Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Kenmore "Elite" Defective Control Panel and Sears 5 week to fix response

Our dishwasher is less than 1 year old - Kenmore Elite diswasher. We are irate at the response. No dishwasher with a family of 6 (all 10 yrs and under), and the holidays. It is disappointing to have the issue with a top of the line dishwasher. It is worse yet given the service. Apparently, the control panel (part # W10083050) is a known issue with this model - BEWARE! On November 10th, we called Sears and scheduled the next available date fo 11/15. We learned it is a faulty control panel on our dishwasher. We were told it would be a week, but in time before Thanksgiving and our 20 guests. Today, we learn the part is back ordered from Whirlpool to 12/15. Sears is doing nothing to help us in the interim... They offered 10% off a new washer - adding insult to injury. 5 weeks to repair... and we purchased the additional service warranty.

due to a lack of Dishwasher Control Panel - W10083050 - our Kenmore is dead. I used to think Sears was a reliable company -- no more

Our nine month old Kenmore Elite dishwasher broke on Nov 30, 2010, due to a faulty circuit board. We have had the part ordered/re-ordered on 4 separate occasions as Sears cannot stock replacement parts for their own line of appliances.

We have spent countless hours demanding that they either fix it in a reasonable amount of time (they couldn't) or refund our money (Sears refused). They did offer to exchange the defective appliance with a new one with FEWER features. We refused. Our case finally went to the 'Blue Ribbon' case manager who practically gave us a 'take it or leave it' offer of exchange for cheaper model.

Again we refused. After posting numerous negative comments about Sears, their appliances, and their customer service on their website, we got a call from our case manager who stated that he would 'graciously' give us a replacement model with EQUAL features. It arrived 2 days ago. Guess what showed up on our doorstep today?

The replacement parts that we have been waiting for over 7 weeks. Don't let them tell you otherwise...this is a problem with this line of dishwashers.

Ahmen. I hear you.

I have had this part on backorder since October, 2010. The new reported availability date from Sears parts is now 1/18/2011.

I have no confidence that this date will hold.

Please take this into account before purchasing any Kenmore or Whirlpool appliance in the future. They are Not manufactoring replacement parts.

givo.

To Dianne, There is this worker in one of your stores by the name Elvo. I think this young gentleman deserves a raise because I am very pleased with his work. Can you see that he gets a raise?

To FightfortheRight,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I'm truly concerned by what I have read here. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed with the delay of the part needed for your dishwasher. We certainly don’t want our customers frustrated. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (FightfortheRight) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

@Sears Social Media Escalations

I will never again buy any appliance from Sears. The service is awful and takes forever and the products no longer live up to anything that is advertised.

I have been nothing but disappointed in our dishwasher, which has been repaired every year since we bought it and now the dishwasher panel not longer works. Our refridgerator has also been repaired twice. I should not have to buy new appliances every few years. Someone else will get our business.

Oh woe is you Sears. :(

The time to repair 5 weeks falls under to long to repair under you Sears repair policy,demand a new one. If they dont replace it file a attorney general complaint in your state.

View more comments (6)
Review
#208375 Review #208375 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears review in San Jose, California: Sold items not in stock

This is about Sear.com and their connection to all the other stores on their site. Which by the way I didn't know parts of my order were coming from someone else other then them. Seems to me with all that is capable on a website that Sears.com would know instantly if they have the product you want to buy. I know it told me when it didn't have it in the size I needed, so now after 2 day's I get an e-mail from Kmart saying they have to cancel over half my order because they don't have it in stock. NOT IN STOCK at the start of the Christmas season?? Come one can't you do better then that!!!!!!!

anybody want to buy a 1000.00 refridge with a 269.00 warranty for 500.00.Thats the going price for a year and half old piece of **** from sears.NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

View more comments (1)
Review
#208093 Review #208093 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Sears Website

Sears review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Shipped a $400 husqvarna chainsaw that someone had taken home and cracked the handle and scuffed up

I ordered a husqvarna chainsaw online and delivered ups.when i opened the box the handle was cracked and some wear marks that didn't look like they were from shipping. And if you think you're just going to take it back to your local sears store think again, Unless it's a "Sears full line store" you're screwed. My local Sears has SEARS written plain as can be on the building but the guy inside told me "we're not a full line store, watch out when you order online..read the fine print". You can only takes items back to a full line store or leave them on your stoop all day for the UPS guy. Now I have to drive 56 miles to the closest full line store, the customer service rep said "the ones in a mall". Just for fun call the customer service number three or four times 1-800-349-4358 to get a feel of who will deal with you if something happens to your order.
Review
#208033 Review #208033 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sears-Babyshrew reviews do NOT seem legit!

