Filter by rating
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears Warranty - they're not honoring it

I usually don't waste my time complaining. But this is really outrageously bad service, from everyone involved. Repeated repair attempts. Inept technicians. Technicians who don't show up. Customer service people who stone-wall us and are really unhelpful, refusing to do anything to ameliorate the problem. Four technician visits in a month to attempt to repair our dishwasher. It's still broken. They made mistakes and omissions every single time. They didn't do one thing right!!! We bought the protection plan, and are not being protected. They also conveniently lose records when it's in their interest. Do Not Buy From Sears!!! and if you do, know that their warranties are worthless.

Load it up and take it back. After a similar experience with our treadmill we took it back.

First, they couldn't find our paid extended warranty even when I provided them with a copy of the receipt. Next, they couldn't get someone out to look at it in our area.

After 3 weeks of a broken treadmill, I had my friends help me load it and return it.

Haven't shopped there since!

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Sears Su...

I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your dishwasher. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Sears Su...) for reference to your issue.

Susan R.

View more comments (1)
Product
Sears Protection Plan

Sears punked me

Recently, I had a dream. It was a dream to replace my old stove with a brand new ceramic top electric range. After shopping around one weekend, I decided to make my purchase at Sears Home & Appliance in Windsor Ontario. I almost purchased a range at a competitor in the same plaza, but was lured into buying my stove from Sears with the promise of a product price match plus an additional 10% off the sale price, kind of. I was told that even though they did not have the model I wanted in stock, they could get it for me. Come time to ring up my purchase, and i realize that the 10% off is 10% off the price difference, which amounted to about 20 bucks. Fine, whatever, it's still 20 dollars more I have in my pocket at the end of the day. I was content with my purchase, thinking I was a smart consumer for shopping around. I felt good about myself. Fast forward 1 week later to Saturday afternoon. Delivery truck shows up. Stove comes off the truck, and upon first inspection, everything looks great. I open the oven door, only to find out it is a different model then I ordered. The delivery guys tell me to take it for now, and they will swap it out later for the right one. I called Sears to explain what happened, they tell me there going to look into it. They tell me that they will call me back before the end of the day. So 5 minutes before they are about to close I pick up the phone and give them a call. The proceed to tell me that the model I wanted was exclusive to the competitors store, and will I take 50 bucks to keep a model that I didn't even order. I guess i am a little high maintenance when it comes to actually receiving what I paid for, because the 50 dollars in hush money didn't fly with me. When I was adamant about receiving the model the assured me they could get, the said it would cost me an extra $100. I lost my composure, respectfully. The next day I trekked down to Sears to deal with them in person. I wanted to speak to the manager. The manager did not want to deal with me, so as he hid in his office, he got the sales manager to speak with me. They end up telling me that they can get that model after all, and that I would receive it for the original negotiated price. For the mean time, I was told to continue using the wrong model until the new one arrived. I had to end up calling them up a week later to ask when I would be receiving the new stove, to which they replied " oh, ya, when do you want us to drop that off for you?" They did not process the new order until I called them up to inquire. When they did process the new order, they put a second charge on my credit card for the stove i had yet to receive. They told me It would be an additional week before I would get it delivered. Finally the stove i ordered is getting delivered 3 weeks later, and I can put this little mishap behind me. So once again, a Saturday afternoon spent waiting at home, the delivery guys show up. Before they even pull it off the truck, they tell me that there's something I might want to take a look at. This time, the stove is damaged, significantly. The corner of the bottom storage drawer is smashed in. I refuse the delivery and send them on there way. After a pleasant, calm, relaxing phone conversation with Sears costumer service,it was decided that they would try bringing me the stove I ordered so long ago, one more time. Its got to work out eventually, right?!?!? Laws of average ?! Two weeks later, it's redemption day. Delivery driver guys are going to show up with my brand spanking new, stainless steel, ceramic top electric range. I cant' wait! I mean, I already have for about a month now, but there going to get it right this time. Delivery guys show up, I let them know right off the hop, that damaged or not, i am swapping out stoves so I can at least get one of them off my credit card. As i am pulling my door off the hinges for the third time, he come up to me and once again tells me that I should really take a look at this before they pull it off the truck. I tell him that I know he's joking with me, (it was the same guys as last time) and ha ha and all that funny stuff. Nope. No Joke. The bottom of the stove looked like it fell off a 2 story balcony. How it even got loaded on there truck I will never know. I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out from the front cab of the truck, with his camera crew, notifying me that I was somehow worthy of being "punked" , and here is my real stove plus I will be on TV. No Ashton, no camera crew, just a punk standing in the road with smashed up electric range. Needless to say, I went to Sears that afternoon and told them to get there stove out of my house, and give me all my money back. They came and picked up there other stove asap. They have yet to remove the charges from my credit card. This was by far the most horrible retail customer service experience I have ever had to date.

