Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Atlanta, Georgia - Poor repair service

I have three issues I'd like to have addressed; 1.) I called 800-4-MY-HOME last week to make an appointment to get my dryer serviced. A couple of years ago I needed my dryer fixed and called the same number and a live person offered me a one year service contract for a couple of hundred dollars and I was hoping to get the same deal this time. A computer answered the phone and never gave me an option to talk to a live person nor to get that same deal. It took me 3 calls to the computer to make the appointment but again not once was a live person offered nor that service contract offered. The service person showed up on Saturday and charged me $283 to "fix" the dryer. 2.) I said "fixed" because the dryer is still not working, the same problem still exists so the $283 was a complete waste of money. I called the 800-4-MY-HOME number on Sunday to talk to someone about the dryer still not working and again was still not given the option of talking to a live person. I pushed the 0 key a couple of times out of desperation and low and behold I got transferred to a live person. However this person could not help me as the computer was not updated yet with the information of my service call and I was told to call back on Monday. 3.) I called back today and got an appointment setup for Thursday and the lady offered me the service contract for $205 for future work, not to include Saturday's $283. She actually tried to sell me the product I wanted last week but could not get on top of the $283 I paid two days ago. So for $488 I can get the dryer fixed instead of buying a new one for $329, call me crazy but that just does not seem like a good deal. 4.) I think the only fair thing for you to do is to refund me $78 dollars and sell me the service contract I wanted but could not buy from the computer and to fix my dryer. Please let me know your thoughts.
givo.

Hey Bigpdr, maybe if you did not misuse your dryer than it would still work. Customer ignorance does not cover the cost.

You always have the choice, You just did not want to spend the extra money and now that you can't get the dryer fixed for free you are whining.

Well cry a river because we don't care about your washer and dryer. Next time go to an actual store like everyone else does.

You missed the point, I never had a choice. The automated system for scheduling an appointment does not have the option of the service contract and nowhere does it say how to get a live person. If I did have a choice I would agree with you.

You had the choice not to buy the contract or get it fixed, now you should live with you decisition, not expect a refund. I am a customer of Sears and a invester I would not expect them to go out of business giving money for a honest transaction.

View more comments (2)
Review
#209143 Review #209143 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair

Sears in Waukegan, Illinois - Kenmore Sewing Machine - does anyone care

Sears was so good. Why would anyone shop at Sear anymore? I am so concerned nothing will happen with my sewing machine before I leave for Florida in 9 days. I have this solid walnut cabinet and unusable sewing machine. What should I do and how I can I get thru to the K-Mart group about Sears. My granddaughters are 4 and 6 (prekindergarten and 1st grade). I wanted to make clothes for them. I have lost all that valuable time. No handmade XMAS gifts, no matching outfit for their birthdays that have gone. It makes me so sad that I had this great machine until I dropped it off at Sears in Vernon Hills (it had minor problems with the tension) and I could easily use the machine) and now I have no sewing machine. Welcome to the age of customer service.
Review
#208948 Review #208948 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears in Overland Park, Kansas - Manager of store getting kick back to tow customers big truck while they are shopping

soto st. SEARS los angeles CA I drive cross country but was surprised to learn manager of store getting kick backs from local tow company was counting on me to be in the store for the holiday door buster at 4am at 4.15 tow truck hooked to my truck but I was in it no signs posted but said there was wouldnt call police didnt knock was betting i was shopping to ripp me off of my money when i come to your business to shop makes me sick You know what I kept all my money. Thank you.
Review
#208933 Review #208933 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Manager

Sears Buyer Beware Don't get Duped!

I went into the Sears website to look at artificial christmas trees and found a flocked prelit Alpine tree and bought it. What I was not aware of I was redirected to an entirely different company Christmas Central. When I got the tree it was defective one branch was hanging out not attached and it was disapointed in its appearance so I decided to return it. So I took it to Sears and they told me they could not take it back because it was this other company and they gave me the phone number (even though it was charged to my sears card) So I called Christmas Central they are all the way across the country and they said I had to mail it and pay the postage! They would return my money but not the postage! I am angry with Sears because I feel duped. Also they should take products back that are charged on your card. This tree is going to be very expensive to ship back and I am beyond upset. I am paying off my Sears card and closing my account ASAP!
Review
#208869 Review #208869 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Sears Website

Sears in Middletown, New York - Lied to me

I had called the Plano IL sears store and asked about the washer & dryer sales on black Friday the one that I was going to buy was the Kenmore $199.00 each. The salesman that I spoke to on the Telephone Told Me that If he had none in stock that there would be " NO PROBLEM ORDERING THEM". But when I got to the store to buy with CASH MONEY He told me that They Cant order them So if that is the way you treat your customer I WONT BE BACK I dont appreciat being Lied to Thanks for nothing

Dear Karen H,

I'm Scott and I'm with the Sears Social Media Support Team. I came across your post here and I wanted to reach out to offer some assistance. I'm terribly sorry for your disappointing experience with stock availability. It is never Sears intent to purposely deceive customers; most items can be ordered with no price difference, however some, especially "Black Friday" items are very limited in quantity. We'd like to find out a little more information as to what specifically transpired in this instance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Karen H) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Sears Social Media Support

Review
#208843 Review #208843 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears in Houston, Texas - Sold before DOOR OPENED

was in the sears store this morning At lewisville mall. Before door was open product was started coming out of the marchindise puckup area and loaded in the truck/vans. When door open I straight went to the register and asked for the front loader washer dryer. I been told they are sold allready. I asked I am the first person and it is sold? They told me they handed out vouture before and they are all gone. I been ther 2 hours early and never seen anything like that. How they been sold and how people been picking up there marchaindise before 4 am??? All thouse add were scam just for the employees friends and family only..

