Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears review in Portland, Oregon: Membership fee

I have had a sears account for over 20 years, so I am sad to inform you that I will be canceling my Sears account at the end of this year because I don't feel that people that use there credit wisely and responsibly should be penalized. It is your choice to *** off your loyal customers, it is too bad you you feel the need to impose this fee at the risk of loosing faithful customers, as it is my choice not to shop at Sears or use my account again after this year since you have already enforced an unwanted $45.00 fee upon me.

This $45 membership fee also applies to employees. It angers me because Sales Associates are paid commisions for each application they "sell" to a customer. Sears is a joke, why would you sell your credit card to a 3rd party (citicard)? I have a great credit score (850+). My APR on my Gold Sear Premier card (member since 2005) is as follows:

Internal Purchases: 25.24%

External Purchases: 25.24%

Cash Advance: 27.15%

Effective Annual Percentage Rate: 110.81%

I could get a better interest rate if I went to the local pawnshop or a loan shark on the street.

This is a joke. Sears you created this Member Free to force your customers to close cards... Yet you still force your employees to sell them...

What happened? Did you give to much credit out without means to back it up? Failures.

Sears review in Stone Mountain, Georgia: Question of integrity

Dryer quit heating. Had service person look at it for $129. Decided to purchase new dryer - changed mind within 5 minutes. Service person - young man from Villa Rica/Douglasville, GA area, got on his phone with his tech manager - had conversation - asked how he was supposed to take change off his computer - after conversation, technician and I discussed how he ordered parts (we had not paid for them yet), how parts would be delivered - how Sears would call to set up repair date. 3 weeks later - no parts - no service call - no nothing. Husband called customer service - no parts ordered - customer declined service. No mention on their computer of how customer changed mind within 5 minutes of declining service. After 3 more calls on same day - final call being the number listed on this site; we got parts ordered, service day set up, and was told that there would be no more cost. Great! Today service to dryer was supposed to happen. Same service tech called to make sure I understood there would be a $70.00 cost. I said no because of call mentioned earlier. He had to call his tech manager - tech manager called customer service - customer service called me in the iterim - said I would have to pay the cost, but I would be reimbursed by Sears - could not provide anything in writing (email) that would confirm this agreement. I called technician to let him know what was going on - during this conversation, he basically said that once I declined service initially, he could not do anything else. My question to him was "Why didn't you tell me that in the first place?" He said he did; so in essence, he is saying I made up all the details of initial service call. This family will not do business with Sears ever again. I now understand why Sears is having financial trouble and why so many people have complaints about them. It is sad that such an old company cannot treat customers better than this. I will not tolerate others basically saying I lied about an event that took place. Customers are not always right with Sears, so maybe someone else will appreciate our business more. I will say that I have been a faithful customer with Sears for more than 30 years. They are great for saying sorry, but they are not great with communication and honesty.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD. GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I AM A FRIENDLY, POLITE, KIND CUSTOMER BUT AFTER TOO MUCH NONSENSE AND ABUSE I LEARNED TO TAKE ACTION AND STAND UP FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM ABUSED. I do this whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FIRED. THE MANAGERS WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE REPEAT OFFENDERS WITH MANY COMPLAINTS IN SOME CASES BUT I WILL BE RELENTLESS AND DEMAND THEY ARE FIRED IF THE ABUSE IS SERIOUS SUCH AS TELLING LIES ABOUT WARRENTIES, BEING NASTY OR MAKING SEXUAL REMARKS. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie, abuse and and treat customers like trash thinking they can get away with it. DO IT A FEW TIMES AND YOU WILL FEEL CONFIDENT EXPECTING THE BEST TREATMENT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER DESERVES. VOTE WITH YOUR $$$ AND BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT ABUSES OR CHEATS THE CONSUMERS. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLY YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***

Sears review in Melrose, Massachusetts: TV BROKE

My tv from sears has been fixed 10 times in the last year and i still have the same problems. I was told by sears customer service juila that they will replace my tv due to the major repair problems and they have not. I have called sear to no avail and they put my on hold never to return to the phone nor return my calls. This hase been an on goind problem. I am very upset. I have contaced the executive office still waiting to hear back from them. I am very upset. I will never purchase anything from sears again. There customer service is terrible. There are alot of places to purchase quality items today.
#152087

We had our one year old hood microwave stop working and after 9 separate service calls they finally conceded that they copuld not repair it. They agreed to replace the microwave with a new one so on the 10th service visit they showed up with a new hood microwave that had a large dent in the side and did not work either.

