Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears

Holy Cow, I will NEVER buy anything from Sears.com again! Same complaint as others here, my order has not arrived when promised. UPS tracking info say " Billing Information Received", but has not actually shipped. My original order was for three items, I then received an email stating one of the items was out of stock, so down to two items. Next I get an email telling me "Your item is ready for In Store Pickup", even though it was to be shipped. I contacted customer service through their "Live Chat" feature (which, by the way is now inactive!), and was told that the email was in error and I would receive the package at home. So I waited.... The package was supposed to arrive Yesterday ( I paid for Next Day Air), but is still listed as "Billing Information Received", which means it was never picked up by UPS. I will not receive the package for the Holiday. I called the customer service line, and spoke to Luella, she told me she couldn't cancel my order because it had been proccesed, that means I have to pay next day shipping on an item I may not get for weeks. She also told me the in store pickup item was actually out of stock, but once they got it in it would be shipped to the store, they would then ship it to me!???!! She told me to call 800 549 4505 to complain, there I spoke to Melissa, she told me to call 800 349 4358. I called that number and spoke to Doug, he uselessly told me to call 800 549 4505 again! Just for grins I called that number again, and spoke to Lorenzo, he told me I had to call 800 549 4505! When I explained to this Rocket Scientist that was the number I just called, he said that's all he could do for me! So now I have none of the items originally ordered, and no chance of getting them for Xmas. I don't have any idea when they will arrive, yet I still have to pay the Next Day shipping charge. On top of that I get the Royal Run-Around from customer service!!! All I can say is BEWARE OF BUYING FROM SEARS>COM, and if you are an employee of this company, you better start looking for another job, cause the ship is sinking, and FAST!
David
Sears Response

know what you mean,

I'm sorry you've had problems with our delivery service or any of our services. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (know what you mean) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Brian H.

Sears Cares

I will NEVER buy anything from Sears.com again EITHER. In my opinion,their shipping methods or service is terrible

With Official Company Response
Loss

Sears left me with no Christmas Gift!!

I am so pissed at Sears.com right now. I am never ordering anything from this company again. I am left without a Christmas gift for someone because this company does not have their *** together. I got an email 7 days ago saying my item was shipped yet no one knows where it is. The customer services people kept telling me it was shipped and I said no it wasn't according to the tracking info, I called UPS and they received billing info but not the actual package. When I called Sears back I actually had a customer service agent tell me "to not give up hope and she had a good feeling I would have it by the 24th". I then called back to see what someone else would tell me and they said my order hadn't even been fullfilled yet. When I finally spoke with a manager he said the package is ready to be shipped. Since I didn't trust this manager because everyone at Sears lies, I called back today and spoke with another manager who said it hasn't been fullfilled and no one can tell me when it will be. But she will remove my $6.95 shipping fee because that totally makes up for me not having a Christmas gift for someone!! So needless to say, I sit here knowing nothing about my package and am helpless. Sears has ruined my holiday spirit for today and $6.95 will not make it better!! *** Sears!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered something on line and they sent it to another STATE by mistake and I tried to tell them 5 minutes after I ordered it and no one would do anything.

It went to the other state and they tried to charge me of the merchandise anyway.

We never even SAW the package or merchandise and they wanted us to pay for it.

We got confirmation from a friend that the package had been taken back to the Sears store in the city where it was delivered. I think they knew they were had at this point as we could prove the package had been taken back. We finally, after several months got the credit for that merchandise. I think, at the end of the day they will only do the right thing if they are afraid you will retaliate legally. Otherwise they feel you can't afford legal representation and so they can do as they wish.

Thankfully they did refund my money and shipping. They also told me they are sending me a gift card too but I am not holding my breathe. Angela, good luck with your claim!!

Same exact problem here, only it was a good chunk of my kids' Christmas gifts! I got the total run around too and excuses on why they couldn't cancel my order and return my money.

Same as with you, told me it shipped but the only thing UPS has is billing info. So, I filed a complaint with the BBB and a dispute with my credit card.

