Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears is the wors service repair

Calgary In 29 Mai we buy at sears Chinook center a new fridge Sam sung and we buy addition insurance for 5 years cost $419.99 ,2 week later the ice maker is broken we call service center to do repair,and they sent the first technician on 07/13 so hi say ok i gone to order the ice maker to replace,and on 07/25 they call at my home to make appointment so they can fixed the ice maker,on 07/28 the technician coming wrong time and wrong day no body home,so i call back and i get bigger shirt on the phone by there employer because i am not home,and i say because they mess up the appointment so they rebook another appointment,the third technician so up on 08/23 and hi as me what is wrong? i so surprise the guy thing no any thing about the ice maker is broken and hi dint have any part to replace so the guy left,i call back to the center they have no idea what go and on,so again they make more appointment on 08/28 and the guy so up with the part yeeee... and the guy star to replace the ice maker but still not work and hi say oh i have to order electronic plate at the back to make them work so his left,2 week later i have the new guy coming to replace electronic panel soon his start nothing is working so hi fin out they order the wrong panel and the guy tell me hi will other this time the right one hi say i mess sure i will be the one coming back next time to fix you fridge so his left until 10/14,surprise the technician coming back but is not the same guy ??? that what hi promises,any way the guy start to replace the panel bang???? surprise is not working again??? the guy say sorry hi have to order other one,so is take 5 month still not fix for one ice maker and i been see and have there technician so up at my home,they have total 15 technician to do the job for one city population over 1 million that why they never can be done any job is the worse service ever i thing no one shout go to buy any thing from Sears you don't get help or get any thing from them after,get away from Sears for ever
Review
#202852 Review #202852 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sears review in Surrey, British Columbia: No furniture delivered!

We purchased a couch from Sears in Langley BC - early Sept with a delivery date of Sept 29th. We received a call on the 29th saying that it would be coming the next day - Nothing arrived! We left for holidays and gave the house sitter instructions to expect the couch - nothing! Now it is Oct 13th and after 5 un-returned call to our sales lady Judy (don't every use her)and an un-returned call to the manager, I finally called the head office customer service - they found my couch and are sending it over on Set 16th!!! No impressed!
Review
#202641 Review #202641 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Delivery Service

Sears review in Ballwin, Missouri: I have been waiting 12 days for a frig repair

I made an appointment for ice maker repair and was given one 1 week later. That call was cancelled that am. I was given another for today Oct 13. I called 2x to make sure the tech was coming. I finally got a call 20 min before the time expired saying that they were not coming. The next appt would be 5 days later. The first person I spoke to was not helpful. All I heard were excuses. After speaking to Tony in dispatch and being demanding I finally got a morning appt for tomorrow which is not convenient. I am not happy
#203527

SEARS IS NOW A JOKE I HAVE BEEN WAITING A MONTH FOR SERVICE ALWAYS NO SHOW THEN THEY WANT TO CRY WHEN COMPANIES CLOSE THIS HOW IT HAPPENS

#200411

Washing machine broke on Sep 20th - have the Sears 5 year warranty (what a joke). First appt available was Oct 2nd!

Tech called to tell us he did not have the parts-they had to be ordered! Sears did nothing between being notified and the first appt (12 days-they were given the Error Code on Sep 20th) Had to wait for back ordered parts with next appt Oct 14th.

They missed today's appt too!!! Warranty is a joke - an expensive joke with no service behind it! Without my washer for 24 days and no one at Sears cares!

Sears customer service is soooo insulated - there is "no one" to talk to who can rectify an issue - no manager, no supervisor, no executive, NO ONE!

You have to write a letter to Sears Corporate - good luck with that - they are the same people who insulated themselves from the issues their customers are having! bwwhitman@cox.net

View more comments (1)
Review
#202520 Review #202520 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Customer Satisfaction - What a joke!

