Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Over two weeks and counting for refund

I ordered a treadmill on February 27, 2010. I paid: 499.88T on a Proform treadmill 154.99S on a setup (we were told this was actually part of the warranty) 065.00 on a non-refundable home delivery fee at my local Sears store on a visa debit card. We were told delivery would take place on March 3, 2010. We received the merchandise on March 3, 2010. The home-delivery team set it up. They had the treadmill on and it seemed to be working, I wanted to test it by getting on top of it, they wanted to leave immediately. I signed, they left. I got on and the treadmill belt stopped when I got on it. It made this terrible noise. I am definitely under the weight limit for the treadmill (250 lbs) so I had to wonder why this was. I had a child try it out (90 lbs) same result. I immediately called customer service. I was told that the people who delivered it just set it up and cannot fix it if it's broken. It would take a week to get a repair person out there. I have not had this item for more than 2 hours at this point and am very aggravated. I called customer service and they gave me no information. I asked to speak to a manager concerning a refund. First time I was told there was no manager around. Hung up, called again. Second time they told me that their computers were down. Hung up, called again. Third time I waited and was told that all managers were busy. Hung up, called again. Finally talked to a manager. Do not recall the name, but she told me she would sort it out and sent me to talk to a technician to see if I could just fix it myself. I asked for a line to reach in case I was disconnected- she stated she had none, to call back with her name, and talk to her again. Was transferred to a tech. "Hello?" "Hi, my name is" -click-. They got disconnected from me. I did not have the phone number as the manager I had talked to said this wouldn't happen and wouldn't give me the line number. Called up original customer service, asked to speak to the manager, gave the name. Same phone number I had used previously. "Sorry, there is no manager here by that name." "I had just spoken with her." "I don't know who you talked to, but there is no manager on this floor at the moment and none with that name." What? I hung up, called again. Asked to speak to a manager, the rep stated she was not allowed to authorize it. I said that I had just spoken to one and she said that she guaranteed I had not. Hung up, called again. Stated the same thing by another representative. Got the idea they might have put a note on my phone number (which you give every time). Called from a different phone (cell phone) and asked to speak to a manager. Waited while I was transferred, but then told there were non-available. At this point I'm on the brink of tears, I just want to return the item I purchased and for some reason I can't even do that. I went on google and found the corporate office number. I called and talked to Melanie. She offered me a refund or an exchange on a similar item that was $100 more expensive to be delivered at no extra charge. I chose the refund not willing to relive this experience. I was told she could not refund the $154.99 along with the 499.88 (the 65 was non-refundable on the receipt so didn't bother to ask). I said that was unacceptable, we negotiated for a $150 Sears gift card and $499.88 for the item purchased. A vehicle was scheduled to pick up the item the following day. After the item was sent to the warehouse, I would get my money in 5-10 business days. Next day, March 4, 2010, item was picked up and taken to the warehouse. They gave me no receipt, just made me sign a slip they refused to let me have a copy of that said I had given the item to them. March 8; received a confirmation call from the warehouse they got the package March 15; received $150 gift certificate but no refund Called, was told Melanie was out to lunch. Several times for several hours of the day (a 4 hour lunch, really??) March 20; A rep of Melanie's called to confirm I got the certificate, we explained that we did, but still have not gotten our refund. He said that was odd and he would look into it and get back to us. March 22; Called up Melanie at Corporate Office. Was told she was at lunch. Called customer relations, was told only Melanie can mess with this transaction. Called billing, was told same thing. Left a message with the legal office, was told I would hear from them in the hour. Have not received a call and each time I get the answering message. Talked to someone in Customer Relations again who transferred me to the corporate office were I was told Melanie is not in on Mondays. I asked if there was someone I could speak to right now to settle this, was given repeat answer each time (We have sent an email to Melanie, she will get back to you when she receives the message) "And if Melanie doesn't get back to me, who do I talk to?" (Melanie will give you a call when she gets back and receives the emails sent) "But who is above Melanie" (Melanie is the only one here and she will get back to you when she receives the message. We sent it urgent so she'll give you a call back tomorrow) "And if I don't hear from her?" (She has a limited amount of time to make outward calls, I can't give you her time frame or schedule. Melanie will call you when she gets back and receives the emails sent). Which is funny, because I was told that corporate doesn't handle finances and can only investigate into it, but returning the money is not what they do. And Melanie doesn't have anyone above her. Not true. After that, I sent in a complaint with the better business bureau and I got the idea right after to call my Sears store. They said they would look into it and would call me back later. Expecting no return call at all, like usual, I called my bank to see what I can do. Four hours later, I get a call from the Manassas Sears store from the manager there whom I had spoken to earlier. She said that I should have received my credit but that it states I have not for some reason. She said the best she could do was file a help ticket for today and then give me an answer tomorrow to see if it can be resolved. If it could not, she told me I was welcome to come to the store and they would credit me back on my debit card for the amount owed. I am waiting for tomorrow before I send anything to the bank and I want to talk to Melanie (who I doubt I will hear from unless they get notice from the BBB that quickly)and the store manager. What I have learned: Don't buy online, buy from a local Sears store. Do not get the home installation and do not have them pick it up. Make them sign a statement saying they have picked up the item. Do not settle for an exchange, they will credit you back, all you have to do is be as pleasant as possible (tears help) and they will help you. Have more than one phone by because they do make notes on the phone number you use (even if you don't provide a name or case number) and they do have your phone number right in front of them when you call. All that aside, never ever buy from Sears. This was the most screwed up experience I've ever been a part of. I have never had trouble like this from any other company before. I partly blame myself for not doing research on the company before making a purchase and I regret using a debit and not credit (always use a credit so your cc can handle things faster). Had I known the horrors (first time shopping at Sears actually!) I would have gone elsewhere. I'm using that $150 to buy some pillows, blankets, and a hammer. Nothing else is worth it in their store and I'm not wasting my money by not spending it. But that $499.88 is mine and will not be kept by them.
candiavla

I feel your pain. I am on day #18 and still haven't been refunded my $1850.00!

I know I'm going to get questions about this, so to clarify without editing,

I am not 250 lbs, that was just the weight limit requirement for the treadmill. I am half the weight of the weight limit.

Just so that is clarified. C:

View more comments (1)
Sears Repair

Sears customer service non-exixtent !

Tried to place order for lawn mower & tiller by calling local store. Was told I had to come order in person or order on the web. Tried to order on the web, every time I added the item it increased the price by $40. Finally got a customer service rep...held for 10 minutes or so and was told that the web pricing was in error and the could not honor it because of some fine print somewhere...neither place gave a damnm about lost business...my $800 will be spent with a competitor of which there are many...Steve in Texas

Spend your money at Lowes or HomeDepot! Sears doesn't want our money, they offer NO customer service!

Review

Sears in Auburn, Indiana - Talk about impersonal!!!

What ever happened to walking in with a resume and talking to the manager??? I took out all my contact info, But I hope someone gets a laugh out of this. Dear Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation. For further assistance, please contact our Corporate Office's Human Resources department at 1-888-88-SEARS. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as a Sears Holdings Corporation customer, and we truly intend to provide you with the best possible customer service. > >> >>>> Sincerely, Monica W, Retail Customer Care Sears Holdings Corporation >> > > >Original Message Follows: ------------------------ > Dear Jacob G., I tried that!!! If you had read the e-mail I sent you, you would have seen that she gave me a toll free number to call. When I called them, they told me to talk to the store. Maybe I should have borrowed her phone and just handed it to her. Let HR fight it out with HR(?). You people are ridiculous!!! > >--- On Tue, 3/16/10, Sears Customer Relations wrote: > > From: Sears Customer Relations >Subject: Re: Other (KMM8398702I15977L0KM) >To: >Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 9:58 PM > > > Dear > >Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation. We appreciate your >interest in working for our company. Unfortunately we are unable to >assist with your inquiry via email. For further assistance, please >contact the store at which you applied directly. > >We appreciate your business, and value you as a customer. We certainly >hope you will continue to make Sears Holdings Corporation your choice >for quality and value. > > >Sincerely, > >Jacob G. >Retail Customer Care >Sears Holdings Corporation > > > > > > >Original Message Follows: >------------------------ > >Name: | Address: | City: | >State: IN | Zip: 46738 | Country: USA | Day Phone: | >Evening Phone: | Email: | >Comments: Hello, > I am writing in reference to your hiring policy. There is an opening >in the auto care center at my local Sears. I seen the ad online. I have >tried to apply on-line, and everytime I enter my information, I get sent >to a page that says I don't meet the qualifications. I have held ASE >certifications, and worked on vehicles longer than the manager at that >store has been out of school. > If the problem was with the aptitude questions on the application - >consider this: One of the questions was "Do you take risks at work?"(or >something like that). I answered yes. I held a position as a >firefighter, it's part of the job. Another question was something like >"do you see problems at work that aren't your fault?" Well of course I >did, you don't bring a car to the garage normally if it is working good >or call 911 before problems start. > I went to the store, the HR rep. stated she could not do anything - >including even take an application or look at my resume. She then gave >me a number to call. The man I called said he couldn't do anything and >told me to talk to the HR dept. at the store. I( think I'm glad that I >can not apply to your company, whatever the reason may be. I am sorry >that you will be missing an excellant automotive tech who believes in >hard work and doing the job correctly.

