Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears review in Toronto, Ontario: Sterns & Fosters Mattress - Ripp Off

I purchased a Sterns and Fosters Mattress four months ago which cost about $2500. It is to be Sears top of line mattress. Since then it has half inch sag already. I wake up with back aches and neck pain that I never had before. I called Sears Customer Service and the Store Manager. The Manager said he will not do anything and has to get worse before they exchange it. Customer Service said they will return it, but the Store Manager reversed the decision. Talk about being lied to. Sears does not care about their customer. Do not buy your furniture or appliances from Sears. You will regret it.

Sears as other retailers have a return policy time frame. You must have been out of the return time frame allowed or otherwise I am sure an exchange could have been made for you.

If Sears were to make a exception for you as far as a return then there would be no since in even having a return policy time frame and a return exception would have to be made for everyone. This utimatley could put a company out of business. That is why most manufactures offer warranties on there items. Your mattress more then likly has a 1 year warranty.

You should call the manufacture. In the future I recommend that you think about purchasing a extra warranty. This would cover you in all areas with any future purchases you make.

I know Sears has great protection plans. ;)

All retailers have return policy time frames and at the point you reported your concerns with the mattress I am sure you were out of the return time frame. If major retailers were to overlook there return policy time frame for one person then it would have to be done for everyone which would ultimately drive a company out of business.

This would be another reason why most items such as mattresses offer a manufacture warranty. You need to talk to the manufacture.

Also, it is always a good idea to purchase a extended warranty to cover yourself. I know Sears has great ones!

View more comments (1)

Sears review in Meriden, Connecticut: I have been waiting a year for parts

I bought a cabinet(ga-05 ultimate) back in April. when I opened the box it was missing everything(shelves,sides,no hardware,no top or bottom. I have been shuffled from one manager to another, and still am waiting for parts. What else can I do, but wait and hope. I can not believe how bad the level of service has been, and I have only been managers during this nightmare. I had been shopping at sears for over 30 years until this incident. I am sorry to say Sears is no longer service oriented as it used to be.

I am sorry to hear this. I am wondering why you did not take it back for a return or exchange when you opened it up and noticed it was missing parts?

Clearly it is no fault of yours and unfortunate that it came to you missing parts. At this point since your issue clearly has not been resolved I suggest you call Sears corp. and report all parties involved that you have spoke to.

I am sure they will get this resolved for you immediatly. Sears as a company does care from my years of business with them this is my experience.

Sears Manager
Loss

Sears - outlet merchandise is used unfixed junk

Sears outlet sells broken down used appliances that do not work. They are not scratch and dent stuff but returned product that their incompetent service people were unable to fix. They will sell it to you without refurbishment - so now you can go through the same thing the original customer did. If you do not buy that add on insurance they will charge you to fix an appliance that they know does not work at the time of the sale to you. If you have been victim by Sears Outlet appliances then call or write MARKETPLACE CBC so that they can get this out. Perhaps if there is enough people we can start a class action against them - punitive damages extra. We must ensure that Sears will not be allowed to victimize anyone else with these illegal practices.

Unfortunately, some machines have defects and the chances are higher on the outlet since the machines have been transported from location to location and some have been previously returned. Central delivery performs a terrible job, along with their management, which are NEVER NEVER available!

If they damage any machines, the store needs to take care of the issue even though central delivery were the ones who damaged it (they don't compensate for it) and the sales associates lose the sale and comission, which is already so low.

Since it's a contract we can't replace the delivery for a local company more competent and that actually cares.IF YOU CAN AVOID USING DELIVERY YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF!

However, regarding the stores, there are also great deals on new mechandize with dents, I worked on one of these stores and know you can find amazing refrigerators for up to 50% off. For the best buy, go for ITEMS MARKED AS NEW, you can usually tell by looking at them or smelling inside.

My family and I have purchased several items from the Outlets and so far it's been years with no issues, from refrigerators to laundry.

This is not true in the store where i'm from we have purchased washer and dryer 1 kenmore the other maytag had dents on sides of both ( could of cared less) but i've had them close to 10 years now

View more comments (1)