So now we still have no working microwave after 10 service calls and get nothing but a run around evvery time we call Sears.

Each person you talk to tells you something different and they will not give their names or connect you with their Management to get this resolved. So after 10 lost days of work, $150 in service fees, and months without a working microwave, we still have nothing for our efforts and no committment to fix the issue by Sears.

tv only 6mo. old cannot get parts.

nobody will give you any answers on when they will have any, our tv has not worked for over a mo.

W.T.F i am about to take it back to the store and tell them to stick it in there ***! we are on a payment plan and if they cannot fix it I WILL NOT PAY FOR A PIECE OF ***!!!

Loss

Sears sucks-worst company in service, delivery, stock, performance, accountablity

I am too exasperated to even go through my entire story, but they have the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service, online service and compensation that I have ever experienced with any company--even Best (Worst) Buy, which is so far below "sub-par" there isn't a word for it! Finally, after a month of over 15 hours (conservative estimate) worth of my phone calls (being on hold for over and hour to the point my phone went dead), their computer system being down (constantly), transfered an inordinate amount of times, I got my HUGE $13.52 refund AND a WHOPPING $5.00 gift card I am supposed to receive--STILL HAVEN'T! Never mind my stress level of an entire month of trying to get my daughter's pair of boots! RUDE SERVICE--ESPECIALLY MANAGEMENT. *****NO ONE IS ACCOUNTABLE OR HAS AUTHORITY TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU TO SIMPLY HELP YOU!!! We purchased a refrigerator for almost $2000 which has never worked right, and a treadmill which also broke, and a washing machine. Unsatisfactory service on those LARGE ticket items as well. So, from a small to a large purchase you can expect the same inadequate, exasperating, unacceptable, BELOW par service and quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Cafeleaette,

We are sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory service that you have received from Sears. We make it our goal to provide our customers with the highest quality of service and this clearly has not been done for you. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with the problems that you are currently experiencing with your refrigerator, treadmill, and washer. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com with any questions or concerns you may have. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Cafeleaette) in the email so we can reference to your case.

David V.

Senior Case Manager

Sears Cares

Sears Delivery Service

SEARS - pawn shop with a nice building

I've just received my new SEARS bill in Canada - 28.8% interest. There's not really much more I have to say about that sleazy company. I'll never step in a SEARS again and I've dealt with them for many years. I guess it took tough economic times for the parasite to show it's true colors. The part that irritates me is this is on existing credit card debt. Once this card is paid down I won't even think of SEARS for a purchase. I didn't read the fine print: "Bend over when you shop at SEARS and take it dry!"

The bottom line is all that matters to these people. Gone are the days of quality products and good customer service. I feel that they need to score big box retailers in the form of JD power or something similar.

Review

Sears review in Cleveland, Ohio: Waiting for front load washer parts since thanksgiving,

I called Sears in November for service on our Kenmore Elite HE front load washer, the service guy came right out the "next week" and he said bearings were bad, he would order them and be back "next week". After two supposed ship dates have past and no parts, its now Jan 16 2010 and they said parts would be shipped the 29th of Jan! WTF! Two months without a washing machine! By the way its only 4 years old and I bought the extended service program that is supposed to cover it so we'll see. Do I have any recourse? All I get from customer service in India is that Sears is sorry! Whose paying the laundromat bill?

Sears does have 30 day money back Guarantee its right on the back of the receipt. Thats a legal document they have to honor.

You don't have to have service guy come out and look at it. If you bought the product less than 30 days, Sears has to take back the product.

we had the same problem. But they did finally tell us that if the parts dont come im by 6 weeks they will replace the washer (they came in 2 days before the 6 week deadline).

Also if you bought the extended warranty they should give you a "rental" washer until yours is fixed. But not to worry it may not be resolved even after it is fixed. After almost 3 months without a washer they finally told us it cant be fixed. So we bought a new one 2 weeks ago and guess what.

It is now broken too and they are not willing to work with us. We called today and they said they will come out in 2 (yes 2) weeks. When we asked if we could just return it and get our $ back they said they had to come and check it first and only then can they fix it or get us a new one not give us our $ back.

NEVER again will I ever buy anything from Sears. We are so stuck and there is nothing we can do.

