Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears and the *** they sell

I purchased 5 appliaces not quite 2 years ago and i have alrady had them out for repair for three of them. I just threw out the repair guy for the mirco wave when he told me the part was 283.00 aare they kidding me.. I want to really get back at them.. any ideas! they sell all *** and then they want to charge you for fixing what they sold you as bad.. please tell me what can i do as a consumer to get revernge I am so pissed.. I want to scream.. I will never ever buy anthing from them nd I will make sure I tell everyone to do the same

I am very offended that all my bad language was removed from my last post

that's "BS"

bought at sears:

lcd tv $1,200 bad mother board, bad power supply, bad screen

dish washer $450 bad motor $250 x2 bad door hinges $45, bad water valve $50

fridge $1,400 bad mother board $190, bad door seals x 4 $200, now its dumping water on the floor every 7 days?

washing machine $949 bad motor control $212, ripped bellows $50 broken belt $42

craftsman air compressor $499 pump locked up $150

craftsman LED "D" lite led's broken off inside plastic lens $50

craftsman allunimum 3 ton jack $375 will no go up any more *not serviceable* $375

WHAT THE ***, all this *** *** out in less then 4 years!

I have 3 kids 2 under 5, a beach towel under the fridge (that i have to change every 7 days) the washing machine stops working with all my wife and kids clothes soaking wet inside and sears tells me to go stick my thumb up my ***!

*** YOU!!

Home Depot sends home service techs - from Sears!

Sears buys/sells the same "***" that you would buy from home depot, best buy, even walmart. Its not sears, its the manufacture you need to be pissed at, even if it was Kenmore it is made by someone else other than sears, aka whirlpool, LG, or Frigidaire

View more comments (3)

Sears repair service sucks

i bought a snow blower from sears in feb2010. i used it in the big snow in feb.ran great.model 88190 9hp. i put it away for season.dec 2010 big snow in east,went to use,put in fresh gas,started up ra n poorly,i contacted,sears service,they sent tech,he ortered nu carb,2 weeks later,tech calls out sick,snows again,icalled cust service.3days later,after i *** & screem,they send a tech. 2days later tech installs nu carb, i use snow blower,irun 25 min,flames shoot out of muffler,runs hot,i shut it down,gas leaking from carb, call sears serv next day, 2days later tech arives,he looks at tank,hummm no fuel i tank its dry,bone dry,thats because its on my floor,orders nu carb,fuel tank,2wks later,parts installed,march 3rd ,i go to garage gas tank empty,call serv,again.sears said they will fixit indefenitly not replace it.extended warranty,is ***, no satisfaction and your money lost!!!
Loss
With Official Company Response

Sears repair service

I had called Sears for the repair of a dishwasher. Appointment was set with a 4 hour window with the promise of a call 1 day prior to repair. This call was never made, but when I called on the repair day I was told that the technician would be there at the end of the scheduled window. 1 hour late into this the technician called to say he would be there 2 hours later approaching 8 pm, which we declined. He said he would be there the next day between 10-2. When he was not there at 3 pm I called Sears to hear that nothing was scheduled at all and that I had to wait until the weekend, hoping someone will turn up. I cannot recommend this type of service and will definitely not use a company again who has no consideration for other peoples time. Fortunately there are plenty of companies who still render a good service. Use those please!

Why would you wait a whole year to address this complaint,do you think we the customer are going to wait for you, I think not, most of us the customerS have left you to your on outcome.Which does not look good.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Juttam,

I certainly understand your disappointment with the poor service you received surrounding the repair appointment for your dishwasher. Please know that this is not a typical Sears repair experience and we'd appreciate the opportunity to make things right. We value you as a Sears customer. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Juttam) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to speaking with you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Sears - Bad Customer Service

I have been a customer of Sears for a very long time. Quite often, I shop at Sears Outlet store on the corner of University and Forsyth Road. I made multiple purchases through out the years for my home and my business and I have never had a problem with them up until now… A little over a year ago, I have purchased a microwave. It cost us about $400-500. Not even a year later, it just stopped working. I got a technician to come out and fix it. All that was wrong was a fuse. I also had one of my employees come out and help the person to fix it… After 15min., he changed it and gave me a bill for $160… I was very unhappy, especially after I found out that the microwave that I have purchased was actually 5 years old! I was not aware of that…. A few weeks after fixing the fuse, the handle broke off. It looked as it was burned… ANOTHER PROBLEM! As an unhappy customer, I finally made myself to call the store and see if they can fix this problem. I had my assistant calling sears… I guess they do not have a customer service department because it took forever to contact anyone that could help. After multiple phone conversations, she has been told that an escalated email was sent to corporate and someone should contact you. 48 hours later, no one contacted me… Making more phone calls to the point where one of the representatives told her we would not do anything about it. As frustrated as I was, I personally went back into the store to speak to a manager… Come to find out a manager has been working only for couple of months and he can not do anything about it. We have been told he will email corporate AGAIN…. After another 48 hours, no one contacted us… My assistant once again had to call the manager and ask what is going on. His response: "Oh! They emailed me back yesterday, saying that they won't do anything about it." I keep finding out that customer service is not one of the first priorities to businesses these days… It is extremely disappointing, and as a business owner I look at is as failing to do your job providing service to the public.
#520124

