Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments.

I bought a fridge from Sears. When it was time to deliver, they did not show up. They did this four times and all they can say is "We are sorry for the inconvenience. The last time I was so angry they promised they will send me a $50 gift card for my inconvenience. I have yet to see this gift card. Three separate times I was inconvenience. Now something is wrong with the refrigerator and they are not making their scheduled appointments for repairs and not calling to inform me they are not coming. I have another appointment today (my third). Sears does not respect people time nor are they courteous.

I did receive a $50 gift card from Sears Delivery but when I went to use it I was told it had a balance of zero. Numerous calls by me and by Sears associates at my local Sears resulted in being transferred to a number and the phone disconnecting.

I'm extremely dissappointed to read other complaints.

Apparently this is a standard of practice for Sears. To date, 5/14/2011 the issue has not been resolved.

Sears Response

Dear Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Sears do not make scheduled repair appointments) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Repair

Sears review in San Juan, San Juan Municipio: It Is a shame

Sear promise to deliver a cook top on the 18 of april 2011. Now they said it may arrive on the 25 of april2011. We live in Puerto Rico an I know the ship arrived on the 4/18/11. so it will take 7 days for the triler to arrive after traveling 12 mile from the dock to the warehouse. It is a shame. Sear good company for what??? it seems that he employes on the warehouse do not care about providing a good service. It look like there are no supervisor in the warehouse or were are they?

Truth about puertorico customers is simple sears does not care they are understaffed at the call center in puertorico and they can care less for the customers in puertorico WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER all they will do is keep transferring you to a 7877714216 number that never picks up or they place you on the line to opera music then the line disconnects

Dear Sears’ customer,

I want to apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with the delivery of your cooktop. I can see how frustrating this delay must be for you and your family and we would like to assist you in whatever way possible to ensure you receive your cooktop.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (cooktop delivery), so that we can quickly access your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.

Sears Home Services botched roofing specialists

Sears Home Services, formerly Home Central, botched roofing specialists, is their new name. The same crowd who botched up my roofing, with the same lousy attitude. They can change the name but until they improve their performance and make good on the mess they made at my home, I still see them as a bunch of crooks. I made up a little video about that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUdIy31Bzs Here is the original which shows what they did to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBJYlTPIsY and the update to that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawPUUCukfc

Author

sears home services salesmen misleads u in their roof sales presentation. contract is done on a cd for your computer.mine malfuctioned making it unable for u to read your contract. also making it to late to cancel in 3 days notice. now u are in a binding contract. sears did not mention fine print in their contract or fine print of manufactures material being used.mfg.only guarantees u a good roof shingle. if installed not to mfg.specs. like mine an most likely all roofs. mfg.voids their product warranty .salesmen does not tell u that.

my roof was installed by their sub contractor an failed county code inspection 3 times.sears management ignored me on installation issues after multiple phone calls.managed to contact a state senator about my problem. only after that did sears respond. they had to remove a brand new shingled roof do to improper installation . i documented the complete installation of the roof .also did the same the second time.pictures of shingle nailing.sheathing drip edge ridge vents also video. pictures dont lie.new contractor for second reshingle tried to scam me on plywood that was to be repaired caught him with pics. roof is installed just as bad as first time.if not worse.passed code inspection.they are unable to see how shingles are nailed after the sun beats on them. code does not care about shoddy workmenship code is immune from prosecution. .both contractors did damage to my ceilings.both say it was not their men. contractor says men were not in attic they were in there to remove nails that miss trusses.i have video of them coming out of attic. in my opinion how can u trust a company that hires contractors that lies an are unable to install a roof to code an mfg.spec. SEARS u are the most shameful misleading co. Florida residents if u have to have a roof done avoid the SEARS

To Larry--- Good gawd, that is unbelievable. They do not deserve to stay in business.

!

For the record, Sears flatly refuse to make good on anything.

About Sears Cares....forget it. Sears does NOT give a *** about their customers after they have their money

Reply to t: They still refuse to accept any responsibility. So I'm doing my best to let everybody know how this bunch operate.

People need to know about this cr*p. Send the link to my video to everybody you can and, above all, for your own good, STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!

I would like to know the out come here.