I Came from a family that was loyal to Sears and purchased all our home appliances, tools, auto batteries exclusively from them. In 1998 we purchased from a small Sears store in our small country town an expensive riding mower. We added the home service contract and the extended warranty bringing the price to over $2400.00. After about 45 minutes of use the coil went out and this is a part that should never fail. I contacted Sears for the in home service and nobody ever showed. I called and was told that nobody was home and yet we were. I rescheduled and again nobody showed. This time I called and asked for the part to be shipped to me and they told me that I would have to go to the nearest parts center which was 80 miles away. When I got to the parts center they apologized and said that there had been a design flaw and they had replaced the coils with a new design and gave me the part. After putting the new coil on and running the mower for about 30 minutes another part that should never fail did so. This time the height adjustment on the left side of the deck sheared in half dropping the left side of the deck on to rocks and ruining one of the blades. After two more calls for in home service that never showed up and continued to claim nobody was home I was forced to make the 80 mile trip for parts. The service center people this time were about as friendly as a angry badger. They agreed that the deck height adjustment was flawed part and agreed to replace it but in the same breath told me that the blade was clearly customer abuse and refused to replace it. I tried to reason with them and explained that I only needed to replace the blade from the side that the height adjustment failed on. The damage was caused by that parts failure and got no where. While there I got the replacement blade and their names then the contact information for Sear's customer satisfaction guarantee and left. I put the parts on and after 45 minutes the coil failed again. I tried calling Sears and could only get voice mail. That night my first letter with all the details and issues requesting a refund of my money since in two weeks we had only been able to use the mower for may be 2 hours. I never got a response. I didn't even try the in home service this time I just made the 80 mile trip for another coil. After an hour and twenty-five minutes it went out and so did another letter requesting a refund. Still no response. Another 80 mile trip and after installing it failed after 45 minutes. This time I used the legal plan I had as part of my benefits and they sent Sears a letter. What surprised me the most was how fast Sears responded to them. The VP of customer relations refused to do anything about my having to buy blades even though it was their fault. He even went on to say that the small Sears stores are only franchises and they are not required to honor the Customer Satisfaction guarantee and how I should have made my purchases at a big Sears store in a mall. With out waiting for a response from me my lawyer shot back at them telling them yes they were responsible. The VP then responded offering only 60% of the purchase price saying how this was no longer new and could not be sold as such and to take it or leave it but that is all they would do. My lawyer pointed out that if they sued Sears they would almost certainly win but that it would take years to settle and that the costs would eat up any settlement. He said that sadly it really was not worth the effort. In the 12 years since then we have bought two sets of washer and dryers, two refrigerators, one freezer, one dishwasher, two stoves, three microwaves, an assortment of small kitchen items like mixers etc..., a large assortment of hand and power tools, and numerous auto batteries and none of it from Sears. To tell the truth the only time we go into a Sear's store now is so we can cut through it to get to our true destination. Your loss Sears!
Review
#202339 Review #202339 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Replacement

Sears

Very expensive and do not care about the customer. I purchase siding at the cost of $22,000. This was done less than 10 yrs.I was told I have 100 yrs quantity. This spring damages was done to my home. The answer was we don't give out contact of such only after reviewing my receipts and the company which provide the labour do not exist anymore / and sears said that is not their responsibility. I did sign a Credit Card with sears for 14,000 and pay the rest in check. The CC was for the purchase of the siding.
Review
#202307 Review #202307 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears review in Los Angeles, California: Waiting Since Sept 14th NOW Oct 11th

On September 14th I called in my refrigertor that is under warranty. The soonest they could come out was the 21st. They did not fix so I called that day at 5PM and was told they could not help me and to call next day. I called at 8AM and explained the problem. The repairman was going to be there in the AM on Thursday. The Sears office called me and said that the repairman would be there at 1PM. Of course, he never showed. I then called at 3PM and was told he would call me in 3 to 5 minutes. He was a No Show! Finally, a guy came out the next day (23rd) and he checked his computer and no one showed on Thursday. On the 24th he order parts and said on Monday. Of course the parts did not show up until October 7th in the AM. I called to tell them that I had the parts. Thus an appointment time was set up for the 11th in the afternoon. On the 11th at 8:05AM i called to confirm and everything was fine. However, at 3PM I called again since no one showed. Of course, they could not find the appointment this time. We finally settled on the 13th in the AM. I canceled my other 4 warranties except for the refrigertor. Once it is repaired, I'll cancel that warranty and mail you my cut up credit card. I will never shop at Sears again (been a 30+ year customer). It should not take a month to fix a refrigertor. I am Not Santa Claus! You have the worst customer service - it was not that way in the past. Now I know why my neighbors told me not to shop at Sears. Sears is within walking distance to my house. Once the refrigerator is fixed, I'll remove the sign on my front lawn. If I do not hear back from you before November 1st, I will pass out flyers in the parking lot to let others know about your service!!!! By the way, why do you have a corporate phone to hear complaints when you can't do anything?

