for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Sears Repair

Sears did not deliver after making us wait 1 month

We ordered a garden tractor at Sears' website when we received an email ad for garden tractors. We submitted the order, received our confirmation, then the next day received a delivery date - one month after the date of the order. We weren't happy about the wait, but Sears has always been reliable for us, so we thought we would stick with the order. In the meantime, we frequently checked our order status online. There was no indication that anything was wrong with the order, and the delivery date still showed. Now, a month later, no delivery on the date they gave us. When I called, customer service said the order was cancelled the day after we placed it - the same day they called to give us our delivery date! No one ever called or emailed us to tell us the order was cancelled, and there is STILL nothing on the website that says the order was cancelled. The order is still there, with nothing about status whatsoever. Sears has gone downhill!!!!!!!!! I've bought every kind of appliance from Sears for 30 years, and never had this kind of thing happen. I can guarantee that I will never buy another thing from Sears! I don't know what is happening, but I hope upper management and the Board of Directors are aware of how many very pissed off customers Sears is making these days. Sears, you just lost a 30-year customer.

Dear Cbgep,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. I am truly sorry that your online experience did not go as expected. We would like to see how we can help with this unfortunate situation and get your issue resolved. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tractor was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cbgep) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

Sears Delivery Service

SEARS is HORRIBLE.

I was a long time customer of Sears. I have purchased washers, dryers, tv's, ride lawn tractors, etc. Never have I been so frustrated/angry with a business as I am with Sears. Never have I even posted complaints/reviews online, however it is my goal to post as many bad reviews as possible due to the absolute lack of customer service that Sears provides. However there are so many posted already I am guessing it will not do much good. I purchased approximately $3,000 of appliances from the Sears store in Prince Frederick, MD. A dishwasher, refrigerator, range, and range hood. The experience at the store was fine, except the computers were down so it took forever to complete the transaction because the sales rep, Brandon had to call the California, MD store to purchase all of my items. I was told my items would be delivered April 7. I received a call on Apr. 6 saying my delivery was scheduled for Apr. 7. I spent all night emptying the dishwasher and refrigerator. When the delivery arrived I received a range hood and that is it. I was told to call the store for details. I spoke with Shay at the Prince Frederick store. He had no idea what happened but said he could have it delivered on the 19th. I told him that was unacceptable since I had wasted all that time emptying my refrigerator and freezer and my refrigerator was leaking. To wait 2 more weeks was unacceptable. I called the 1-800 # and they also could not explain what happened. Absolutely no idea why my items were not received. I called the store again and told Shay I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he would talk to him and call me back. He called me the following day and said he had Vicki reinput my entire order and they could have it to me on the 12th. I asked several times how I could be guaranteed that the appliances would actually be delivered this time. Shay said he can't imagine it wouldn't. I never received a call on the 11th about the delivery scheduled for the 12th. I took another day off on the 12th and a delivery never came. I called the 1-800 # and spoke to a man who acted like I was nuts. He kept repeating that my order that was scheduled for the 19th was cancelled as if I cancelled it. I kept explaining what had happened. He said there was no delivery scheduled for the 12th or 19th. I called the Prince Frederick store and demanded to speak to a manager. Sean said there was no manager there, and I could call back in the morning. He also had no idea what happened to my order. I called the 1-800# yet again and demanded a manager. It took 20 minutes of explaining the story again to get to speak to a manager. The manager by the name of James said he would call the store and call me back. He never called back, and when I called back they would not let me speak to him. Finally on the following day I talked to Yvonne a manager at the California, MD store. She discovered that since the range was not available they delayed the entire delivery. At least she could explain what happened. She did not know why no one notified me. She said the items would be delivered May 3. I told her that was unacceptable. She offered me 10% off and said she could get it to me on the 23rd. I said no thanks and asked for a refund. She did issue my refund. So after placing an order at the end of March, I was having to start my search over almost 3 weeks later. Finally I would like to tell you that I went to HH Gregg on Tuesday, April 12 and had every single appliance delivered and installed at 7 a.m. on the 13th. Wow what a difference. The amount of time I have wasted on the phone, days off of work, kitchen a mess, and total lack of customer service is astonishing. I will be telling everyone I know to never, ever use Sears again.

Dear Lcmani52:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Lcmani52) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Delivery Service

Sears will not reply to service call

Have been calling Sears Parts and Service since April 8th, 2011, to service my Range. I keep on getting same answer, " some one will be calling you within 48 hours to set up a service appointment." Well we are now on April 21, 48 hours have long gone! I have phoned numerous times since and still no response. I thought I might have some luck calling the Sears Feedback Number. Wrong! The number is continually busy. I think they may have left the phone off the hook. Would I buy another appliance from Sears? "NO" I'm, sure I can find another store who wants my money more! Sears doesn't seem to need it.

Dear AngryBaba,

We found this post and I wanted to reach out and apologize for the difficulty and frustration you have been going through trying to get service for your range. Sears works very hard to service our customers quickly and efficiently but in this case it sounds like we have definitely let you down. My name is Greg and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can assist you in getting your range repaired. In the email, please provide a contact phone and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (AngryBaba) you used to post on this site for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Greg G.