Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

SEARS HOME DELIVERY HAS HORRIBLE SVC!

Seriously they have the nerve to post here to contact them before we complaign here? I have had just about enough HOLD time on my phone with Sears about my delivery to last a life time... (2.5 hours to be exact). Here is the email I just sent them.. I'll let you know what they say... I cannot believe the issues I have had with your delivery service. I've paid $70.00 for sears to deliver a microwave to a house I am renting out. I told them from the begining that no one would be home until after 4p.m. to receive the product because they both work. The first time they called and gave me a time of 8:45 a.m.- I called again to cancel and reschedule and EMPHASIZED AGAIN- After 4p.m.! I just received a call again for the 2nd attempt to deliver- and was given the time of 9a.m.... I'm not sure what your delivery team dosen't understand about the statement AFTER 4P.M.?? Do You? I want my item delivered after 4p.m. and I want my $70.00 delivery charge reimbursed or I will be contacting the media (wich I happen to work for) about this issue next.
Service
Sears Delivery Service
Loss

Sears - Satisfaction guaranteed???

Bought my Dad a NUVI Garmin for Christmas. He didn't want the gift, so I attempted to return it with the receipt. Sears mgmt requested my ID. I showed it and refused to allow them to imput the info in their database. I did NOT have to provide my personal info in order to buy the item and should'nt have to provide it to get my money back. Consumer data is a commodity which corporations gather and track for marketing purposes. I choose to opt out of this practice. That is the LAST PENNY of money Sears will ever get from me.
Review

Sears in Winter Park, Florida - Are not honering contract warrenty, giving run around

don't buy anything from sears, they do not honer contract of the warranty, they drag their feet till warranty runs out. when you call they transfer you to 50 people and some of those hangup on you. ask for a manger and you get music for 20 minutes, then you get nobody. parts suppose to be ordered are not . been waiting for parts since feb 3, 2011 they all say something different. have been told they were ordered, have been told 3 times not ordered, can not get straight answers from no one. I'm still on hold waiting for someone to get the manager .

First, Im am guessing you did not purchase the protection agreement correct? Did you not understand that it was manufacturers warranty for a year not sears?

So tell me again why you are mad at sears? If you would have bought the coverage from sears, they would have either got you a new one or a rental.

Sears is the only company that does NOT sell an extended warranty, they sell a protection agreement. they are different, sears will service them different and take the warranty on ourselves, NOT extending the manufacturers warranty.

Loss

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - I bought item to early, was assured I could get it 3 days later NOT

I got a flyer with a computer cord, that was supposed to have a rebate. I bought one of the two on the shelf. When I went on thursday and bought the cord, they told me the rebate was not effective until this weekend. I got a refund, and was told that I could get one of the cords on Sunday and get the rebate then. I went today and they did not heve any of the cords,was told by the girl at the desk at the enterance that they did have one in another store but it was in another state. I had a minor with me and was not able to take her to another state as she is under state protection. I used to shop at Menards for all my home improvement items and garden purchased. But I will go to Lowes from now on.

Sears in Greenville, South Carolina - Price match policy

This policy is just a scam. I bought a fridge at Sears. It was MUCH cheaper and had free delivery at Best Buy. They did match the price but would not offer free delivery. To add to the stupidity of the story, one day after I bought the appliance, Sears was offering free delivery on appliances over $300. What a bunch of ***! I will never recommend that company to anyone. Their store suck anyway. It looks like they are having major financial problems. It can not compare with Best Buy , Lowe's and Home depot. Sears is just another Kmart now....the same low quality clothes and appliances

