Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania - I am a handicapped woman who has a master protection plan and it has been a month since we reported

I am a handicapped woman who has had her oil burner out for a month now. The furnace is a replacement and last year as well which is when we got it as this seems to be out again. It is giving oil smells throughout the entire house. No heat no hot water. We have been heating water on the stove to wash. And were forced to get 3 space heaters which I could have used that money for ahhhh lets see food or clothes. Which I should have been able to. The repair man said he is doing this because sears is not paying him. And sears is playing it cute as well. So yeah I have to say me and my wheelchair do not appreciate the way we are being treated. I have a terrible cold now and am exhausted. Why cant they just fix the dang thing or replace this faulty one. Which they should have since it is part of the lemon law.

The product is from sears worked on by sears techs affirmative action from my county finally came in and replaced it. Stating sears doesnt have the slightest idea what they are doing. Since I am handicapped and have nothing it was replaced for free

The question I have is is it a sears tech that was working on your furnace. If not why not.

Have you call sears repair or the manufacturer to get it fixed. It sounds like the repairman you had out to repair it was an independent contractor and not a sears authorized repairman. As for the repair service well sears techs are on their way out and are joining up with a new service that is also nationwide. A&E factory services.

It is a joint venture between sears and whirlpool. The techs have more phone numbers to get assistance and work with third party insurance also. They ran by a different division that they have to answer to. Their number is 1-800-905-9505.

They should be able to get you the service you need. As for the stores well even most techs avoid them. We prefer to go outside the store for parts we don't carry and order from our store only if we can't get the parts from local parts stores. We also carry a large assortmant of common replacement parts on our trucks but we can't carry everything.

I apologize for the treatment you received from the repairman that worked on your furnance. there are unfortunately some out there that aren't happy with their jobs and pass it on to the customer.

Sears has gone downhill & continues to... They have their employees post responses on complaint sites like these to humiliate the complaining consumer.

Spend your hard earned money anywhere else but Sears...

Note: The story with the handicapped woman is par for the course with Sears. I will not be unhappy when they close their doors.

View more comments (2)
Product
Sears Protection Plan
Loss
We have some serious issues with Sears lately that have inconvenienced us big time. First we ordered a 50" plasma which I took a day off of work to be delivered per Sears and the 5 automated calls telling us what days and what time it would be delivered. On the day...

How is the customer humiliated if the employees post responses to their complaint? If anything it shows they are at least trying to communicate to you.

I don't know what world you're living in... a customer complains then an employee responding to it doesn't sound in any way humiliating...

View more comments
Sears Delivery Service

Sears Repair----Uh as If!

Sears has 3x sent me the incorrect part which they ordered. I have finally started opening it to verify that it is the correct part and upon discovering that it is the incorrect part once again, I have tried calling them. getting them on the telephone to obtain the correct part requires an act of congress. i feel like i am an expert in Muzak now. i have been on hold now for approximately 1.25 hours waiting for a supervisor. While doing this i am researching complaint routes and found this website. I will NEVER buy another appliance from Sears again. I have been with out the use of my stove since September. What can we do? This is maddening.

as a repair tech for sears I wouldn't be the first to say that most techs are less than properly trained. Most are straight off the street with some knowledge in electronics.

If you can pass the test/background check/drug test you get the job. As for training. well you get to ride with a senior tech for if you are luck 2 weeks. It gives you a rough idea of what you are expected to do.

With the constant new appliances being built many of us have no idea how to repair some of them. We do share tricks of the trade between us. A lot of times our hands are tied because of our tech support rules that even though we may know what is causing the problem but won't authorize the correct parts therefore creating a long drawn out several weeks long repair call. If we just order the parts without authorization we get in trouble and stand to lose our jobs.

As for service plans well they can be good or a waste of money. As with all master service plans if there are 4 repairs within a 12 month period. machine is not economical to repair or no parts available. Sears normally will replace it with the next comparable model.

However no service plan will replace a machine if problem is caused by rust or if cust attempts to repair the machine themselves. I have gone out of my way to help customers resolve issues with sears and appliance manuf. Most are happy with what I tell them to do to get results usually saving them money. Also Sears repair is on its way out.

They are converting all its techs over to A&E Factory Services which is a joint venture between Sears and Whirlpool. A&E unlike Sears techs work with appliances bought at other stores like Lowes/Home Depot and Best Buy. A&E also works through many insurance companies and has to answer to them also so if you deal with them please be patient as they may be having to follow your insurance companies repair instructions.

Not all insurance companies will pay for everything. read the fine print before you buy any service plan through a insurance company.

Air conditioner went on the fritz 2 weeks ago and phoned Sears Warranty to respond. Technician came out 2 days later and advised that the part would need to be ordered and that he would be back the following Wensday.

Wensday came and the tech returned and the part not delivered yet so call Sears again.

