Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Livingston, New Jersey - Screwed me over

sears screwed me over they advertise satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. I had a weedeater that scrwed up and took it back for a new one or a working one or my money back. It was a crastman so walmart or ace dont sell them just sears and some k marts.Well I was tould that i didnt understand english. Well as of now well over six mounths later I have yet to get a working weedeater or my money back. So Ha, Ha, now i have been advertising for them. I have a big blue bus with signs down both sides saying please boycott sears wont you join me and boycott sears

If you would like to contact me;

Elise Pringle

bonnielass@gci.net

SEARS NIGHTMARE!!!! Make a buck, screw the disabled child!!!!

After months of savings I was so happy to be able to purchase a top of the line refrigerator from Sears.

I went into sears and told the sales representative that I wanted the best fridge that I could get within a certain size range so it could fit through my door. The salesman was very helpful and assured me that he would help me pick out the top of the line because I needed a large capacity as well as reliability. I ended up purchasing a Kenmore Elite 31.7 capacity on March 10, 2015, for 4027.22 in cash out the door. (I hate credit and that is why I spent months saving) Needless to say this was a very expensive purchase for me but one I truly believed would benefit my family

My refrigerator was delivered two days later and I was totally enamored with the huge storage as well as nice features.

If I ended here it would be a happy story unfortunately such is not the case. My Kenmore within one month had an Ice maker issue, ugh, what a hassle that was but Mr. repairman came out and fixed it. Ahhh much better, right?

NO... Within a few months of the first repair, the ice maker broke again, another dreaded repair visit. But wait, that is not the end, AGAIN the Kenmore went T.U. with the ice maker.

Three times is a charm but in this case it was only a precursor to my SEARS NIGHTMARE.

Wednesday evening, September 2, 2015, again my Kenmore ice maker had issue, this time it wouldn't freeze and I only had water in the automatic tray. I called Sears Thursday, September 3, 2015, and explained that yet again my ice maker was having a problem but this time it was different and wouldn't freeze at all and now there was a strange hissing rattling sound accompanying the ice maker saga. My patience, of course was nearing the end with so many problems arising from this "top of the line" and VERY expensive refrigerator. The first customer service specialist, uhhhh, didn't get it not to mention I think there was a bit of a language barrier.

So I called back and spoke with a fantastic customer service representative. I gave her my horrible story and she was so helpful up to and including exchanging my model for another model in the hopes that this problem would be fixed for me. So after researching an on par refrigerator we both agreed that the Samsung 4 door would be the perfect choice, the only thing to check on before sealing the deal was the size of the refrigerator, making sure it would fit through my front door. On the sears website under their OWN specification the size of the refrigerator, with doors removed, is listed as 30.875 inches.

Perfect it will fit, I thought. I tell the Customer Service Representative, " lets do it ASAP because I am very concerned with the rattling and I am afraid my refrigerator is going to die". Unknowingly she somewhat disagrees and says that it should be fine and that she can get me my refrigerator by Saturday, September 5, 2015. Fantastic, I am happy.

2 HOURS after hanging up I notice that both the refrigerator and freezer are warming up rapidly and now it is too late to call so after buying multiple bags of ice I try to save everything knowing my NEW refrigerator will be here on Saturday.

Unfortunately I was not able to keep it cold enough to save everything but I had a protection plan, right? That would save me, that is why I bought it, right?

Friday, September 4, 2015, I call stating that, indeed, my refrigerator is definitely crapping out and everything is getting warm. I ask what the reimbursement is and I was told $250.00.

WHAT??? I have a 31.7 cubic foot refrigerator stocked completely. I explain that I have taken measures to keep everything as cold as possible by stocking the all compartments with ice trying to save all that I can and that I have already lost at least 350-400 dollars worth of food but fine, I will absorb that loss. I was told to fill out reimbursement form for 250.00 and sent an email to guide me through the process.

(I have not filled out the form due to reasons below) Saturday, September 5, 2015, 11:20, delivery truck shows up with my new refrigerator. Bad news, refrigerator will not fit. Sears misrepresented the “specifications” of size on their website saying with doors removed the refrigerator is 30.875. The refrigerator, in fact, is 31.25 inches measured three different times and will NOT fit through my door.