I love Sears ,best customer service,I am also helped.May Sears live long

Sears Repair Technican missed the service call and Lied

1. Our home warranty company called Sears and setup a repair appointment for our washing machine on 2/8/11. 2. Sears cancelled the appointment and rescheduled on 2/19/11. 3. Again Sears called and cancelled the appointment on 2/19/11 and rescheduled to 2/26/11 between the hours of 1:00pm-5:00pm. Overjoyed and excited to finally stop going to the laundry to wash our clothes, we were home from 8:00am- until the time of this post. As the hours marched on we received no calls from Sears, so I called the phone number they provided to confirm our appointment. I was told at 5:30pm that although the technician had not called we were his next service call. Having never placed a service call with Sears we were happy that we were next even though the hour was late. At 8:00pm I called Sears again since the technician never showed and did not call. I was told that the technician notes indicated that he called and came to our home. I told the customer rep that was a LIE. She transferred me to Customer Care. Customer Care should change their name to "Customer's we Careless" since they were not any help at all. I asked them to make things right by having someone other than the LIAR to come out on Monday. Their only reply was our next appointment is Friday. Shame on Sears who has no concept of Customer Service, excellent or otherwise. If you live in the Northern Virginia area, please do not place any service calls with Sears. I complained this evening to my home warranty company who promptly took care of the situation. I hope they dicontinue sending service calls to Sears. Sears has reaffirmed what I always thought about them, "They Suck". Sincerely, Pissed in Northern VA.

Did the same here the tech never showed and never called but they told me he came and no one was home. Been trying to get a stove fixed for 3 months now One Tech left an electrical part in the back that was melted the next Tech replaced that and ordered the same parts the other tech took back.

Have been rescheduled for the 3 time now. Today they were supposed to come and called and said they couldn't make it have to reschedule another 2 weeks so mad I hung up on him just as soon to go buy another stove BUT NOT FROM SEARS

In 2011, Sears still does not recognize women

I, alone, purchased an appliance last week using a credit card bearing my name and, when calling and going online to get a digital receipt for the Energy Tax Credit on behalf of myself and my husband, I was told that I needed my husband's permission. Apparently, Sears had arbitrarily set up the account in my husband's name, not even listing me as another name on the account. Sears, it's 2011, not 1950. Women actually earn incomes now, make purchases, and even get out of the house occasionally. Until this is corrected/changed, my husband and I will not purchase any further Sears products.

Spoken like a Sears shopper.

Maybe you should worry less about Sears and more about making your husband a sandwich.

View more comments (1)

Sears in Ottawa, Ontario - Paid for it but can not get my dishwasher fixed

my dishwasher broken on Feb 2 and I am still waiting for a service.Sears customer service said that they might get the part on March 14 and after they will contact to me. who knows whenI didnt pay for this. I am very dissappointed with Sears Toronto a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a

I am dealing with the same thing with our refrigerator. Problems started Mid January and we are still having the exact same problem.

You are right - it is completely unacceptable.

I will be filing a complaint with the BBB today. So ridiculous!

We bought a refrigerator from sears 3 months ago...quit working..called the service dept..2weeks to get appt..."fixed the fridge"....that night quit working again...called service dept...2 more weeks to get someone to look at it!!!! They must have alot of repairs to do if it takes so long to get an appointment....this is totally unacceptable...we will never buy from them again...nor will any of our friends or family

G

View more comments (1)

Sears in Livingston, New Jersey - Screwed me over

sears screwed me over they advertise satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. I had a weedeater that scrwed up and took it back for a new one or a working one or my money back. It was a crastman so walmart or ace dont sell them just sears and some k marts.Well I was tould that i didnt understand english. Well as of now well over six mounths later I have yet to get a working weedeater or my money back. So Ha, Ha, now i have been advertising for them. I have a big blue bus with signs down both sides saying please boycott sears wont you join me and boycott sears

If you would like to contact me;

Elise Pringle

bonnielass@gci.net

SEARS NIGHTMARE!!!! Make a buck, screw the disabled child!!!!

After months of savings I was so happy to be able to purchase a top of the line refrigerator from Sears.

