Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
sears charged my credit card $275.00 to fix a ice maker in my refrigerator. they come from 8-5 & you need to wait 10-14 days.First repair man put a new part in and it worked for less than 24 hrs. called Sears repair and they said I had to wait 3 days and call back...

And when your disputing the charge, you can also print out other complaints from other people, and send that to the bank, and corporate, so they know its a pattern. there is multiple people on here with the same or similar complaint.

View more comments
Sears Repair
I purchased a self propelled Sears Craftsman lawn mower one years ago. That means, this is the second season I have used it. I paid $300 for this mower. It is a model # 917.377842, 6.5HP Honda engine, and "features" easy height adjustment with one lever each...

I've had this same lawnmower for ten years... runs great and have never had the problems you are describing, but have had them slip when I have hit an object.

The motor, built by Honda is the the best thing on it. Starts on the first pull every spring.

View more comments

Sears in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Very poor customer service

bought a bad expensive refrig. called for service, 4 times. finally requested another model. they refused. said i was complaining on day 93, i had 90 days to get replacement. i have talked to at least 20 people, they all say sorry. i am not through just backing up to refocus. you cannot speak with anyone that has authority to resolve issues. the reps i talked to just have a lisence to follow guidelines although they say they can do anything and authorize anything. sears and their service has gone the way of too many large companies. they don't care about the customer, just profit.

Mortimer, you are a ***. what do you work for sears?

Every reply I've seen you make in regards to any sears complaint is acusatory to the complainer. What this person here did was just give us the short version, how could this be the same "version" they gave Sears when it's just an outline? I'd be pissed too if I had to have 4 service calls in the first 90 days of owning a new-expensive appliance,and then 3 days after the deadline, they say "sorry, you're 3 days too late !!" there should be a little gived. Since you obviously have been going through the sears complaints, you should know that one of the most common complaints here is *** customer service AND being unable to reach a supervisor or manager of any type.

HE SAID HE CALLED 20 *** TIMES !! How many times do you suggest he call before he get "just decides to get mad" (in your mind for no reason) the sales reps are slick as owl *** and make promises that are not kept by the service department. Once you own the product, you could just go to *** - Sears sucks ***, their prices are too high for the poor quality products they offer. At one time, people could depend on Sears, those days are OVER !!

They make tons of money off well-written service contracts and overcharging for parts and labor. I QUIT BUYING ANYTHING FROM SEARS YEARS AGO when I realized they had dollar store quality products for high end department store prices.

Interesting what people leave out of their complaints. What was wrong with the fridge?

Was it a close-out model?

Did you call the store and decided to just get mad because a manager didn't pick up the phone?

Many things you could say in a complaint that can either give, or cost you, some sympathy. If your version here was the same version you gave Sears, no wonder you didn't get anywhere.

Loss

Sears Refrigerator has major defect that repeatedly breaks.

This is a major complaint that needs addressed because of the defect in your Kenmore Side by Side refrigerator continues to break. I purchased model 253.5466340A in Nov. of 2005. In Dec. 2006 the water arm paddle broke off when I pushed a glass against it. I was highly disappointed with the quality of the material used to make this piece, a cheap plastic. Since the 1 year warranty expired a month earlier, I had to pay $235.67 for parts and labor to fix it. But I thought OK now this should be good for 15 or 20 years. But I was wrong. In July of 2008 the exact same watering arm piece snapped off again and broke while someone was pressing against it with a glass to get water. This design must be defective, the materials used to make it sub par. You expect a major purchase like this to last years. I was hesitant to buy Kenmore because I didn't think it was known as a strong, dependable brand. However after visiting the store and talking with a salesman I was convinced otherwise and purchased a stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. I'm beginning to regret this. I'm in need of a washer & dryer and was considering shopping at Sears but my confidence is lacking.I cannot spend $235 every year to have this water arm replaced. Your company needs to come up with a new piece that can be installed so this won't happen again. I'm sure you have other complaints from people who have this model, I've read the blogs. This defect needs to be corrected. Please provide a solution to this problem that won't cost me additional monies out of pocket. If I spend $235 to fix this (only to have it break in a year again), it will nearly have cost half of what I paid for the refrigerator to begin with and it is only 3 years old. I would appreciate your immediate and thorough attention in solving this matter. Thank You

I would check to see if there have been any recall notices.I would try to find out who actually made it and check with that manufacturer as well.

If you can find a list of source codes the first 3 numbers of your model number are the source code or manufacturer of your refrigerator.

Either that or simply start repairing it yourself.Use you model number to look up the part number and cost.There are plenty of how to sites on the internet.And if you do decide to buy a service contract to cover these repairs make sure they cover parts like the dispenser paddle.Also SHOP around,Sears is not the only one who repairs appliances.

I agree the quality in product has deteriorated over the years,It's going to wind up costing you the cost of a new refrigerator just to cover an accessory like the water dispenser.

Review

Sears rip-off on repair of refrigerator.