The same thing happened to me. Went for the front loader washer/dryer set only to find out that they gave away 4 tickets at 2:30 in the morning.

When I asked the sales person about why this was not advertised in the ad, he answered like I was *** that it was a hot buy item and that hot buy items are always ticket items.

I think it was a scam for employees and their friends and family. This is why I don't shop at Sears normally because of their business practice.

Review
#208824 Review #208824 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I give up I need your help. I am forced to go on boards for help. Blue Ribbon team is absolutely no help: here is my story: I took my sewing machine for repair to the Vernon Hills, IL, Sears Store in early July (before my daughter's wedding (in mid July), and I was...

I am having the worst service I have ever received from any company. Sears Blue Ribbon is a JOKE!!!

There was damnage done to my home upon a delivery, we paid for first quality merchandise but received returned damaged product. It took 4 deliveries to finally get all of our kitchen appliences.

This has been going on since June 1 2013 and issues are still not resolved!!! The Blue Ribbon team will not give me the name or information for a supervisor or higher ups within the company...."there aren't any"

View more comments
Review
#208511 Review #208511 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair

Kenmore "Elite" Defective Control Panel and Sears 5 week to fix response

Our dishwasher is less than 1 year old - Kenmore Elite diswasher. We are irate at the response. No dishwasher with a family of 6 (all 10 yrs and under), and the holidays. It is disappointing to have the issue with a top of the line dishwasher. It is worse yet given the service. Apparently, the control panel (part # W10083050) is a known issue with this model - BEWARE! On November 10th, we called Sears and scheduled the next available date fo 11/15. We learned it is a faulty control panel on our dishwasher. We were told it would be a week, but in time before Thanksgiving and our 20 guests. Today, we learn the part is back ordered from Whirlpool to 12/15. Sears is doing nothing to help us in the interim... They offered 10% off a new washer - adding insult to injury. 5 weeks to repair... and we purchased the additional service warranty.

due to a lack of Dishwasher Control Panel - W10083050 - our Kenmore is dead. I used to think Sears was a reliable company -- no more

Our nine month old Kenmore Elite dishwasher broke on Nov 30, 2010, due to a faulty circuit board. We have had the part ordered/re-ordered on 4 separate occasions as Sears cannot stock replacement parts for their own line of appliances.

We have spent countless hours demanding that they either fix it in a reasonable amount of time (they couldn't) or refund our money (Sears refused). They did offer to exchange the defective appliance with a new one with FEWER features. We refused. Our case finally went to the 'Blue Ribbon' case manager who practically gave us a 'take it or leave it' offer of exchange for cheaper model.

Again we refused. After posting numerous negative comments about Sears, their appliances, and their customer service on their website, we got a call from our case manager who stated that he would 'graciously' give us a replacement model with EQUAL features. It arrived 2 days ago. Guess what showed up on our doorstep today?

The replacement parts that we have been waiting for over 7 weeks. Don't let them tell you otherwise...this is a problem with this line of dishwashers.

Ahmen. I hear you.

I have had this part on backorder since October, 2010. The new reported availability date from Sears parts is now 1/18/2011.

I have no confidence that this date will hold.

Please take this into account before purchasing any Kenmore or Whirlpool appliance in the future. They are Not manufactoring replacement parts.

givo.

To Dianne, There is this worker in one of your stores by the name Elvo. I think this young gentleman deserves a raise because I am very pleased with his work. Can you see that he gets a raise?

To FightfortheRight,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I'm truly concerned by what I have read here. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed with the delay of the part needed for your dishwasher. We certainly don’t want our customers frustrated. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (FightfortheRight) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

@Sears Social Media Escalations

I will never again buy any appliance from Sears. The service is awful and takes forever and the products no longer live up to anything that is advertised.

I have been nothing but disappointed in our dishwasher, which has been repaired every year since we bought it and now the dishwasher panel not longer works. Our refridgerator has also been repaired twice. I should not have to buy new appliances every few years. Someone else will get our business.

Oh woe is you Sears. :(

The time to repair 5 weeks falls under to long to repair under you Sears repair policy,demand a new one. If they dont replace it file a attorney general complaint in your state.

View more comments (6)
Review
#208375 Review #208375 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears in San Jose, California - Sold items not in stock

This is about Sear.com and their connection to all the other stores on their site. Which by the way I didn't know parts of my order were coming from someone else other then them. Seems to me with all that is capable on a website that Sears.com would know instantly if they have the product you want to buy. I know it told me when it didn't have it in the size I needed, so now after 2 day's I get an e-mail from Kmart saying they have to cancel over half my order because they don't have it in stock. NOT IN STOCK at the start of the Christmas season?? Come one can't you do better then that!!!!!!!

anybody want to buy a 1000.00 refridge with a 269.00 warranty for 500.00.Thats the going price for a year and half old piece of **** from sears.NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

View more comments (1)
Review
#208093 Review #208093 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Sears Website

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Shipped a $400 husqvarna chainsaw that someone had taken home and cracked the handle and scuffed up

I ordered a husqvarna chainsaw online and delivered ups.when i opened the box the handle was cracked and some wear marks that didn't look like they were from shipping. And if you think you're just going to take it back to your local sears store think again, Unless it's a "Sears full line store" you're screwed. My local Sears has SEARS written plain as can be on the building but the guy inside told me "we're not a full line store, watch out when you order online..read the fine print". You can only takes items back to a full line store or leave them on your stoop all day for the UPS guy. Now I have to drive 56 miles to the closest full line store, the customer service rep said "the ones in a mall". Just for fun call the customer service number three or four times 1-800-349-4358 to get a feel of who will deal with you if something happens to your order.
Review
#208033 Review #208033 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss