Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Warner Robins, Georgia - Proform XP Trainer 580 motor, injury warning

My wife and I bought the Proform XP Trainer 580 in Feb 09. We used it for the past 10 months without issues..Except that it contained to left cupholders. My son was running on it on Nov 30, 09 and the treadmill stopped abruptly causing him to fall and injure himself. I originally thought he had stepped off the side, but after some investigation I found that the drive motor had separated from the motor mount causing the drive belt to come off which resulted in the walking belt stopping abruptly...He didn't. He ran into the cross bar and fell backwards on the belt injuring his back. It appears the tension on the drive belt was so great that it caused one of the two motor mount bolts to shear off. I did some research and couldn't find where this has happened before...It may have been a defective bolt, but in any case I felt this warranted a warning to other consumers.
Review

Sears in Richardson, Texas - Dangerous garage door opener installation!

Purchased on 11-5, 3 installers so far none of which have fixed it. They have my $300 something dollars and I still have a garage door hanging by a 1/8 inch piece of steel, rigged to a bracket. I can't reach anyone to assist me, can't locate proper complaint numbers and am given the run around from all sides. Whatever happened to the SEARS we knew as kids, when you could actually depend on someone to provide good customer service. I'll never buy from SEARS again. The days of the trusted repairman are long gone.

In my opinion yours is the classic example when the consumer feels there is no recourse because of the costs involved. You are out $300.00+ dollars and your problem has not been resolved.

Can you afford a $150 - 300.00/hr. attorney to take care of your problem? Probably not.

However, check out my website at www.prepaidlegal/hub/fedder90 .

For the low cost of the monthly membership, you can have one of the top attorneys in your state as your advocate. This may be the solution you seek.

Do not use Sears Installation Services

I bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher from Sears on 11/14/09. The dishwasher was delivered and installed on 11/28/09. A Sears contractor installed the dishwasher incorrectly only mounting the right side and not the left side. The dishwasher is unstable. I called Sears Installation 4 times before they referred me to someone who could "help" me.I asked them them re-send someone out to fix the poor installation job. The rep said that it would be an another charge (in addition to the $165 installation fee that I already paid). I refuse to give Sears any more money and I will NEVER use Sears installation services, nor will I ever buy another appliance from Sears.

:zzz :sigh :eek

Sears Installation

Sears has horrible customer service

Sears is a horrible company to deal with. A few years ago we had them repair our glass top range, which took forever to get them to do. I swore I would never use them again but my husband talked me into buying a new washing machine from them because of the price. It was suppose to be delivered November 20th. Here it is December 1st and no washing machine. After 8 phones, numerous lies from the customer service representatives, and a great deal of frustration I cancelled the order tonight, went to ABC Warehouse, got a better machine for the same price which will be delivered tomorrow. I will say that Sears is very good at training their employees in lying and giving direct answers.

Its no wonder why sears is going out of business. I am having the same problem with a delivery on an item I purchased it is now a week later.

And I get nothing but automated phone calls every day saying to call them back. I call them back and they say to call back later. This is really un believable and Im actually going to cancel my order right now and go somewhere else.

I have never had such a horrible experience besides AT&T. Not to mention I am 100% sure they are outsourcing another reason why there are lost jobs here in AMERICA!

I totally agree. Sears is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I have gone through *** and back trying to get an Air conditioner I purchased. I repeat they are completly horrible. Even when I went into there store.

They are a company that is clearly stuck on ***. I will never,,, NEVER deal with them again.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT....REPEAT...*DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS*!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SALES PERSONNEL IN THE STORES MAY

BE VERY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS AND IF

THEY TELL YOU SOMETHING THAT ISN'T TRUE IT'S ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE NEVER TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS AND THE SO CALLED "CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS" DEPT.

I PURCHASED A NEW SAMSUNG FRONT LOADING WASHER AND DRYER ON DEC 3ND, PICKED IT UP ON DEC 4RD AND TRIED TO HAVE IT REPLACED ON DEC 5TH. THE SALES PERSON AT THE PEMBROKE, VA BEACH STORE WAS VERY, VERY HELPFUL AND HAD THE CAPACITY TO UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM WITH THE WASHER THAT I OWNED FOR A LITTLE MORE THAN 24HRS. SHE IMMEDIATELY CONTACTED CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS AND GOT A REPRESENTATIVE NAMED "MABLE".

WARNING! IF YOU EVER HAVE TO CALL THEM AND YOU HEAR THE NAME "MABLE" ON THE PHONE, HANG UP IMMEDIATELY AND CALL BACK A LITTLE LATER. SHE IS CONDESCENDING AND WILL TWIST EVERYTHING YOU SAY TO HER ADVANTAGE AND SUGGEST YOU ARE IMCOMPETENT AND THAT THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH AN APPLIANCE THAT ACTS LIKE IT'S POSSESSED AND STARTS JUMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE DAMAGING A WALL SOCKET AND ALMOST CREATING A FIRE!!!!!

LONG STORY SHORT, SHE DENIED THE CLAIM AND REFUSED TO REPLACE AN OBVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE APPLIANCE. WHEN THIS MACHINE WENT INTO HYPER MODE ALL THE LIGHTS STARTED FLASHING, THE NOISE FROM THE VIBRATIONS OF IT BANGING ALL OVER THE PLACE WAS SCAREY TO SAY THE LEAST. IF I DIDN'T PUT ALL OF 240LBS OF ME ON TOP OF IT, IT WOULD SOON HAVE DAMAGED FLOOR TILE, HOLES IN THE WALL AND A GOOD CHANCE OF A FIRE ERRUPTING FROM THE OUTLET. THE DEPT MANAGER IN VA BEACH FOLLOWED UP WITH HER SUPERIORS AND IT

WAS DETERMINED THAT THEY NEED TO SEND OUT ONE OF THERE TECHNICIANS FIRST TO DETERMINE IF THERE REALLY IS A PROBLEM.

I GUESS THE 'VIDEO' THAT WAS TAKEN AND SHOWN IN THE STORE WAS NOT EHOUGH TO SUGGEST...."WO, LOOK AT THAT THING GO CRAZY"! EVERYONE I SPOKE WITH IN THE STORE AGREED THERE WAS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE WASHER AFTER SEEING THE VIDEO.

BOTTOM LINE; NO SATISFACTION. IF I WANT TO REPLACE THE WASHER WITH AN IDENTICAL ONE, I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE CURRENT PRICE WHICH IS APPROX. $250.00 MORE.

IS THIS THE AMERICA WE ALL THINK WE LIVE IN??? AND WHAT ABOUT THERE LESS THAN HONEST POLICIES. I HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY

ANOTHER LARGE CORPORATION. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY MAKE THESE DECISIONS ARE 'COMMUNIST' DRIVEN. THE REACTIONS AND LACK OF SATISFACTION FROM THE CONSUMER SOLUTIONS DEPT. IS "FOREIGN TO ME" AND COULD BE SYMBOLIC AND VIEWED AS SOMETHING THAT WOULD MOSTLY LIKELY HAPPEN IN THE FORMER SOVIET UNION!!

PS--DID I MENTION I LIVE WITH A DISABLED PERSON WHO IS 57YRS OLD AND RECUPERATING FROM MAJOR BACK SURGERY. DOES SEARS REALIZE THE CONSEQUENCES OF SOMEONE PERHAPS BEING INJURED BY AN OUT OF CONTROL WASHING MACHINE! IT COULD HAPPEN BECAUSE HE OFTEN DOES THE LAUNDRY!

SO FOLKS, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, BUY YOUR APPLIANCES SOMEPLACE ELSE!

PEACE!