So delivery personnel reload the new replacement refrigerator onto the truck. I ask them to take the old, dead, Kenmore Elite with them as it is doing nothing more than representing a very large and expensive paper weight in my house. I am told that the refrigerator can NOT be removed because they, (delivery crew) are unable to make a delivery of the new Samsung. I immediately call Sears explaining that now all of my food is on my counter warming up including my sons every expensive liquid medicine.

(As a side note, my son is unable to eat pills and has a liquid suspension medication which far exceeds 250.00 not to mention keeps him from having seizures.) I get the pat response, I am sorry Mrs. Pringle. I explain that I am a stay at home mother on a fixed income caring for my 100% disabled child. Keep in mind he is 100% disabled, not 80% nor 90% but 100% documented disabled in every capacity.

I ask them to please, Please, PLEASE help me and get me another refrigerator because now I don’t have ANY food and my sons medicine is warming up since taking everything out of the refrigerator. The sad thing is had the website not misrepresented the size, I would have a refrigerator right now. So I stayed on the phone with SEARS from 11:30 until after 7:00 p.m. speaking with representative upon representative and trust me there were many.

I was told: a. There is nothing we can do. b. We can’t process anything until the Samsung replacement refrigerator that was REFUSED (their ONLY terminology because I did NOT refuse the refrigerator, it wouldn’t fit due to their incorrect specifications) is returned to the warehouse and processed.

I spoke with Sears Home Delivery and they claimed they did, indeed, process it as being returned but the computers as Sears are DOS based and take 24-48 hours to update… REALLY????? c. Your order can not be processed for 24-48 hours and possible not for 72 hours because of the holiday. End result, this is now Sunday, September 6, 2015.

I have called today and spoken with three more people and been passed around again and again and no one can do anything due to processing or lack thereof. This is costing me a mild fortune that I can NOT afford due to sears. I can’t afford to go out and buy food just to throw away any leftovers because I don’t have a refrigerator, anyone who has a special needs child will understand this. Fast food x five adults x three times per day could be as much as 50 dollars each meal x 3 equalling a minimum of 150 per day x 5 (which is a possible date for receiving a new refrigerator )which is 750.00 MINIMUM, not to include gas and inconvenience.

However, my son being paralyzed causes dietary issues so that is not an option. So 750.00 minimum to eat, a loss of at LEAST 600.-700.00 in food, (I have pictures) No refrigerator, no guarantees of when I will get one, having to buy, again, all the food I lost and this is adding up to thousands. Not to mention I am ready to have a complete and total meltdown. I can’t afford thousands due to food loss and no refrigerator and buying out not to mention medical bills and other expenses.

We are on a fixed income. A corporation such as Sears should have staff in place for extreme circumstances ESPECIALLY when a Disabled Child is involved. I afforded them multiple options so that my son wasn’t in jeopardy or our financial circumstances. I asked if they could reimburse me so that I could go and get another refrigerator.

Declined. I asked if they could just bypass the “processing” and do that paperwork later so that I could get a refrigerator. Declined. I asked if they could please contact someone higher up because of the severity of my situation.

Declined, they don’t have anyone. I was told to hand write a letter and mail it to Hoffman Estates, Illinois because sears doesn’t have anyone that is qualified or allowed to bypass the system for emergent circumstances.

Only recourse is to contact, on Tuesday, the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs, Attorney General, Disability Law, Media and ANYONE who might be able to help me because I am in trouble and I am scared and don’t know what to do. Sears has been considerably negligent and because of their own misrepresentation and lack of action, my son is now at risk.

Beware of sears online shopping....They cheat you...its been over one month and I have called them 5 times to get my refund back...they advertise $0.99 shipping and when they bill you it will be $9/$10...That's not it, they will harass you for over a month to get your money back even though I didn't get the product...I called them to cancel the product but they still went ahead with the shipment...I asked FedEx to return the product the shipper...the vendor from who sears delivers the product gets only a part of the money, which they refund....the remaining money is untraceable....both sears and vendor play blame game citing money is with the other person and they need to refund...overall am really pissed STILL waiting for my refund....I WOULD NEVER EVER SHOP AT SEARS....