I have everything in writing though (use email) so I've got them telling me their lies in writing...repeatedly! Interestingly enough, they were supposed to respond to the BBB complaint on the 4th and failed to do that too.

Exactly the same problem as you

Sears is not what it use to be. I've had multiple problems with online store as well as the store in the Mall.

I just stopped going.

They hired lower payed workers with less experience and gave them no power to correct anything. Sears will not be in business much longer.

Gotta love the Blue Rip-off Crew!

View more comments (5)

Sears Kenmore - Faulty dishwasher motor

I purchased a dishwasher from Sears on 10-07. I just had problems with the dishwasher and it quit working. The technican came out and said that the motor failed. I need a new motor. His charge will be $230 for the motor and $164 for the labor. I did not purchase an extended warranty so the technical said nothing was covered. I called Sears to see what they could do to help me out with the cost. I have in the past purchase other Sears products and I feel I am a good customer of theirs. The first gentleman I spoke with said he could do nothing for me. I then asked to speak to someone else and he put me through to the Sales Department. I spoke with Don McCabe who also said he could not help me out. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He put me through to Sandra who said all she could do was to give me the standard rate pricing of $129 which would only save me $35. She told me I should have purchased the warranty. I am very unhappy with this service and will NEVER purchase another Sears product again. I didn't expect to get it done for free but I did expect a better labor discount that $35. I've had better service relations with car dealerships than I just had with Sears.

why are you complaining. you decided not to get the insurance, its your own fault.

We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher around the same vintage and time frame as you. The mod # was 665.17369300, s/n FP4807180, it has a black front and touch pad controls.

We did not purchase ext. contract either. When the unit was less than 2 yrs old, it would continue to wash forever, and not rinse. The timer/control was the fault and is electronically controlled.

A new control was not available, only remanufactured. I have purchased many Sears, Craftsman, Kenmore appliances, tools ,lawn&garden from them also. Upon my fired up complaints to them via web-site, they replaced the control under customer service policy, no charge. Then a few months later the heating element failed.

Again, after fired up complaint, they covered that too assuming that maybe the failed control might have caused the heating element failure.

It does pay to ***, and the squeaky wheel really does get the grease in some cases. Hope this helps.

Sears review in Chatham, Illinois: Delivery of Appliances

In July of 2009, we visited the Sears store "Hometown Store" located in Jerseyville, Illinois. It was their grand opening. We were looking at a new front end washer and dryer. Our old one worked just fine. We were just up grading. I ask the clerk the price. She told me the price. Then she said there was a $75.00 delivery charge. I asked to talk to the manager. She said, I am the store manager. I stated that I would not pay for the delivery. As we were leaving the store she stopped us and said wait there was a coupon we could fill out and mail to Sears to get the $ 75.00 delivery back. We bought the washer and drier, filled out the coupon mail it in and waited. Two weeks ago (December 11, 2009) we stopped by the store and the salesman told men we could not get 0% finance and free delivery. I stated that is not what the Store Manager stated to me. We stopped in on (December 18, 2009) and talked to the store manager. She stated to me again that I could not get the $ 75.00 refund on the delivery. I e-mailed Sears asking for the Regional Manager. No one will give me the regional manager's name. I statement to people buying from Sears is to ask for the Regional Manager's name. The Store is: Hometown Stores (Sears) 1679 South State Street Jerseyville, Illinois 62052 618-942-8400. My name is John Reif R.R. 3 box 230A Carrollton, Illinois 62016 e-mail johnereif@hotmail.com Thank you

so you bought your washer and dryer in july, then you came back in december hoping to get the current promotion? hah.

You told them "I will not pay for delivery." what do you think this is?

ebay? you cant negotiate or haggle the prices.

I purchased a dishwasher from Sears in Rocky Mount, NC. Picked it up myself & they were suppose to deliver it in couple of days.

