Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
As a former associate of Sears Optical, I can tell you that working for Luxottica (that owns Sears Optical) is not a company that I would recommend any decent, moral, optician that values their optical skills would want to work for. If you are over 50 and make too...

Worst place of employment ever....at least the downstairs Danbury CT store is. ERICA, the wanna-be manager is a control freak who screws around with hours, lies and is as dishonest as a person could be.

She discriminates and sabotages any employee who doesn't jump when she demands that they do so.

She plays with the books, covers for her buddies and changes hours without notice. It is now my mission to make sure she is fired.

View more comments
Review
It is borderline offensive to not provide a more accurate time for a home appointment and beyond offensive that a customer who spent nearly $1800 for a riding mower in need of repair is not even provided with the most basic information of which number they are on the...

WOW your days always go exactly as planned? I want to be you.

Because in my world @^$# happens, and I don't get to *** and complain, because I'm a grown up. And somewhere along the way I learned that sometimes things just don't go as planned. And you have to suck it up and take notice that you're just not that special.

Things happen to everybody even you, thats the rules of the game. Theres only one way to quit the game and that would be a silly over a service call don't you think?

Sears Repair

Sears in Bradley, IL

Recently bought a new washer and dryer from this store. They first delivered the wrong set then four WEEKS later when they delivered the correct item, the delivery people banged it up during the delivery so it had to be taken back. Another four WEEKS go by and they deliver and try to get me to pay for the FREE delivery because that promotion ended two weeks earlier. Kept receiving bills for the "free" delivery and ended up spending over three hours total on the phone to get it straightened out. Total waste of my time and energy will not shop there again.

Sears lied replacement windows

Sears Home Improvement Sales Person 2-12-10(Mark Dorn) said they would double caulk windows. Preson who measured windows said they may have to replace some frames on windows. 3-3-10 Sears workers installed 13 windows 10 were 3 inches too small so they put wood on the windows.The worker spoke very little english so when I complaint to them. 4-12-10 Another contractor looked at windows. Robert Gironimi District Production Manager said the windows looked fine they would not replace them. The windows look unprofessional and hoard. I told Robert Gironimi the work wasn't what I agreed to. He didn't care.
Sears Replacement

Sears in Madison, Wisconsin - Centeral Air Conditioning ripoff

My centeral air conditioner broke down in the summer of '07. Figured I'd get a new unit installed thru Sears as most of their appliances are good. They quoted me a price for a new unit, slab, installation, etc. Well, they installed it allright, but instead of using a new 'high tech' slab that the outside unit rests on... they used the same old 30yr old piece of concrete the original was on. After a hundred of calls to them and hearing "we'll credit your account"... guess what? They still haven't credited me. $250 for nothing. Thanks sears.

Sears Bad Service Department

Sears has the worst service department I have ever dealt with. When you go to shop for appliances, they make it sound as if they will be there for you all the way through. Wrong! When you call, the answering machine keeps transferring you from machine to machine (three in total) then when you finally reach the "one,"they put you on hold forever. Then they hang up on you and you have to start the whole process again. But you still end up having to go to the nearest store, which is the next town all aggravated by poor service. I ended up returning the appliances just so I never have to deal with Sears ever again. Bad Experience.
Review
To make a long story short, Sears 'Loss Prevention' is a complete and total joke with clearly only *** working. I was chased down the street (twice), accused of stealing my own sunglasses that I purchased at H&M the year prior, treated like a common thief,...

Put them out of business

View more comments
Sears Manager

Sears in Richardson, Texas - WARRANTY R------------RIP OFF

SHORT AND SWEET. I BOUGHT FLAT SCREEN AND 250.00 EXTENDED WARRANTY. NOW 8 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD. I USED THE WARRANTY AND STAMPED IN "RED" SECRETLY" TO MY SUPRISE "QUOTE". A ONE TIME REPLACEMENT ON "CERTAIN" PARTS "I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THIS "DURING" THE SALE PARTS. WELL "SUPRISE". I WILL GO TO SEARS OR BEST BYE .BEST BYE ALWAYS DID ME RIGHT. THEY DO HONOR THERE WARRANYT'S. NO PEA AND SHELL GAMES. PERIOD. THANKS ALOT. HI HO ,IT'S OFF TO SEARS OR BEST BYE.I GO. THANKS FOR THE LESSON.. I GOT FRIED.. AN X CUSTOMER
Review

Sears in Naples Florida..horrible place to buy anything !!