View more comments (2)

Sears service scam

Sears offered a certain repair on a leaking dishwashers on their website. When the Tech came by he inspected the leak, he then attempted to order a new part. After talking to his manager, he then advised me they no longer make those types of repairs, calling it part of the house plumbing. It was the water supply line that connected to the dishwasher (which is part of the dishwasher). Sears then charged me $129 for the service call, even though they misrepresented their service. I contacted customer service, they were not helpful and were very defensive. Dont waste your money at Sears.
Sears Repair

Sears--package never delivered

I ordered two sets of apothecary jars (3/box) December 5. Delivery in 5-7 days. December 18...still no delivery. I call and cancel order. No prob, we'll refund you, says phone customer service. One box arrives end of December with one set. No second set. STILL HAVEN'T resolved this after four phone calls and 6 emails. Clearly, SEARS knows that it doesn't have to remedy these errors with online shipping and chooses to ignore problems instead. Customer service will not follow up or provide answers. Sears customer my whole life...I am so shocked and disappointed that I will NEVER shop Sears again.

Where you reimbursed? When did you get reimbursed?

Any company, shipping a product is subject to 3rd party shippers, for small items. Unfortunately, theft is a part of that reality.

The decision to leave out important service information tells a lot about this scenario.

Meaning that you are leaving out crucial details to a company making service right, even though they may not be completely responsible for your shipping woes.

Loss

Sears refused to deliver my mattress!

Unbelievable! The Sears clerk was super helpful, and took a lot of time with us as we bought a mattress set for over $1,300! Once the delivery man showed up, he refused to deliver it saying he would have to bend it to get it up the stairs to the bedroom, and if he did that, he would have to pay Sears for it because he would be in trouble. Now, 10 years ago a delivery man managed to get our old one upstairs with no problem. Lousy attitude, lousy customer service. We got no satisfaction at all by calling his superiors. Very rude and unhelpful. Don't waste your time at Sears mattress sale. I waited a week for this delivery and am very disappointed. Now have to start shopping at square one.

Sears in Nipomo, California - Check and CC

Back in 96' my husband paid off a Sears Credit Card and in 03' when we decided to buy a house they had as he owed and we had to pay it again just to get it cleared up for the purchase. Then 05' it shoed up again and this time they said it was a remainder amount of 700+ dollars...we paid it thinking we should to keep our report cleared. In 07' I wrote a check that did not clear, they sent to a collection agency then I paid the Collection Agency...amount plus bouced fee and again "today-2011" I recieved a collection agency notice wanting payment for the same check! When I called Sears because I am not going to send another payment they acted like I was rude on the phone "Bianca" in "Customer Service" talked over me even though all I wanted was the name of the original collection agency they had sent it to so that I could have my bank find my proof. Anyone else experiencing this situation?

This sounds like an issue that needs to be taken further however the next step is to determine the time-line in credit card charges. Since you received several attempts from collectors to retrieve the owed funds from a check allegedly payed for indicates that there was an issue when they received your payment.

I recommend checking your bank statements and see if they provide any insight as to how much money was deducted from your account you used to pay for the credit card as well as determine if your have been charged twice.

The point is to gather evidence of an error on their part should they decide to take further legal action; assuming you did indeed pay off the credit card. Good luck

Sorry but you are an ***. I wouldn't have paid Sears ***.

*** a credit report. This is why they are able to pull these stunts, people like you that don't give them *** for their dishonest practices.

EmployeeOfTheMonth

Hello.. I use to be a sears employee.

Maybe I can try and help you. Did you call the store or the 1 800 number on the back of your sears card?

View more comments (2)
Product
Sears Credit Card
Sears Garage Door Opener Installation Gone Bad
I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a guy in a minivan showed up. Right away he complained that my ceilings were too high. Ok, so he made me go to...

a good post click

View more comments

Sears Appliances horrible Customer Service and worse Delivery and Quality

Recently my husband and I moved into a new home in Calgary. During the building process we deleted the standard appliances and decided to upgrade ourselves as the Home Builder costs were too high. We went to Sears 6 months prior to our posession date and purchased a Kitchen Aid Fridge and Kenmore Elite Range. We made sure to call a month prior to our confirmed possission date to schedule the delivery of our range. We moved in Nov 18 and had the range delivered Nov 19. November 20 we had a gasfitter come in and hook up the gas line and thought we were good to go. It turned out that after the gas fitter left we noticed when trying to set the time on the range that the entire control panel was useless as the start button did not work. We paid $2500 for the range after also purchasig the extended warranty so we called sears the next day and they set up a service call for us about a week later. Kind of ruined the first week in our new home as we could not cook but we were not too upset as they had scheduled our service appt quite quickly. Things got way worse the service appointment was missed and so were 2 others, finally a week before Christmas I found out that the part was backordered and no one thought to tell me that it wouldn't be in until after Christmas until I inquired myself. Instead they kept making service appointments and kept missing them with no phone call prior. I missed 2 days of work and my husband missed 1. As I was having family come into Calgary from out of town for Christmas Dinner I was quite adamit that they do something so I would have a range for Christmas (this was just over a week before Christmas) I was told they would do a full exchange and pick up the malfunctioning range and bring a new one. I was suprised this was not offered before as they had known the part was not in stock and we had paid an extra $280 warranty fee to prevent these issues. They said to call the store it was purchased and they would arrange the exchange. I called right away and after about 5 phone calls unanswered was able to get through to the store they gave me the run around and I was told to call back the next day. The next day when I called back I was told they would definitly exchange the stove "no problem" but ot until after Christmas. After further comminications between myself the store and customer service I ended up getting them to deliver a "loaner" stove the day before Christmas Eve. THey would not take the old range however and since the delivery company was not told they would have to move the old one before the new one came in they were upset and I ended up having them put the Range in our back hall as it was close to the kitchen. I thought it would be okay as it was supposed to be a temporary fix. After Christmas I called back to see when I could have the stove fixed and moved back and after another run around between the store and customer service was told that they would still do an exchange. As I could not afford to *** any more work and neither could my husband I asked they make it for a evening or weekend. They would not try anything to help us out so our appointment was made for a month later! Jan 24 pick up the loaner and Jan 25 drop off the new range and pick up the broken one. The pick up company came as scheduled on the 24th and suprise suprise the new stove and pick up of the old one was missed on the 25th. We received a call an hour after the end of the time window 10:00pm and apparently they had a flat tire and wouldnt make it. I called the store the next day and they were able to have another delivery available the next day. Funny since I had to wait a month the first time. My husband and I had plans to visit our nephew out in Strathmore but cancelled ans we really just wanted this over with. They arrived on schedule and finally 2 months after our move we had a working range. I was told at the beginining I would see some compensation but did not hear from anyone until Feb 14 after 2 complaints to customer service. They offered $200 less than the warranty cost. Telus gave us a $200 credit after one week of having our internet messed up. Sears has horrible service and should be ashamed.

Sears needs to tap the well of folks desperately seeking employment as the customer service from store to service is appalling. There are millions of folks out there looking for jobs...I sincerely suggest you find some to replace the rude, obnoxious personal who currently provide what is jokingly referred to as customer service. I will never shop Sears again.

Review
#222010 Review #222010 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Delivery Service

Sears in Charlotte, North Carolina - Washer/Dryer Installation gone wrong.

I Purchased a washer/dryer from Sears at their Charlotte, NC South Park location. I paid Sears $75 to have the W/D installed. The Contractor Sears' used to install it snapped off the spigot that turns the water off/on to the washing machine. That was one of the first things he did. He does this all day long, why would he not use caution? He said he would fix it, he had 10 more stops to do that day and he needed a part and would come back, but he never came back. We paid someone else to fix it and that cost us $130. Sears won't refund the install charge. I WILL NEVER USE SEARS AGAIN! EVER!
Skeptic 100

Sears came out and took my working washer and dryer and replaced it with a set that they couldn't install because they didn't have all the parts and they knew it before they left the warehouse. They should have delayed this big waste of time by rescheduling the delivery for a time when they actually had what they were supposed to.

absolutely sears sucks. I'll never suckered into buying one again!

watch out people! they screw us.

