Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Delivery was scheduled 3 time and 3 times was told delivery was not scheduled.

Washer from Sears was delivered not working. Drivers refused to take it back. Delivery of new washer was scheduled 3 times and 3 times was told delivery was not scheduled. Still have broken washer. Disgraceful way to treat a customer. Will take legal action if this is not resolved. Now we are told we are scheduled for Sunday, somehow I do not believe Sears. I will never purchase any applicances from Sears again and will inform my family and friends to stay away from a store that lies to its customers. I always thought Sear"s was a trustworthy store.
Review
#194652 Review #194652 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Spent $5000 - Sears won't make right their broken washer

I wish we had never spent $5000 on two refrigerators, a washer and a dryer. Sears customer service is sooooooooooo bad and I am so frustrated, we contacted a lawyer. We even paid extra for an extended warranty and it is doing no good. This isn't right and I don't know how to tell people everywhere what Sears is doing to us. I hope people read and believe what people like myself are experiencing with Sears and re-think whether to buy any more appliances from them. We are so upset that no one from this company will help us.
Review
#194516 Review #194516 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears in Sarnia, Ontario - Sear Canada protection agreement big SCAM

Sear Canada, will sell you appliances that will break down within 12 months period..and their protection agreement does not pay any services to the client..once they got your money. On Oct 2008 I purchased a $3500.00Kitchen Aid double door fridge..Within 6 month the problems began..The technician advice to me was I to get a protection agreement as soon as possible, since I was going to go through many more repairs. So I did!. On Nov 2009 my fridge started to freeze on the top shelve. By Jan 2010 the refrigareator became a frezeer..All my food began to freeze from top to the bottom shelve.I called the service department the technician came two weeks after to access the problem. He order a new part which took 2 3weeks to arrive..and it was the wrong part..I waited for another 3 weeks. The problem persisted..the same part has been change 3 times. Other parts had also been changed and until now I am still serving every morning frozen milk to my children for breakfast. The eggs and vegetables get frozen and end up in the trash. I had asked for a new fridge, according to the protection agreement after 3 repairs I should get a new fridge or my money back..However, SEARS refuses to refund or exchange the fridge, because as long as the fridge is reparable and pieces are available and the technician does not called it IRREPARABLE..I am not entitle to a new fridge.I guess I will have to live with a fridge that is constantly in need of repair and continue buying their protection agreement. The fridge will continue to break down every month. The technician will never call it irreparable, because , as long as he can find parts and change it even it the part breaks down again within a week.he does not care he got a job. For sure he will never be out of job!!as long as he can change parts!! As per today Aug 18 my fridge was still waiting for a part that was order 4 weeks ago, the technician show up at my place with the wrong part again.. So far I had have 4 repairs done to the fridge and 3 wrong parts order. Sad to said that for the past 8 months a huge multinational corporation in North America has failed to care his costumer and their product ***!! I will never buy big ticket item at SEAR CANADA...again.I had spoken to friends about this issue and they also had had they share with SEARS Next step will be consumer report complain and court.
Review
#194452 Review #194452 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Sercice Agreement Bull ***

I called Sears on August 2 for an appointment for a tech to look at my A/C unit. No call back. Finally on Tuesday August 10 we get a call. They tell me the technician is down, whatever that means. There is no technician in my area to come check out my unit. I call them for 2 weeks with promises they will call me back. No one ever calls. My A/C unit has been leaking all over my basement since last summer. We called about it last summer and got the *** around and gave up. Now there is mold growing on the ducts and the vents are condensating on my wood floor around every vent. We've been getting empty promises for 2 weeks. Do not buy the service agreement. It's full of great things and you think "Oh wow I'll never have to spend anything to get my stuff fixed" well it's all ***. My next call will be to a lawyer.
Review
#193950 Review #193950 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears ripped us off

I registered my wedding with Sears.ca My cousin ordered an espresso maker (which was on sale at the time - ya!) and had it sent to the store for pickup. I got a call from Sears to come pick up my item and, by the time I arrive, Sears decided that the item was damaged and shipped it back to their warehouse (or wherever). Fine - problem is that Sears now expects my cousin to again order the item and me to come pick it up again. Ok, so that's annoying and ***, but whatever. When my cousin orders the item again, it is no longer on sale and he has to pay full price! So, Sears screws up their delivery, screws up by sending it back, screws up by making me come in for nothing - and for all their screw ups, they expect us to pay more. I contacted Sears many times before getting them to agree that all of this was their screw up and getting them to refund the difference. I've been trying to contact them to prove that they didn't screw up AGAIN - to make sure this is resolved properly. They've ignore me... You've been warned...
Review
#193616 Review #193616 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Service

Purchase a Kenmore refrig model 6093. The new refrig uses more power than the 20 year old I replaced. It runs all the time and is very noisy, plus the electric compressor creates static noise on the AM radio. Call Sears, you get some overseas answering service. Was on the phone for hour and got no help. Finally called the local Sears store where I picked it up at. Since I was an internet order they cannot help me. Call Sears warranty and repair, the service tech cannot fix. This the current Kenmore designs. Another American made piece of ***.

