Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Phoenix, Arizona - Almost impossible to schedule warranty service

6 month old washer started leaking. Called Sears and went around and around giving the same info over and over then getting put on hold and then cut off. It took me almost 40 minutes to get an appointment scheduled. The service 'tech' shows up, not in the morning when scheduled but in the afternoon and of course, doesn't have the part. The evening before his scheduled return, I got a call from Sear's robot to call to reschedule. Called. Spent 10 minutes on hold and was told they were just verifying the original scheduled appointment. That's not what the message sent. Any bets on whether the guy shows up at all? I will NEVER buy anything, not even a towel, from Sears again. I don't care if they're giving stuff away. Their warranties and service are ***.

Sears in Orlando, Florida - Sear Warranty What A Joke

I bought all my new applainces from Sears during my home remodel, the glass on my stove broke; so I called the warranty center. 7 days for a tech to come out and evaluate (evaluate what its broke I can see that) another one to two weeks for parts to come in. So I am supposed to go two to three weeks without a stove!!! What a joke. I called the corp. number and asked if they can pre-order the top to save time; "that is not our policy - you will have to wait for a tech to evaluate" this is *** and bull what is wrong with these people. I want the head of Sears to go a week with a family and no stove see how he likes it!!!
#22030

i am going on my 5th week without a refrigerator. it took over a week to get it "evaluated", and since they do not keep the parts on the truck i had to wait 2 more weeks for the parts to be shipped to me.

then i had to wait over a week to get a serviceman back out. i was told first thing this morning that i was 2nd on the list ad would have service in the morning. by late afternoon i called back and was told that i was 7th on the list. i will never buy a sears product again.

i think we can assume that we will read about sears going out of business in the near future. they have no concept of consumer service. i feel like i live in a 3rd world company when i deal with them.

maybe i could bribe someone to get serice next time. :sigh

#20058

Well, yeah. They want to see why it broke before they're going to spend money on fixing it.

If you dropped a pan on it and broke it yourself, you'll get to pay for it.

If there was a defect that caused it to break, then they will pay for it. Until they know for sure, just use your microwave and shut the heck up.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Sears technicians are not dependable

I bought a sears kenmore front loading washing machine with a 5 year extended warranty. From the beginning, it breaks down every six to eight months. When I call the service to get it repaired, sometimes they come and sometimes they do not. When I call to complain itthey don't arrive, they tell me that the technician called the house and there was no answer! I explain that I was home waiting for them and that I need to have my washing machine fixed. They try to get in contact with the supervisor of the techs and put me on hold. Then they come back and apologize and say they could not reach the supervisor, reschedule the appointment. Some of the technicians get upset if you ask them for identification, especially if they are not wearing a sears uniform. They automatically leave if they don't have their ID and you have to reschedule. Meanwhile, your machine is not working and you cannot wash your dirty clothes. Beware of sears extended warranty.
Loss

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - Service date is not really a commitment

Here I am sitting at home waiting for the service repair person to show when Sears calls to say they are not coming and they cant reschedule for 9 days. Sears does not think it would have been better timing to call before the service was schedule and they also think the email confirmation was a tenative not a commitment. Last time I will use these guys. They cost me half a days vacation and do not think they shoudl have to make up for the imposition. I will not reschedule as I can not ever be sure they will come.

I guess the word "confirmation" doesn't mean "to confirm" anymore. I think if companies like this were held to higher standards by some regulatory agency, regular consumers wouldn't be getting the shaft so much.

Sears in Madison, New York - What a ripoff

we as a family purchased a refrigeator from sears on 6/16. paid 1700 dollers, reaceved on 6/19 at 6 pm. which supposed to be deliver between 2 to 4 pm. the del person broke inside glass outside of my dryway, minor problem right, can be replace. Brought the ref inside the house, wife inspected the ref ,14 dents on the product. del person calls the headquater ,they'll replace the ref so we resedual the del. Next del came on 6/24 8 am. no problem right. Wrong, again a big dent on the door, once again driver calls the headquater to inform, the person on the other line will place a order for the door so the problem can be solved. wrong again, I get a call in the afternoon from sears cust service, it would be hassel for them to replace the door so on and so on, instead they will give me a 100 doller gift certi for sears. Now i'm angry. I gave her a lectture and told her I would like a new ref that i have paid for so once again i requested del date. She resedual the del on 6/26 between 4 to 6pm. No problem, i'll just leave work early, end of story. Wrong again, I get a phone call around 5:30pm from the answering machine that i'll get the del between 10 am to 12 pm.I was on the phone after that for an hour switching back and forth between supervisor, specialist. Finally i got upset and cancel my order because no one can help me set up delivery time as it is we lost 21/2 days of work. They said everyting is automated so you have to keep reschedual delivery. No body wants to take responsibility to take care of the problem. I wa like yo-yo talking to each one and wasted my time and minute on my cell phone. Now i have to go buy another refrigarator NOT FROM SEARS THOUGH. Well, they lost one loyal customer but i guess they don't care. Only thing i'm worry about right now to get full credit on my purchase without loosing a dime. Otherwise anothe battle with them.

Martin, you obviously aren't on the internet much. The way Rakeshp5 wrote is common internet chat lingo and abbreviations. Now, don't you feel ***?

customer_rep defend
#19207

as a corporation they have to play it safe. they are not sure if the delivery man was the one who damaged your property or if you are just a fool with your refridgerator.

sadly enough there has been a lot of bad apples out there who have taken advantage of big corporations like Sears and because of that they have to ahear to a strict policy to protect their assets.

if they gave every angry customer exactly what they wanted they would be out of buisness. my advice in the future is to use a different company apparently sears outsources their deliveries and its not handled by a good company in your area.

#19201

What did you do, get your 4 year old to type this? If you read as well as your type, I wouldn't be suprised if you misinform yourself about everything. I suppose it's Sears' fault you slept through school.

View more comments (2)
Sears Delivery Service

Sears in Washington, District Of Columbia - The Cass Of The Missing Microwave

On Memorial Day, I went into the Northwest Plaza Sears store, in Saint Louis, MO to purchase a new range and a microwave with a exhaust hood. I used the online kiosk in the Hardware department to access my Wish List from sears.com. As I attempted to leave the Hardware department to go to the Appliances department, I was stopped by a sales associate from the Hardware department who insisted that he ring out my sale. I had been in the store a month previous with my mother to purchase a new range and a microwave for her home and the transaction, delivery and installation went smoothly. I wanted to deal with the same person who had done my mother's transaction but, against my better judgement, I let the Hardware associate handle it. What happened next is that the Hardware associate rang me out but neglected to set up the delivery of the items. He assumed that I would be taking the items with me. He did not realize this until I asked him, "So, where is my delivery paperwork?" I asked him this because my mother left Sears with a folder and instructions on how the delivery and installation would take place. So, the Hardware associate then voided the transaction. It is at this point I should stress that the card that I use is not a credit card but a debit card connected to my money market account. The Hardware associate then re-rang the items and did not arrange for the delivery again. So, he voided the items a second time. He then went to check with his manager about the proper paperwork, came back and re-rang the items a third time. On the third time, he arranged the delivery of the range correctly but, the microwave was a special order so, the installation and delivery of that item was messed up. He voided out the microwave, checked again with his manager and then, re-rang it again. At then end of this, I walked out of Sears with several reciepts and one delivery order. Everything was scheduled for delivery on Friday of the same week as Memorial Day. The range showed up and was installed just fine. Not the story for the microwave. The installer called me from the distribution center where the microwave was to be picked up. The distribution center said to the installer that they had no microwave for him and that the order had been cancelled. I said to the installer that I understood and that I was sorry for his trouble. I then attempted to get a refund for the microwave and the installation charges. For several days, I went around and around with Customer Service to no avail. I finally had to go into the store and speak to the manager of the Appliances department who said he would take care of it. I gave him copies of my reciepts and papers. He called me later on that day and let me know that there was going to be a waiting period of 10 - 15 business days before I would see my refund. I waited. The days passed and my money was not refunded. I finally got a hold of the store manager who explained to me that he spoke with the Appliance manager, had the details and explained that the installer told him that I had the microwave, that the installer saw the box at my house. I told the store manager that he was lying. The store manager told me that he has to continue to investigate. The $725.xx refund is stil not in my account, as of 06/26/2008.

I hope you are notified of comments to your complaint. FIRST OFF, CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND TELL THEM YOU ARE CONTESTING THE CHARGE AND HAVE THEM REMOVE IT....NOW, was the "installer" who went to the distribution center the same one who installed your stove? If it is the same one, why didn't he just install the microwave while he was there (since he saw the box, he said) #2) did YOU talk to the distribution center yourself? How do you know the installer was telling the truth? Maybe that installer picked up and stole the microwave.

I'm trying to understand if there are two different installers here and if so which one went to the distribution center...If it was a different person, he probably was never at your house to "see the box" - If it was the same person and he saw the box, why did he go to the distribution center and then tell you the order had been cancelled. If he really went there and they told him the order was cancelled, why won't he back that up?BECAUSE HE RIPPED YOU OFF!! and he doesn't want to get caught -

Since when do corporations investigations rely on a statement from a contract worker "i saw a microwave box" Even if you had one, how would he know it was the same one in question?

CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND INSURANCE FOR YOUR STATE AND FILE A COMPLAINT. Also, call the store manager and tell him you think #1) the guy who rang and re-rang your orders got it so screwed up that the distribution center cancelled the order because they didn't know what else to do or #2) your microwave has been stolen by the installer and you are going to call the police. Be confident and agressive. GOOD LUCK. I wish I could find out what happened.

Sears Installation

Sears in Boston, Massachusetts - Customer Service Attrocity

I recently ordered a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears, which unfortuneately took two weeks to receive. My old refrigerator died in the recent heat wave. I ordered left hand doors. When the refrigerator came it had right hand doors. I called Customer Service to get the problem rectified and was told by the rep that her computer didn't show the request for left hand doors. I was holding the receipt which clearly had printed on it LH Doors, whigh I told her. She then proceeded to tell me that anyone could have typed that in. I was speechless. I then asked her if I could speak to her Supervisor. She placed me on hol for 10 minutes. It was 10:15 at night I don't think they were that busy. I immediately called back and got a different rep who couldn't beleive that the previous rep had said that to me. I will never buy one more thing at Sears. I also sell Real Estate and am frequently asked by clients where a great appliance store may be. Guess what, Sears will not be my response.
Review

Sears in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania - Appliances+Delivery=Poor Service & Damages

My wife and I were in the market for a new Refrigerator. We trekked off to Sears' land in search of a unit that needed to be very specific in size to fit in the area of the existing kitchen. We found a floor model that was in pristine condition, and decided on "free" delivery, after the salesperson assured us it would be appropriately wrapped and delivered without any problems... Duh! I worked at Lowe's for 4 yrs, I know how careful delivery is with other people's merchandise! The day of delivery came and I left work to watch "twiddle dee" and "twiddle dumb" not remove the doors/drawer and preceded to lug it in my front door, onto my kitchen. Needless to say, it was heavily damaged on all of the exposed sides! After I pointed out what they had done, they told me all discrepancies had to be noted on the delivery papers; which i did. I then, as instructed, called my salesperson and explained the issue. Apparently her manager was the only one who could decide what to do, and when I approached him to discuss, he told me they would return it and walked away. niicce..! They said they couldn't order parts or Credit me for the damaged exposed case side. I went to searspartsdirect, and looked for the doors myself... Sure enough they are available! The salesperson gave me corporates number and I'm waiting to resolve the issue still!!! We'll see what happens next... Stay tuned
Sears Delivery Service
ambitious1535

In this day and age it's worth it to take a picture of a used out of the box item that will be delivered at a later date. Surprised the company doesn't do it.

The customer and company should sign off on a damage list AND picture.

Also Sears uses alot of contractors paid per job and not hourly so they have every incentive to rush. Hope all turned out well.

View more comments
Sears Manager

Sears in Highland Park, New Jersey - Incompetent employees

Completely incompetent customer service I began telling the manager how to do her job and how in order to make the situation (on which they screwed up on) more bearable for them and the customer (me)… then I realized *** I am giving sears training for free … let them burn so I hung up … NEVER GO TO SEARS Calling for repairs completely a waste of time with sears unless you like spending all day and everyday in your house and missing work then be my guest and let them take over your life and schedule sincerely,Pissed off my handle

I purchased an expensive refrigerator from Sears a few years ago. It costs me nearly a thousand dollars.

They kept pushing their insurance coverage against breakdowns, the cost was $200. Surely enough the appliance broke down-just two years later. The repair would cost me $400-just for the replacement part. I could not believe an expensive Kenmore appliance was programmed to break down in just two years.

I called Sears and was basically told that I should have purchased the coverage. My advice to consumers;avoid Sears like the plague.

Quality and customer service are not on their agenda anymore. I will return to my old favorites: Maytag and GE.

To Jerome, the other fellow isn"t the only one with literary isssues. Advise is the verb form.

Advice is the noun. I'm sure Sears would have paid top dollar for your advice.

I purchased an expensive refrigerator from SEars a few years ago. It costs me nearly a thousand dollars.

As bad as your (poor) third-grade grammar is, I'm sure Sears would have paid top dollar for any advise you had to give. NOT

View more comments (3)