I purchase a mens wedding ring April 29, 2012 from the Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, FL. I was with my fiance and my children so I was being a bit sneaky and didn't want him to see the ring. The representative at the counter was very helpful and assisted in getting the purchase complete in a semi covert manner. She asked as she was putting the ring in the box if I wanted her to leave the price on it and I told her no so he doesn't see it. She removed the price and put it in a pretty silver box and gift bag. I then asked her if he didn't like it was it returnable since it was on sale? She said yes and pointed to the date on the receipt toward the bottom and read it to me, 7/28/12.

We did in fact go with another ring that was white gold instead of the silver so I attempted to return the original ring to Sears yesterday and was told that without the price on it I couldn't return it. The very price that the other associate took off! I then asked to speak with her and was told they didn't know who the person was and there was nothing to be done other than call a manager in the morning.

Today I called and spoke with Sue, who identified herself as the jewelry manager. I explained the situation and she asked for the associate # on my receipt. I gave it to her and she informed me that they had "no one at that store with that #" and that I "must have bought it at another location". I told her I was looking at the receipt and KNOW where I was when I bought it. She then told me that again without the ticket I couldn't return it.... I told her that Her sales girl took it off and she then said "YOU told her too"! She was very nasty. She then started telling me that It's not returnable anyway since more than 30 days. I reminded her that my receipt says 7/28/12 and that I specifically asked the sales girl. She said I should have read the "small print on the back of your receipt". I was fuming at this point and then she said, "you bought it April 29? it's more than 90 days any way so no matter what it's not returnable". I'm loosing my mind with her barrage of excuses as to why SEARS, a store I have frequented ALL my life, has excuse after excuse as to why they don't know Who the sales person was, why my receipt says return by 7/28/12, why she would have taken the price off KNOWING that I may return it and it would void the return, why she would specifically TELL me that it was returnable until 7/28/12 if it was really only 30 days (we even discussed my wedding date was June 16th or she KNEW it was more than 30 days) ?

I admittedly was very upset when I spoke with Sue but she continuously talked over me and was very rude. I asked her not to be rude and she said she won’t be talked to like this or yelled at and hung up on me! I am livid.

I called back to speak with anyone else and was transferred to a gentleman in lawn equipment who stated that he would give my information to Donna Campbell whom he said was the storage manager. I have yet to hear back.

It is only $190 I believe but it is the principal at this point. I asked about the return date and went in to return within the allotted time I was told. I kept the ring in its original box, inside the original gift bag, including the stuffing paper, WITH the receipt. I cannot believe I actually had this kind of experience at a store, much less SEARS.

- Melissa Knight

sears would not sell you a used product that was 5 years old, it may have been a 5 year old model (but your the one shopping at an outlet store) Anything sears sells comes with a 1 year manufactures defect. You should have fought that and had it taken care of for free (no charge) since you claim it was less than a year old.

hope you caught the manufacture defect part, who ever made that microwave being is the one saying they are not fixing it. Even if it was a Kenmore it was most likely made by whirlpool. If you purchase a Sears protection allurement sears covers the product, not the manufacture.

They will fix or replace your item... In my moms case they replaces a 700 microwave.

@NICK

This is how Sears screw their customers out of cash. Stop shopping there so they go out of business.

There are a lot of businesses who take care of their customers, no questions asked. These other businesses know where the bread and butter comes from and they take care of the customer. Sears will do anything to *** over for more cash. Then when you try to get any kinda help, they ignore you.

I took my $700 snow blower in for just a minor tune-up.

I never hear from them, so I go back to the store to find out whats going on. I am told they couldn't get parts for it so they decided to destroy it. Then they tell me they would give me 25% off a new model I wanted. Who the *** gives these people rights to destroy a perfectly good snow blower which was taken in for just a minor carb cleaning.

If they didn't want to do the job they should of gave back my snow blower. They don't have the right to destroy it. Even worse they're trying to get me to buy another one from them. This people is how they try to *** for more money.

Sears is going under and they are doing everything they can to *** out of your money before they fall. After talking to store managers and emailing the pretend customer service people online, not one of them will admit they screwed up. I have decided to get my lawyer involved.

Oh yea, and on some of these sites where Sears have their social media people patroling complaint sites pretending to respond to angry customers.

They are only doing this, so people think they actually care. I've dealt with them already and these social media support people are just as bad as the store personel.

