Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

The new sears customer satisfaction survey

On your latest trip to Sears did the cashier point out a website on the bottom of your receipt? I am wiling to bet they did. We are all required to do that without question. But here is the kicker. We are only allowed to do that for the customers we feel we made a strong connection with. We use to mention it to you all but now we are told to descriminate agaisnt you unless you spend alot of money in our store. I refuse to discriminate any of my customers and let everyone know they have a shot at a 4000 gift card by answering a short survery online. I have been written up twice for this and I am on the *** of losing employment after 4 yrs of service. You know the main reason why? Because if our store manager has too many complaints filled out in the verbatim section they get chewed out by their hire ups. So we are told to discriminate against you unless you open your wallets big time. Ask your cashier the next time you visit sears about this illegal practice.

Purchased windows from Sears in November/December 2011. The patio door was made backwards.

it is now February 2012 and I still do not have my patio door. Was finally called to schedule an appointment to have my patio door installed and was stood up. Sears has not bothered to call and apologize or offer anything for my inconvenience. the person selling the windows couldn't bother to charge his own phone and needed mine.

I have a cell only and pay for landline to cell minutes. this man cost me 200 dollars on my cell phone. All I got was a gift certificate, no patio door and a 200 dollar phone bill oh yeah and told there was no-one I could contact with my complain so I needed to just take it. It is now February 20, 2012 still no patio door and no call from Sears.

What I would like to know is, what is Sears going to do for me and my inconvenience. A in store gift card at this point would be a bigger insult.I am not a satisfied customer

I would like someone with a lot of authority to contact me about a big problem at least it seems to me it is. My phone # is 602-992-7324

upset73

I too work at Sears. In our store you will be written up if you're caught not telling the customers about the survey.

A customer is a customer whether they spend $5 or $5000. Shame on the store for putting that limitation on their associates.

If it were me being written up for their descriminations you can bet that it would not happen for too long. Good luck.

you guys are doing good :) ;) :p

to BReich81 You must have trouble reading because the one who first wrote the post. did not say he complains to the customers and tell them to write a negative complaint about the company.

or service he/she received.

he stated that the POLICY of the store states to only tell the people who spent a lot of money at the store so that if they do complain about the store atleast they spent money to make it worth the complaint. he or she has been written up in the past for telling people WHO DO NOT SPENT A LOT OF MONEY about the survey.

I am also a worker at Sears...Well... customers can and WILL file complaints if they have less than adequate service.

And why would you WANT to ask them to review you if you didn't give them the customer service they deserve? Of course you're getting written up! You signed away your right of open opinion in the store when you got hired. You are supposed to positively represent the corporation while in the public eye.

If you have a problem file a personal complaint with 88sears and not act as a vigil anti and tell the customers what YOU don't like about the company. That's just completely unprofessional. And if you keep it up, I hope they do fire you because you completely misrepresent the corporation. I also have my feelings about Sears that aren't exactly good, but I don't go telling the customer about it.

They are a kind of crooked corporation, but so is every big corporation! So, deal with it.

View more comments (5)
Product
Sears Website

Sears in Omaha, Nebraska - More hassel read, 5-12 interest rate scam

So here I am again with Sears on my shi- list. On 5-12 we had to pay off our account. My wife was promised that Sears cancled the rest of her online payments. Only to have Sears $100 + the $25 overdraft. I thought I was reasonable to ask for another $25 for there ***up, after all the would charge for a bad check or late payment Right ! No and we have to wait 2 frickin weeks to get our money back WTF. When we talked to Sears on 5-12. They couldn't find their notes till we found our notes, with the employees number. When dealing with these *** allways take notes and ask for the employees name and employees number!

Have you ever noticed that your sears card says CITI on it? That means it is a CITI card that works at SEARS.

CITI bought all rights to SEARS charge cards years ago.

If you have a complaint you take it up with CITI,. The only thing you can do at the store is make payments or purchases.

Review

Sears outlet very bad company

i bought a stove and a fridge from sears 7 months ago day 1 they sold me a stove for propane instead of natural gas and the fridge was not working this on day 1. 3 days to get it fixed .now 7 months later my fridge stopped working lost all my food again 3 days to get fixed so i called to see if they would pay thay hung up on me then i called again thay hung up so i am out over 300 in food and meds that was in the fridge bad sears very bad sears