On February 14, 2010 I purchased a game table Sportcraft 3 in 1. It was a floor model and the salesman told me that it was in new condition and with all the attachments that came from factory. It was schedule to be deliver the following Saturday. I paid $ 75.00 for that delivery. The following week I waited all day for that table to arrive, about 5:00pm I called the store to confirm that was coming and was told that it was on the way. Around 7:00pm I received a call from the store telling me that they had a problem with the company that they subcontract and they would not be able to deliver the game table, to stop by the store to get credit for the delivery fee of $ 75.00. About 9:00pm I received a call from the subcontractor apologizing for the inconvenience and advised me that his truck broke down and that was the reason that he could no deliver the table and offer to do the delivery the following week free of charge. The following week the table was delivered around 7:00pm but one of the games was missing, the ping-pong table, the driver advised me that Sears did not gave him the ping-pong top. The next day I went to the store and explained to them about the credit for the delivery. The assistant manager gave me the $ 75.00 credit, once that was done I ask for the ping-pong table she told me that I had to speak directly with the salesman that she did not know anything about that, at that moment I request to speak to the floor manager. I explained to him what happened and he told me that will talk to the salesman and will call me within 1 hour and I left the store. No one ever called me from that store. The next day I call for the manager and he did not want to talk to me. Up to now no one from Sears has bother to call me to give me an explanation why they sold me a complete set and received an incomplete merchandise All I wanted was I complete game table and they delivered an incomplete set and a lot aggravations. I've continued to call the store but no one from management return my calls, they always on a meting or not to be found on the floor i really don't know who to call anymore.

I bought a new washer and dryer. They installed it incorrectly and ruined a load of wash.

They refused to take care of it.

Avoid them at all costs. Terrible customer service!

Called Sears 4 a svc call for our washer/dryer cuz it leaks when using certain settings. Was told someone would be at our home between 7a-12p.

Got a call @ 8:45a by someone who said they didn't have the parts we needed, cuz they were told that they were to do a pm. Supposedly they were gonna call someone else to help us. Meanwhile, we waited until I asked my husband to call around 10:20a, & he was told someone was still coming. Guess what?!

No one showed up!! Meanwhile, we had a couple if parts break on our fridge. Got 3 out of 4 parts. 2nd delivery just 2day...still wrong!

Sears has gotten sooo bad. Will NEVER buy anything from then ever again.

SEARS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sears delivery in Naples is awful. I live in St.

Louis and have a condo in Naples. I purchased a bed and washer/dryer in STL and arranged for it to be delivered in Naples. We drove to Naples and expected deliver the next day after we arrived. The delivery folks called my cell at 7am and when no one answered, they cancelled the delivery for that day.

I had already received a confirmation call that the delivery would be made between 1pm-3pm. When I listened to their 7am message around 8:15, I called and was put on hold. After a very, very long hold on my cell, I hung up. I tried the Customer Service 800 number twice and was told both times that someone would contact me.

Never happened. We desperately needed the bed so I called my sales rep in St. Louis. I told her the situation, we hung up and then she called me back in 30 minutes after she spoke to the delivery manager in Naples.

They told her that is was a routing problem (not true) and that they had spoken to me and offered me $50 for my trouble (NOT TRUE!). The bed and appliances were delivered 48 hours later after numerous calls changing the delivery time.

That was the end of May and I still don't have the $50. I've never had a problem like that in STL.

We have been buying linens and such to decorate homes and the staff are always very helpful and friendly.

If there are problems.........it usually comes from the top, (trying to save money) and all it ever does is cost money by losing customers.

So wake up management! Customer service is your bread and butter.