I went into sears and told the sales representative that I wanted the best fridge that I could get within a certain size range so it could fit through my door. The salesman was very helpful and assured me that he would help me pick out the top of the line because I needed a large capacity as well as reliability. I ended up purchasing a Kenmore Elite 31.7 capacity on March 10, 2015, for 4027.22 in cash out the door. (I hate credit and that is why I spent months saving) Needless to say this was a very expensive purchase for me but one I truly believed would benefit my family

My refrigerator was delivered two days later and I was totally enamored with the huge storage as well as nice features.

If I ended here it would be a happy story unfortunately such is not the case. My Kenmore within one month had an Ice maker issue, ugh, what a hassle that was but Mr. repairman came out and fixed it. Ahhh much better, right?

NO... Within a few months of the first repair, the ice maker broke again, another dreaded repair visit. But wait, that is not the end, AGAIN the Kenmore went T.U. with the ice maker.

Three times is a charm but in this case it was only a precursor to my SEARS NIGHTMARE.

Wednesday evening, September 2, 2015, again my Kenmore ice maker had issue, this time it wouldn't freeze and I only had water in the automatic tray. I called Sears Thursday, September 3, 2015, and explained that yet again my ice maker was having a problem but this time it was different and wouldn't freeze at all and now there was a strange hissing rattling sound accompanying the ice maker saga. My patience, of course was nearing the end with so many problems arising from this "top of the line" and VERY expensive refrigerator. The first customer service specialist, uhhhh, didn't get it not to mention I think there was a bit of a language barrier.

So I called back and spoke with a fantastic customer service representative. I gave her my horrible story and she was so helpful up to and including exchanging my model for another model in the hopes that this problem would be fixed for me. So after researching an on par refrigerator we both agreed that the Samsung 4 door would be the perfect choice, the only thing to check on before sealing the deal was the size of the refrigerator, making sure it would fit through my front door. On the sears website under their OWN specification the size of the refrigerator, with doors removed, is listed as 30.875 inches.

Perfect it will fit, I thought. I tell the Customer Service Representative, " lets do it ASAP because I am very concerned with the rattling and I am afraid my refrigerator is going to die". Unknowingly she somewhat disagrees and says that it should be fine and that she can get me my refrigerator by Saturday, September 5, 2015. Fantastic, I am happy.

2 HOURS after hanging up I notice that both the refrigerator and freezer are warming up rapidly and now it is too late to call so after buying multiple bags of ice I try to save everything knowing my NEW refrigerator will be here on Saturday.

Unfortunately I was not able to keep it cold enough to save everything but I had a protection plan, right? That would save me, that is why I bought it, right?

Friday, September 4, 2015, I call stating that, indeed, my refrigerator is definitely crapping out and everything is getting warm. I ask what the reimbursement is and I was told $250.00.

WHAT??? I have a 31.7 cubic foot refrigerator stocked completely. I explain that I have taken measures to keep everything as cold as possible by stocking the all compartments with ice trying to save all that I can and that I have already lost at least 350-400 dollars worth of food but fine, I will absorb that loss. I was told to fill out reimbursement form for 250.00 and sent an email to guide me through the process.

(I have not filled out the form due to reasons below) Saturday, September 5, 2015, 11:20, delivery truck shows up with my new refrigerator. Bad news, refrigerator will not fit. Sears misrepresented the “specifications” of size on their website saying with doors removed the refrigerator is 30.875. The refrigerator, in fact, is 31.25 inches measured three different times and will NOT fit through my door.

So delivery personnel reload the new replacement refrigerator onto the truck. I ask them to take the old, dead, Kenmore Elite with them as it is doing nothing more than representing a very large and expensive paper weight in my house. I am told that the refrigerator can NOT be removed because they, (delivery crew) are unable to make a delivery of the new Samsung. I immediately call Sears explaining that now all of my food is on my counter warming up including my sons every expensive liquid medicine.

(As a side note, my son is unable to eat pills and has a liquid suspension medication which far exceeds 250.00 not to mention keeps him from having seizures.) I get the pat response, I am sorry Mrs. Pringle. I explain that I am a stay at home mother on a fixed income caring for my 100% disabled child. Keep in mind he is 100% disabled, not 80% nor 90% but 100% documented disabled in every capacity.

