Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears-Canada - Front Loader Washer

I bought a front loader washer and dryer from Sears Canada in October 2009. Since the day I received it has given us nothing but problems. We are currently on our 4 services call (in 3 months) and Sears has said the only way that it can be replaced is if the techinicain deems it unrepairable. Again, they gave me the excuse about the 30 days return poilcy. So, my plan is to call Sears and schedule a service repair with then every week until the machine is replaced. All of the current applicanes that are in our hours are from Sears. Since this experience I will NEVER, EVER buy from Sears again..
#190957

Hey ***,

The reason we did not return the washer and dryer day 1 is because Sears used to have an amazing service department and we never had issues in the past with service call and there other products.

Thanks for your response ***!!!!!!

#190842

What i find common among these complaints is everyone saying "from day one". Well if there's a 30 day return policy, why did you keep it if it was faulty from day one?? ***

Talk about Dejavu. I had the same exact experience as JMorton.

3 Months without a washer and 6 service calls. They would make appointments and not show up or come with no parts or the wrong parts. I was given the same 30 day return policy excuse when I demanded a new one. The matching dryer never worked the day we brought it home and it took 3 service calls, which was again after the 30 day period.

Anyone thinking about Sears appliances should think again, and go somewhere else.

Everytime you call them they want your personal information even if you get transfreered three times you have to give it again and again. It is the most inefficient, time consuming process I have ever seen.

View more comments (2)
Sears Repair

Sears home improvement gave me the runaround

I bought A water heater to install myself abt a year ago.I could not do it then because the one they sent out was badly dented in top.I could not get more time off until now. When I called about a question,which wire is the ground,since the manual said red,black and green,the actual wires were black,whiteand blue they said they couldnt tell me.If they had it right in the manual,I would not have to ask.would it be too much to ask for instructions when they are not right in the manual ?
Loss

Sears sold me a drill charger blew up twice .

Sears sold me a 19 v drill combo drill package . the charger blew up twice .the last time it was a week out of warr they would do nothing ,BUT, they did offer to sell me a new charger at a hefty price . I have always trusted sears tools BUT I have lost faith in them . I have a drill and no way to use it . Good money down the drain . I'll save more and buy another Dewalt . I will never recomend them to my friends as I wish to keep them unlike sears wanting to keep customers ,SAD SAD SAD .

Some thing on chargers. Always put them on a surge protector of somekind even if it's a power strip with a reset button. If there is surge during the charging process it can damage charger if not the item. That goes for anything be recharged.

Also sometimes the contacts on the charger or batteries can get a slight film on them which could prevent metal to metal contact. Unplugged clean with a q-tip damp not dripping with rubbing alcohol.

There is no longer an unlimited unconditional satisfaction guarantee at Sears which hurts the honest customer but out of warranty one day or one week is unfortunetely out of warranty.

I know it is out of warr Dude, BUT they should know there is a problem with the product and try to address it in a thoughtful manner and try to keep customers . I think money and sales and no regard to the customers satisfaction is the problem here .

Dude, if the drill is out of warranty then they really cant do anything for you.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Los Angeles, California - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

DIFF DEPTS are outsourced in diff countries and can't communicate effectively i had an order that was canceled--multiple times--- that never got refunded. was not resolved after 6 calls--each an hour long of constant transfers. i finally just gave up and disputed it with my cc company. will NEVER order anything from sears again. One employee outright lied to me and refused to give me his employee number-- he said it was against company policy. The next employee I spoke to said that was false. First guy was just trying to dodge responsibility for anything. Absolutely disgusting.

