Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Chula Vista, California - Customer service

I have not been a customer of sears in years because of their poor customer service attitude. Today I decided to try Sears again but could not easily get past their voice recognition system. I ended up being bounced around for over an hour. These are the things I rediscovered about Sears customer service. If you can not resolve an issue with the store you are instructed to call their national call center. There they demand your personal information before they will take a complaint. after you tell them they will always say they have to send this complaint back to the store to be resolved. They do not have a corporate office that is accountable to their customers. Their district and regional managers to not work out of an office. Their full names are kept secret and they do not use voice mail. Sears will continue to keep this ex customer and probably many others away from their stores if they keep resisting to learn from their past mistakes.

sears craftsman tractor unreliable/have to turn fly by hand to start about every other use///wont go in gear/7days to get tech/service rep said thats good time frame for area/good thing its not a respirator/if 7days is good service this is last product i will ever buy at sears//

Sears in Reston, Virginia - Misleading and Frustrated

I have to say I have never been so unhappy with a store. On 10-13-08 I went to Sears.com to purchase a new washing machine and a new stove. $1200.00 order. I went with sears online because it said next day delivery if the order was placed before 3:00 pm. I did so. I received a phone call right away from sears security to confirm my online order, I asked if it will come the next day since my washer was broke and I had a wash of wet clothes and a messy situation I needed it fast. She told me it is set up as next day delivery, and I would get a call 1 hour before they deliver. The next day came and nothing, I called sears.com they said the order was still in processing, and it showed the washer was out of stock, then she said hold on and checked and told me it was an error that both items would be available for the 15th, to wait and I would receive a call for delivery, now 2 days later not next day as stated online. Then I called back because I still never got a call back about delivery and my husband already lost a days pay waiting for the appliances, they said it was still in processing and any time now I would get a call. So we wanted to cancel the order. The woman offered a 10% off the order, and when asked if we would get a confirmation of that she said yes in 12 to 24 hours. Guess what, never got that comfirmation, big shock there!!!it took me over 24 hours to even get an email of my original order. So the 15th came and still no call for delivery, my husband was up set he called our local P C Richard, they had the same washer and better stove, said we can have it next day. I am looking at both appliances from P C Richard right now and I love them. Went placed the order, by the time I got home they already called to confirm delivery. Woke up today by the phone ringing, and it was P C Richard giving me my 4 hour window, they came at 9:00 am, and I was doing my wash by 10:00 am, imagine that! I called sears.com back and told them to cancle the order, the man informed me that it was still in processing and now claimed my credit card co. was holding it up. Now a completely different story. I told him if that was true then my credit card company would have called me to confirm it not let it go for days. So I told him to cancel the order, he did, and within 2 minutes I got my cancellation emails on the order. Wow, what a company, they won't process an order like they state, but boy they are sharp when it comes to cancelling. Good business, huh? this negative experience will affect all of sears not just online. It is switch and bait, tell people they can have it next day with a false sense, and then give them the run around. I'll even bet they were out of stock and they kept trying to cover it up and keep me waiting. Also, when the order was cancelled there was no 10% discount showing on the order for our trouble so I expect if the item was shipped that would have been another fight as well to get that. Terrible business on sears, false, and just a complete waste of time. I will be happy to push the P C Richard name to my friends and family. Sears will not get any more of our business and I will advise friends and family of the experience. In fact I will send out this letter to everyone I know, and all the complaint sites, as well as all the sears departments I find to inform them of this. Thanks for nothing Sears!!!! By the way I used the same credit card to make my purchase from P C Richard and what a miracle...........it went through right away!!!!!!

Sears in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Refrigerator ice despenser

James P Russell 1442 Tee CT. Kennesaw Ga. 30144 Vice President Consumer Affairs This concerns Our side by side Refrigerator. Model# 106.44324400 Serial # 2840703 The ice dispenser broke and we are told it will cost about $1800.00 to repair. The unit cost about $2000.00 new. It was installed in our home July 30 2005. After three repair visits its still unresolved. We we were give three bits of miss information, concerning the repair of the refrigerator. In lite of the miss information and cost of repair we are asking for some help . I,m sure that some method can be used to resolve this for both parties.