I ask them to please, Please, PLEASE help me and get me another refrigerator because now I don’t have ANY food and my sons medicine is warming up since taking everything out of the refrigerator. The sad thing is had the website not misrepresented the size, I would have a refrigerator right now. So I stayed on the phone with SEARS from 11:30 until after 7:00 p.m. speaking with representative upon representative and trust me there were many.

I was told: a. There is nothing we can do. b. We can’t process anything until the Samsung replacement refrigerator that was REFUSED (their ONLY terminology because I did NOT refuse the refrigerator, it wouldn’t fit due to their incorrect specifications) is returned to the warehouse and processed.

I spoke with Sears Home Delivery and they claimed they did, indeed, process it as being returned but the computers as Sears are DOS based and take 24-48 hours to update… REALLY????? c. Your order can not be processed for 24-48 hours and possible not for 72 hours because of the holiday. End result, this is now Sunday, September 6, 2015.

I have called today and spoken with three more people and been passed around again and again and no one can do anything due to processing or lack thereof. This is costing me a mild fortune that I can NOT afford due to sears. I can’t afford to go out and buy food just to throw away any leftovers because I don’t have a refrigerator, anyone who has a special needs child will understand this. Fast food x five adults x three times per day could be as much as 50 dollars each meal x 3 equalling a minimum of 150 per day x 5 (which is a possible date for receiving a new refrigerator )which is 750.00 MINIMUM, not to include gas and inconvenience.

However, my son being paralyzed causes dietary issues so that is not an option. So 750.00 minimum to eat, a loss of at LEAST 600.-700.00 in food, (I have pictures) No refrigerator, no guarantees of when I will get one, having to buy, again, all the food I lost and this is adding up to thousands. Not to mention I am ready to have a complete and total meltdown. I can’t afford thousands due to food loss and no refrigerator and buying out not to mention medical bills and other expenses.

We are on a fixed income. A corporation such as Sears should have staff in place for extreme circumstances ESPECIALLY when a Disabled Child is involved. I afforded them multiple options so that my son wasn’t in jeopardy or our financial circumstances. I asked if they could reimburse me so that I could go and get another refrigerator.

Declined. I asked if they could just bypass the “processing” and do that paperwork later so that I could get a refrigerator. Declined. I asked if they could please contact someone higher up because of the severity of my situation.

Declined, they don’t have anyone. I was told to hand write a letter and mail it to Hoffman Estates, Illinois because sears doesn’t have anyone that is qualified or allowed to bypass the system for emergent circumstances.

Only recourse is to contact, on Tuesday, the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, Attorney General, Disability Law, Media and ANYONE who might be able to help me because I am in trouble and I am scared and don’t know what to do. Sears has been considerably negligent and because of their own misrepresentation and lack of action, my son is now at risk.

Beware of sears online shopping....They cheat you...its been over one month and I have called them 5 times to get my refund back...they advertise $0.99 shipping and when they bill you it will be $9/$10...That's not it, they will harass you for over a month to get your money back even though I didn't get the product...I called them to cancel the product but they still went ahead with the shipment...I asked FedEx to return the product the shipper...the vendor from who sears delivers the product gets only a part of the money, which they refund....the remaining money is untraceable....both sears and vendor play blame game citing money is with the other person and they need to refund...overall am really pissed STILL waiting for my refund....I WOULD NEVER EVER SHOP AT SEARS....

View more comments (2)

Sears service scam

Sears offered a certain repair on a leaking dishwashers on their website. When the Tech came by he inspected the leak, he then attempted to order a new part. After talking to his manager, he then advised me they no longer make those types of repairs, calling it part of the house plumbing. It was the water supply line that connected to the dishwasher (which is part of the dishwasher). Sears then charged me $129 for the service call, even though they misrepresented their service. I contacted customer service, they were not helpful and were very defensive. Dont waste your money at Sears.
Service