In March 04 we bought a Kenmore side by side frig and didn’t get the extended warranty since the compressor was covered for five years. A couple of weeks ago the frig stopped cooling although the freezer continued to freeze. I talked to a Sears service guy who told me it was probably just the thermostat, a $25 item and it wouldn’t cost much to repair; so we set up an appointment with Sears service. The joker showed up finally and announced without even looking that the “damper” had gone out, the vent between the freezer and the frig was closed. He said this was a very common problem in refrigerators that are digitally controlled. He indicated that this was a big deal and would be expensive. He had to go back out to his truck do an estimate. He came in with an estimate of $298, including a $5 fuel surcharge for his travel and $90 for parts. After his description of the problem, we thought he would be at work for an hour to two and have to tear down the unit and rebuild it. Instead, he had my wife clean off the top shelf in both the frig and the freezer, and with a screwdriver quickly removed the defective damper/diffuser, pulled out a new part which he had brought in from his truck and plugged it in. His entire time with the refrigerator was little over ten minutes during which time he tried to sell us a one year guarantee for $100. Now keep in mind, his labor was nothing complex, not like say changing the oil in a car or the spark plug on a mower, but he charged us at a rate of over $800 per hour. Do brain surgeons make this much? Also, the part that went out was actually a small electric motor, the type that should cost under $20 in the real world. When I complained about the outrageous overcharge, he said it was Sears who was making all the money, not him. We felt completely ripped off. Had he told us what it was he was actually going to do, I would have ordered the part and replaced it myself. But we had been mislead by the other *** telling us it was probably a thermostat. We told the guy that we would never buy another Sears appliance.

"grover" you're the one who looks petty and ***. The amount of money he paid for this *** job isn't petty.

He is "going public" so other people don't get scammed the same way. Maybe if someone else HAD ALREADY gone public with something like this, then KansasVic wouldn't have fallen victim to this. Most normal people want to trust that they are not going to get screwed by the big name companies they trust. Sears makes Boukou money on their *** service contracts and high cost parts and labor - their products aren't inexpensive but are cheaply made.

I quit using Sears a long time ago.

Also, judging from the number of other similar complaints I see on Sears, the entire company needs to be flayed. If he's "content" with what he did, what's it to you?

I quit using Sears a long time ago.

This is excessive but it would be a good idea to check with his supervisor first and his supervisor and so on.

Did Sears dispatch explain how the bill is caculated before they came out?Also you can look up the price of the part by going to parts on Sears.com by using your 9 digit model number.Make sure you enter at least the first 8 numbers.

It sounds like 200$ for 10 minutes work.Was this an hourly tech?Also check with the local agencies like the Better Business Bureau or even code enforcement-make sure at the company has a license for that locality and type of work.

Did you bother to even call this guy's boss, or are you content with just flaying an entire company publicly because of this one tech's apparent lack of concern?

Seriously, you should at least try to get a better resolution before you go public with something like this. You look petty and ***.

View more comments (3)
Sears Repair

New Mower Broke - Sears would not replace!

1.I purchased a Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower Model No. 917.338190 on June 13, 2008. I mowed my lawn (approximately 1/16 of an acre) four times with this mower. On July 6, 2008 I was mowing the lawn and the rear skirt fell off and I ran over it with the mower cutting the skirt in half and warping the blade and probably the crank-shaft in the engine (there was a vibration there that was not there before the incident). 2.I returned the mower to the Sears store where I purchased it and asked that it be replaced. The manager on duty, refused to replace the more stating that the mower had to be sent in for service to determine if it was a manufacturing defect and that it would take two-to-three weeks. I then asked for a refund so I could purchase a new mower – again she refused citing the same reason. I then called the Sears National Help line and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who tried to convince Beth to replace the mower and she still refused. I then asked to speak to the store manager. After much debate Beth finally got on the phone and I got the same response from him. 3.After an hour of debating I stated that I would please like my money refunded minus a 15% restocking fee and was told that I could not get any refund until the mower went to service to determine what the problem was. I then left the mower there and went home. 4.In the meantime I had to cut my lawn – so I borrowed a mower, and then purchased a used mower for $40.00 so I could cut my lawn while I am trying to resolve what is essentially a $25.00 issue. 5.I spoke to the Sears National Hotline on four separate occasions and was assured that the store manager would call and resolve the issue, he did not – so I called back and was assured that District Manager (Columbus, Ohio) would call and resolve the issue, he never called either. 6.I called the Sears National Hotline again on July 18, 2008 and spoke to a rep who did contact the manager who said I could have a refund minus 15%. 7.So, I got in my car drove forty miles to Sears to pick up my refund minus 15% ($25.00).

I work for sears, and i am very sorry about the lousy customer service you were given. one thing i dont understand though is how did you run over the "rear skirt" if its in the back.

unless you were pulling backwards on the mower which then it may have been folded underneath by the lawn, which now brings the lawn type into it as well. It sounds to me as owner neglect and misuse because any lawn mower would do the same thing if dragged backwards. Craftman rear skirts are no different than most of the other brands. in fact, that mower is customer rated at about 4 out of 5 stars for the price paid.

however the customer service you were given seems lousy and some helpful info is that Husqvarna is the manufacturer behind the mower, not sure about there number though. Good Luck with the situation and i hope your next mower (whether craftsman or not has a better life).