I hate sears! I curse the day sears is built!

My husband bought kenmmore washer and dryer 2 years ago and had to have them come out for the 3rd time. They don't have any intention of giving us a better customer service nor giving us a new one or better one.

One of us have to take half day off to wait for them, too. I think their front loading washing machine is defective for sure. Concrete weight came broken and they ordered and came in broken again. I am going to coin laundry for 2 weeks when this happens.

I guess sears workers don't buy their own washer so they don't know how much pain this is... I will never buy sears again either.

I curse you sears! Keep screwing us and there will be no more customers who get suckered into buying your rotten washing machine nor lousy service!

I just had a similar installation experience today:

1. The guys came with black hands that left all the finger prints possible on the brand new washer and dryer and the newly painted walls - courtesy of Sears - maybe they thought it is Sears art left for free -- NO thanks!! I tried to offer them wet towels to clean their hands ...they refused as they don't need it

2. Supposed to do installation, I paid for the installation kit and they didn't even get a tape to seal the air gaps from the dryer vents. They told me to go and buy a tape and do it myself?

3. They didn't level the washer so the whole apartment vibrates during spin cycle!!

4. No cleaning at all, they didn't bring a floor covering leaving all possible marks and not even maintaining the covering I provided.

5. The testing was a joke, they didn't know how to install the drawer in the stacking kit.

6. I had to repeat myself several times for them to finally agree give me the 3-pronged cord I paid for!!

7. They ran into my neighbors stuff with no remorse.

Result: I have to re-do the correct installation myself again.

The attitude was not the best either ..

View more comments (3)
Review
#221923 Review #221923 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Installation
Sears - Sold me a snowblower with a built in headlight that doesn't work
Sears - Sold me a snowblower with a built in headlight that doesn't work
I bought snowblower model 247.886910 which has a built in headlight in the handle assembly and retails for $1099.00. I used it the first time it snowed about 5 days later and found that the headlight did not work. Upon further inspection the bulb and wiring is missing...

That Dash Assy.with Headlight Lens may be used on other Units that have the related wiring Harness and Engine Lighting Coil,Appears that Model was not designed to illuminate.They should have used blank filler piece instead of Lens if that was the case.Check illustrated Parts in Owners Manual.If Parts not listed they are not part of that Machine

Review
#221910 Review #221910 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Fraud

Sears online is the worst company and piece of *** ever! They take your money and don't give you your merchandise. After over selling a washer and dryer online on a one day sale, they refused to give us our product even though they deducted the money from our account. It has been one month and I haven't seen a refund yet! I have decided to take legal action because this is unethical and a load of *** I wish I had read the reviews before I went through with the purchase, now that I am in the situation I researched the issue.

I ordered a W/D over the phone with Sears.com on the 17th and then changed my mind and called back to make another order. I was told that the order was cancelled.

I admit I did cancel and reorder a 3rd time, but each time a sears.com customer service rep told me that the cancellations were done. I finally got emails on 3/23 and 3/27 that the credits had been issued to my accounts. It's the 10th of April and despite calls to supervisors of online resolutions, Sears maintains that they have refunded to both credit cards, although I keep being told that it's being worked on. One rep said I had to "fax in my bank statements".

I have disputed the charges with my credit card (how nice AMEX was about it!). I will never do business with Sears again.

Sears as any other online retailer takes the funds as soon as the order is placed. How could you not expect that to happen?

All retailers have sale events that they plan for but never know exactly how many will be purchased so they only are able to order an anticipated amount from the manufacture. If sales exceed the amount that was ordered then Sears would not be able to fullfill your order and it would have to be cancelled. Once your order is cancelled credit would go back to your account systematically within a matter of days. If for some reason this did not go through Sears will take care of this for you right away.

I am sure all you would need to do is call them.

The only thing fraudulant here is you with all of the false allegations and incorrect facts you have. CALL SEARS!

View more comments (1)