SEARS - REBATE DELIVERY CHARGE

INTO 2 MONTH AFTER SUBMITTING THE CLAIM, BEEN TOLD " DEC 2008 CLAIM IS NOT YET IN THE SYSTEM , WAIT FOR 8 WEEKS. " 5 MONTH LATER, SEARS SENT POST CARD READ " YOUR REBATE SUBMISSION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REBATE PAYMENT AT THIS TIME ". ALL THE REQUIREMENT WAS SENT, WHICH PART IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ? HELLO ! SEARS ALMOST 6 MONTH LATER, IS ANYONE WOULD STILL INTEREST TO HUNT FOR YOUR REBATE ? SO DISCUSS, WHO WANT TO CONTINUE CHASE YOUR $65? ONLY $65 SEARS CHOW ME UP ? 1K OF ME WILL BE HOW MUCH ? COULD IT BE OVER 10K OF SUCKERS THAT $650K ? SHAME ON YOU SEARS. CUSTOMER OVER 30+YRS

SEARS - REBATE DELIVERY CHARGE FRUD

ON THE 5TH MONTH AFTER SUBMITTED THE CLAIM FORM FOR THE REBATE, SEAR SENT A POST CARD " YOUR REBATE SUBMISSION IS NT ELIGIBLE FOR A REBATE PAYMENT AT THIS TIME " HELLO ! ALL THE REQUIREMENT IS THERE, WHICH PART IS NOT ELIGIBLE ! SEARS CAN NOT NAME ONE. AFTER CALLS, DID EVERYTHING , STILL SENT THE POST CARD SAID NO, WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO CONTINUE HUNT FOR YOUR $65 ? SO SICK OF SEARS. IT IS SHAME ONLY $65 WANT TO STEAL. ( IT IS NOT ONLY $65, IF SEARS WEAR OUT 100 CLAIM THAT WILL BE $6500, HAPPENED TO 1K SUCKERS, SEARS WILL BE 65K RICH ) , SHAME ON YOU SEARS. FROM: CUSTOMER OVER 30YRS

me too - i paid $65.00 for delivery of fridge

and $10.00 haul off fee for old one

filed out a rebate request for their $65.00 store credit card ...

its not comming

the rebate center says they have no file on me

and the number to the center is no longer in service

best buy had the same fridge - and delivery and haul off was free - yet sears stole 75.00 from me - never again do i shop at sears or anyone in my family tree!

The average rebate should take around 10 weeks. The theory is if you wait you make sure no returns the item although it's not as easy to return an appliance as it is a drill.

The amount of time should have been on the claim form-did you make a copy or is there a portion you don't send in ?

Many states have laws where the store must give the rebate on the spot so check with the state.

Keep after them. Make one more attempt to get the store to straighten it out(take notes make copies) if not go to the local BBB or the FTC.

View more comments (1)

Sears in Council Bluffs, Iowa - Interest rate scam 35%

My wife and I had gotten a Sears card to help reestablish credit. We ran up $2800. making 18 payments of $100 we got a bill for interest $667. THAT IS 37% INTEREST!!!!! After a lot of BS on the phone we got the interest charge droped to 18% but we had to pay off the account.This is not how you treat a loyal customer who made monthly on time payments over and above the minimum! This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with! I belive they are trying to collect as much money as they can before they go out of busness. See ya later Sears and thanks for the hasel I did not have enough trouble in my life befor this hassel but now I am complete, Completley done with your credit card!

I don't understand how raising a customer's interest rate and gouging them with exhorbitant fees thus raising their balance makes them more likely to pay their entire bill.

If anything making a person owe more makes them even more likely not to pay. When the customer sees they are basically paying off the banks interest and fees more than they are the TV they bought that makes them even less likely to pay.

The banks developed an unwiley sense of entitlement over the last decade in particular. They do not have a right to the type of profits they made over the last several years nor will they ever see those types of profits again from business as usual because business as usual is what collapsed the whole economy and not just individuals.

When a bank takes a chance on a person with poor credit it is only natural that they will mitigate that risk with a higher than average interest rate. It is especially true if a customer has a history of poor payments (such as someone trying to "re-establish credit"). You also signed a disclosure form that i am sure you didnt bother to read that fully informed you of all the terms and conditions of this line of credit.

Sears cards are mostly handle by Citi and HBSC although I sure Sears gave them some guidlines as far as running the card when they gave it up.

From what I've heard the dropping of rate but pay off or close the account is pretty common. It's their way of making think they actually did something when they really didn't.

You are keeping the old rate on the current balance and then any new purchases will be 18%. It's *** these credit card companies will get what they want at your expense.

View more comments (2)
Product
Sears Credit Card
My wife & I bought ProForm XP Trainer 580 treadmill on Jan. 14th, when our 4-5 year old ProForm, also bought at Sears, unexpectedly *** out. It had about 4-5 thousand miles on it, and we were very happy with it. So we bought this one, thinking ProForm makes pretty good...

I have a proform xp580 and the belt has stopped working mid workout. There is no gradual slowdown-just an abrupt stop.

I have tried all the suggestions in the owners manual and don't know what to do next. Any suggestions?