Note to self--- Do not shop at Sears :eek

Dear Evyb:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Evyb) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (7)

Sears Corporation

Dear Sears Corporation: We ordered a washer and dryer from you almost 3 weeks ago. The sales guy put our delivery off 2 weeks without much reason why, saying it would take that long to get the washer. The day before we were supposed to get them delivered (2 weeks later) the warehouse called us and said we would be getting our dryer in the morning. Confused we asked about the washer was and we were told that they never ordered it... Upon hearing this we went in the next day to figure it out. Come to find out that they since discontinued that washer, they said that the best that they could do for us was sell us the floor model for 10% off, which I think is unacceptable, it was not in perfect condition. It was dirty and scratched up, but we decided to take it because we didn't think we had any other options, and they promised us that when it was delivered it would look new. They said they would clean it and touch up the scratches with paint. We were excited again to get it, really happy to have figured it out since our washer and dryer had been broken for 2 weeks and we have dirty laundry everywhere. We have been hand washing and laying out to dry the important clothes since we figured it would only be 2 weeks. So then they called this morning to say they were delivering our washer today...no dryer. Which was very frustrating because our sales guy promised that everything was handled this time. They told me they were going to have to reschedule our delivery. So after sitting on hold and arguing with them they finally got my dryer on that shipment to be delivered today. Then when they got here and the washer is filthy, covered with tape and dust and the scratch they said they would touch up with paint they didn't...then they were supposed to haul away the old ones, but had no room in their truck so they are now sitting in our driveway... I am very disappointed in the condition of our washer and the customer service we have received from Sears and annoyed with the fact that on our first home purchase in our adult lives we splurged on a nice set and it looks the way it does and were treated poorly. We are living in an outdated house and in the future will be needing all new appliances, and I just don't know how we could possibly go to Sears again because of the terrible service we received. I know that a $900 set is not the biggest sale that our salesman could have gotten that day, but he handled it as though we didn't matter and that we should just be okay with simply adequate service because we were getting a deal on the set. $900 is a ton of money to us even if it isn't to him or you. It is a paycheck and a half for our household, so we would expect better from Sears. I am so sad that what I was excited about 2 weeks ago is not making me regret our whole decision…we should have just bought a used set, which is what we would have done had we known that we were going to have to deal with all of this. Aren't you supposed to be excited about a big new purchase? Especially your first one as a married couple? I am so disappointed with everything; thinking about it brings me to tears. Sincerely, Rebecca and Brian Johnston

Dear Rebecca:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Rebecca Johnston) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Delivery Service

Sears Appliance Repair Appointments

What a disaster! DO NOT BUY A SEARS APPLIANCE. Their service scheduling really stinks! Took 6 weeks to fix my dryer, which broke again. They are always trying to schedule appts 2 weeks out....how ridiculous! I had to call the Sears store I bought all the appliances from and threaten to personally return them to the managers office before anyone would look at a reasonable repair window...( I consider 7 days reasonable enough), Once the manager was involved, things got somewhat better, but only for that one appointment. Now my dishwasher and range are not working!!! I will never, ever buy another Sears product, which is sad....I have had countless Sears appliances over the last 25 years.......but this new batch of 4 SUCK....Dishwasher,Dryer,Washer and Gas Range all out out of service with weeks of being used the first time.

Dear Bethiebabe,

I’m so very sorry that you’ve had these problems with your refrigerator. You should not have encountered such long delays in getting service out to you. I can certainly see how frustrating these service issues must be for you and your family and we would like to assist you in whatever way possible to ensure you receive quick and professional service from Sears.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can make sure all your appliances are working as soon as possible. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (evy2) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread need assistance with a Sears’ related issue we want to hear from you as well. Please do email us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

Laura D.