Yes ...3 weeks for delivery...go to use the appliance and it's all messed up...no worries they'll be out on the 23nd of December. NOT NO COME PICK IT UP!!!!

Diane,

Can you spell the products you are selling or repairing?

#201383

Wow Sears now goes online to find customers' problems and writes them on a blog. No wonder why they only pay minimum wage.

What would "Sears Cares Escalations" offer to that customer????

A $10.00 gift card or something *** like that? So dear Sears management, find something better to spend your money on, (like actually helping customers) instead of paying people to search blogs and write to them.

#199940

Purchase anything from Sears?? I will never purchase from them again!!!

I remodeled a kitchen, purchased all new appliances from Sears including 2 front load washers, 2 dryers.

My front load Kenmore washer died first day first load. I am not going into the aggravation I experienced with sears.

I will NOT buy from them again. :( :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset

#199637

To Bleuze,

My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here regarding your refrigertor. I can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Bleuze) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dan B
#199535

I feel for you. I too, once lived walking distance from Sears and bought a refrigerator from Sears that was delivered when they said they would and it out lived it's warranty.

I now think I was lucky or it was back when Sears was a trusted name.

I am now an ex-Sears customer of 40 years. I hope it works out for you and keep us updated.

View more comments (5)
Review
#202219 Review #202219 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Home damaged by Sears installer

I had purchased 2 high end stainless steel appliances from Sears and they were delivered and installed June 12, 2010. The 2 jokers who delivered my refrigerator had no club on how to get my refrigerator through the door and then told me it would not fit in the space where my previous one was. I had to tell them to take the doors off to bring into the house and then told them a way that it would fit in the allotted space. I am a small female unlike the 2 burly guys. Their installer from American Home Service damaged my adjoining cabinet when installing my dishwasher. I immediately called to report this and hoping that they would send someone out to repair my cabinet. Never heard from them. After a few weeks I started calling and Sears kept giving me different phone numbers and never geting satisfaction. Was also told to call their insurance company, Sedgwick, which I did and was given a case number and telling me they would "get back to me". Anoother wait with no call backs. When I call them again they can't find the case # nor do they know the person I spoke with. Went to Sears website for chat and they take the info and said I would be contacted shortly. Shortly never came. After many more phone calls to different numbers, being transferred multiple times I spoke with someone who asked me to send an estimate, gave me email address and case number. I had no clue as to who to call for this estimate and called kitchen remodelers who were not interested in this small job. Finally one of them told me to contact a handy man. I found one online and he came out and gave me the estimate. Sent this off in email to where I was told to send it. Waited another 2 weeks or so and no reply. I again caled Sears and nobody knew where I had sent it and had no idea whose email address it was that it was sent to. More runaround!!!!! After some time of going thru all of this I was given another number and this person said they would track this down. Anyhoo, when they did find the estimate they said they would submit it for payment. Called me later to say it was approved and I should be getting the check. Needless to say I never have gotten the check. They contacted me again to tell me they would send it to the handyman. I am insisting that it comes to me and I feel I can take it from there. They are still refusing even though I signed a form saying I would release them from any future liabiliy for the damage. I called Sears CO in IL but they are unable to do anything about this. Sears is losing my business. This was my first and last purchase. I am remodeling a 2nd property and will need appliances, flooring, furniturer, etc which I figure will amount to at least 30K. If Sears does not want to look out for their customers then I do not want any association again with them. I even asked them if they could credit my account in the amount of the damages but they refuse to do so. My next step is to talk to an attorney and perhaps at least take them to small claims court which will cost them more in the long run. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. This has been an old sayng that Sears needs to be reminded of.
#199647

To Ms. DesertGal,

My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here. I can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (DesertGal) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

#199344

Send a certfied letter to Sears CEO Edward Lambert, Sears Holding 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179. If his complaint department does not get your problem taken care of IN A TIMELY MANNER, File a complaint with your states Attorney Generals office against Sears.