View more comments
Sears Repair

Sears Lawnmower Service Scam

On 04/13/09 I had Sears Home Repair come to my home to service my riding mower which is just entering its fifth year; naturally my extended warranty had just expired. I was told that I needed a new battery, new starter, and a newly rebuilt engine. The engine alone would cost $1600; this was more than I had originally paid for the mower itself. The problem with the engine was that it needed a new governor and Sears does not repair engines; they only replace them. The "technician" told me that I had to pay $105 for the service call, but he would give me a $99 credit towards the purchase of a new riding mower from Sears. Oddly, this $99 credit was good for only two weeks and could not be used at outlet stores or on sale items. I searched around my area and found a gentleman who does small engine repair. He picked up my mower, repaired the engine, replaced the blades, changed the filters and spark plugs and returned it to me for $330. Sears doesn't fix anything, they simply want to sell you another product.

Sears probably doesn't hire enough qualified technicians to do non tune up type repairs.

And Sears probably only wants jobs that can be done quickly so they can do more.

I worked in the stores but you'd be shocked how many customers wound up getting new items that were supposed to be repaired because the service dept didn't have anyone qualified to repair the item. Treadmills,pumps,weedwackers: all these items had repair warranties.

Sears has also been purging the experienced employees including repair techs. The also contract out alot more to companies like A & E Factory repair service.

It's ashame you bought the warranty because if 330 is the largest repair going into the 6th year you probably would have paid less for rountine repairs out of pocket.

They want you to buy new alright but it's not a new tractor.They want you to buy a new tractor AND a warranty.

Sears Repair

Sears Kenmore Range 790.4657

Burner switch stuck on high 2 months after warranty expired. 6 months later - Now 3 of 4 burner switches are stuck on high. When the last one goes out, the whole piece of *** goes to recycle. Less than 3 years old. Does the design team know by how many switches they sale @ $25.00 each. That $100.00 towards a new stove that will not be purchased at Sears for sure. They do not stock the switch at the service center so you have to order it and then you have to pay for shipping also. I though the auto industry was the only ones making profit on saling parts. Sears - Never again

"I though the auto industry was the only ones making profit on saling parts." theres a markup on everything from everybody....its business.

Sears Shipping Service
Loss

Sears in Lebanon, Missouri - False advertising and deception

Type your review hereOn 4/11/09 a Sears2Go.com ad came out listing a 1468pc. tool set and storage combo model # CO505 for $494.99. On 4/13/09, the last day of the sale I tried unsuccessfully to buy it for this price. I was told it was an error and the price would not be honored. On 4/14/09 the price on Sears2Go.coOn 4/11/09 a Sears2Go.com ad came out listing a 1468pc. tool set and storage combo model # CO505 for $494.99. On 4/13/09, the last day of the sale I tried unsuccessfully to buy it for this price. I was told it was an error and the price would not be honored. On 4/14/09 the price on Sears2Go.com was changed to $549.99. I emailed them to see if this was another mistake but got no response. On 4/15/09 I tried again to buy it but they would not deliver on the price. I contacted PriceMatch Sears who said they would not honor the price. On 4/15/09 I received an email from PriceMatch that stated after reviewing my emails they determined a Sears2Go pricing error occurred. They apologized and instructed me to place my order, respond to the email with the confirmation number, and a price adjustment would be made honoring the ad. After placing my order on 4/16/09 and emailing them back I received another email on 4/17/09 stating the order had been cancelled and the offer had been retracted. However, as of 4/18/09 my money has not been returned. They stated pricing errors were rare and unintentional but posting 5 different prices on that web site in one week is not rare and emailing me stating I could buy it at this price was not unintentional. They are practicing false advertising and taking my money for a product they do not intend to deliver.m was changed to $549.99. I emailed them to see if this was another mistake but got no response. On 4/15/09 I tried again to buy it but they would not deliver on the price. I contacted PriceMatch Sears who said they would not honor the price. On 4/15/09 I received an email from PriceMatch that stated after reviewing my emails they determined a Sears2Go pricing error occurred. They apologized and instructed me to place my order, respond to the email with the confirmation number, and a price adjustment would be made honoring the ad. After placing my order on 4/16/09 and emailing them back I received another email on 4/17/09 stating the order had been cancelled and the offer had been retracted. However, as of 4/18/09 my money has not been returned. They stated pricing errors were rare and unintentional but posting 5 different prices on that web site in one week does not seem rare and emailing me stating I could buy it at this price was not unintentional. They are practicing false advertising and taking my money for a product they do not intend to deliver.

Sears 2 Go is privately owned. Has nothing to do with regular full line stores.

Think of it as online dealer stores.

Full line stores will not honor dealer store pices and vice versa. Dealer stores set their own prices and can shange so at will.

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU