Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears has zero customer service

Do NOT purchase a Sears appliance or extended service warranty, it is not worth the paper its printed on.. We have a piece of garbge washer that has been nothing but trouble since day 1. Leaks ( upstairs laundry ) cycles dont work right. Sears has replaced multiple parts, multiple times ( after waiting a month for a service tech to show up , if at all) and refuses to replace this lemon no matter what. Filed a complaint with the BBB and contacted local media to investigate.. Stay away from Sears! Go to any other store , like Home Depot or Lowes. This review written much is nicer then it should be.
Loss

Sears delivery and installation dept are full of liars

sears is full of ***.  my second major purchase from Sears in the past year and they FAIL to deliver without even giving me a call.  they should fire EVERYONE in delivery AND installation.   Once I track them down they tell me they will call me back in 15 minutes.  what a crock of ***!!!!!!  In two days of me calling and tracking the dispatch petson tells me the installers told them that were not getting paid enough and refused to do the work. bottom line.... Sears is full of employees and contractors without an ounce of integrity. my last experience was also a no show even after they called to confirm!

I agree 100%. Sears completely missed an installation appointment to install a new dishwasher - not only no show but no call.

When you call "customer service" to report it they don't believe you - "are you sure you didn't hear the pnone ring!!!!" Then they reschedule and show up without the dishwasher. I remember when Sears was a fine company which shows my long-term memory must be good.

Absolute dead-on accurate opinion. I have been trying to get a gazebo installed since last August.

It's been scheduled 4 times and they have blown it every time. I called on a Tuesday to verify an install on Sat. Was assured that every thing was set. Sure enough cone Sat.

They can't find any record of installation request.

As the previous person experienced the contractor Nd sears were arguing over the phone about rates and codes, while I Am on the phone with them!

. Sears is out of control and dishonest with customers.

Still haven't received the phone call I was guaranteed would happen.

Your are right = the installation department at SEARS is the worst- After several letters/complaints etc. about poor install on my wall oven I got approval to hire my own person and they reimbursed me.

This was done through their social media complaint department.

With all the people out of work you would think they might care about their jobs. Go figure.

Sears Installation

Sears in Rochester, New Hampshire - Poor/Non-Existant Customer Service

Impossible to write all that has happened to me in just 100 words. Surfice it to say that Sears does not stand by it's products unless you are willing to purchase a maintenance agreement from them. I purchased an exercise bike from Sears in December of 2010 that has never worked and after fighting to have them replace/repair it over a 2 month period, I am now demanding that they come get it and refund me my money. They will be picking it up on March 6th 2011. All I've done for 2-1/2 months is make calls trying to get them to either repair or replace the bike! I'm done and will never purchase another non-consumable product from Sears. They do not care about their customers anymore!!!

How about this...? Bought elliptical from Sears on 2/5/11.

Paid for non-refundable delivery $69.99, also bought 3 yr ext. warranty plan $184.99. Delivered to my home on 2/11/11...I assemble it and realize parts are missing. Call and tech comes out a week later.

A week of workout time missed. Tech brings parts and wallah I can start exercising now right? Wrong, machine wobbled something awful and kept a noise so loud my wife & son wouldn't have been able to sleep....neighbors too possibly. Calls Sears and asked about their pickup policy as I decided I didn't want this machine anymore.

They told me they'd pick it up and that I DID NOT need to disassemble it. Pickup crew arrives a couple days later, looks at machine and decides they could not move it. Called up Home Delivery and then they tell me I have to disassemble it and they'd have to come back another day. Found this to be unacceptable and drove out to the Sears to speak with a manager.

She tried helping but there was not much she could do. Went back home disassembled it and scheduled another pick up. They take it this time and now I have to wait for a refund of my money within 3 - 5 business days. If I do not get a full refund after all of this drama I will be sure to report Sears to the BBB, the Maryland State Attorney General, and any media outlet that will report on this.

Citizens should not have to deal with this level of unorgaznied interaction.

I even asked for some paperwork that would outline the provisions they claim are set in stone and of course they couldn't produce anything. I will follow-up soon on this.

Sears in Orlando, Florida - So frustated I could cry

I know posting will not resolve my issue but hopefully it will help someone not to buy from Sears or the extended warranty. I bought a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer (not cheap by the way) and the master protection warranty for five years also not cheap. The warranty states that there is lemon protection which are so many loop holes that I see how that is beneficial. I have had issuses with my dryer two times this year and I have had issues with the washer twice this year. My frustation with dealing scheduling a repair (which is not convient with there time windows) any my washer or dryer being out of service for a few days. I had been having problems with my washer for sometime so when I had the yearly check up done I told the tech about it and the repair dept told him that if he could not duplicate the problem there is nothing that he can do. In Novemember My dryer went out because of a heating element, (getting a repair to come out is not very speedy)Two weeks the washer stopped working in the middle of the cycle and would not drain the water. I called the repair dept and of course got the run around they could not come out for five days, meantime I have a washer full of clothes and water that would not drain. The customer service rep told the to get a bucket and get the water out. This is not why I bought a repair warranty. I was finally able to speak with someone who had a repair out within a few hours. Now this week I started having the same issue with the washer. A rep man came out this morning supposedly fixed it with replacing the the wiring and the harness, I started my clothes and again same problem so I called the repair tech himself and he came back this afternoon he did not tighten all the wires. I told him I only called him directly because I knew I would get the run around he told me that they would of scheduled another for time to come back and basically told me that I should understand because he is supposed to be off at 430 and doesnt home until six or seven and he is tired. Of course that struck a nerve. He leaves and tired to start clothes again and of course problem is not corrected I have a load of clothes in the wash and the water is over filled and I can not get it to drain. I called the customer relations dept and explained to the rep the situation and he told that i am going around in circles with the conversation and we needed to go forward to fix the issue that the dont guarntee quick and speedy service just the labor and parts that my issue are not of his concern told me that he cant get me another tech out until wednesday and refused to let me speak with someone else or a manager. I dediced to go to a Sears and speak with a manager. Dispite all her efforts I still have a broken a washer and no guarntee of it being fixed anytime soon. I have never been so poorly in my life and it is a shame that you do with business with such a so called great company and recv that kind of service. They have no care and treat even the customers who have issues with an who gives a darn attitude. I am so tired of hearing we want to help and I am so sorry this has happened. Just fix it already and make sure it never happens again. Needles to say I will be contacting corporate with a certified letter that will also sent to the BBB and I will not pay on my account until they credit my account for the warranty

I stopped buying appliances from Sears years ago. They are like a slow moving freight train headed for the edge of a cliff.

As for extended warranties (I NEVER buy them) are always a waste of money for the customer, IMO. They are a good deal for the store, a bad deal for the customer. Did you know that on average, that for every $1 a customer spends on an extended warranty, the store makes $0.80 pure profit?

In addition to that, the store gets your extended warranty premium payment in advance, after that they simply don't care about the customer. When it comes to paying for repair services, the cash customer (who didn't pay in advance) is king.

Sears -Warranty

SEARS LIAR!!! LIAR!!!LIAR I am so disappointed in sears warranty and customers service. I could not imagine that can happen in a country like CANADA!!! Where are the law makers and police to catch all these LIARS who robs innocent people in a very VERY MODERN WAY...My story is very simple and straight I bought a high end Mattress just thinking that sleep is the most important thing in our lives to get yourself ready for the next day and I paid through my mouth and nose to buy that Mattress and salesman (LIAR A BIG LIAR) told me that this mattress has 10 or 20 years warranty if it sags or bulge or anything goes wrong with the mattress. After buying that mattress--- in 4 months it has started Bugling and sagging from the sides. I GOT BACKACHE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...I called sears customers service (MOST ILL MANNERED SERIVCE REPS...THEY JUST DONT ABUSE YOU OTHERISE SAY EVERYTHING JUST TO FORCE YOU TO END UP THE CALL)...anyways according to their report mattress doesn't have 2 inch depression so they can't do anything--------CAN YOU BEAT THAT...I M HAVING BACK PAIN BECOZ OF THE MATTRSS and any blind person can tell you that mattress is sagging and bulging and has dents on both sides of the mattress...i mean that's a limit...then they simply refuse to change or repair the mattress NO MATTER HOW BAD BACKACHE I HAVE!!! my wife has stopped sleeping on that bed and sleep on 2 inch mattress on floor bcoz of the pain...that's sooo outrageous...I belong to India (A third world developing country) but sorry to say EVEN THAT DOESNT HAPPEN THERE...THERE IS NO HONESTY IN SEARS PEOPLE THEY ARE SIMPLY ROBBER AND LIARS ...NEVER PURSHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM...SO DISAPPOINTED

I had opposite experience with sears. I purchased my mattress in September 2011,and was given 10 years of warranty against sagging over 1.1/2 inch or more (less than 1.1/2 is normal due to body impressions that get on the mattress).

In December 2012, I started to notice a sag on my mattress, it wasn't very deep,but it was uncofortable to sleep in,so I called customer service, all they asked is my purchase information, and problem with the mattress, and told me that they will send some medic home to check and measure the sag. 4 days later medic came and check the mattress, and confirmed the sag of 1.1/4 inch and told me that now store will contact me with further info. Withing one week I got call from sears mattress department to come and select another mattress.

I am so happy with their warranty and the process, I recommend everyone to get their mattress there. I didn't find them rip off, thanks sears.

I just want to say, as a former employee of Sears, usually the customer who has the issue with customer service does not stop to listen. After countless phone calls with angry customers, they did not take my advice or the advice of the other associates. Had they simply listened to the associates or been slightly more patient, their problems would have been easily resolved.

@CHAD629,

You didn't mention whether the mattress is a Sears brand, or whether it is a third party brand, such as Sealey or Serta. Informing Pissed Consumer readers of the brand of mattress would be very helpful, especially for a mattress that goes bad within four months.

If the mattress does not bear the Sears name, then Sears' responsibility is limited to whatever their return/exchange policy is for the mattress. The policy should appear on your sales receipt.

I'm unfamiliar with Sears return/exchange policy, but typically, retail stores in general will have an exchange policy for their third party merchandise that can be as short as 10 days; 30 to 90 days is most common; up to 1 year does exist, but is very unusual. In the case of a third party brand mattress, once Sears' return/exchange period has expired, you have to deal directly with the manufacturer for redress of in-warranty issues.

Loss

Sears and the *** they sell

I purchased 5 appliaces not quite 2 years ago and i have alrady had them out for repair for three of them. I just threw out the repair guy for the mirco wave when he told me the part was 283.00 aare they kidding me.. I want to really get back at them.. any ideas! they sell all *** and then they want to charge you for fixing what they sold you as bad.. please tell me what can i do as a consumer to get revernge I am so pissed.. I want to scream.. I will never ever buy anthing from them nd I will make sure I tell everyone to do the same

I am very offended that all my bad language was removed from my last post

that's "BS"

bought at sears:

lcd tv $1,200 bad mother board, bad power supply, bad screen

dish washer $450 bad motor $250 x2 bad door hinges $45, bad water valve $50

fridge $1,400 bad mother board $190, bad door seals x 4 $200, now its dumping water on the floor every 7 days?

washing machine $949 bad motor control $212, ripped bellows $50 broken belt $42

craftsman air compressor $499 pump locked up $150

craftsman LED "D" lite led's broken off inside plastic lens $50

craftsman allunimum 3 ton jack $375 will no go up any more *not serviceable* $375

WHAT THE ***, all this *** *** out in less then 4 years!

I have 3 kids 2 under 5, a beach towel under the fridge (that i have to change every 7 days) the washing machine stops working with all my wife and kids clothes soaking wet inside and sears tells me to go stick my thumb up my ***!

*** YOU!!

Home Depot sends home service techs - from Sears!

Sears buys/sells the same "***" that you would buy from home depot, best buy, even walmart. Its not sears, its the manufacture you need to be pissed at, even if it was Kenmore it is made by someone else other than sears, aka whirlpool, LG, or Frigidaire

View more comments (3)

Sears repair service sucks

i bought a snow blower from sears in feb2010. i used it in the big snow in feb.ran great.model 88190 9hp. i put it away for season.dec 2010 big snow in east,went to use,put in fresh gas,started up ra n poorly,i contacted,sears service,they sent tech,he ortered nu carb,2 weeks later,tech calls out sick,snows again,icalled cust service.3days later,after i *** & screem,they send a tech. 2days later tech installs nu carb, i use snow blower,irun 25 min,flames shoot out of muffler,runs hot,i shut it down,gas leaking from carb, call sears serv next day, 2days later tech arives,he looks at tank,hummm no fuel i tank its dry,bone dry,thats because its on my floor,orders nu carb,fuel tank,2wks later,parts installed,march 3rd ,i go to garage gas tank empty,call serv,again.sears said they will fixit indefenitly not replace it.extended warranty,is ***, no satisfaction and your money lost!!!
With Official Company Response

Sears repair service

I had called Sears for the repair of a dishwasher. Appointment was set with a 4 hour window with the promise of a call 1 day prior to repair. This call was never made, but when I called on the repair day I was told that the technician would be there at the end of the scheduled window. 1 hour late into this the technician called to say he would be there 2 hours later approaching 8 pm, which we declined. He said he would be there the next day between 10-2. When he was not there at 3 pm I called Sears to hear that nothing was scheduled at all and that I had to wait until the weekend, hoping someone will turn up. I cannot recommend this type of service and will definitely not use a company again who has no consideration for other peoples time. Fortunately there are plenty of companies who still render a good service. Use those please!

Why would you wait a whole year to address this complaint,do you think we the customer are going to wait for you, I think not, most of us the customerS have left you to your on outcome.Which does not look good.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Juttam,

I certainly understand your disappointment with the poor service you received surrounding the repair appointment for your dishwasher. Please know that this is not a typical Sears repair experience and we'd appreciate the opportunity to make things right. We value you as a Sears customer. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Juttam) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to speaking with you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

View more comments (1)

Sears - Bad Customer Service

I have been a customer of Sears for a very long time. Quite often, I shop at Sears Outlet store on the corner of University and Forsyth Road. I made multiple purchases through out the years for my home and my business and I have never had a problem with them up until now… A little over a year ago, I have purchased a microwave. It cost us about $400-500. Not even a year later, it just stopped working. I got a technician to come out and fix it. All that was wrong was a fuse. I also had one of my employees come out and help the person to fix it… After 15min., he changed it and gave me a bill for $160… I was very unhappy, especially after I found out that the microwave that I have purchased was actually 5 years old! I was not aware of that…. A few weeks after fixing the fuse, the handle broke off. It looked as it was burned… ANOTHER PROBLEM! As an unhappy customer, I finally made myself to call the store and see if they can fix this problem. I had my assistant calling sears… I guess they do not have a customer service department because it took forever to contact anyone that could help. After multiple phone conversations, she has been told that an escalated email was sent to corporate and someone should contact you. 48 hours later, no one contacted me… Making more phone calls to the point where one of the representatives told her we would not do anything about it. As frustrated as I was, I personally went back into the store to speak to a manager… Come to find out a manager has been working only for couple of months and he can not do anything about it. We have been told he will email corporate AGAIN…. After another 48 hours, no one contacted us… My assistant once again had to call the manager and ask what is going on. His response: "Oh! They emailed me back yesterday, saying that they won't do anything about it." I keep finding out that customer service is not one of the first priorities to businesses these days… It is extremely disappointing, and as a business owner I look at is as failing to do your job providing service to the public.
#520124

I purchase a mens wedding ring April 29, 2012 from the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, FL. I was with my fiance and my children so I was being a bit sneaky and didn't want him to see the ring. The representative at the counter was very helpful and assisted in getting the purchase complete in a semi covert manner. She asked as she was putting the ring in the box if I wanted her to leave the price on it and I told her no so he doesn't see it. She removed the price and put it in a pretty silver box and gift bag. I then asked her if he didn't like it was it returnable since it was on sale? She said yes and pointed to the date on the receipt toward the bottom and read it to me, 7/28/12.

We did in fact go with another ring that was white gold instead of the silver so I attempted to return the original ring to Sears yesterday and was told that without the price on it I couldn't return it. The very price that the other associate took off! I then asked to speak with her and was told they didn't know who the person was and there was nothing to be done other than call a manager in the morning.