I was on Sear's website and I noticed this one person's (babyshrew)review on a specific item. They did not even own the product, yet they sounded like an advertisement found in a catalog. It stated they must keep these boots in mind come Pay Day?! Then I decided to click a link that allows you to see all their reviews. Some of the reviews says they own the product, and there are others that state they do not. Just in the last 5 years there was a BIG legal issue the Feds got into, about websites boosting their OWN reviews and it would seem good old Sears is doing this very thing, even though it's illegal now. Would you guys please go look and see if you would agree??

Homefix does the same thing on this site. It is annoying.

Review
#207574 Review #207574 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Sears Website
I purchased a Kenmore Elite Trio fridge 3 years ago. Needless to say, this fridge has been terrible and most recently a fire hazard. The ice maker on the fridge failed after 6 months. Tech was sent out and ice maker was replaced. Shortly after, it failed again and...

My ice machine caught on fire in April. It is now August and they are still trying to just replace the ice maker.

Common sense would tell sears there is something wrong with this ice machine and do a recall on it but to this date is has not been done. What is it goi h to take someone dying to do a recall. So far I have read about at least ten people that has had this happen to them two of which their home caught on fire. I will not allow that ice machine to be put back in.

I am under warenty and they will not replace the whole refreg it's called keeping your old customers. But after this experience I will no longer shop at Sear even for a socks. When you do get them on the phone you get passed around to 5 departments some of them you can't understand because they are from a different country. And by the time you finished you have gotten the run around.

Now my doors can't close I have duck tape on it to keep it closed. And a part has to be ordered for that what else is going to happen??? They need to take this mess out of my house. And put one that is safe and works.

And by the way it is a Kenmore Elite side by side. BIG MISTAKE BUYING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments
Review
#207329 Review #207329 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Portrait Studio - Lufkin, Texas

We went to have our Christmas photos taken at Sears Portrait Studio, in Lufkin, Texas earlier today. First thing that happened: the manager lied to us! I'm an honest person, and I really can't stand a liar. As if lying wasn't bad enough, the lady taking the photos was very unprofessional. My fiance and I were using these pictures to introduce our families to the idea that we were getting married soon. We had particular poses we wanted, and we were not even offered to discuss that option. It was basically what the photographer wanted. She didn't listen to our concerns, and she definitely didn't ask us any questions! Last but not least, we were told we could pay by check. My fiance handed the clerk a check. She was new there, and I know mistakes happen. However, there is absolutely no excuse for not asking someone for assistance! Her failure to enter in my fiance's drivers license has banned my fiance from ever writing a check to Sears! He called Tele-Check to discuss these issues. Tele-Check told my fiance that he has been writing too many checks in the past few days (as if it was her place to even say that)!

Do NOT buy anything from Sears Portrait Studio, Lukin, Texas. They will *** then lie about it, with or without new management.

I work for CPI Corp, the company that owns and operates Sears Portrait Studios. I saw your post and I'd like to apologize for the level of customer service you received.

What you described is not at all what we expect from our associates. In order to resolve this issue and address your concerns, I'd really appreciate it if you could email us your contact info at facebook@cpicorp.com.

Thank you so much for posting and making us aware of the situation. Hope to hear from you soon!

View more comments (1)
Review
#207141 Review #207141 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Manager

Sears review in Fairbanks, Alaska: Unsolicited Phone Calls

I live in Fairbanks Alaska. I do not like people trying to sell stuff telephonically and interrupting my personal time. Sears asked me when purchasing a microwave if I wanted an extended warrantee and I declined. Now they have called my house on numerous occasions to extend my factory warrantee. This morning they called me at 5:00 am (AK) time and asked me if I was interested in a great deal. I have asked to have my name ***, and they still call. This is the problem with technology I will never shop with Sears again!!! I will order on line.

You also have the freedom to ignore their phone calls or turn your ringer off at night so it doesnt bother you. and most of the time it is an automated service that calls you.

Review
#207059 Review #207059 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sears Home Service Repair is Terrible

I had made an online appointment with Sears Blue Service crew to fix a 4 year old dryer I bought and had installed by Sears. It was working fine until a few weeks ago when I had a new Sears washer put in and the Sears delivery person had to move my dryer. Since then it wasn't drying clothes like it used to, taking 3-4 cycles. The technician (ID# 1867) arrived almost 45 minutes lates (I had to wait from 8-12, and he arrived late. He said my problem was the vent without him looking. So I moved the dryer for him to show him. He doesn't do anything, says I have to move the washer and removed the laundry areas doors before he work do anything. I told him I'm late for work, but he says he needs time to do a good job. I asked him, why am I doing all the moving and pushing while he stood there. He gives me his card, as I try to ask him what else I should do, he drives away with me trying to catch up to his moving van. I called a local guy later, he fixed it in about 10 minutes charged me 50 bucks. I called Sears, the customer people were nice but I don't get how this technician can treat a customer this rudely and still have a job with a company like Sears. They said they will do something about this but I figured, it's my right to complain, especially since he stole 4 hours of my life, I'm not getting back. So Tony Sears Blue Service Crew Technician ID# 1867, I hope you are having a better day than I am, because you certainly didn't help mine.
Review
#206804 Review #206804 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair

Sears not show up for appointment twice

I am now on my 3rd appt. for Sears to come out, we bought there maintenance contract on 5 five items the sent 2 diffrent tec. ( one works in the lawn & gardening most of the time) the 3rd tech did not make it. I reschedule between 1 & 5 again they did not make it hopefully the 3rd time works. I did do a compaint on there web site got a generic answer. No one can help, We have also bought our appliance from Sears & my husband like there tools but not anymore, guess Sears doesn't want the business. dumb

Bought a new fridge. Icemaker did not work.

No appointment available until a week after we bought it (and reported trouble). Techdidn't call or show up. Repeated calls to service center got same scripted response - I'll pass on the message. Wasted whole day.

I think we'll simply return the item. Maybe lost sales will wake Sears up.

Teresa M

When you have a maintenance agreement with Sears, they will get to you when they *** well feel like it. I had one on a microwave years ago and it took two months and two visits for them to repair it.

They cite "the agreement says we fix it, but not when".

Take the money you'd spend on an agreement next time and start a savings account and use that money when and if your appliance needs repair. You could have anyone you want to repair it then.

I am also in the same boat as you. We bought our Washing Machine (Kenmore Elite front load) less then 1 year ago.

It stopped working around the 1st of November so we promplty called for service (we also have the 5 year protection program on it). We were given another appointment date for Nov 15th which again was cancelled by sears 1 hour before their due arrival time. We have been given another apt time for Nov 23 but was told by the scheduler that there is nothing that is stopping the company from not making that appointment as well.

I am beyond baffled that is even allowed to be done. The machine is not functional, we paid alot of money for the machine and we paid alot of money for the service protection.

View more comments (2)
Review
#206766 Review #206766 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SEARS do not CARE

We bought high end washer and dryer ; the delivery and the installation presented a lot of problems : 1-st delivery - washer was broken, taken back; the installer broke the metallic vent and brought the wrong cord; they were rude and left; 2-nd delivery - brought another washer, could not fix the dryer connection, cussed us out - and took the washer and left ????? When we called Sears customer service the phone was off the hook; the 1-800 customer service person got upset (?) when we asked for help - and switched us to the SPANISH speaking department - ?????? We wasted 2 full days in frustration and anger - how SEARS is going to compensate us for this??? NEVER will buy anything from them AGAIN!!!!
Review
#206683 Review #206683 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Installation