`i repair appliances(not for sears) and there is now way they should be charging you 1800.00 sears appliance is and always was a rip off.

Sears Repair

Sears

* DO NOT use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS * DO NOT indent paragraphs, instead use empty lines. * DO NOT write your report all in one paragraph. Use 2 or 3 sentences to each paragraph and leave a space between each paragraph. * DO NOT use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS * DO NOT indent paragraphs, instead use empty lines. * DO NOT write your report all in one paragraph. Use 2 or 3 sentences to each paragraph and leave a space between each paragraph. * DO NOT use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS * DO NOT indent paragraphs, instead use empty lines. * DO NOT write your report all in one paragraph. Use 2 or 3 sentences to each paragraph and leave a space between each paragraph.

Sears in New York, New York - Untrueful 5 yr warranty

I purchased 5 yr. extended warranty policy when I purchased new dish washer in Sears store. After I get home, I realize that the policy expiration date is 1 yr. shorter than I expect. After calling store back, I was informed that 5 yr. master product protection plan is actually 4 yr-1st yr. is under manufacturer warranty. The person on the phone advised me that it's written on policy and he can not do anything about it. After reading through the entire pre-print document, I finally locate this statement. However, 1. The term of 5 yr. is not ture and shall not be called 5 yr. plan. Car extended warranty policy kicks in after initial warranty expires. Why and how can this policy be written in this tricky term? Can 90% Fat Free milk be labeled as 100% Fat Free milk? Can 55% Poly; 45% Cotton fabric be called cotton rich? What happened to Federal Fair trade regulation? 2. The sales rep in store never explained this REALITY. Shouldn't customer be informed needed information in details prior to purchase?

It was explained to me as coverage by sears from the date of purchase. I was worried about a new front load washer I was purchasing and took the 3 year in home protection.

I asked about 3 years beyond but was told it over lapped the original warranty, since it was not protected by sears, except by exchange during the return period. Sears has its own service plans, while others use extended warranties

I ment to say rewards quantity and NOT ethics.

And "to show you how" should be part of one paragraph.

:roll :sigh

You have to be very carefull when dealing with Sears service agreements.Especially when they are trying to sell you one.Alot of employees don't even know the details of the plan or ommit them.There is tremendous pressure to sell these things which rewards quantity and ethics.

I agree if SEARS is selling you a five year plan SEARS should cover it for 5 years.

I'd bring these details up to the local BBB,a national agency like the Federal Trade Commission or the local insurance commission.

To show how routinely these things were incorrectly sold

their Replacement Plan used to cover the product for replacement for 15 months after the manufacturers warranty expired.The average employee sold it as a 2 year plan but in reality if the product had a 90 day replacement warranty that would equal only 18 months of coverage.

But in a twist of fate for many customers most employees didn't realize that the plan was a onetime deal.Some employees would give replacements numerous times under the same plan.

Point being Sears or its employees really do not understand the plans they are selling.And tight budgets are forcing service to not let things go or make sure the manufacturer is charged during their warranty and not the plan.

If you buy 5 years of protection from Sears or anyone else they should provide you with 5 years of service.

View more comments (2)
Product
Sears Protection Plan
Loss

Sears Canada, what a disappointment!

I purchased a Kenmore front load washer in 2002. Sept 1st, my washer was making a banging noise. After determining what the problem was, from researching the internet and taking apart the machine I ordered the part from Sears Sept 5th. Sears charged my Visa approx. $200.00, however, I never received the part. I called and tried to track down where it had gone, and 3 weeks later, still no part. I asked them to possibly have the common sense to order a 2nd part. Still I have not seen this part....and it is now Oct 13th. After speaking to several Customer Service reps I have never had this resolved. Nobody seems to care. I have had to use the laundry mat for over a month, and I have spent many hours on the phone. This Kenmore front load washer is a piece of junk, and their customer service has hit rock bottom.