Also for those of you complaining about uneducated staff................at least they are working to earn a living. Would you rather they sit on social assistance? I find these people usually the most helpful and gracious. I find the problem lies with the higher educated management. It is they who feel they are too qualified to be bothered by your concerns and therefore never resolve the issues .

Purchased fridge from them and dooor seals would not seal after 2 years. Since they did not have the right seals to replace they needed to replace both doors.

That would not be covered under the warrentee. Sears wanted to give us a 500.00 credit or pay 1500.00 to get it fixed. Long story short the 500.00 credit we got only could be used on another appliance which was less that 500.00. We could not apply that money to a new fridge.

after we got the run around for about 2 hours after speaking with the sales person and manager of the department and then the regional manager we finally gave up.

NEVER WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. They are complete idiots.

Hmmmmm looking at the post from Sears in Longwood...... I can't begin to imagine what is wrong with this company.

How about if they start by hiring people who can write a basic sentence and perhaps go so far as to require a HS Diploma.

What a joke.... Learn the language and learn to write before you post anything.

Go straight to the top! Call the President of the company and calmly atate your case.

*** flows downhill. Sears would not want to lose consumers in this economy!!!

I swore I would never again enter a Sears store or buy anything from them again. I had one of their Fridges that *** near caught the house on fire.

It was under warranty but refused to replace it. They made me wait 2 weeks for service and just replaced parts.

When I reached customer service management, they all just hung up the phone on me.

Very poor image when I needed them to shine for me..

“There is no need for anyone to be cold, hungry, homeless or in poverty. All these things are caused by the lack of pieces of paper and electronic numbers called money circulating in the world and by the charging of interest on them. We could change that today if the desire was there” David Icke

The bankers can accumulate and manipulate businesses by accepting, or refusing, loans.

The whole house of cards, and the control of the human race, is based on the charging of interest on money. The subject of interest is crucial. There is nothing wrong with money if it is used only as a measure of exchange for goods and services. It is when you can charge interest on money, most of which doesn’t physically exist, that enormous dangers arise.

You can then make more money from manipulating pieces of paper and electronic numbers than you can from producing essential goods and services for people who need them. With the charging of interest, the money chases those who already have money and ignores those who have not. The cataclysmic social and financial divisions in the world are caused by the charging of interest on money.

Production is geared to greed, not need, and the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. Often it is not the cost of a house that prevents people from buying a home; it is because we have to buy three or four for the right to live in one!

:( :( :( :( :( *** SEARS THEY ARE CHEAP IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Bought a 6 gallon shop vaccum from Sears.

The owner’s manual shows additional attachments for the vacuum. i went to the Sears store where I purchased it to buy the attachments.

The attachments were not in stock. I was told by the salesperson that I would not be able to order the attachments though the store and that I should call the Sears 800# to order the attachments I wanted.

I called the 800# and found myself talking to a person that hardly spoke English and had no clue what I was trying to order. After giving up on trying to order by phone I went to 3 other Sears stores in attempting to buying or ordering the attachments I wanted . I was told the same thing at all 3 stores, “Order the attachments you want by calling our 800#”

No more Sears!

snears service people wouldn't be working for snears if they were smart enough to find a real job. and the call center peons are even worse, barely literate as shown by #3 above. the tech people at the call centers who tried to talk thru the field techs' problems have been replaced by cheaper parts people who simply advise on part #'s till it finally starts working, weeks and weeks later.

I quit trying to do business with SEARS 0over 20 years ago. They have absolutely no regard for customers.

Still waiting for management call back over a problem for 19 years. Appliances and especially tools are third world JUNK.

I bought a snow blower at sears a few years ago, got a letter in the mail of a recall on the unit, fire hazard, do not use till fixed, called there number, person hardly spoke english, made an appointment for them to come and fix, it was a fuel line that needed replacement, person never came, i called many times after, nothing from sears. Ended up replacing the line at my local repair shop.

Screw Sears, they are lousy to deal with anywheres.

Im here in Maine, bought it at the mall.