Well the manager didn't care & the one to install it didn't care, which names r Susan or Suzanne, manager, & Greg, installer. Well he kept putting my father off. Though he was something. Well people out there never buy from Sears, I mean NEVER!!!!

What I have been thru that store shold be shut down. Never seen anything like it. They don't care, as long as u buy it, then ur in *** after getting anything done by them.

Take my advice again NEVER buy anything from them & those people shoule be fired. Bye

Product
Sears Coupon

Sears cheats and lies

I was told online Sears that the scooter was good for ages 13 and up. After I paid $269 dollars for the scooter and waited for the shipment, I found out in my state you have to be over 16 to use it. My son is 13 so I returned it to the store and they put threw a credit on my Debt card, I ask for store credit because I still needed a present for my son. Was told no it had to go on to the debt card, well after 5 days 4-5 hours on the phone I still have no credit on my card and no answer as to why being told different things for every one I talk to at your company, Now with only a few days to Christmas looks like my son goes with out, Thank you Sears, Oh yes and on the return slip it says they would process and release the money immediately, no money lost shipping cost even if I ever get my money back . Every one I spoke with was deceitful and I will post on ever web site I can how you cheat people and lie . I have posted on several web sites all ready and I am looking to form a class action law suit against you. You have ruined my sons Christmas and I plan to make you pay for it so you will think twice before hurting others, With the letters to every news paper in my area. I hope this cost you thousands.

So lying to customers is under the state law Are you really that *** to think it was about the time to get a refund it was about the employees being totaly miss informed and on the reciept is say that the money has all ready been released, I know you must work for sears

Sears shouldnt be at fault because you didnt know your state laws! It usually takes a couple days to have your money refunded through any store, your fault for waiting last min! Stop complaining!

Sears review in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Washer and dryer

I looked at a washer and dryer which my wife wanted from Home Depot, and decided I would purchase the same unit from Sears instead. I called customer service (national and the Lawton, Ok store) to make sure the items were in stock and that they would be installed. The customer service person told me I needed to purchase a new gas line if service was going to install the dryer (which I did). Then placed the order including a new gas line and a haul away charge for the old dryer making sure that the units would be both delivered and installed and the old dryer hauled away. The units arrived today, and I was told, "We can not install the dryer because it is gas and a plumber must do that. Additionally, we can not remove the old washer because a plumber is required to shut off the water (there is a shut off faucet right at where the washer hose connects). Additionally, they could not hook up the washer because it must have new hoses and a plumber must turn the water on." Obviously, since they did not uninstall the old unit,and could not haul it away either. The washer and dryer cost about $150 more from Sears, and then there was a delivery and haul away charges bringing the total about $250 above the price from Home Depot where I would have had to pick up the units and then install them myself (I'm 66 yrs old). I have probably $20,000 -$25,000 of items Purchase from Sears in the last several yrs mostly tools), but I will never purchase another item from Sears! Now, after delivery, when I called customer service, they said, "Oh, the delivery/install people can not do anythng with gas!" Customer service did offer me a gift certificate, but only for $25.

I had a simliar thing happen to me and my wife just recently. When the Sears guys came out they couldn't hook up to the gas line we currently had..

So I told them just to leave the old dryer as is and we will have a plumber fix the line. Well guess what they broke our gas line that we currently had in place. So we couldn't use our old dryer. So we went to use our new washer and water was just pooring out of the bottome of the washer..

I finally told them to come pickup both the washer and dryer and refund my money.. They gave me a hard time refunding the delivery and installation charge.. I told them then they can just pay my plumber bill since their techs broke my gas line.. I'm still fighting with them...

Sears = Horrible customer service.. I will never buy anything again from Sears.

Should have gone to Lowes.

Review

Will never purchase anything from Sears

I recently found out that sears been charging me for the past 5 years for a 8.95 fees for protection that i never sign for. These mother *** they will try anything to get you money. I attempted to get my money back but of course they will not give it back scumbackks greedy ***. I will never shop there again nor will i ever use the card at kmart or any other place. I decided to pay them off and the heck with their business. Anyway thought I should share it with you guys... I hope that one day they bankrupt because thats what they deserve.............