They claimed the part was shipped but unable to provide tracking number and refered me to the vendor that they get part from who informed me they didn't have part in stock and were getting it from another vendor.

This is not the first bad experience we have had with Sears over the same air conditioner unit and in this Florida humidity, it's horrible. I or my family will no longer be purchasing anything detrimental from this company due to there consistant lack of quality service.

Product
Sears Website

Sears Maytag Washer

New washer and dryer delivered last night late. Delivery people nice, but very hurried. It was dark, I was number 14 on the list of 18 deliveries that day. The washer has a problem with water line. I have done all of the troubleshooting in the book. The gas dryer hookup was not long enough and they just used the old line. Nothing works...it will be over a week before they can return to see what the problem is. After being on hold with 5 different people at Sears customer repair, being cut off, transferred, for over one hour later I am not a happy consumer.

Sorry to hear about your experiance with the delivery service. Take in mind that these delivery ppl are contracted by Sears and are not Sears employees.

They are paid by the delivery not by the hour and after following up behind one delivery team for several weeks reinstalling appliances that team was reprimanded and they loose a portion of the money for that installation. Make sure the tech shows that the repair was needed due to installation error and notifies his supervisor of what he/she finds. Never in a gas dryer installation should the old flex line be reinstalled. It could leak causing a gas leak.

Of course through the tech a replacement gas line is a extra charge as it is not covered under the warranty for the machine unless you had a prior arrangement with the store for installation of a prepurchased flex line.

I have found many times the delivery ppl were either in a hurry or just careless on installation. In some cases I have requested a replacement machine due to it being damaged by delivery.

I truly apologize about the inconvenience, I can definitely relate to how being cut off and transferred repeatedly as frustrating. If I may suggest contacting Delivery Solutions at 1-(800)-732-7747 if you have not already called us from that department, or even e-mail us at searscares@searshc.com as soon as possible to ensure we contact you in an effective manner to discuss solutions that will meet your needs.

Again I truly apologize about what you have been going through because that is definitely unacceptable. Your business with Sears is greatly appreciated, and I hope you will stay shopping with us.

Sears in Richmond, Virginia - Getting a part for a new refrigerator-absurd

I had a refrigerator (Kemore Elite) delivered on September 17th at my new home. I had told the salesperson of our address change and he so noted. The frig was delived to the correct address, but the handle was missing a set screw that held it to the door. The delivery person got be in touch with the repair parts person and I told him the correct address (They had our old address as well as the new and I advised him to fix) to sent it to (my husband would put it on). Was to be here 7 to 10 days. Didn't show up. After 3 phone calls and 1 on-line to blue crew, found shepped to our old address. Last call September 30th. They promised me to reship (could not expedite as they can't/won't contact anyone by phone). Needless to say, it is November 2nd. Still not here. Contacted Sears once again. After on the phone for an hour and a half (speaked with 3 different people), they are sending me a new frig. What a crock. They are sending a new frig for a 10 cent screw. How do they make money. Sure am glad I don't own any stock with them. I'll deal with the Mom and Pop shops from now on. They care whether they keep their customers.
Sears Repair
When my refrigerator quit working, I was scared. I had, of course, just gone to the grocery and I wasn't sure I could afford another in time to save my food. I work a minimum wage job and two part-time minimum wage jobs in order to make ends meet. I am divorced with...

Sorry to read about your misfortune at Sears. However, I have to ask...is it worth crying repeatedly over? Yeah, it's a tough situation but you have to fight through it and hopefully, you'll come out on top. But I do feel bad for you.

Sears has always played dirty and underhanded. (Hey, it's tough out there) Ever since I was a kid...I vividly remember getting the Xmas catalog and looking through everything. I would get so excited when I was looking at the video games. Sears deliberately superimposed pictures from actual arcade game screens and placed them in pictures for some video games. They did this for a few other mini-cabinet games as well. That was such and underhanded, dirty trick.

Sears has been doing dirty things like this for quite a long time

View more comments

Sears ...terrible service!!

We bought a refrigerator from Sears 4 months ago. We also bought a "NO LEMON " Warranty. The refrigerator broke down after one month. We had 3 service calls over the next month to fix the problem.Each service call ended with the teach saying that they needed to order a part. A part arrived on the 4TH SERVICE CALL. IT WAS THE WRONG PART. The tech that day ordered another part. IT WAS ALSO THE WRONG PART ON THE 5TH SERVICE CALL. We went to Sears and said enough!! We want a new refrigerator. THEY SAID OKAY BUT THEY DISCONTINUED CARRYING THE MODEL WE BOUGHT. WE FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS THE LATEST MODEL FOR THAT BRAND AND TOLD THEM TO FIND ANOTHER SOMEWHERE AT A SEARS STORE IN THE USA. They finally found one and said that it would be delivered in 2 weeks on a Sunday between 3- 5 pm. It is now 6:30 pm on that Sunday and it is still not here!!!! DO NOT TRUST SEARS. WE HAVE LOST OUR CONFIDENCE IN THE COMPANY!!!!! Jeff from Greenbrae California

It is even worse when you complain in their stores to any management (they will publicly humiliate you), and their corporate complaint process is a complete waste of time. Spend your hard earned money anywhere else but Sears...

