Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Ft Wayne (Glen Brook ) Indiana

I tried after not learning that the washer (Broke after two weeks ) thing was enough .I thought I would buy all new kitchen appliances good deals on black friday and wanted all them to match Bisque color .I have several appartments so I buy more than most people .I went to pay for the items and ( that was marked on the tag on the frig ) the sales person said that it could not be sold the way it was marked . We went and found the manager and he said to bad it could not be sold the way it was marked .I contact the corporate office and filed a complaint 1 888 266 4043 ext 62 . They didn't return any calls when they said they would and finally said if I wanted the frig they would give me a discount. I explained that the price at the local store was cheaper than the price they gave me and her reply was this is the best we can do . I guess with they way this economy is that Sears will be ok with out one more customer and I will tell everyone I possibly can to beware of Sears.You can price compare for better quality items at better stores . Also just found out the neighbor just bought a Sears Frig and the icemaker is leaking and they have not fixed it yet!

Sears service

I am just another pissed off customer whom until today shopped at Sears stores. I am in the process of having my dryer fixed. The first visit is to look at the problem with my dryer. No parts. Has to order and takes my $, then they keep cancelling the repair. When you call customer service they have no clue. The people are as automated as the set up program. Then you can not get a number for any correction. What a poor company. Just ripped up my Sears credit card, and called to put inquire in for the worked paid for.

Bought a Heavy Duty washer it lasted two weeks before it broke ! The repairman said it had plastic gears and would not wash heavy loads ( I guess thats why they call it heavy duty ! ) beware of Sears !

Sears Repair

Sears HVAC system never worked reliably

After spending five figures on a new furnace and air conditioning system a mere 16 months ago, I can attest with all the others that Sears should not be used for HVAC work (or any other improvement work). 1) System was incorrectly sized. Multiple external parties have confirmed that not only was the workmanship of the install poor, but the system was not accurately sized for my house. 2) Sears went through three subcontractors during my install. Each one felt like starting from scratch. The end product has never worked properly. 3) When the system failed to work properly, contacting sears for repairs became impossible. Example, my furnace stopped working when temperatures outside we under 0 degrees F. Sears told me it would be six days before they could have someone out there. They also told me if I had anyone else touch the system, all warrantys would be VOID. How is that for scare tactics? 4) Sales team and install project managers refused to talk to me even after I had confirmed by outside parties that they incorrectly built the system. 5) The Sears complaint escalation tree is worthless. Everyone feels bad for my situation, but remedies are never suggested or accepted (if suggested by me). All-in-all I would recommend you stay as far away from Sears Home Improvement as you can. Don't be fooled into thinking that a large company will be able to provide better pricing or support than small local companies. I myself was worried that small local companies would declare bankruptcy rather than provide warranty work, a fact i've seen personally before... Sears doesn't have to declare bankruptcy to not support its customers; it only has to make obtaining that support unfeasible.

Had a similar issue with hvac. 8 months after initial problem call and still no service.

Where has customer service gone? I will never spend another penny in a sears or kmart store EVER.

Update to the issue, unit has failed local county inspection at Sear's request...ironic, now it is my fault they have not been able to repair as I want my money back. I do not want them attempting yet another repair of their errors.

Just to wait till next summer when the unit will not work. It hasn't yet.

Yeah I won't shop at Sear's nor Kmart, neither store has anything that I could not get somewhere else cheaper. I can't wait to see the bill when I try to sell my home and have to totally replace for the new owners at my expense....LOVE IT THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Oh and I plan on telling everyone in the world!

queen4842
@Jennifer Sands

Jennifer Sands again with update, Trying to sell or rent the home, and it did not pass inspection. Just spent an additional $1,865 to have a real HVAC company come in and re-install the Sears system to finally stop the leak. I am going to SUE!

Who would like to join a CLASS ACTION SUIT?

I am in the same boat as well. the HVAC was a good product, the installer destroyed mine.

Now Sear's does not care to repair. 6199 for unit less then year and 1/2 old and I had to go buy three portable air conditioners to cool the house as the central unit is dead. Stay away from Sear's they are no longer a worthwhile company to deal with.

I really wish I had done more research before my purchase, but come on man it's sear's they stand behind their products right? NO they don't!

@jmmblckd: You don't know what your talking about. Kenmore is made by ICP, owned by Carrier which is owned by United Tech.

Any HVAC brand in America is likely made by one of only 4 or 5 manufacturers. And Sears uses contractors LIKE EVERYONE ELSE because it's easier to get rid of bad ones if they have to.

Sears isn't perfect but I've had good experiences with them. They were the only ones who correctly diagnosed a cracked heat exchanger in my furnace, a potentially deadly situation.

2 others wanted to replace parts like gas valves for $600, said the furnace was safe. Thank you, Sears...

thanks for the comments. looking at replacing hvac and ductwork. will avoid those losers.

I am in the same boat. I had my HVAC installed last year.

I experienced it myself after spent countless days and hour on phone. I will never spend a penny at Sears.

sears use contractors because the kenmoore logo is a fake your hvac may be a carrier or york are who every has the contract to sale the system to them in that statethey just take the logo of the unit of and replace it with a kenmoore logo

We are in the same boat,must get the word out maybe we can help other by letting them know.

View more comments (8)
Loss

Sears doesn't service what it sells

My Kenmore Refrigerator was purchased 06/02/04 so it is 5 years old. It stopped working 12/3/09. When I called for service I was told a serviceman could be here 12/17/09. This is my refrigerator...you were asking me to wait 2 weeks without refrigeration? I tried and found a local repairman who replaced the relay switch. However, that did not fix the problem. I called your repair number again. This time I was told a repairman could be here 12/31/09 It is 12/9/09. Have you ever gone through Christmas with no refrigeration? Have you ever stayed home for a repairman on New Years' Eve? Well that is what you are asking me to do. I will tell all I know this story. When I called the retail store from which I purchased this refrigerator, I was told, "well, that's how it is here, I can't help you". And you say you service what you sell? This is the most awful situation I can imagine. My expensive only 5 year old refrigerator does not work, and I cannot get it fixed. I will ask again what can you do for me? Carol

what should sears do for you?

www.searsinsider.tk

Botched-up roof job by Sears

June 20, 2002, 25-year roof shingles and attic vents installed by Sears Home Central. They installed the ventilation improperly, causing premature deterioration of shingles, also water infiltration as a result of ice dams. I had requested that they make sure there was proper ventilation at the time of contract. I called Sears rep within days of installation to express concern about the placement of Maxi Vent. Even an old woman knows it should be as high as possible, near the ridge. It is half way down the roof. The rep, Ken Campbell, looked from the ground, on one side, and said it was good enough. Against my better judgment, all I could do was hope for the best. That summer, I noticed excessive falling off of granules from shingles. July 11, 2009, I noticed shingles becoming bare, curling and breaking. I called Sears Home Central to report this. (1-800-220-5635) It took several calls before someone got back to me. July 31, Marc Page from Sears inspects roof. Without hesitation, he informs me that ventilation was not properly installed, that this was causing the problem and it was Sears' fault. He immediately phoned a claim under my name to BP, the shingle manufacturers. He told me it would take 6 to 8 weeks to process claim. That seemed strange, as my contract was with Sears, not with BP. Afterward, I visit Maxi Vent website and found, according to their very clear instructions, that indeed the ventilation was all wrong. Aug 17, BP inspector checks roof. No report as yet from BP. Concerned that this be fixed before winter, I made numerous calls to Sears Ottawa office. Often, my calls were not returned. Occasionally, spoke with Marc Page, Robert Gooden, also a person called Doug. All I got were excuses, pretexts and gobbledegook. Mr Gooden told me Marc Page didn't know anything about roofing. Later in same conversation he said Page had been a roofer before going into sales. Another time, October 1, Gooden said it was the first time he heard of this case. (I first spoke with Gooden July 27 "˜09) October 9, I got fed up and emailed Corporate Customer Service, who passed my complaint back to Mr Gooden. October 13, Gooden calls me and grudgingly says he will come and see himself. Never showed up. October 16, I called Gooden and offered this interim solution– Since it is now too cold to put on shingles, would he fix the ventilation now, and shingle next Spring. This would at least prevent ice dams and water leakage. He agreed and said he would schedule it this week, Monday or Tuesday (Oct 19 or 20) Still nothing happened. I feel through all this that they are deliberately stalling and avoiding the issue. I am a 70-year-old woman, living alone on a shoestring budget. I cannot afford this kind of thing. Until now,I always thought of Sears as being reliable and trustworthy. I tried to be very reasonable and patient. I hope they are not trying to take advantage of an old woman. Winter has arrived and my roof is still not fixed. So I'll be placing buckets to catch water drips. I am disappointed beyond words with Sears. Yes, Sears SUCKS

sears roof salesmen mislead u in sales presentation .dont tell u fine print.electronic contract is a cd mine malfuctioned.could not cancel in 3 days aloted.sub contractor failed code insp.3 times.roof removed an reinstalled again just as bad by another one of their fabulous cont. would not recommend sears. not even to mow grass, BEWARE home owners.

I'm 68 years old and bought a roof from Sears. There is *** in the roof where the garage ties on to the main roof.

I had the contractor come back and he said that was not the roof because it was inside the garage. I got the 800 number from the internet and reported the sloppy job and the person I talked to got hateful.