SEARS OVERALL HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A HYGE DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME OVER THE YEARS. THEY ARE 'LOSERS' IN TODAYS CUT-THROAT RETAIL GAME. I SAY, STOP ABUSING YOUR CUSTOMERS AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY WHEN YOU SELL YOUR PRODUCTS.

@J S***O-VA BEACH, VA 05DEC09

Why don't you all get together and try to get a class action suit going?

If everyone got together....(I have read several HUNDRED complaints) you probably could make Sears pay you for all the inconveniences and lying.

Something to think about at least. Wish you all luck.

View more comments (3)

Sears in Toronto, Ontario - New Kenmore range dead. 5 months withouth oven

We bought a new set of kitchen appliances from Sears on June 7, 2009. The oven worked for 2 weeks and then went dead. Three visits by Sears repairmen have served no useful purpose: Each one ordered a part that does not solve the problem. Each time they forgot us, and it was necessary to waste hours on the phone being transfer from a useless "customer representative" to another to get another repairman to show up and repeat the going through the motions pantomime. We have been without an oven for almost half a year now. Sears servicemen also damaged our kitchen counter during the installation, and promised someone would come to repair it. Five months and many, many calls later no one has come. We have written to the CEO to let him know what kind of company he is running, to no avail. Customers are Sears laughing stocks. The EO and his henchmen y must be having a blast someone still buys from them.
Loss

Sears and Kenmore get a big F on my report card!!!!!

Bought a washer/dryer pair on black friday which was to be delivered the next day. Got it delivered only to find that my brand new out the box KENMORE dryer doesn't work. Sears rescheduled it to be delivered Sun November 28th 2009 which they didn't deliver do to a "warehouse" issue went ahead a resheduled for Tues. December 1st 2009. Got a call Sun night from the automated machine saying i'm scheduled for monday from 1-3:30 "press 2 if you need to reschedule" Finally get a hold of someone and was told i would have to wait until FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!!!! Can you believe that. Kept arguing on the phone a was reassured that if i was home by six i could recieve it on monday. Monday morning comes around and i get a call from one of their drivers saying "by six o'clock I'll be at home with my family". Got on the phone with customer solutions once again and was told I would FOR SURE have it on Tues Dec 1st. Well here we are its Tues December 1st and no Dryer do to a "Warehouse" problem once again.
Review

Sears Customer Service is Horrible!

I had an issue with my refrigerator that needed a new drip pan. I called customer service to have them fix it. The woman didn't tell me that a part was needed. The technician that she ordered didn't even show up and called 2 hours past the window timeframe. Another technician was scheduled to come out. He did and then said he wasn't told anything about the problem. He said he'd have to order one. Another technician was scheduled to come out and when he arrived today asked where the part was. NO ONE told me that a part was coming to my house. I've wasted 3 days waiting for Sears and they didn't even bother to tell me what the policy was. When I called the complaint department they couldn't care less about the situation. I talked to a man named Angel, who kept interrupting me and saying there wasn't anything they could do. Didn't even apologize for the way things were handled. All he said was I'm sorry that you have had this experience, there is nothing I can do about it. They lost a customer! I will NEVER buy from Sears!
Loss

Sears in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania - Failure to Deliver

Here is an almost-exact copy of the email I sent Sears. It tells my story, and will hopefully help some of you make informed decisions about purchasing from Sears in the future. To Whom it May Concern, I Purchased an Electric Range from the Stroudsburg Sears Store on 11/15 for 476.99. After accessories, taxes, and delivery the total was 595.69. My experience in the store was wonderful; the associate Bill was able to help me quickly and efficiently. However, this is where the good ends. Unfortunately, it would take 10 days for this range to be in stock and delivered to my house. Annoying, but acceptable. This would make the anticipated delivery date 11/25, the day before Thanksgiving. As I was purchasing this range as a surprise for my mother (our current stove is an old Kenmore that has begun to break down, how ironic) I knew that I would need this range no later than 11/25. I was assured by Bill that it would be there, and while he could not guarantee a time, he assumed that it would be in the morning due to our close (45 min) proximity to they distribution center. 9 days later, 11/24- I get the call confirming my delivery time. 3-5 pm. I'm less than thrilled, as we need to begin cooking midday on the 25th. I ask to speak with an associate who tells me that they cannot change delivery times (Really, way to inconvenience your customers), but offers to leave a msg for the delivery team and assures me that it will be there. Morning, 11/25- I begin calling Sears home delivery to see if my delivery time has been switched. No luck. I am told that I am stop 15 of 18. Wonderful. The drivers are on stop 4. I have a long day ahead of me. 3pm, 11/25- My third or 4th call that day to Home delivery. Every time I have been told that they drivers are on stop 4. How long can one stop take? I finally find out that the truck has broken down. I call back 5 minutes later to see if I get the same story from someone else. I don't. 5 Minutes later I call again, same truck breaking down story, but now they've added a spin where my my items are getting on another truck and will be delivered to me by the reported time. 5pm. I'm holding my breath. 5pm, 11/25- I call again. At this point I've memorized the number so it really is no bother. (Side-note- Why am I calling about an Item I purchased in Pennsylvania, being delivered in Pennsylvania, and I am outsourced to Asia somewhere? Idiocy) Anywho, I am now informed that due to traffic my items will be arriving at 9pm. Yay. At this point I have had my 2nd of several mini meltdowns and have made the associates aware that the situation is completely unacceptable. They are apologetic, but ineffective. I want my range. 9pm, 11/25- Was the truck kidnapped by aliens? Have the workers staged a coup and made off with all of the appliances? Exciting though those possibilities may be, my range is still not here. I call again, to no avail. My new estimated delivery time is 11pm. Sounds odd. I did not know Sears delivered so late. (PS. The associates have REFUSED to give me Sears' delivery center's direct line, so that I can get this information myself. They insist on calling for me. You guys must get a great rate on Asia-US international calls). Another meltdown. I need a drink. Trying to go out to the bar, but oh wait, I have to wait around for this supposed delivery at 11 pm. I pace for 2 hours. 11:02 pm, 11/25- I call Home Delivery and demand to speak to a supervisor. He kindly agrees to the ridiculousness of the situation. He also informs me that Sears does NOT deliver past 9pm. Oh, lovely. I was just lied to for the past two hours. I could have been out having that drink. Darn. Despite apologizing for my now slightly ruined Thanksgiving (You ever try cooking a meal for 10 in a finicky stove and 3 working burners? fun.) the supervisor cannot help me. Perhaps I would like my delivery on Sunday? Sure, why not. Doesn't defeat the purpose at all. At this point I am on my way to the bar anyway. I acquiesce. He informs me that my range will be delivered on Sunday. Great. At least something worked out-I finally got that drink. Sunday, 11/29- Comes and goes. No call, no stove. No nothing. Lies. At this point I am questioning the integrity of people as a whole. What is truth? 10 AM, Monday, 11/30- I call my local Sears store to cancel my order and get my money back. They inform me that- wait for it- I have to call Home Delivery to do that. YAY my favorite people EVER. I call Home Delivery. I cancel my order (which is not without drama of it's own let me tell you- Newsflash-school your employees on how return procedures work. It ain't rocket science). I find that I will (maybe, hopefully) be getting my money back in the form of check and credit to the card(because I paid with 2 forms of payment). I am in peace now that this situation is over. Now you know my story, here are my complaints. 1- I purchase something in a STORE, I expected to be assisted by employees in that store, not Bangladesh. 2- "I don't know" is better than lying. 3- "I don't know" should never even be said! If employees are properly trained, they should know, or they should know enough to find someone who does. There is NO reason I should have been lied to and given the run around the number of times that I was. 4- I spent $600 dollars in your store. When purchasing a large ticket item, I expect to be treated as a valued customer. I am, in fact, doing you a favor. As a highly respected and influential member of my community, I am in a position to inform many people of the terrible ordeal that I went through. I doubt that Sears would want to be cast in that negative light, especially in such a slow economy and with the Christmas season right around the corner. This situation is highly unfortunate and unacceptable. I have been turned off to Sears and do not intend on purchasing anything there in the future- ESPECIALLY large ticket items, and I fully intend to advise my friends, family, partners, colleagues, babysitter, neighbor, bus driver, grocery checkout girl, former track coach, etc. to follow suit. Sadly, I still need a range. I went to Sears not because the price was the lowest (although that did help) but because of the superior reputation of customer service. Ironic, right? After this experience I will take my money elsewhere. I am more than willing to spend hundreds more to actually receive the items that I was promised, and to be treated with respect as a customer. And I can guarantee you that I will recommend to all of those around me to run (not walk), screaming, from Sears.
Sears Delivery Service