Affirmation Agreement with Sears

When I divorce I had to sign an AFFIRMATION AGREEMENT with Sears for three years.(effective from 1993 to 1996) FOR APPROX. $2,465.00 WHICH WAS HALF THAT MY HUSBAND AND I OWED AT THE TIME. I PAID IT OFF IN THAT THREE YEAR PERIOD. THEN THEY RE BILLED ME AGAIN FOR THE SAME AMOUNT. THEY KEPT IT UP TIL 2002.(AFTER THREATS FROM SEARS EMPLOYEES TO PAY MY ACCOUNT I TOLD THEM " NEVER TO CALL ME AGAIN AND I HAVE PAID YOU OFF ONCE AND WILL NOT PAY YOU PAY YOU AGAIN." I HAVE CHECKED MY CREDIT AND SEARS WAS WRITTEN OFF BACK THEN.. NOW SEARS HAS HIRED RECOVER PORTFOLIO TO COLLECT THIS SAME BILL AS OF 2/28/11; WHY NOW AGAIN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS???? I HAVE PAPER WORK BUT THEY DO NOT EXCEPT IT!! WHY SHOULD I RE PAY SOMETHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT I DO NOT OWE???? WHERE'S THE LAW TO PROTECT SOMEONE LIKE ME?????? MY EX-HUSBAND IS NOW DEAD AND MY HUSBAND IS ALSO GONE AS OF 2003. WHEN DOES IT STOP????? AND TODAY I RECEIVE ANOTHER PHONE 3/9/11 CALL FROM SOME ATTORNEY A ROSS GELFAND FROM GEORGIA... I DO NOT KNOW HIM; SO I TOOK A MESSAGE THIS AM WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON HERE????

Do NOT pay anyone any money and do not believe the attorney is actually a true & good attorney. Many companies will buy old debts, even paid off ones and then try to scare people into paying them off again.

It is a scam! If you are only receiving phone calls on this issue, you ask them to send you the actual paperwork regarding the debt,etc and they have 30 days to do so. Chances are the minute you tell them to send you documentation, they will hang up on you. We have had this happen to us in the past.

Plus check your state's statute of limitations on collections - you're likely way past it and they can no longer try to collect. Also make sure you keep that paperwork stating the debt is repaid. Do NOT let them scare you with phone calls.

Demand they registered mail you documentation regarding this situation - if they actually DO mail it to you, I recommend taking it to a lawyer and verifying what they are doing is lawful. Good luck.

Loss

Sears has zero customer service

Do NOT purchase a Sears appliance or extended service warranty, it is not worth the paper its printed on.. We have a piece of garbge washer that has been nothing but trouble since day 1. Leaks ( upstairs laundry ) cycles dont work right. Sears has replaced multiple parts, multiple times ( after waiting a month for a service tech to show up , if at all) and refuses to replace this lemon no matter what. Filed a complaint with the BBB and contacted local media to investigate.. Stay away from Sears! Go to any other store , like Home Depot or Lowes. This review written much is nicer then it should be.
Loss

Sears delivery and installation dept are full of liars

sears is full of ***.  my second major purchase from Sears in the past year and they FAIL to deliver without even giving me a call.  they should fire EVERYONE in delivery AND installation.   Once I track them down they tell me they will call me back in 15 minutes.  what a crock of ***!!!!!!  In two days of me calling and tracking the dispatch petson tells me the installers told them that were not getting paid enough and refused to do the work. bottom line.... Sears is full of employees and contractors without an ounce of integrity. my last experience was also a no show even after they called to confirm!

I agree 100%. Sears completely missed an installation appointment to install a new dishwasher - not only no show but no call.

When you call "customer service" to report it they don't believe you - "are you sure you didn't hear the pnone ring!!!!" Then they reschedule and show up without the dishwasher. I remember when Sears was a fine company which shows my long-term memory must be good.

Absolute dead-on accurate opinion. I have been trying to get a gazebo installed since last August.

It's been scheduled 4 times and they have blown it every time. I called on a Tuesday to verify an install on Sat. Was assured that every thing was set. Sure enough cone Sat.

They can't find any record of installation request.

As the previous person experienced the contractor Nd sears were arguing over the phone about rates and codes, while I Am on the phone with them!

. Sears is out of control and dishonest with customers.

Still haven't received the phone call I was guaranteed would happen.

Your are right = the installation department at SEARS is the worst- After several letters/complaints etc. about poor install on my wall oven I got approval to hire my own person and they reimbursed me.

This was done through their social media complaint department.

With all the people out of work you would think they might care about their jobs. Go figure.

View more comments (2)
Sears Installation

Sears review in Rochester, New Hampshire: Poor/Non-Existant Customer Service

Impossible to write all that has happened to me in just 100 words. Surfice it to say that Sears does not stand by it's products unless you are willing to purchase a maintenance agreement from them. I purchased an exercise bike from Sears in December of 2010 that has never worked and after fighting to have them replace/repair it over a 2 month period, I am now demanding that they come get it and refund me my money. They will be picking it up on March 6th 2011. All I've done for 2-1/2 months is make calls trying to get them to either repair or replace the bike! I'm done and will never purchase another non-consumable product from Sears. They do not care about their customers anymore!!!

How about this...? Bought elliptical from Sears on 2/5/11.