She said she would send an e-mail to the cordinator for my area which happens to have the same name as the guy who was in charge of putting the roof on. I can not believe how much thievery is going on in business so that the rich can still make thier money and the old and poor can just pay and pay for their 2nd and 3rd houses.

same problem as other customers sears screwed up on the ventiliation and the shingles started coming apart after 12 years......they gave me the total run around...i had experts come out and write up the problem ....i had to have a new roof and vents added in the proper place under the eves...im in the process of suing sears...they are awful to dael with take no responsibility...do not bur a roof from sears...andrea email forestblu111@ yahoo.com date sept. 2011

The problems will never end apparently until folks stop buying from these misfits.

After 13 years my 25 year shingles have failed to the point of one leak on the south side mainly -

BP sent a guy out who claimed my ventilation was poor so my shingles have failed.

Here's the thing apparently the ventilation is only poor on the south side of the attic and in the valleys because the North side is fine.

There is no cure for *** - what can ya do?

Don't buy BP - ever!

Stu Regina Sk

Tell me how on earth do they stay in business?

I would skip Sears products and services. I have a Sears band saw that could not make a straight cut to save my life.

I havea brand new Kenmore fridge that leaks all aver my floor and defrosts it self everynight and lastly I bought a hand held power saw from them which is falling apart and never worked right. If you buy from Sears then they got another sucker

#201950

Well, thanks for the heads-up. I'm about to getting roofing quotes and had Sears on the list because they did the roof 20 years ago (and properly at that time), but it seems a lot has changed at Sears Canada.

I'm seeing so many online complaints about their roofing operations that I think I'll skip 'em this time. Thanks for sharing the info.

View more comments (6)
Sears Installation

Sears Extended Warrentee

Purchased a top-of-the-line Kenmore Pro Dishwasher at $1,500 and the extended warrentee. Let's forget that the Pro dishwasher costs an arm and a leg and should work beautifully and focus on the warrentee. Within one month, we needed service. Four separate phone operators later and repeating the same detailed information every single time, we finally scheduled. That repair attempt did not work and we scheduled another repair, same process. Confirmed arrival 8 am to 12 noon. Very nice technician calls at 10:30 to confirm appointment and states he'll be here between noon and 2 pm. Since I had waited 2 and 1/2 hours, I would not be there. Pro-active Technician claims he'll order part and has put me down for a week later. The next day a recorded message from Sears says call to make an appointment. One call gets me through pretty much right away (yeah), however, operator sees a message about a part, but no order information. On hold, she comes back and no part ordered. Try something else...on hold. Comes back, part is emergency ordered. All I have to do as the customer who is expecting service is to call this number again when the part comes in to let them know that I have it and "update the scheduled appointment". 20 minutes on the phone to learn that I don't have a confirmed appointment, the part was never ordered and I have to call back when I get the part. Luckily, because I have some sort of defective high-end product, I purchased the extended warrentee. I suppose that eventually I will get this repaired; but be aware that the service contract does not come with much service. It is rediculous to say the least.
Sears Repair

Sears screwed me out of my rebate!