Sears in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Did not take purchase off credit card

The sears in Moorestown NJ has not taken off a 545.99 charge from my credit card that was returned 6 months ago. No matter who I call, I cant' get it taken care of. It's in "corporates" hands now. Greatest part - I'm paying 27.55% on a purchase that I don't even have and had to pay for the unit and finance charges so my credit doesn't get ruined till they straighten it out. That's over 1,000.00 dollars out of my pocket and I cant' pay my mortgage!!! I have never dealtt with such incompetence in all my life.

MommyofTwins is right,especially the return receipt.They can cross reference the transactions.

If this was done by phone or delivery it might be tougher-do remember dates and times?

When and if it does get straightend out make sure they refund all interest and fees related to the wrong charges as well.

Do you have the original receipt and the receipt they gave you when you returned the thing?

If you have both, call your credit card company and do a chargeback. Show them the "proof" and the credit card company can deal with Sears.

View more comments (1)
Loss
I purchased a Sears Kenmore Refrigerator Model 59429 for $1019.99 from Sears In Frederick Maryland Mall in Nov 2006. In that first month I called Sears about it not cooling properly. The tech gave me a lesson in adjusting the temp controller. I called again in Oct...

Not only do they sell bad products that break down after a few months, they take a week to come to repair them. this is the so called 'guarantee' they give.

We purchased a Kenmore refrigerator (coldspot) in January 2010 for about $970. It broke down in early June 2010 - about five months after the purchase!

Since it is still under guarantee we called the company service department on the early morning of June 5th to request it to be repaired. The service technician will come June 11th afternoon. For a whole week they leave us without a refrigerator!

View more comments
Review

Sears Acctcare "wait for Job loss appeal results" then maybe?

I am unemployed and union appealing. getting workers comp not eligible --unemployment. gave sears letter from union term not wrongdoing etc. I am eligible. Sears wrote---send appeals decision......w/in 30 days or close claim!!!! The pre-hearing is more than 30 days out. 5th ridiculas excuse/request from them. It's straight breach of contract. Anyone doing anything? interested in doing something? have 4 cards w/protection who honor claims. Sears-- use every excuse not to. like saying "wait til you have surgery to see if it cures your disability! I'm in serious debt because of this.

Account Care is a money maker as long as you do not use it.Account Care is very tough to sell honestly.There is pressure and rewards for signing you up for a Sears Card and Acct Care.

Most sales associates will use the phrase "if anything ever happens and you can't pay your bill".The old plan would pay the minimum then pay off the balance after so many months.

Like any agreement Sears sells or sold it is filled with exclusions.And most selling associates don't even realize you need proof/documentation or you have to give up alot of personal information just to get your Sears Card payed off.

I would try your local BBB or even the state insurance commissioner since that is what acct care basically is-insurance.

Sears Claim

Sears in Saint Catharines, Ontario - Installation of Garage Door Opener

I bought a garage door opener from Sears and paid for the installation as well.I've been a solid customer at this store, which I always thought had a great reputation for impeccable service, for the past 38 years.However, this time the work they did was so sloppy and the service so lousy that I had to call and get my Sears card canceled right away.I was pretty upset when they kept referring me round and round to various departments. It's the last time I'll ever need their service. Incompetent! Rude! No call back! Stay away from Sears Parts and Service as much as you can! This department does not know the meaning of customer friendly.

It all depends it which contractor/company that store uses but it sounds like you have a lousy contractor.The store could've sold it wrong as well under selling the the GDO or not accounting for conditions in the garage.

I'd ask to speak to the district installation manager.Make sure you have your reciept handy anytime you speak to someone so they can reference it.

Sears Installation