Poor service

I wont even go in there, and have boycotted K marts too. Owned by the same company.

This company Sears is a bad company to work for the call center in altamonte springa and Longwood Florida They don't care about you, they will write you up for the most *** stuff. Make one mistake they write you up.

When I say any thing i mean anything. People take behind peoples backs, managers don't keep stuff personal they tell every thing to every one even when it is private.

It is a really bad company. Sears is also too cheap my make the letters smaller on the computer for the big program cause they don't want to spend the money for bigger screens over all the rate for this job below 0

View more comments (15)
Sears Manager
Loss

Craziness that customers don't see inside Sears

I am a Sears employee who was hired into management from another company. In the decades that I have worked in retail, I have never seen the insanity that I have seen in this retail operation. The mountains of paperwork that are printed and sent each day are ridiculous. The company tries to control your every task by the minute throughout the day WITHOUT mentioning once that customers are the #1 priority. Employees are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to do an enormous amount of things each day that couldn't possibly get done in the time allotted. Hourly employee payroll hours are cut drastically so management is also expected to do those tasks as well. And since management is salaried, Sears expects you to put in the hours needed to get the jobs done. With the hours I've put in in the past few months, I'm averaging just above national minimum wage. I know it takes extra hours when you hire in for management. But the expectations of higher-ups for a complete dedication to Sears while giving up family and personal time is just crazy. Oh, yes, I am looking for another job. Sears is not offering anything for me to stay. The frustration that customers have with us is the same frustration we have because our hands are tied in so many instances. What a shame. I understand from Sears employees that have been around for a long while that it never use to be like this. It use to be an enjoyable place to work and to shop but I guess when Kmart stepped in, the insanity really began. Too bad. There are many loyal employees who no longer want to stay. And there are new employees who won't stay either

I am a recent ex employee of Sears. I worked in the Loss Prevention department as well as Jewelry, merchandise assist and also as a seasonal lead.

My husband is in the military and wass deployed to training across the state months back. My mom helped me come up with the money to bring him home for Christmas. I asked for the week after Christmas off to enjoy a little bit of time with my husband and family while he was home.

I returned to work the following week only to be told that I was being let go. Their reason. "You asked for too much time off". Also I missed 2 days prior. I had to play single mother while my husband was gone. One of those missed days was to take 2 of my very sick kids to the emergancy room at our local post hospital. Both of them were found to have an phnemonia and required antibiotics and breathing treatments. One of them had to stay over night. The other day about a week later was because I became sick. Though I only took one day sick I returned to work....sick so that I wouldn't miss any more.

Being a military wife I am completely dissapointed in the conduct of the management and orginization of the business.

Even more dissapointing? They are one of the biggest supporters 'So they claim' of the 'heroes At Home' foundation for military members and their families.

In my opinion that only applies if you don't work there.

I will never shop at Sears again in my lifetime nor pay into their false 'Heroes At Home' outlook they apeal to have but really don't.

My opinion? Work for a reputable company who pays decent and has a great deal of respect and focus on their staff. Good employees equal good business and great customer service and satisfaction...

Sears will learn this when they go out of business. Their days are numbered...

As a former high level manager I sat in on a lot of meeting were the company does not expect you to stay over five years, its in there best interest if you dont unless your a repair technician for Sears or A+E Factory service. It was never that way untill Kmart took over.

I will tell you that being paid good will not change a thing, the family and friend time you lose is not worth it.Its affects your health and nerves, and not to mention they have tied your hands on taking care of the customer, its all about making money, every meeting and conference call its money, money, money, the customer is hardly ever mentioned. That why after 25 years and the last 4 under Kmart I had to leave or in up in the nut house.

I fell the same way and the pay is not good at all but they want u to do ten jobs in one. This is why the turn over is so high on one want to work for pennys.

So. If u have good work pay them like u wolud want to be.

Thank you. In a way it is comforting to know that the Sears that I work at (I'm an hourly) isn't the only one with these major internal problems.

Oh one more thing... Pebble!!!

View more comments (3)