View more comments (1)
Review
#202105 Review #202105 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair

Sears review in Houston, Texas: Terrible delivery experience

I ordered shoes for a relative. When I opened the box, 1 item was damaged, another was the wrong model. I had to google sears to find the customer service number. They kept me on the phone for 1 hr 10 mins! They refused to acknowledge the special deals that I enjoyed when I ordered( which is why I ordered with them in the 1st place), and wanted to charge full price + delivery for an exchange. Finally i am supposed to feel lucky that I got charged full price and bigger delivery fee, but $10.00 will be credited to my visa "later". I hope they do, I will update
#204958

Ordered the Women's size 8.5 Coconuts Gray Fox shoe online. Pd.

for expedited shipping and got it a day late! RECEIVED a hideous brown snakeskin street worker shoe. Gave them a chance since the other shoes were the classy, officey shoe I'd love to have, and the same thing happened. (Ordered 9/11 and 1 week later.) Today, NO RESOLUTION.

(10/27/10) Got a $50 "giftcard" from sears 2 weeks ago which took forever to spend since the sears.com website CRAWLS. Since I had to return the shoes to the store and got a CSR who did my refund wrong,so wrong it didn't go through because I paid through paypal and though I implored her several times to ask for a manger, she did after the fact, messing up pair #1's transaction refund. Finally a disgruntled and rude manager appeared. She was very mean to the CSR who was maybe 19, same age as my son and so I told the CSR when the manager left, that I felt bad for her and I'd get it straightened out.

I asked the mager questions while she processed #2 and she told me she was busy. I'd asked if, since she didn't verify #1 as done right or wrong and I wanted the money on a giftcard to spend in the store that day, if both sums were going to be on the one card or how she was doing it. I let her manager know and she got ripped. ;) I suggest you call sears and ask for the following escalation manger in the resolution dept.

It may take a few days for a call back but this EM Robert, who subsequently gave me the card, called me earlier today as a matter of fact (10/28, it is 10/27 12:19am now) and he has been great. His name is Robert. His number is 1 888 266 4043 Ext. 91.

Let me know how it works out for you as he valiantly tries to save Sears's butt. ;) I ordered 3 pairs of shoes on Sat. 10/23, with the giftcards I had, and they still have not shipped them.

Ugh. :upset

Review
#201901 Review #201901 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Delivery Service

Sears can't coordinate a repair in less than 2 weeks.

Teh power supply unit for my Samsumg Plasma TV went out. We called Sears Home Solutions and they "order the part" and stated that it would arrive on October 1. On October 2, we called again and the rep stated that we were mistaken, the part was shipped on October 1. It would be there in 5 business days. We called on October 5, when the service tech came and did not have a part, only to find out that the order was "cancelled" for the part. The part was ordered with 2 day delivery to arrive on Friday, October 7. We scheduled a tech to install between 5-7 PM that afternoon. The part showed up but the tech did not. Now the tech is supposed to be in on Monday. I will have to let my lawyer separate me from Sears in small claims court, I guess?
#199650

To Searshater,

My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Searshater) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Review
#201848 Review #201848 is a subjective opinion of poster.
This is a long, drawn out issue with the Sears credit card processing center. I made a payment of $288 and it was cashed on 8/6. However, about three weeks later, I started getting calls from a collections agency. It appears that the credit was never applied to my...
#219511

Will never step foot or spend 1 dime with Sears/Kmart ever again. After 12 years have having a Sears credit card and spending over 20K in that time they jump my interest rate to 24% and wouldn't make concessions. They can shove it!

View more comments
Review
#201711 Review #201711 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product