Today I called and spoke with Sue, who identified herself as the jewelry manager. I explained the situation and she asked for the associate # on my receipt. I gave it to her and she informed me that they had "no one at that store with that #" and that I "must have bought it at another location". I told her I was looking at the receipt and KNOW where I was when I bought it. She then told me that again without the ticket I couldn't return it.... I told her that Her sales girl took it off and she then said "YOU told her too"! She was very nasty. She then started telling me that It's not returnable anyway since more than 30 days. I reminded her that my receipt says 7/28/12 and that I specifically asked the sales girl. She said I should have read the "small print on the back of your receipt". I was fuming at this point and then she said, "you bought it April 29? it's more than 90 days any way so no matter what it's not returnable". I'm loosing my mind with her barrage of excuses as to why SEARS, a store I have frequented ALL my life, has excuse after excuse as to why they don't know Who the sales person was, why my receipt says return by 7/28/12, why she would have taken the price off KNOWING that I may return it and it would void the return, why she would specifically TELL me that it was returnable until 7/28/12 if it was really only 30 days (we even discussed my wedding date was June 16th or she KNEW it was more than 30 days) ?

I admittedly was very upset when I spoke with Sue but she continuously talked over me and was very rude. I asked her not to be rude and she said she won’t be talked to like this or yelled at and hung up on me! I am livid.

I called back to speak with anyone else and was transferred to a gentleman in lawn equipment who stated that he would give my information to Donna Campbell whom he said was the storage manager. I have yet to hear back.

It is only $190 I believe but it is the principal at this point. I asked about the return date and went in to return within the allotted time I was told. I kept the ring in its original box, inside the original gift bag, including the stuffing paper, WITH the receipt. I cannot believe I actually had this kind of experience at a store, much less SEARS.

- Melissa Knight

sears would not sell you a used product that was 5 years old, it may have been a 5 year old model (but your the one shopping at an outlet store) Anything sears sells comes with a 1 year manufactures defect. You should have fought that and had it taken care of for free (no charge) since you claim it was less than a year old.

hope you caught the manufacture defect part, who ever made that microwave being is the one saying they are not fixing it. Even if it was a Kenmore it was most likely made by whirlpool. If you purchase a Sears protection allurement sears covers the product, not the manufacture.

They will fix or replace your item... In my moms case they replaces a 700 microwave.

@NICK

This is how Sears screw their customers out of cash. Stop shopping there so they go out of business.

There are a lot of businesses who take care of their customers, no questions asked. These other businesses know where the bread and butter comes from and they take care of the customer. Sears will do anything to *** over for more cash. Then when you try to get any kinda help, they ignore you.

I took my $700 snow blower in for just a minor tune-up.

I never hear from them, so I go back to the store to find out whats going on. I am told they couldn't get parts for it so they decided to destroy it. Then they tell me they would give me 25% off a new model I wanted. Who the *** gives these people rights to destroy a perfectly good snow blower which was taken in for just a minor carb cleaning.

If they didn't want to do the job they should of gave back my snow blower. They don't have the right to destroy it. Even worse they're trying to get me to buy another one from them. This people is how they try to *** for more money.

Sears is going under and they are doing everything they can to *** out of your money before they fall. After talking to store managers and emailing the pretend customer service people online, not one of them will admit they screwed up. I have decided to get my lawyer involved.

Oh yea, and on some of these sites where Sears have their social media people patroling complaint sites pretending to respond to angry customers.

They are only doing this, so people think they actually care. I've dealt with them already and these social media support people are just as bad as the store personel.

Stop supporting Sears when they don't care about their customers. They are a failing business which will be gone soon, then you will really be screwed out of all your warranties.

Review

Sears in Cleveland, Ohio - Amazing mop!

I recently purchased a Magicloth mop from Sears. Its another form of a Shamwow. I thought the commercials were always kinda dumb but it was a really good price and I kept breaking the cheapy mops so I got it. My basement recently flooded and that mop has turned put to be an amazing investment!!! I probably would have spent twice as long trying to clean up all the water with a regular mop and towels!The best 20 I have ever spent! I soaked up tons of water and was super easy to use just like the commercials show!! I plan on getting one for all my family for christmas presents and will tell everyone I know about it!

Just bought this mop and mine doesn't work either. My floor is still soaking wet.

Didn't squeeze all the water out after wringing. Very disappointed!

I bought one of the magiccloth Mops because it was “free” when you purchased the chamoises for $21.95 at another wholesale place “B.J’s”. The mop stinks!

It does not work.

I tried cleaning my bathroom floor. I couldn’t get it to wring out the water properly and all it did was push the dirt around.

View more comments (1)