Poor service from sears

In Sept 2009 I purchased a lawn mower from Sears Canada. The first time I used the thing the cable that engages the front wheels to make it self propelled broke. I went back to Sears to have it repaired and they told me to take it to a local small engine repair shop that did their maintenance work.These people told me to contact Sears maintenance dept. After about 45 minutes on hold I spoke to a representative who advised me to go back to this repair shop and have the part ordered,which I did.That was on Nov 1st.As of Nov 30th I still have not received the part and I have been getting the run around ever since. I am very disappointed in Sears and vow never to shop there again.

I hear you! My LG washer I purchased from Sears along with their repair service has been broken for almost a year.

I can't tell you the run around I have experienced! Several diagnostic calls, no shows, wrong part, parts missing from the service truck and only discovered missing at my door, parts missing from their boxes and only discovered missing once in my house, parts in box but wires broken, and of course the ball gets dropped after every goof up. They have never once followed up. I have had to initiate contact every time and they never call me back.

I hate them!

I should just buy a new washer somewhere else, but it really burns me that they are getting away with this. What happened to we will get you a new unit if it can't be repaired?

Sears Repair

Sears Floor Jack is Junk

Several years ago I purchased a 3-1/2 ton full size floor jack from Sears. On taking it home, it wouldn't lift my wife's Toyota Rav4. I took it back right away and they exchanged it for a new one. I have used the new one only 10-15 times and now it won't lift my Toyota Tacoma Pickup or my wife's Acura MDX. Since the jack is out of warranty I called Sears' repair center in Providence, RI for a repair quote and they told me that as a policy, they don't repair floor jacks. Expecting a little more help than that, I asked the service rep "So I paid $100 for this jack and now I have to throw it away?" She replied "I guess so." I am not happy with this product or the support (or lack thereof) on the part of Sears. Anyone who looks at this jack in my garage can plainly see that it is nearly brand new. I appreciate the fact that the unit is out of warranty, but refusal to service their own product is reason enough never to buy another one from them.

This is what americans get for buying that foreign made ***. Someone gave me a 3 1/2 ton floor jack so I called sears about a seal kit and they said it is no longer available.

I went online and sites have them but for a few seals $55 , really, it's going to the scrap yard. If we keep buying foreign, where will our children work.

they r junk like the china stuff, throw it out i guess and buy another junk product

Sears/Craftsman jacks are garbage. It used to be you could get repair kits, replace a few seals, add hydraulic fluid and you'd be good for some years.

Now everything is disposable and can't be repaired. Throw it out.

Unfortunately floor jacks are considered a hand tool that comes with a lifetime warranty.

The only I can suugest is make sure there is enough fluid and the screw is tightening correctly on the hydraulic chamber.

Sometimes it pays to pump the jack up down a few times to circulate the fluid and get a good seal.

I would find out who made the jack for Sears and contact the manufacturer directly.

View more comments (3)