Sears review in Havertown, Pennsylvania: Sear account mix up

sear is sending me someone elses account info as if i am the person who made a purchase or wants to make a purchase. good thing im me OR AM I. this is happining via yahoo mail.already contacted them, no reply the emails just keep comming.ther acually tell me what kind of water she drinks ,bathroom accessaries, clothes,im starting to think im her. hope this mater gets cleared up cause im wondering how long i can refrain from purchasing that beautiful tv ive been looking at or that lawn tractor i always wanted. justy kidding or am i.
Review

Sears review in Hammonton, New Jersey: Never received shoes ordered one month ago

Sears did not have a pair of shoes in my size so the employee tookk me to a computer in the store ordererd them and gave me a card to pay at the register. She explained that they would be delieverd to my home. After not receiving the item for two weeks i called customer service and they gave me the run around. They said they would contact ups and send me an email after they sent me an email that it shipped. I waited a few more days still no email so i contacted ups and they said they never received the item nor did sears contact them! So once again I contacted Sears and they said to give them 48 hours and they would escalate the issue. Well after 48 hours they asked for 5 business days and refused to give me a refund because they claimed the item shipped! So I generously gave them more time and after 5 business days i received an email stating that they need 5 business days to research the item and then they would either give me a refund or ship the item if it was still available. Now im ticked off and let them have it they told me I could go in the store and get a refund since the store is a half hour away i decided to call and make sure this was true and the person who answered the phone maid me wait ten minutes came back on tolde me the manager was in a meeting and wanted to know the name of the associate who ordered the shoes in the store for me because she said they did not want me to drive there and not be able to get my refund so now I am waiting for the manager to call me back!
Review
I responded to an add for Sears to clean the carpets in my home. The ad was for 3 rooms and a free hallway for $99.00. I sent in my information via email. When I got a confirmation, the price had gone up $15 for service fee. OK, I was a little annoyed but I ignored...
Sears Cleaning Service

Seeking Sears refund 4 10 weeks now

Bought a washing machine for new apt to be delivered on moving day. Apartment wasn't ready on moving day so couldn't take delivery; called Sears. Efforts to cancel delivery were stonewalled. Things got so bad my daughter was on the phone trying to cancel, I was on internet and phone trying to cancel, all 3 efforts given different information. Hours after delivery time I discovered they had canceled my entire order -- washing machine and delivery. After days of being told I'd get credit for machine but not delivery charge, Sears backtracked and claimed they couldn't credit my 'type' of debit card, would credit for delivery charge and told me they'd sent a check (without informing check had been cut). Waited 10 days, called after not receiving check, requested they try crediting debit card again. Check arrived, I tried to cash it -- GOT CHARGED $15 FROM BANK SINCE SEARS PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON IT WITHOUT INFORMING ME OF STOP. 2 more weeks of calls got me promises from Sears to 'look into it' and 'get back to me.' Now I'm told there is a 1) check in the mail for total charge including delivery 2) 10% discount on next purchase 3) $15 gift certificate to cover bank charge. This is the best I'm going to get from Sears. I'll give them an A+ in three areas: empty apologies, empty promises and successful hangups from call center employees with undecipherable accents.

Mr. Kennedy,

I'm sorry that one of our store associates mistakenly overcharged your card. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager who can assist in making sure this situation is resolved to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (TYLER KENNEDY) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Brian H.

Sears Social Media Support

I Purchased 4 tires from sears. I wanted to pay $600 on my debit card and pay the remaining amount of $567 on my sears card.

The clerk Put the total charge of $1100 on my debit card and said "OOPS". I asked him "OOPS"? he said yeah it all went on your debit card. I told him to cancel the charge and he said that it had been canceled.

So he ran my card again and charged $600 to it and $567 to my sears card. Figuring that was taken care of the next day I checked my account ballance and it was 1100 dollars less than it should have been. They billed me twice for my purchase. I contacted every manager and customer service person that I could find.

I got the run around from all of them and transfered 20 times. I have not seen any refund yet. I am supposed to be hearing from the district magager for my area with in "48 business hours". We will see what he has to say.

I will be paying off my sears card and canceling the card as soon as i get my credit. I highly reccomend every other sears card holder do the same!!

save your self the trouble! I would not wish this companys poor customer service upon my worst enemy.

Sears review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Horrible Ordering Process

Looked online for a camera & found availability at a local store. I called that store (didnt know I was routed to a Sales Center). - Bought camera by telephone (credit card charged) - Went to store (could not pick up item because they didnt have my info - 4 hours after purchase) - Sears Solution: Cancel order & purchase directly in store (they don't tell you, you have to wait 3-5 days to get your money back) So you take my money & cannot pick up the product, then can't give me my money back. I've been a Process Improvement Manager for 20years (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt) - - Please hire me so i can fire the idiots who put this process together!!!
Sears Manager