Paid for non-refundable delivery $69.99, also bought 3 yr ext. warranty plan $184.99. Delivered to my home on 2/11/11...I assemble it and realize parts are missing. Call and tech comes out a week later.

A week of workout time missed. Tech brings parts and wallah I can start exercising now right? Wrong, machine wobbled something awful and kept a noise so loud my wife & son wouldn't have been able to sleep....neighbors too possibly. Calls Sears and asked about their pickup policy as I decided I didn't want this machine anymore.

They told me they'd pick it up and that I DID NOT need to disassemble it. Pickup crew arrives a couple days later, looks at machine and decides they could not move it. Called up Home Delivery and then they tell me I have to disassemble it and they'd have to come back another day. Found this to be unacceptable and drove out to the Sears to speak with a manager.

She tried helping but there was not much she could do. Went back home disassembled it and scheduled another pick up. They take it this time and now I have to wait for a refund of my money within 3 - 5 business days. If I do not get a full refund after all of this drama I will be sure to report Sears to the BBB, the Maryland State Attorney General, and any media outlet that will report on this.

Citizens should not have to deal with this level of unorgaznied interaction.

I even asked for some paperwork that would outline the provisions they claim are set in stone and of course they couldn't produce anything. I will follow-up soon on this.

Sears review in Orlando, Florida: So frustated I could cry

I know posting will not resolve my issue but hopefully it will help someone not to buy from Sears or the extended warranty. I bought a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer (not cheap by the way) and the master protection warranty for five years also not cheap. The warranty states that there is lemon protection which are so many loop holes that I see how that is beneficial. I have had issuses with my dryer two times this year and I have had issues with the washer twice this year. My frustation with dealing scheduling a repair (which is not convient with there time windows) any my washer or dryer being out of service for a few days. I had been having problems with my washer for sometime so when I had the yearly check up done I told the tech about it and the repair dept told him that if he could not duplicate the problem there is nothing that he can do. In Novemember My dryer went out because of a heating element, (getting a repair to come out is not very speedy)Two weeks the washer stopped working in the middle of the cycle and would not drain the water. I called the repair dept and of course got the run around they could not come out for five days, meantime I have a washer full of clothes and water that would not drain. The customer service rep told the to get a bucket and get the water out. This is not why I bought a repair warranty. I was finally able to speak with someone who had a repair out within a few hours. Now this week I started having the same issue with the washer. A rep man came out this morning supposedly fixed it with replacing the the wiring and the harness, I started my clothes and again same problem so I called the repair tech himself and he came back this afternoon he did not tighten all the wires. I told him I only called him directly because I knew I would get the run around he told me that they would of scheduled another for time to come back and basically told me that I should understand because he is supposed to be off at 430 and doesnt home until six or seven and he is tired. Of course that struck a nerve. He leaves and tired to start clothes again and of course problem is not corrected I have a load of clothes in the wash and the water is over filled and I can not get it to drain. I called the customer relations dept and explained to the rep the situation and he told that i am going around in circles with the conversation and we needed to go forward to fix the issue that the dont guarntee quick and speedy service just the labor and parts that my issue are not of his concern told me that he cant get me another tech out until wednesday and refused to let me speak with someone else or a manager. I dediced to go to a Sears and speak with a manager. Dispite all her efforts I still have a broken a washer and no guarntee of it being fixed anytime soon. I have never been so poorly in my life and it is a shame that you do with business with such a so called great company and recv that kind of service. They have no care and treat even the customers who have issues with an who gives a darn attitude. I am so tired of hearing we want to help and I am so sorry this has happened. Just fix it already and make sure it never happens again. Needles to say I will be contacting corporate with a certified letter that will also sent to the BBB and I will not pay on my account until they credit my account for the warranty

I stopped buying appliances from Sears years ago. They are like a slow moving freight train headed for the edge of a cliff.

As for extended warranties (I NEVER buy them) are always a waste of money for the customer, IMO. They are a good deal for the store, a bad deal for the customer. Did you know that on average, that for every $1 a customer spends on an extended warranty, the store makes $0.80 pure profit?

In addition to that, the store gets your extended warranty premium payment in advance, after that they simply don't care about the customer. When it comes to paying for repair services, the cash customer (who didn't pay in advance) is king.