SEARS CHARGED ME FOR SOMTHING THAT THEY NEVER DELIVERED TO MY HOME AND I CAN NOT GET THAT CHARGE OF MY BILL. I'VE BEEN CALLING AND TALKING TO COSTUMER SERVICE.

DOES NOT WORK NOW 4 MONTHS IS PASED I STILL HAVE THE CHARGE ON MY BILL .

DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SEARS.COM

my mother went to sears auto because tire was thumping they sold her everything they could except a tire which had a broken steel belt when she told me it was still doing the same thing i went back with car and told them to check the tire which by the way they said they balanced the tires i wathed them try to balance it it was egg shape so they replaced tire then i told the manager we were even because you sold her things she didn,t need or put back parts you needlessly replaced he said they don,t have them so i said then the tire is mine he said if i leave he,ll call police i said goahead i,ll wait finally he said just go because i started telling all the people in the store why i was there some people left i guess he was afraid all his customers would leave

I gave dealt with sears too over a stove , not happy either. The stove was damaged when it was supposed to be new.

I returned without hassle but it was a great waste of my time and gas and energy.

Shopping else where from now on. !

:eek I shop the Sears Outlet store near my home. The prices are considerably less & most appliances have only minor blemishes.

The selection is much wider and the full original manufacturer's warranty is given on your purchases.

My guess is that the Sears folks have been pulling scratch & dents that match your order to avoid losing $ on the deal you made. Some buyers often aren't that picky & if you don't make a fuss, they unload damaged goods on you.

View more comments (3)
Sears Delivery Service
Loss
Went in to Steubenville Sears last weekend and all items rang up higher than marked. Cashier was so nice. She called her manager Chris Miller who is very young & so heavy his stomach rested on his thighes. He was so tired from the little bit of walking he could not...

Unless you are of color Stephanie Barcus treats you like ***. She had her token cracker friends big Laci Salero but she got hired to clean up after old people

View more comments
With Official Company Response

Sears in Pearl River, New York - Uncalled for

Hello, today I was shopping at your Sears store located in Jersey City New Jersey. I was looking to purchase impact screwdriver bits and possible bit sets. I had a female associate assisting me since the store had many selections. As I was asking the female associate questions about the products available in the store and the store manager...James Kiernan walked over and made a rude a vulgar statement towards me. He said that "I shouldn't be talking to her because they are in the middle of inventory recounts." Off all the years that I have shopped AND worked in a retail environment I have never heard such a statement directed towards a customer. It was very condescending, unprofessional, embarrassing and uncalled for. To compound the matter even further another associate had over heard the comment and I felt embarrassed. Now I don't want a gift card..a discount coupon..or any other type of compensation. What I want is an apology for the remark and action taken against the store manager...James Kiernan. Rest assured that I will not be shopping at that location anymore and I will be letting this negative experience be known on every major social network that there is.

I have previously have worked for sears and "jim" or whatever you call that rude individual. He does not know how to deal with customers nor does he know how to interact with his employees.

He has forced 3 big managers out to quit early and many of employees in less than his 6 months of being the new store manager. He started to pull my hours manually and then lied to my face about it. He denied me to switch my department more than once with no explanation to managers and kept me in my department to keep getting no hours and to so he could pull my hours manually because he bullied my manager to resign because of his female ways.

Other employees feel this way but don't wish to say anything because he stifles them. PLEASE CHECK ON SEARS IN CROSS COUNTY!

@Jose

I know exactly what you mean! I work for the same store.

This man is a total ***. He treats the employees like *** including myself. He relise on ljse and favortism to run his store.

He won't last long at this store. Those other managers that kiss his *** will soon throw him right under the bus.

Susan...you're a ***. Did you notice that you copied DIanne's letter also?