Review

Sears customer disservice is impossible to deal with.

Our 7 year old Kenmore washer, on which we are forced to have an extended warranty because it is such a piece of trash, broke for the umpteenth time 5 weeks ago. Sears sent a tech, who could not repair it, and who could not persuade Sears to replace it. Instead, Sears will repair it again. I was told my appt would be 10 days later. 10 days later I had 11 parts, but no one came to fix my machine, though I waited home all day and had checked my appt time and called several times during the day to make sure they were indeed coming. The next day, the tech I'd had called back and said no one could come because the part I needed was on back order for at least 10 more days. So, we waited those 10 days, plus 4 more. Meanwhile, we have received at least 3 calls per day from Sears, wanting to know if we have received all of our parts, and wanting to schedule service on our washer. The same person never calls twice, nor does anyone call back when we are told they will. No one is ever aware that we have already been called, or that we have been waiting for a month now for our washer to be fixed. Sears wants us to wait for over $1000 worth of parts to arrive at our house, then send over 2 repair techs, when they have time, to fix this sucky machine. They won't replace it, even though it would cost them less, because we didn't purchase that type of extended warranty. We won't purchase from Sears again.

Sears renewed my expired credit card in the store and did not update my current address. They delivered a refrigerator to my house but could not find me to send me the bill.

The collection agency found in a 3 hours after $600.00 interest had accumlated. First ever credit problem for me.

Would not make it right. I don't shop there any more.

So, because you bought a cheap warranty, you want Sears to give you the same treatment you would have gotten with the expensive warranty? Ok, we see how you are.

You're cheap, but demanding.

Good combination. Go get over yourself.

Fed up with Sears

Sears has got to be the worst run company and have the worst customer service department. i purchased a dishwasher from them and have pages and pages of notes to myself on how I arranged for delivery, arranged for installation (separate from delivery), and arranged for repair. The unit was installed incorrectly by their people and now i have to deal with Sears again to have them replace the unit. One department tells me (in a email) that the unit will be replaced and installed on the same day. Installation tells me that the unit will only be delivered and that I have to set up an appointment on another day for installation. All I get from Sears is discussions with people in India and occasionally America. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.
chevrolet

I havent shopped at Sears in 25 years,It seems their attitude hasen't changed. My last encounter with one of their store clerks was "If you dont buy from Sears where else can you go!!"

Sounds like you talked to at least three different departments, got help from one of them, and now forgot which one of them gave you the help. Should have put that in your notes instead of stirring the pot and getting everyone confused.

Sears Installation

Sears in Cumberland, Maryland - MOWER Service?

Today I was once again reminded as to why I hate Sears. I have a Sears Rear Engine Riding Mower Model 502.256220. The drive belt went bad so I went to my local Sears store to get a replacement. As I suspected (because it is ALWAYS this way with anything you buy from Sears). The store does not carry the part. The salesman went online to identify the part number and to order it (something I could have done from home myself). He located the part listed for $10.97, but then went on to tell me that the shipping for the part would be $8.00. The part would arrive at my house by UPS on July 28th (11 days from today). At that time I informed the salesman that was simply unacceptable. I'd have a hay field to mow in 11 days. I will measure the part myself and get a generic belt from Advanced Auto. I truly have had it with SEARS. Your business practices suck and I will not be one bit surpirsed when Sears goes under. As for myself, I will do my part to make that happen by NEVER buying another thing from Sears. The real joke of it all is this quote from the back of the mower service manual. "Your Sears merchandise has added value when you consider Sears has service units nationwide staffed with Sears trained technicians. Sears technicians have the necessary PARTS (really???), tools and equipment to meet Sears pledge, "We Service What We Sell"." It should read "We Sell It, You Buy It, and You're Screwed".
Review

Sears... warranty a joke!

I bought an expensive set of stainless steel pots and pans from Sears, having been told they had a lifetime warranty... if any problem, just return the item and it would be replaced. Subsequently, the heat distribution plate on the bottom of one of the pots fell off. I took the defective pot to the same Sears store where I had purchased the set. The staff there, including the "Associate Store Manager", told me that there was nothing they could do. He gave me a phone number of "Customer Service at the pot manufacturer's". A call there was fruitless... they didn't handle warranties, and I was referred to another phone number for Customer Service. My call to that number connected me to a company which does only house party type sales. A call to Sears head office in Toronto was fruitless... they would not do anything to help. Sears has now lost any future business from my family. DON'T BUY FROM SEARS!!!

Yeah Sears is a big racket with their warranties and in my opinion their products in general. You get what you pay for. Just buy a higher quality product from a reputable mom and pop shop and take the extra cost up front. You'll be much happier down the road and hopefully Sears will someday go under.

You wouldn't believe what I am having to go through to get a simple part of a one year old treadmill replaced that broke from normal use. So much for a $125, 3 year extended warranty.

I'm done even going to Sears for anything anymore. I avoid it like the plague when I walk through the mall.