SEARS,Horrible Customer Service. Denying my Pdt.Reviews

Hanging with the customer service to deduce my coupon price. Spoke with three reps but i was mis-leaded. After a week, while contacting again, i was explained by another rep thatd the coupon is incompatible with the products i bought. Well, it may be a misunderstanding. Product (tops) received was not as described and the color i received was terrible that i never liked it. Tried to write reviews but it was never posted. They willingly keeping me out of posting my review since it scored only POOR. Never get yourself in to such disappointments.The website itself is under poor. !!!!!!!!!SEARS SUCKS !!!!!!!!

Product
Sears Coupon

Sears review in Reston, Virginia: Bad service contracts

have had a service contract with sears for my furnace and air conditioner for years, every year have my furnace and air conditioner checked as their recommended maintenance, the other day when my plumber was putting in a new water heater, he called me to the basement and told me the furnace did not sound right, it was going on and off, he even told me it sounded like the sensor was bad. I said i would call right away to have sears come out and look at it, any way he continued with his work, had to turn the gas off to put the heater in, but when he reconnected everything the furnace would not start again, i called sears again and said i needed someone out because my furnace no longer worked and it was winter in Illinois, they told me the earliest they could come was Saturday (it was wednesday morning), i said that was not acceptable and i had a service agreement with them and i could not be without heat for 3 days, they said that was all they could do, anyway i ended calling in a heater person to fix it. SO why do I pay hundreds of dollars a year to have my furnace checked once a year. I had a similar incident with the air conditioner, it did not work after the install (new from sears), I could not get them to come out (they argued that it was warranty versus service) and would cancel the appointment s without even calling. My brother-in-law came and found it was a hook up problem which he fixed - I left that go as a mishap, but now I am thinking they have no emergency service or thing they should do it. And I called their customer service and they sat and told me they should have expediate it to their emergency dept. and said they were sorry, never asked my name or anything to research the problem or go back to the person on the original call to better train them, another customer service person said they would try to expediate the appointment but found there was none sooner, so I go 3 days without heat, wrong - unbelievable bad service and I pay for this, never again.
Loss

Sears review in Elmhurst, Illinois: Waiting all day for delivery without any calls

Wow, this is the third time I bought appliances from Sears and this is the third times they are late in delivering the appliances. The sales associates were the NICEST ones out there, but the delivery service is the WORST. They told us last night that the delivery will be between 8-10am and we're the second stop. 10am..nobody arrived. We called and they told me that we're the 4th stop. Why DIDN"T THEY TELL US! How can they deliver to 4 places and install, within 2 hour window. TSK TSK TSK SEARS... you have a lot to fix. This will be our last time buying any appliances from you. We gave you two extra chances after our first bad experience...NO IMPROVEMENTS at all..in fact, it became worse. Last two deliveries, at least we got a call from the driver telling us that they're going to be late, and we ended up waiting the whole day!! I hope somebody from SEars is reading this and make more improvements, as I see there is always somebody complaining every day.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. COMPLAIN LONG AND LOUD AND GET THE DELIVERY SERVICE FIRED. OTHER WILL HAVE COMPLAINED. DO SOMETHING. DONT JUST TAKE IT.

sears does not employ any delivery. the delivery ppl are all private contractors.

That is why when you call in about delivery they forward you to another dept. Always make sure delivery tests appliances before they leave. Any damage. Refuse it.

Make them bring you another one before they install it.

Otherwise it is yours until a service tech can come look at it. I have gotten a few replaced immediately over the years but most of the time sears will tell us to fix it.

Sears Delivery Service

Sears review in Bemidji, Minnesota: Washer broke down 3 weeks later not fixed

Called Sears around Jan 2 to get my front load washer repaired. They came out Jan 5th to get it repaired, but needed new parts. Sears came back Jan 13th and found they were missing 1 more part. I got the part yesterday (Jan 15) but they can't come out until Jan 19th. It has been over 3 weeks to get my washer repaired. I will not buy SEARS products or use their repair service again. They are not customer oriented. The total cost for my washer which originally cost around $600 dollars six years ago is $663 dollars.

My mom has been without a washer for going on 6 weeks !!!! Same story, every time they come back either another part needed or part that was sent was broke, WIS TV in Columbia, S.C will be contacted if this is not fixed VERY SOON !!!! We'll see if they can give the good people at Sears the publicity they richly deserve !!!!!

To Paasamson,

First allow me to apologize for the delay in responding to this post. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear about this issue with your front load washer. We do try to get service calls completed in a timely manner as we understand the impact it has on your life. There are times when we find there are other parts involved or by human mistake, a part we ordered from the manufacturer doesn’t arrive. For these things we are sorry. If you are still having problems, please contact my office and we’d be glad to help. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance in question was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Paasamson) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.