Did you even proof read? This complaint wasn't about a stove! hahaha Even their customer care department can't get it right.

Glad I gave up shopping at Sears many years ago.

you care so much that you didnt even bother to noticed you copy and pasted twice lol what a joke

SearsCares
Sears Response

Tuscanidan,

I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your recent trip to Sears. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your stove. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your stove. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Tuscanidan ) for reference to your issue.

Susan R.

View more comments (4)

Sears in Vernon, New Jersey - 3 wrong deliveries

ordered a new c1500 treadmill.Saturday the truck arrives with a used beat up carton wrapped with tape, treadmill.name on the carton was not mine. called customer service and was told they would deliver my new treadmill Sunday. Sunday the truck arrives and on the truck is the same treadmill as Saturday. customer service tells me they are very sorry and will deliver my new treadmill next Saturday. Saturday comes and you guessed it, a beat up cartons with someone else's name. to make matter worse there are 3 other brand new treadmills for other customers. i am now told they will deliver Wednesday at 6pm when i arrive home from work. get a call Tuesday and the delivery time is 11am. they denied the 6 pm delivery.
Sears Delivery Service
Loss

Sears can't deliver a working range.

We purchased a Jenn-Aire range to replace a dead one on 12/26/10. It took a MONTH to get it. Within minutes of installation, we noticed a small problem - the oven light didn't work. We called the installers who had JUST left and were told that it was OUR problem. Called Sears, was told it was likely a bulb and they would send us a new bulb, which they did. The new bulb was approximately 1.3 the size of the original bulb and a different wattage. More phone calls, and eventually a whole new bulb housing was sent. Hubby decided that replacing that was a bigger job than he was up for, so we called Sears again to get a technician out to do the work. Soonest they could help: another MONTH. Shortly thereafter, we noticed that the oven did not cook things well, and discovered that the oven door did not close completely. Called Sears to report that, and as we had a technician coming out anyway, decided that the technician could fix that at the same time. Mid-February, we get our technician who asked if we bought the range new. "Of course we did!" "Well, it looks like it's seen a lot of abuse. Looks like a floor model". Bottom line: door unfixable, electrical system screwed up. Called Sears to get a replacement. Time to get replacement: another MONTH. Yesterday (March 21) the new range was to be installed. Hubby stayed home to await it, got a call that it "wasn't in" but would be installed the following day. I called Sears and found that they sent it to a store about an hour from our home, and was told that they would call the installers so they knew where to get it so that it cold be installed today (March 22). Earlier today, was informed that the range had been sent to a store about 3 hours from our home, and the installation was scheduled for March 28. This is when I pulled the plug on Sears. I called my credit card company to reverse the charges, which they did. Sears is trying to get the installer to come un-install the piece of garbage in my kitchen. I have ordered the same appliance from another store, and they will install it in a week. I will shop again at Sears when pigs fly and *** freezes over, simultaneously.

Dianne, I have been around and around with "escalation" and "customer solutions" who are full of apologies, but short on actual solutions. I have talked to Sharon, Cassandra, Hector, and others, and everyone promises that things will be taken care of, but things never are.

Three months without a working oven is enough. I am through with Sears.

Sears USED to be known for customer service and reliability, but that is clearly no longer the case. I'm not alone in this assessment.

I an due to have the EXACT SAME MODEL RANGE installed on Tuesday by another dealer, for the same price. Why can they get the range in a week, when it takes you a month?

To Freyja,

I’m terribly sorry for any trouble, inconvenience and frustration you have endured regarding your stove. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed you. My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues with Sears Corporate which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Freyja) for reference to your issue. Our Senior Case Manager Gerald has been assigned to your case and is looking forward to talking to you soon.

Social Media Support Team

View more comments (1)
Sears Installation
Loss

Sears and broken washing machines.