Why would you want to work for squears anyway they would reall *** over as an employee

help

Get over it. Obviously you were not good enough for the job.

Enjoy flipping burgers.

By the way, in today's society, it is don't call us we will call you. if someone came in unannounced with a resume wanting an interview on the spot without actually applying like you said, I would laugh and tell them to *** off.

You did not get a job so you are throwing a tantrum. Temper tantrums are for two year olds no wonder they did not hire you.

@Irish

I think you are. SERIOUS candidate for SEARS

You are about as ignorant as they are :x

View more comments (4)
Review

Sears didn't honor advertised rebate.

I received a Kitchen-Aid mixer for Christmas. It had a $20 rebate. I submitted all requested information on-line within the specified period. That was 12 weeks ago. I called them today and was told this was not eligible for rebate. Received all rebate materials at time of purchase which did state that it was eligible for rebate, including a rebate receipt and the program code. Their website shows it is still "in processing." I've been a Sears customer for 40 years, but will never set foot in one of their stores again. Buyer Beware - Sears does not honor their own rebates.

Your ridiculous. You received it as a gift so of course you cant get it.

Customers like you is what kills businesses. Get a life ***

@jla678

Who do you think you are? You are rude and ignorant and YOU are the reason sears is going down the tubes. Go away we don't want to hear anything from YOU.

DEAR SEARS DIDN'T HONOR ADVERTISED REBATE:

I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your rebate for the mixer that you received at Christmas. My name is Shayne W. and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can look into this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the reference name of (Kitchen-Aid mixer) for reference to the issue.

Shayne W.

Senior Case Manager

Sometimes it's not the $ amt., but the principle of the matter. If stores will not honor a measley $20 rebate, what else will they not honor?

Are you seriously THAT bent out of shape over $20? If you're so hard up that you spend 12 weeks worrying about a whopping twenty bucks maybe you shouldn't have bought the mixer in the first place. Let it go.

@JLI83

Do you WORK for Sears? They never honor anything they promise and soon you will be out of a job.

View more comments (5)
Product
Sears Website

Sears in Seattle, Washington - Dishwasher

It sucks when you leave work early to meet sears for a repair and they dont show up or call. The other thing that sucks is that when they come out they could give it a shot and bring the parts related to the problem.It would save them a trip and keep me from leaving work early. This has happened several of times and im out a lot of money.The Kenmore Elite worked good for one year and sears has tryed to fix it for one. My dishwaser is still broke and the warranty is almost over. I will never buy at sears again.

Dear Dishwasher,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you recently experienced you’re your Kenmore Elite dishwasher. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and we would like the opportunity to assist you. My name is Shayne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Dishwasher) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Shayne W.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

Sears Repair
Loss
I purchased a brand new Maytag washer from my local Sears Appliance store in Sanford, NC about 3 weeks ago. I have bought several other major appliances from them over the past 3-4 years, and am planning to buy a new TV within the next 2 months, so my business SHOULD...

Obviously it sucks to have to redo plumbing to hook up a washer, but Sears is not to blame. You pay for delivery only, by a couple of guys that are hired to move appliances in and out.

They are not licensed plumbers.

They will hook-up a washer because that is a matter of screwing on water lines and plugging it in, but they are not trained to identify anything other than obvious issues. This is why if you purchase something like a dishwasher, there is a charge closer to $150 for installation because that requires a licensed contractor.

Sears Installation

Sears won't honor warranty based on pet descrimination

I purchased a refrig. in 2006 from Sears with a 5 year Warranty on Sealed Refrig System. On Feb 4 a tech came out to repair a freon leak (SEALED SYSTEM ISSUE) & add more freon. I have the same problem again, but they refuse to come back out to my house citing "unsanitary work conditions" due to the fact I have pet rats (they are in cages, these are fancy rats, pets). The second time they were supposed to come out, someone noted my account that a tech was at my house & rats were running all around & it was unsanitary, ONLY PROBLEM IS, NOBODY ACTUALLY CAME TO MY HOUSE THAT DAY. From then on, I've spoken to Teleservice Customer Solution Dept as well as the International Customer Service Dept. Everytime someone has made me another appt, the service unit down in Lakewood, NJ cancels it. They don't even call me when they cancel it, so each day customer service is scheduled, I sit & wait at my house (my daughters have missed preschool, dance & gymnastics on these days). They don't even call me to tell me they cancelled! Nobody in customer service will send out a second person to check out my house even to see that the first tech lied. I even had a sales tech at my house today from Sears to discuss installing central air. When I told him about what was going on w/ them refusing to come to my house because of my pets, he couldn't believe it. Nothing about my house is unsanitary/ unclean! The rats are our pets! This is discrimination & I've been without my refrigerator for 3 weeks now & NOBODY FROM SEARS WILL HELP ME! I've been a LOYAL customer buying my tractor, hotwater heater, water tank, oil furnace, dishwasher, refrig, stove, microwave & THEY PUT THE SIDING ON MY HOUSE & put in a sliding glass door & this is how they treat a loyal customer???? I even spoke to a manager at The Phillipsburg, NJ store, thinking that since this is where alot of our recent purchases were made she'd do something to help me...even if it was driving to my house to see it's not what the technician said it is. She refused & said there's nothing she could do about it. Apparently there's nothing anyone at Sears can do to help me. This tells me now that I've been blacklisted from service, all of my appliances that came with warranties (oil furnace, hot water heater, etc) or if we have trouble with anything we bought from them they're not going to provide service. This is so unfair & it's discrimination based on the pets I have! And they called my house unsanitary work environment! It's far from that! I have dinner parties at my house, I have play groups here with the moms club where they bring their children here, we have parties here! And they insult me like this. I cannot believe nobody I have spoken to and by now it's been like 30 people can do anything to help me! My case number with them is 3024960 & I hope this complaint goes to a director level within the corporate office...otherwise nothing is going to ever get resolved. This has been going on for THREE WEEKS now I've been without my refrigerator. Last conversation w/ Sears Teleservice Customer Solutions Dept is that they cannot do anything more to help me due to my "rat infestation" problem.

It was a awe-inspiring post and it has a significant meaning and thanks for sharing the information.Would love to read your next post too......

PET preform manufacturers in india

Lot of global tensions is going on at this time. Japan is expected to pull out its money from the global market as they want to revamp their country now. In current scenario anything can happen in the Share market Investors are advised not to panic and stay invested only safe traders and Stock Tips investors should exit their long positions on every high and one can use every decline as an opportunity to enter market again.

pet preform manufacturers

Great informational article. I learned quite a bit . I will be using the things I learned from your article.

PET preform manufacturers in india

Very good post, I was really searching for this topic, as I wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also very rare in internet, that is why it was very difficult to understand.

Thank you for sharing this.

regards:

Husky pet preforms

Pet preform suppliers

Thank you for sharing this.

regards:

PET Preforms

Regards

PET preforms manufacturers in india

Let's examine the actual definition for discrimination:

Main Entry: dis·crim·i·na·tion

Pronunciation: \dis-ˌkri-mə-ˈnā-shən\

Function: noun

Date: 1648

1 a : the act of discriminating b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

2 : the quality or power of finely distinguishing

3 a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment

I bet you house is a trash hole. Get over it.

Too bad so sad.

Why make a business suffer when your house looks like ***. You are the dishonest one here

write to the company president - there's nothing stopping you and he should know how *** his customer service is. I can't say I've had any problems but it's been years since I bought from them - their stores are only in the suburbs here - much too far for public transit.

I remodeled my kitchen in 2007. I decided to go with Sears because of their treatment of military families.

I spent 11,000.00 cash for Range, hood refridge, dishwasher, microwave oven and the cabinet trim for the oven. I never received i rebate for energy efficient appliances, and they never shipped my trim kit.