Dear Ekayser ,

I apologize for the late response to your post. I wanted to offer help. I'm sorry to hear about your Kenmore refrigerator making so much noise and giving you problems. I can see the concern and frustration. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Ekayser) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Sears Cares

Review
#193609 Review #193609 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair
Loss

Sears in Edmonton, Alberta - Forgot to send paperwork to warehouse for a delivery

Our hot water tank was leaking and we needed to replace it ASAP. Our previous one was installed by Sears Canada so we decided to go back. The kid at the counter had only worked there for 5 weeks and admitted he didn't know how to fill out the paperwork. His manager was completely incompetent - didn't even acknowledge us as he helped his sales clerk fill out the forms. Then he had to void the transaction and redo it because he made a mistake. After at least 30 minutes we walked out with a receipt and an install date. My wife stayed home the day we expected the installer to show up and when 4:00 came and went she called the store. She was told to call back at 9:30 am the next day as the warehouse office was closed. The next day she called the warehouse and they had not received the paperwork and had no idea we were to have a hot water tank installed the previous day. So, we're still waiting for the tank, we've lost a days wages waiting for them to come and will lose another days wages when they finally show up. I'm going to complain to the store general manager and demand a refund of our installation fee. If we don't get that back they will have lost a customer for good. In the past we've bought all new kitchen appliances as well as $5000 worth of leather furniture from Sears. When the delivery guys brought the furniture they were in such a hurry to remove the plastic that they sliced a big gash in the leather. I'm pissed at Sears
Review
#193440 Review #193440 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Installation

Sears in Newark, New Jersey - Repair Service - 6.5 weeks - 6 App'ts - Still Not Working

Never again will we buy from Sears. In my humble opinion Sears Service is beyond HELP. We bought a Sears Washer and a Dryer 18 months ago. Two months ago our Dryer malfunctioned (the timer stopped working, and the Dryer will not stop running). We have had 6 appointments over the past 6.5 weeks, and the dryer is still NOT fixed. P.S. We were charged for the service and part right off the bat. I have spent 6 times (days) waiting for Sears Service technicians, each "wait" was 4 hours long. In addition I have spent numerous hours on the phone to no avail. We spoke to 1(800)469-4663(Beyond USELESS). We spoke to 1(800)479-6351 (Empathetic, but of no help). We spoke to (973)989-7440 Very empathetic, but of no help). Sears Service has twice mailed a (REBUILT) replacement timer. The first one was defective, the second one has yet to be installed. I should have read this blog/board before June 2010. Live and learn.

We had a front washer and dryer since April 2010. It was a Samsung that is suppose to be reliable.

The first repair came soon after where the washer did not have the 13 gallons filling up. The repairman sadi that it is still washing no big deal. yet the clothes did not come out clean. Second service call dryer turned on during the night all by it self and got extremely hot on the exterior.

Could have caught on fire. Repairman said he has no diagnostic tools to check circuit board and did nothing but leave. Next week the LE code was on washer when I walked into a flooded laundry room. Repairmen could not repair this because he said only can repair if he sees the code light on.

But since it takes a week or more for them to come out the light was off. I called and complained about the washer and dryer and was told I could replace them. The new ones arrived but were the wrong ones. These actually worked and filled up to 13 gallons but were low end Samsung.

So this weekend got the replacements to my more expesive model...same thing does not fill up to the 13 gallons.

Funny how the low end ones worked and the expensive models do not. I do not know what to do now.

It's the 7th week.

The last service call appears to have fixed the Dryer.