Stop supporting Sears when they don't care about their customers. They are a failing business which will be gone soon, then you will really be screwed out of all your warranties.

View more comments (2)
Review

Sears in Cleveland, Ohio - Amazing mop!

I recently purchased a Magicloth mop from Sears. Its another form of a Shamwow. I thought the commercials were always kinda dumb but it was a really good price and I kept breaking the cheapy mops so I got it. My basement recently flooded and that mop has turned put to be an amazing investment!!! I probably would have spent twice as long trying to clean up all the water with a regular mop and towels!The best 20 I have ever spent! I soaked up tons of water and was super easy to use just like the commercials show!! I plan on getting one for all my family for christmas presents and will tell everyone I know about it!

Just bought this mop and mine doesn't work either. My floor is still soaking wet.

Didn't squeeze all the water out after wringing. Very disappointed!

I bought one of the magiccloth Mops because it was “free” when you purchased the chamoises for $21.95 at another wholesale place “B.J’s”. The mop stinks!

It does not work.

I tried cleaning my bathroom floor. I couldn’t get it to wring out the water properly and all it did was push the dirt around.

Review

Sears is a money hungry corrupted business!

I was a worker for Sears in Tucson AZ for almost 2 years. All they cared about was their credit card applications. No one ever said anything about to make sure you have good customer service. It was everyday "how many credit apps or WOWS do you have?" We had to get 1 credit card application for each 25 customers. Although even when we did that we still had to hear "why don't you have more!!" Completely Money Hungry!! I was fired for not having enough credit card applications. But others got to stay and were rewarded for their goals. Although the "top sellers" spoke Spanish to the Spanish customers and did false applications but it went good towards the company so that certain sears turned their heads the other way. Employees also tricked and connived elderly people to fill out the applications and management looked the other way. I think Sears in Tucson AZ at Park Place Mall should go under investigation for their illegal and wrongful acts.
EmployeeOfTheMonth

If you weren't there employed at THAT store then you have no clue. Also it has nothing to do with CitiBank. It is Sears, It's AT THAT CERTAIN SEARS.

purpose of signing people up for citibank is to please citibank...and give customer a line of credit with them to buy applianes the interest makes money for citibank...and of course illegal aliens no credit standards and anti white racism helped the creit bubble its law EEO and bs dude....the managers are unethical the business has the rules and enforces them if someone speaks up but sales are sales...

Sears in Atlanta, Georgia - I got no satisfaction from their incompetency

I bought an exercise elliptical on a Saturday. The salesman talked me into letting them put it together for 1 penny if I was able to pick it up at the store myself. It was to be ready in 3 days or less. On the 3rd day, I called. Was told the elliptical was ready. It wasn't. Would be ready next day. Called next day. People who put stuff together not work on Tuesday. Would be Thursday. Asked for free delivery to offset this inconvenience. They would not even consider it. Pretty much, the attitude was "take it or leave it".

Sears in Elmhurst, Illinois - Have not received rebate after 5 months

I bought mattress amd box springs on Oot 1, 2010 from Sears. They promised free delivery, which was part of the reason we bought it at Sears, but it would come as a rebate I Still have not received the rebate after 5 month and it was promised in 8-11 weeks. When I call, I have done everthing correctly and they see my information in the system and they say it's on it's way, I must be patient. No, noone answers the phone at the rebate center. noone will give me a manager of an exact time line.
Sears Delivery Service

SEARS HOME DELIVERY HAS HORRIBLE SVC!

Seriously they have the nerve to post here to contact them before we complaign here? I have had just about enough HOLD time on my phone with Sears about my delivery to last a life time... (2.5 hours to be exact). Here is the email I just sent them.. I'll let you know what they say... I cannot believe the issues I have had with your delivery service. I've paid $70.00 for sears to deliver a microwave to a house I am renting out. I told them from the begining that no one would be home until after 4p.m. to receive the product because they both work. The first time they called and gave me a time of 8:45 a.m.- I called again to cancel and reschedule and EMPHASIZED AGAIN- After 4p.m.! I just received a call again for the 2nd attempt to deliver- and was given the time of 9a.m.... I'm not sure what your delivery team dosen't understand about the statement AFTER 4P.M.?? Do You? I want my item delivered after 4p.m. and I want my $70.00 delivery charge reimbursed or I will be contacting the media (wich I happen to work for) about this issue next.
Sears Delivery Service
Loss

Sears - Satisfaction guaranteed???

Bought my Dad a NUVI Garmin for Christmas. He didn't want the gift, so I attempted to return it with the receipt. Sears mgmt requested my ID. I showed it and refused to allow them to imput the info in their database. I did NOT have to provide my personal info in order to buy the item and should'nt have to provide it to get my money back. Consumer data is a commodity which corporations gather and track for marketing purposes. I choose to opt out of this practice. That is the LAST PENNY of money Sears will ever get from me.