To Jxpark,

First allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to this post, I just found it. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear that you have had these experiences with our customer service representatives. I am very concerned about what I have read here and we would like to speak with you to ensure everything is put right. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jxpark) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

Sears Cares

Beware! Sears cheats

I am sharing my experience with Sears online. My experience is horrible and I never ever place any order from Sears. I have ordered an Elliptical from Sears as they had free shipping. They said that I will get my item in two weeks. I called up after two weeks as I did not receive the order; they said that it will take one more week. I called up again after 3 weeks, to my surprise they said they canceled the order long back as the item was out of stock. I did not receive any email or phone call; they charged my credit card for the amount. They said that computer did not generate the email and sorry. The item was still available online. I would have got better deals in other stores, because of these *** guys, I lost everything. They said that they will refund the amount but it will take 10 days but they can charge the credit card within one day. Never order anything from Sears, even if you do, be very careful.

I also am finished with Sears, they cheat! Could not buy an excerise cyle at the advertised price.

The price kept coming up $50.00 more. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with "management" and they would not rectify the problem. I was told that it was a mistake and they didn't have to honor it. Now the price differene was from $279.99 to $329.99 it was not a matter of trying to buy a $400.

item for $40. What really gets me is their total lack of trying to do the right thing. Sears doesn't care.

and Sears can now survive with one less loyal customer. I agree, sears CHEATS!

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALEMAN'S NAME. DEMAND HIS CARD.

TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE HIS JOB. I do that whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results.

BE A PITT BULL. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLKY YOURSELF.

View more comments (1)
Sears Shipping Service

Sears in Yankton, South Dakota - Don't honor extended warrenty contracts

We feel that their supposed to be great repair service is a joke. I won't be buying their products for awhile. Had a Kenmore range they waited over a month to repair. We did have an extended warranty. Also had a dish washer that was 7 months old, needed repair, not very good for sales. We did buy a new range but not a Sears product. The dates for the range I wanted repaired was during the holidays. I had first called them on the 25th of November. Was not satisfied with their contact person who was rude the second time around when I called to set an appointment up, which was for a much later date. How do you cook a meal with out a oven. I am still upset about it all as we could not afford a new range but had to do something

To Donannie,

First allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to this post, I just found it. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues with our service teams. We do make every attempt possible to get service to our customers as quickly as possible. As with any organization, the holidays are very busy as we are trying to get to all of our customers and ensure they have working appliances for their holidays. There are times when this is just not possible and for that we do apologize to you and your family. Have your issues been resolved? If they have not, or even if they have, please reach out to us so we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range and dishwasher were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Donannie) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

Sears Cares

Sears Repair
I purchased a portable washer and dryer from a Sears store that was closing its doors. I purposely asked the salesman if I could return these units if I wanted to after I purchased them. He told me that Sears stood behind all purchases and that if I wanted to return...

Mr Brian J

Senior Case Manager

Please,contact me regarding the problems I run to in Sears store/Chicago when I was trying to return or exchange the new Plasma TV I purchased 6 days ago.I need your help to resolve this issue .

Regards and thank you.

Mike

773 370 27 53

Chicago Il April 20/2010

View more comments

Sears in Portland, Oregon - Membership fee

I have had a sears account for over 20 years, so I am sad to inform you that I will be canceling my Sears account at the end of this year because I don't feel that people that use there credit wisely and responsibly should be penalized. It is your choice to *** off your loyal customers, it is too bad you you feel the need to impose this fee at the risk of loosing faithful customers, as it is my choice not to shop at Sears or use my account again after this year since you have already enforced an unwanted $45.00 fee upon me.

This $45 membership fee also applies to employees. It angers me because Sales Associates are paid commisions for each application they "sell" to a customer. Sears is a joke, why would you sell your credit card to a 3rd party (citicard)? I have a great credit score (850+). My APR on my Gold Sear Premier card (member since 2005) is as follows:

Internal Purchases: 25.24%

External Purchases: 25.24%

Cash Advance: 27.15%

Effective Annual Percentage Rate: 110.81%

I could get a better interest rate if I went to the local pawnshop or a loan shark on the street.

This is a joke. Sears you created this Member Free to force your customers to close cards... Yet you still force your employees to sell them...

What happened? Did you give to much credit out without means to back it up? Failures.