Hooray.

javascript:ac_smilie(':zzz')

SamE PMP

javascript:ac_smilie(':cry')

View more comments (2)
Review
#193426 Review #193426 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair

Sears in Red Wing, Minnesota - Service for a Kenmore Elite steam

I will never buy another product from Sears ever-they have the worst customer service I have ever came in contact with-First this joke of a service they have-I had to take the morning off from work to wait around for them-Not sure if they are coming from Canada or what-they gave me a timeline of 8-12-1130 called them -it takes 2 days for them to find your account-then they tell me they have a previous phone number on my account I explained to this dip that I have spoken to 2 different to update my information-Not sure she even understands english-then after I tell her I am very upset -she puts me on hold and says she called dispatch and he is on his way?? I received a call 10 minutes later-he will be here in 45 minutes-now I could of had a local repairman here this morning but no I *** work and wait around-not to mention it takes them 3 weeks or more to get you set up with a repairman! Not impressed-if they are that backlogged they should hire more people-my washer is a piece of junk as well and they will not stand behind because I didnt purchase a warranty-my washer is only a year old-I shouldnt be held hostage to purchase a warranty-they should stand behind their products!!!UGH

cust service for sears is in India. Best way to get fast service is befriend a repairman that works for them and then go thru them to get the appointment.

They can get you an appt usually within a few days. Yes sears repair is understaffed and underpaid. They expect the repairmen to work long hours, get 100% first trip repairs and do up to 10-14 calls a day depending on where you are at. This causes the repairman once he gets to your house to work faster and for a younger repairman maybe misdiagnose it.

The stress put on a repairman is extreme. Faulty computer equipment and wrong service order info or lack of it makes the job take longer. Their repairmen can't even order electronic boards or controls without authorization from a higher source. Had one with *** burnt thru it.

The higher source told repairman to replace a different part and wouldn't authorize the board. Repairman argued and replaced the board anyway. Said he will get in trouble but he fixed the machine. If sears would let the repairmen do their job without the handcuffs then they could do a better job like they used to.

Remember that survey they call you with after the repairman leaves. well that survey only regards to the repairman that was working on your appliance. Not the company or way the call was handled by Sears. Take in mind that this repairman can be terminated if they get to many bad surveys.

If they fixed your machine give them a good survey. If they did a great job with your repair call their local personell office and tell them also. It will make that repairman more willing to come back and do a great job again should you ever need them again.

As for the warranty on your mach. call the manufacturer for a concession if it is just out of warranty.

Review
#193119 Review #193119 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Will never shop again. Make sure you never have to return anything to sears without a receipt

I was returning a pair of Docker pants that I had received as a gift about 2 months ago. I didn't have the receipt so I was prepared if the store had told me they were a little cheaper than what was the original purchase price due to the fact that I didn't have a receipt. I know they give you what the last sale price was. IN all the years that I have shopped in Sears I have never seen a pair of pants for $4.99. The price tag on the pants I had was $48.00. When the store manager finally arrived it was like we were bothering him and all the cashier would keep saying is get me a gun so I can be out of my misery. According to the manager the pants in 2 months have lost almost all of there value even my car doesn't depriciate that fast. All I wanted was to swap my pair for a larger size. They didn't have the same pants that I had so I picked up something that was comparable and was told again all I could recieve was a credit for 4.99. I asked the manager you show me where in this store can buy a pair of pants for 4.99 his answer was still the same that is how much they have depreciated too. I will never shop in sears again and I have made many purchases from Sears for tools and many other products.

You are right! Tasha needs to get a job at Sears.

She is uneducated, obviously has lots of spare time and is a low life. That pretty much covers the requirements for her to snag a job at Sears!

Tasha,

You need lots of help this cashier was saying this to everybody. Who the *** to say the things you were saying I have a great family you sound like you need to find someone who would like you or even want to be around a nut like you.

I am a very happy person can't say the same for you. Hey maybe you should get a job at sears.

YOU need to go straight to ***(which you will if you will kindly get a gun yourself)....*** #####! Maybe YOU should kill yourself and do everyone who knows you a huge favor.

The poster did not have a receipt. Read the post TASHA before you respond or better yet..get a gun and finish yourself off.

also, learn now to spell! Miserable is your middle name...spell it correctly!

Wow Tasha thats a little harsh it sounds like you are the one with issues. The cashier at sears wants to shoot herself because, she's a cashier at sears

I also have lost all intrest in sears for there return policies they do not stand behind there products at all

The managers are the worst and usless

The craftsman name is ***

Obviously if the cashier was thinking of suicide just from dealing with you you are a horrible person. I wonder how many other people would think of suicide just dealing with you.

Your parents and siblings probably did kill themlselves just because they are related to you by blood. Maybe the reason that you needed a larger size was because you are lazy. Too lazy to return the pants earlier. You had no receipt so your own fault.

Maybe behaving in such a manner that will not make people want to kill themlseves just dealing with you would be a good start to becoming a better person. You are obviously a miseribal person.

View more comments (4)
Review
#192958 Review #192958 is a subjective opinion of poster.