Howdy! Get ready for a lot of CAPS, but I am furious...I mean every CAP! DO NOT USE SEARS! I was just screwed out of a $200 rebate I was going to use to buy X-mas presents for my family. They will take your money, then later find a bizarre technicality to deny you your rebate. If you want to take my word for it and boycott Sears, thanks! We're done here. If you want to hear my gripping DaVinci Code story, read on: So, I bought a TV with a wall mount. When I filled out the rebate form online, all it said was:"H090636 08/23-10/03 $200.00 Rebate on Installation when you buy any 40inch or larger Television Along with Installation and a coordinating mount at Sears.com. Rebate paid via Prepaid MasterCard." But as I found out after my rebate was denied 3 months later (too late to return the item for those keeping score), if you are one of those people savvy enough to shop online, but old-fashioned enough to still print and mail in a rebate form, there is a .pdf you can print out. ONLY ON THAT PDF DO YOU FIND THE FINE PRINT:"To qualify the television, mount and installation must all be purchased in the same transaction. IncludesTelevision Mount item numbers 75068, 75078, 75083, 75084, 75080, 75090, 75092, 75093 and 75050." Well, silly me, I just bought the wall mount that SEARS RECOMMENDED FOR THAT SPECIFIC TV IN A HUGE PHOTO NEXT TO THE TV I BOUGHT ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! You would think that the mount they list next to the TV you buy would be a "coordinating mount", right? HA! You've never dealt with Sears, I see... But I hear what you are saying, why didn't you check to see one of those 5 digit number matched your wall mount? Good call! It must be on the website:Level Mount FIXED/TILT MOUNT FITS 34" TO 60" TV'S AND 200 LBS. Sold by Sears | Online only | Sears Item# 05799338000 | Model# DC60TRating 5 (1 Reviews | Write a Review )Well, no 5 digit number there. Maybe I should check my receipt... 60 in. (Diagonal) Class 1080p 600Hz Plasma HD Television Item #: 05775839000Salescheck #: 093000493373 RC: 2927-9171-3206-3393 1 Television (wall-mount) premium setup includes unpacking, inspection, mounting tv on bracket, connection to 3 components, bundli Item #: 01057224187Salescheck #: 093000493373 RC: 2927-9171-3206-3393 FIXED/TILT MOUNT FITS 34" TO 60" TV'S AND 200 LBS. Sold by Sears Item #: 05799338000Salescheck #: 093000493372Sale Date: 31-Aug-2009 RC: 2827-9371-4207-3397 Hmmmm...I see an 11 digit number, a 12 digit number, and even a 16 digit number. The price of the installation was a five digit number, but that's the closest I have. Where are these 5 digit numbers? To find the answer, I turned to the crack management team at Sears. Here's where it gets fun. You may not realize it, but you have been looking at the 5 digit number the whole time! You remember the 11 digit item number from earlier? Well, pay close attention to that. I'll give you a few minutes. If you have figured it out, congratulations on cracking the code! If not, I'll explain it the way the Sears management team explained it to me: Those 11 digit numbers all start with 057. Because they all start with 057, the 057 DOESN'T COUNT! You can ignore it! It doesn't exist! You know what else doesn't exist? Zero. And you may have noticed the item numbers all end in three zeros, and since zero doesn't exist, you can ignore the last three digits too! So if you ignore the first three digits, and the last three digits of an 11 digit number, you have...A FIVE DIGIT NUMBER!!! The mystery is solved!!! That's where the 5 digit numbers are!!! Well, now that we have solved the mystery, oh, well clearly I didn't buy the right mount. I just wish I wasn't so ***. According to Sears management, I am the only person that has EVER had this problem. Just me. I'm the ***. So if you are reading this and you didn't figure it out, don't tell anybody, because it will only prove you are as *** as me. So according to the Sears management team, there is nobody in the Sears hierarchy that can help me. The woman I talked to said she would be fired if she authorized a rebate to a customer that "didn't read the form". According to her, Sears can't do anything. I know what you are saying, sue them! I REALLY want to. However, this is a $200 rebate, and court costs in small claims court for a lawsuit of this size total $120, leading to a profit of $80. I wish I had enough time on my hands to file a nuisance lawsuit, but I have a one year old son. I have very little free time. Just enough time to write this e-mail and send it to everybody I know. ;) Please forward this, and again, if you have any sympathy, DO NOT USE SEARS!!! Thanks! Ben Dixon

Sears in Warner Robins, Georgia - Proform XP Trainer 580 motor, injury warning

My wife and I bought the Proform XP Trainer 580 in Feb 09. We used it for the past 10 months without issues..Except that it contained to left cupholders. My son was running on it on Nov 30, 09 and the treadmill stopped abruptly causing him to fall and injure himself. I originally thought he had stepped off the side, but after some investigation I found that the drive motor had separated from the motor mount causing the drive belt to come off which resulted in the walking belt stopping abruptly...He didn't. He ran into the cross bar and fell backwards on the belt injuring his back. It appears the tension on the drive belt was so great that it caused one of the two motor mount bolts to shear off. I did some research and couldn't find where this has happened before...It may have been a defective bolt, but in any case I felt this warranted a warning to other consumers.
Review

Sears in Richardson, Texas - Dangerous garage door opener installation!

Purchased on 11-5, 3 installers so far none of which have fixed it. They have my $300 something dollars and I still have a garage door hanging by a 1/8 inch piece of steel, rigged to a bracket. I can't reach anyone to assist me, can't locate proper complaint numbers and am given the run around from all sides. Whatever happened to the SEARS we knew as kids, when you could actually depend on someone to provide good customer service. I'll never buy from SEARS again. The days of the trusted repairman are long gone.

In my opinion yours is the classic example when the consumer feels there is no recourse because of the costs involved. You are out $300.00+ dollars and your problem has not been resolved.

Can you afford a $150 - 300.00/hr. attorney to take care of your problem? Probably not.

However, check out my website at www.prepaidlegal/hub/fedder90 .

For the low cost of the monthly membership, you can have one of the top attorneys in your state as your advocate. This may be the solution you seek.

Do not use Sears Installation Services

I bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher from Sears on 11/14/09. The dishwasher was delivered and installed on 11/28/09. A Sears contractor installed the dishwasher incorrectly only mounting the right side and not the left side. The dishwasher is unstable. I called Sears Installation 4 times before they referred me to someone who could "help" me.I asked them them re-send someone out to fix the poor installation job. The rep said that it would be an another charge (in addition to the $165 installation fee that I already paid). I refuse to give Sears any more money and I will NEVER use Sears installation services, nor will I ever buy another appliance from Sears.

:zzz :sigh :eek