Sears has good employees and bad ones too. The sales agent that assisted me at The Galleria in Roseville California should have been fired.

View more comments (10)
Loss

Sears in Cheyenne, Wyoming - *** craftsman Chinese made products

I recently bought a few taps to replace some from an older US made tap and die set that were missing. I didn't look at the label to see if US made, I should have so my fault on that. The ones that I used didn't last through the first task before they wore out. I looked at the labels of other tools afterwards an you would be amazed how many of their alleged high quality tools are made in China. With the prices they charge, you would think that the stuff wouldn't be made in friggen China. Look closely the next time you shop there. I would much prefer to pay that kind of price to keep and American employed!

I've been trying to tell people for years that Craftsman is now just Chinese trash, riding on what used to be a respectable name.

Sears is now making all of their older, made in USA tools "obsolete". Then.....

when you bring it in for repair, they say, "Gee... sorry.... we no longer make these....HOWEVER...... take this here made in China trash instead".

Sincerely.... I cut up my Sears card and convinced my parents to do the same.

Be aware. Be a very, wary bear.......

Shame on sears and their decision to make their tools in china. Craftsman was a sign of quality and respect but like the rest of corporate America theyve too sold out America and the American dream for ceo's and corporate greed.

So know this sears I will never spend one more cent on your china tools and I will return each and every one of the tools I've spent my hard earned American dollars on for a full refund. So by by sears may your greed cost you your jobs.

At this particular point in time Europe is decades ahead of the US. Europe is moving forward while the US moves backward.

#199020

I went to sears today to get a drop light and some ratchet wrenches. After looking at both items I saw that they were made in china so I left the store rather than taking a chance with more Chinese garbage. Craftsman is no longer a company that I respect.

Move to Europe is everything is so much better there. Unions paved the way for the working class!

Well if the lazy good for nothing unions were run out then prices and quality for American made would be about right. I refuse to buy anything that says made in America.

I know I'll just get ***.

I choose to buy products that are made in Europe. Better quality and price.

View more comments (5)

Sears in Cincinnati, Ohio - Delivery is bad

Bought a Mattress set,We set the date for March 11, at 8:00 am to 10:00 My husband had to fly to Canada, and I had a Meeting that conflict with the delivery, I called the night before to try change my time to the afternoon, they told they could not do that, then in the morning of the delivery Sears called around 6:45 and I told them I needed the Mattress here by 7:15 and they told me they were in Monroe Ohio which is only 15 mins from my house and they could get it here, 7:15 came no sears and I called and they guy to find out where they were, well they guy told me that he would find out, and call me back but never called, so I had to leave because I had an appointment. Then I called at 10:30 see if they could deliver it at 1:00 he told me he could not some service sears has.

EVERYTHING is bad about Sears. Just avoid them from now on. Lesson learned :(

Sears Delivery Service

Sears will not pay for re-installation on defective NEW garbage disposer

I have been purchasing Sears products for 30 years...this is the worst experience. Purchased a Kenmore 1hp Food Disposer (model #17560591 Serial # 09121012583) and the following day had a plumber install it. The item was defective from the outset and I immediately called the Sears Warranty group. The nightmare starts now...2 hours on the phone with 6 different people and everyone was kicking the can down the street...the result is that Sears will not pay to reinstall they will just replace the product...so for a defective item that I never used I will have to pay for re-installation charge... My advice is to not purchase any Sears product unless you intend to have Sears install it for you...unfortunately they do not say that in any of their documentation on the internet...As a result I will never buy a Sears product...

I have to agree with "wow" and "really". Our expectations are really getting out of hand.

Unless you ask, take interest in your investment, make an educated purchase, find out the facts, unless you do all of that you cant blame anyone. No one will tell you what they wont cover, they barely tell you what they will, if anything.

Its like going to back to the dealer and saying: "No one told me that if I didnt put gas in the car it would leave me stranded... who's paying for the tow?" This might be obvious to you, but not to others, just like the fact re-installation wasnt covered is obvious to me but not to you.

They do not need to spell out that they will not cover you paying someone else to install it. They will honor the warranty on the product and replace that for you, but unless they STATED that they would cover the installation then your expectations are unreasonable.

You bought a product not an installation. I can't imagine why you think they would pay for a re-installation, they are not responsible for the installation in any way. Ridiculous.

View more comments (2)