Sears in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Question of integrity

Dryer quit heating. Had service person look at it for $129. Decided to purchase new dryer - changed mind within 5 minutes. Service person - young man from Villa Rica/Douglasville, GA area, got on his phone with his tech manager - had conversation - asked how he was supposed to take change off his computer - after conversation, technician and I discussed how he ordered parts (we had not paid for them yet), how parts would be delivered - how Sears would call to set up repair date. 3 weeks later - no parts - no service call - no nothing. Husband called customer service - no parts ordered - customer declined service. No mention on their computer of how customer changed mind within 5 minutes of declining service. After 3 more calls on same day - final call being the number listed on this site; we got parts ordered, service day set up, and was told that there would be no more cost. Great! Today service to dryer was supposed to happen. Same service tech called to make sure I understood there would be a $70.00 cost. I said no because of call mentioned earlier. He had to call his tech manager - tech manager called customer service - customer service called me in the iterim - said I would have to pay the cost, but I would be reimbursed by Sears - could not provide anything in writing (email) that would confirm this agreement. I called technician to let him know what was going on - during this conversation, he basically said that once I declined service initially, he could not do anything else. My question to him was "Why didn't you tell me that in the first place?" He said he did; so in essence, he is saying I made up all the details of initial service call. This family will not do business with Sears ever again. I now understand why Sears is having financial trouble and why so many people have complaints about them. It is sad that such an old company cannot treat customers better than this. I will not tolerate others basically saying I lied about an event that took place. Customers are not always right with Sears, so maybe someone else will appreciate our business more. I will say that I have been a faithful customer with Sears for more than 30 years. They are great for saying sorry, but they are not great with communication and honesty.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD. GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I AM A FRIENDLY, POLITE, KIND CUSTOMER BUT AFTER TOO MUCH NONSENSE AND ABUSE I LEARNED TO TAKE ACTION AND STAND UP FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM ABUSED. I do this whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FIRED. THE MANAGERS WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE REPEAT OFFENDERS WITH MANY COMPLAINTS IN SOME CASES BUT I WILL BE RELENTLESS AND DEMAND THEY ARE FIRED IF THE ABUSE IS SERIOUS SUCH AS TELLING LIES ABOUT WARRENTIES, BEING NASTY OR MAKING SEXUAL REMARKS. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie, abuse and and treat customers like trash thinking they can get away with it. DO IT A FEW TIMES AND YOU WILL FEEL CONFIDENT EXPECTING THE BEST TREATMENT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER DESERVES. VOTE WITH YOUR $$$ AND BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT ABUSES OR CHEATS THE CONSUMERS. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLY YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***

Sears in Melrose, Massachusetts - TV BROKE

My tv from sears has been fixed 10 times in the last year and i still have the same problems. I was told by sears customer service juila that they will replace my tv due to the major repair problems and they have not. I have called sear to no avail and they put my on hold never to return to the phone nor return my calls. This hase been an on goind problem. I am very upset. I have contaced the executive office still waiting to hear back from them. I am very upset. I will never purchase anything from sears again. There customer service is terrible. There are alot of places to purchase quality items today.
#152087

We had our one year old hood microwave stop working and after 9 separate service calls they finally conceded that they copuld not repair it. They agreed to replace the microwave with a new one so on the 10th service visit they showed up with a new hood microwave that had a large dent in the side and did not work either.

So now we still have no working microwave after 10 service calls and get nothing but a run around evvery time we call Sears.

Each person you talk to tells you something different and they will not give their names or connect you with their Management to get this resolved. So after 10 lost days of work, $150 in service fees, and months without a working microwave, we still have nothing for our efforts and no committment to fix the issue by Sears.

tv only 6mo. old cannot get parts.

nobody will give you any answers on when they will have any, our tv has not worked for over a mo.

W.T.F i am about to take it back to the store and tell them to stick it in there ***! we are on a payment plan and if they cannot fix it I WILL NOT PAY FOR A PIECE OF ***!!!

View more comments (1)