Sears review in Yakima, Washington: Service

Sears or any other company requires a technician verify a control part is needed before it can be ordered and a technician needs to install it or the warranty is void.

Sears or any other company requires a technician verify a control part is needed before it can be ordered and a technician needs to install it or teh warranty is void, get ov er it.

Just return it, buy a new one somewhere else..

View more comments (2)

Sears Waranty

On November 12, 2009 I purchased a Pro-Form XP Thinline 480 Elliptical Exerciser at Sears store in Billings, MT. On November 30, 2009 I called the phone number provided on the user manual (1-800-469-4663. In speaking to the technician I explained that the console was faulty and that multiple sets of batteries were tested, the wire connection was checked and all wires were inspected for kinks, cuts or other disrepair and the reed switch was adjusted. He suggested that a technician come and inspect the machine. While this would be a plausible resolve I live in the county and it is over an hour from there to town. I requested that a replacement could be shipped to my home and I would install the replacement console or I would bring the old one to town and replace it with the technician. The first tech hung up on me and when I called back I was transferred to Sears Customer Relations and they assured me a new part would be sent to my home but would need to transfer me to parts. The parts department said they could not authorize the part and the Warranty Dept. would need to do so. Warranty would not order part because Parts did not authorize the part but once again a tech could come to my home and perform the same diagnostics I was told the tech would do. Back to Customer Relations yet a new person that had to be informed of the situation. Transferred back to parts and again to warranty, same as above no one would honor the warranty provided with the elliptical. Sears will send a tech out requiring a minimum two hours round trip but would not ship, trade otherwise work with a customer with warranty issue. Back with customer relations I once again explained the situation and was told if I was to install the console myself I would void my warranty. I explained that the instruction manual had me install it at time of the installation and I was capable of doing this. After further debate I asked why I was wise enough to install the original console but not a replacement was it installed differently? I was told "I'm not sure why that is sir" "But if the technician that comes out says you can then we can have you install it. Back to parts department and then to the warranty department and nothing was resolved. I was once again transferred to customer irritations who wanted to transfer me to parts. After 3 technicians said that I had performed the same diagnostics they would have I was still required to take a minimum day off of work to wait at my home for a part everyone agreed needed to be repaired. The warranty states a 90 day warranty which would extend in February 2010 and nothing that indicates a technician would need to respond to verify the disrepair of their product. Sears rep called to once again inform me that they would not cover the above statement
Loss

Sears cheats and steals from it's employees

On black friday, store management limited the number of cash registers to be used by sales associates. Sales associates work at 6.00 plus commission. So associates cannot get credit for the customers they help. Hundreds of dollars lost in commission and profits go up for Sears. Sears has no soul and no shame. Associates are told they cannot receive commission on sales unless that salesperson actually rings the customer out. Even the LOSS and Prevention guys are told to watch the employees in case they use the "wrong" register. The Loss and Prevention people spend more time watching video of employees than the shoplifting that is going on. These occurrences have been common practice at the Oxmoor SEARS in Louisville, KY for the last two years.
experiment1195

Sears used to have an actual register process for a non commission employee to ring a sale for a commission employee. Many managers would ok another to ring a sale for the commission employee as long as they were on the sales floor.

But many managers hate to pay walk up sale commission even though the commission employee did the work anyway by talking to the customers, stocking, cleaning, signing and /or processing returns and exchanges. A high enough base pay would eliminate problems like this but Sears want to get by with the MINIMUM no matter the consequences.

#206768

I have to say

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

until you know what goes on in the store, don't write what you pretend to know!!! That *** is hilarious

I know manager here in san jose CA at oakridge mall the beard guy is ***. No employee skills or customer service skill.

He likes to hard ball the customer when they come in for price match. We should be moving product not losing loyal customers.

They need to train our guys how to sell. When we go under it is due to middle management

View more comments (2)