I really apologize about the inconvenience, I definitely understand how frustrating that must have been to not have the fridge that you were promised between 3-5 p.m. If I may suggest contacting Delivery Solutions 1-(800)-732-7747 if you have not already contacted them, or even e-mail us at searscares@searshc.com.

Either way try to communicate your situation to us as soon as possible so we can resolve this in an effective manner with a solution that meets your needs.

Again I am so sorry about this, because we really do appreciate your business with Sears. I hope you can stay shopping with us.

Review

Beware of sears master card.

i have had a sears regular blue card since 1973.well they send me a sears gold master card and showed a low interest rate for balance transfers.i utilized this thinking i would save some monies,ye right.it worked out ok for about 6 months.i get payed on the 1st.of each month and the bill was due on the 30th.i tryed to chage the due date to no avail.i was late 1 day on a payment,they charged me 30.00,which later was reversed.my interest rate jumped to a whopping 29.99% from about 14%.the fertilizer hit the ventilator and i called and talked to someone to no avail and requested to talk to the supervisor.she said that beings i was late on the payment is why the card had jumped up in rate,i told her the charge was reversed and she said it did not matter.i ashed to talk to her supervisor and she said they do not talk to customers.i told her i would no longer need their card,i was going to pay it off some way,and cut the card up icontacted a credit union,got a secured loan at 7% fixed rate and cut the card up.beware of this card.

I have had a sears mc for 2 yrs. paid on time, i thought i was a good customer, but the other day I received a letter stating they was closing my account for inactivity.

In which this has hurt my credit. Only reasons I did not use the mc that much is that Sears IS NOT the store I remembered as a child.

I will not buy anything from sears or kmart again. I hope sears go under

I think Citibank has the Sears credit cards.

You complaint is a common one. I've heard to many stories where people have been less than 24 hours late and they're getting penalized twice with a fee and an increased APR.

Treatment like this gives many an incentive to go through a settlement process or even bankruptcy. How does increasing a person's APR give one incentive to speed up payments I don't know.

I'm pretty sure Citibank is calling the shots on this. I don't even think the stores or Sears could do anything unless you return your purchases with another penalty or restocking fee.

moondog_67_2000

I am so sorry I have to say this once again. I use to be a solid Sears customer that would go toe to toe with anyone who tried to get me to believe that Sears was a junk store.

Then 1 fathful day I walked into a Sears store in Traverse City MI and paid CASH for a brand new snow thrower, a set of 4 brand new directional snow tires at a tune of over 700 bucks in CASH as well as a 110 welder also paid for in CASH... The snow thrower fell apart lierally after the 7th use. This thing was so new that Sears had not started mass producing replacement parts yet for it. Well it took an act of the Michigan Government to get Sears to uphold their end of the bargain.

It wasnt like I wasnt trying to cooperate.

Even though I am paralized in my right leg and had no other way to clear my drive, I still waited almost 2 months for anyone to do anything for me. So, I am sorry to burst any bubbles but Sears is not the store you once knew as a child & that is not a good thing at all.

View more comments (2)

Sears rebates not honored

Sears does not honor rebates for appliances. I purchased a dishwasher and a refrigerator totaling $2,100 on the same day. Both had rebates associated with them, but because I used zero financing on the purchase of the refrigerator, they would not honor the installation rebate of $99.00 for the dishwasher. When I called about the "processing" status of the rebate 60 days after submitting it, I was to it did not qualify for the rebate because of the zero financing for both products even thought I paid for the dishwasher in 30 days. I will never shop Sears again.

What did Sears famous Blue Crew tell you when you bought the appliances? They don't sound very helpfull when they don't even tell you it's 0 financing OR rebate before you buy.

Sears Installation

Sears Sells Unreliable Vacuum Cleaners

We bought a vacuum cleaner and paid for a 5 year warranty from Sears. We have owned the machine for 3 years. We have had to take it in to be repaired 4 times. The last time, we had to haul the machine 50 miles round trip because the local service center closed, the local store wouldn't accept it and didn't tell us there were any closer places we could drop it off. They refused to repair by mail. When we went to pick up the vacuum the 4th time, we heard an employee say he had to go to the store 2 miles from our home to get something. Why couldn't he have dropped off our machine so we wouldn't have to drive? Don't bother to contact the home office in Chicago. The staff there has no power to obtain satisfaction or respond in any meaningful way. All they do is apologize and say "thank you for shopping Sears".

yea your right, the sales person made that vac just for you in the back room. blame the company's that make them not the retailer's... by the way you can drop it off at the store to be sent out and repaired.

#82002