Our gas dryer died after 16 years of use. Definatly got our moneys worth there. Went to Sears, as we have for over 30 years to check out their dryers. Wife found a dryer she liked, and that thw washer was very long in the tooth as well, she decided to buy the set. A LG WT5001CW and a DLG5002W She told the Salesman that she would buy them on the spot if they were delivered by Saturday (this was a Sunday). He agreed and we spent over $1800 for the set. Thursday rolls around and "I" look at the reciept and it has delivery for the following Saturday. She calls and complains to the salesman, he gets delivery set up for the correct Saturday. Saturday comes and she is all excited about her 2 new machines, I pulled out the old appliances so they were ready for take-away. They came Saturday afternoon and put in the Washer, as I told them that I would set them up, they set the Washer up for the Wife anyway. They started it up empty so it would run thru it's preliminary wash cycle with no clothes in the machine.she went and talked to the neighbor next door for about 3 min, came back and there was water running all over the floor. Water *** out of the Bleach Dispenser. She called the installers back, they came right back and could not believe it. The Installers tried getting ahold of the Tec department 3 times, but kept getting the calls dropped. Finally they talked to the dispatcher, who put my Wife on, who assured her that a repairman would be out first thing Monday Morningby noon. She took off work, and noon came and went, no call, no repairman. She called the 1-800 number again and they told her that the repairman was schedualed for the following monday. What the Hades are we supposed to do with a broken washer for 2 weeks ? Not do laundry? They would not send anyone out until the following week, so she got mad and told Sears to just replace the washer, as she did not want the broken one. They told her that they would not have a replacement washer for another two weeks.She called customer service and complained. Around 1:30, Customer Service called back and told her that she Overfilled the Washer with clothes. Hello Nitwit Tecs, there WERE no clothes in the washer when it started *** out water. Then "I" got involved. I showed the Wife the Sunday Ads and they had the exact same washer on sale at 3 different Stores, and for $70 less! We Went to Conn's and bought another one, Next day delivery and the Wife called back Sears and told them to come get the thing, as we did not want it anymore and would return it. Took her almost a half hour to get it returned by phone with Sears and they will pick it up next Saturday. What the Hades happened to Sears? It was never like this in the old days, and I have never been put thru so much Horse Hockey as this with a major appliance as Sears put us thru. So much for going back to Sears for anything but Craftsman tools from now on. They have sucessfuly lost another customer with their "Can't Do Anything"olicys.
Sears Replacement

Sears in Monticello, Illinois - Kenmore Elite HE5=Big P.O.S

After researching places like Consumer's Report, we purchased the Kenmore Elite(what a joke just in the name!) HE5 front load washer and dryer,HE falsely implying high efficiency. This has been the biggest waste of many! They lured us in with the claim of "70% less water consumption" the was BS, we have yet,18months later,to see a drop in the amount of water used, and I would argue the "high efficiency" claim with , if you have to run the dryer 2-3 times as long as the perfectly good 10yr dryer it replaced, then how exactly is it efficient?? We were also ***,smart ,not sure which yet, to purchase the extended warranty-smart because we have had to have them here 8-10 times to fix the worthless dryer,replacing one part after another..they have replaced the same part 5 times..the warranty says the dryer should be replaced if the same part has been replaced >4times....big BS lie, they are now refusing to replace the dryer because it cheaper to keep replacing the part" well so much for that $300 worthless warranty! I'd like to know how they can get away with this! They will not replace the dryer, but they sure as *** didn't have a problem taking our money and making false claims about the P.O. S products they sell.what a disappointment Sears! And Consumer reports who recommended this ***
Sears Claim

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Will not show up to fix dryer

Spent $1000 on dyer paid for extra coverage,but they just don't have time to come fix.All they have to say is I am sorry.Didn't pay that much to have to take my clothes somewhere and pay to dry them!!!!They have changed time,ever couple of days,This time it will be ANOTHER MONTHIt seems that you would want to keep people coming back to buy more.GUESS NOTMaybe they have enough money don't need anymore,but there are other places to buy what I need,and thats where I'll be shopping,NOT AT SEARS

Dear Mr. William mad,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dryer. I can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. My name is Dianne and I work for the Sears Cares Team. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (William mad) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Review
I purchase a Kenmore Elite White Electric Slide-in Range, the ceramic cook top gets discolored from the underside and never should, now it has black rings showing through a white glass cook top and looks awful. I had it replaced once for Warranty and it discolored...

To Mr. Ray Kluglein,

We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with your cook top. We can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you. We would l appreciate the opportunity to speak to you. My name is Dianne and I work for the Sears Cares Team. We are a single point of contact for problem resolution within Sears Corporate. One of our dedicated and personal case managers would oversee your case from start to finish. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Ray Kluglein) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.