Sears -Warranty

SEARS LIAR!!! LIAR!!!LIAR I am so disappointed in sears warranty and customers service. I could not imagine that can happen in a country like CANADA!!! Where are the law makers and police to catch all these LIARS who robs innocent people in a very VERY MODERN WAY...My story is very simple and straight I bought a high end Mattress just thinking that sleep is the most important thing in our lives to get yourself ready for the next day and I paid through my mouth and nose to buy that Mattress and salesman (LIAR A BIG LIAR) told me that this mattress has 10 or 20 years warranty if it sags or bulge or anything goes wrong with the mattress. After buying that mattress--- in 4 months it has started Bugling and sagging from the sides. I GOT BACKACHE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...I called sears customers service (MOST ILL MANNERED SERIVCE REPS...THEY JUST DONT ABUSE YOU OTHERISE SAY EVERYTHING JUST TO FORCE YOU TO END UP THE CALL)...anyways according to their report mattress doesn't have 2 inch depression so they can't do anything--------CAN YOU BEAT THAT...I M HAVING BACK PAIN BECOZ OF THE MATTRSS and any blind person can tell you that mattress is sagging and bulging and has dents on both sides of the mattress...i mean that's a limit...then they simply refuse to change or repair the mattress NO MATTER HOW BAD BACKACHE I HAVE!!! my wife has stopped sleeping on that bed and sleep on 2 inch mattress on floor bcoz of the pain...that's sooo outrageous...I belong to India (A third world developing country) but sorry to say EVEN THAT DOESNT HAPPEN THERE...THERE IS NO HONESTY IN SEARS PEOPLE THEY ARE SIMPLY ROBBER AND LIARS ...NEVER PURSHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM...SO DISAPPOINTED

I had opposite experience with sears. I purchased my mattress in September 2011,and was given 10 years of warranty against sagging over 1.1/2 inch or more (less than 1.1/2 is normal due to body impressions that get on the mattress).

In December 2012, I started to notice a sag on my mattress, it wasn't very deep,but it was uncofortable to sleep in,so I called customer service, all they asked is my purchase information, and problem with the mattress, and told me that they will send some medic home to check and measure the sag. 4 days later medic came and check the mattress, and confirmed the sag of 1.1/4 inch and told me that now store will contact me with further info. Withing one week I got call from sears mattress department to come and select another mattress.

I am so happy with their warranty and the process, I recommend everyone to get their mattress there. I didn't find them rip off, thanks sears.

I just want to say, as a former employee of Sears, usually the customer who has the issue with customer service does not stop to listen. After countless phone calls with angry customers, they did not take my advice or the advice of the other associates. Had they simply listened to the associates or been slightly more patient, their problems would have been easily resolved.

@CHAD629,

You didn't mention whether the mattress is a Sears brand, or whether it is a third party brand, such as Sealey or Serta. Informing Pissed Consumer readers of the brand of mattress would be very helpful, especially for a mattress that goes bad within four months.

If the mattress does not bear the Sears name, then Sears' responsibility is limited to whatever their return/exchange policy is for the mattress. The policy should appear on your sales receipt.

I'm unfamiliar with Sears return/exchange policy, but typically, retail stores in general will have an exchange policy for their third party merchandise that can be as short as 10 days; 30 to 90 days is most common; up to 1 year does exist, but is very unusual. In the case of a third party brand mattress, once Sears' return/exchange period has expired, you have to deal directly with the manufacturer for redress of in-warranty issues.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Sears and the *** they sell

I purchased 5 appliaces not quite 2 years ago and i have alrady had them out for repair for three of them. I just threw out the repair guy for the mirco wave when he told me the part was 283.00 aare they kidding me.. I want to really get back at them.. any ideas! they sell all *** and then they want to charge you for fixing what they sold you as bad.. please tell me what can i do as a consumer to get revernge I am so pissed.. I want to scream.. I will never ever buy anthing from them nd I will make sure I tell everyone to do the same

I am very offended that all my bad language was removed from my last post

that's "BS"

bought at sears:

lcd tv $1,200 bad mother board, bad power supply, bad screen

dish washer $450 bad motor $250 x2 bad door hinges $45, bad water valve $50

fridge $1,400 bad mother board $190, bad door seals x 4 $200, now its dumping water on the floor every 7 days?

washing machine $949 bad motor control $212, ripped bellows $50 broken belt $42

craftsman air compressor $499 pump locked up $150

craftsman LED "D" lite led's broken off inside plastic lens $50

craftsman allunimum 3 ton jack $375 will no go up any more *not serviceable* $375

WHAT THE ***, all this *** *** out in less then 4 years!

I have 3 kids 2 under 5, a beach towel under the fridge (that i have to change every 7 days) the washing machine stops working with all my wife and kids clothes soaking wet inside and sears tells me to go stick my thumb up my ***!

*** YOU!!

Home Depot sends home service techs - from Sears!

Sears buys/sells the same "***" that you would buy from home depot, best buy, even walmart. Its not sears, its the manufacture you need to be pissed at, even if it was Kenmore it is made by someone else other than sears, aka whirlpool, LG, or Frigidaire

View more comments (3)