Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

OMG _ Me too! I'm a single mom about to lose my job over time off waiting for Sears!

I just did a search for One Source since that is who Sears directed me to and this caught my eye. My microwave is less than a month old and never worked properly. They want to send a service person out to verify that it doesnt work then they will order the parts necessary to fix it and then they will send someone out again. I cant take this time off. I explained that and I paid a lot for my Sears appliances. I've bought 4 full sets of kitchen appliances over the years and I get a repair not a replacement and at least two home trips to avoid the restockiong fee! When I asked for the supervisor the call center employee, "Rene" said that was a personal question and refused to give it to me. Sears is Kmart - tacky and small minded.
Bingo1

Sears doesn't understand that most people work and can't take the time off to wait for them to show up over and over again.

Message to Sears: If you really are aiming for good customer service then deliver evenings when the majority of your customers are at home.

#20944

When ever you get an 1 800 number to call and they do not give you satisfaction check and see if that call center is even in this country.Then ask for a direct line to the store where you bought it.

Under 30 days you can exchange stuff without a restocking fee.They will try to tell you it should be repaired but under 30 days definately try to get it exchanged.And if you have any agreements or warranties make sure the expiration date gets pushed back the amount of time you were without the use of the item.

Good Luck

I

#20936

So....get a friend, neighbor, or some other responsible person to wait at the house for you. And if the product is deemed defective, Sears usually will replace it if it's within the return period.

View more comments (2)

Single mom almost losy my job because of sears

my dish washer went out 3 weeks after i bought it called sears after a week they sent out some one that said I needed a new motor and it would take a couple of weeks to get in when it came in I took another day off work for them to put it in the guy came back after a another week said the first guy didnt order the right part and it would be 2 more weeks to get the right part.2 weeks later to off once again and the guy they sent didn;t know how to put in a motor so it was 1 more week to get it fixed I left messages for managers but were never returned i am a single mom and almost lost my job taking off so much and whats with then giving you a time of all day to come to your house

Single mom almost losy my job because of sears

Loss

Sears review in Aliso Viejo, California: Rude manager threatened me - Laguna Hills CA

I anticipated a pleasant day at Sears in Laguna Hills, but a rude employee threatened to call the "security" police because I had my sweet golden retreiver with me. I didn't see a "NO Pets" sign on the entry door. (She's welcome at Macy's and Nordstrums, why not.) I walked past several registers, bought my $300 vacuum and none of the employees objected. That's when one of the "Brand Central Lead" personnel began yelling at me and telling me I had to leave immediately. His voice echoed throughout the department as he bullied me with his unprofessional behavior. Though I had no problem if Sears refused pets in their store, I wanted to explain. That's when he leaped for a phone to call police "Security." If customers aren't treated with respect at Sears, I'm not sure I want to shop there again.

What an ***, you got what you deserved!

The way you tell it, you walked into the department and the manager just started yelling. I would guess you left out the part about you saying something to him which caused the whole problem.

Sears, like every other place on Earth, will let a service dog in.

Those are well trained and won't *** all over the displays. Your "sweet" dog, no matter how well behaved, is just another pet which has no business in a department store.

#20980

You should know better than to bring your dog into a department store. He should have tossed you and your dog.

The man was right. Just because the other stores were lax in their security, doesn't mean that the sears employee was wrong.

#20690

They should've ASKed you to leave or take the dog outside before getting beligerent.You should've been told in more professional manner rather than threatening you with security.

BUT aren't there local ordinances prohibiting pets and animals in public places like Sears.This time a year they should be enforcing rules like wearing a shirt,shoes,NO roller blades,no bides,no pets etc..They can give you a tresspass warning as well.

View more comments (3)
Service
Sears Manager

Sears-warranty rip off!!One Source Sucks!!

I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator on 11/07. Six months later it broke, their technician stated that it was not fixable. I called One Source and was told that the model was discontinued and the sister model with EXACT same specifications would cost me $400 additional + tax and delivery. This was after the store saleman said it would be replaced at no additional cost, he supposedly set up a delivery -but never did. I was told he did not have authority to do this. They will not replace the refrig with the equal model or refund my money. You a re better off with a mom and pop store.

same thing happened to me and they have been horrible to deal with! and i did end up paying them $ cause my model was discontinued- and no i did not purchase it as a close out, you ***!

you can never talk to the same rep, no one reviews your notes and they all tell you something different! it took me 1 week of calling them daily, and now today, my new washer and dryer are to be delivered!

and can you believe that we had to reschedule because they didn't follow instructions to stack and switch the doors! there is no communication at the "one source" and i think it is the one source for insanity!

If the refrigerator is only 6 months old, Sears should replace it for free. If they've discontinued the model then they should replace it with a comparable model for FREE! What ever happened to standing behind a product?

#20367

I agree with Robespierre. If you spent $800, then you should get $800 worth of stuff as a replacement. Otherwise, *** like you would go buy the really big discounted stuff, break it, and get a new replacement for free.

#20366

Letr me guess, you got a close-out model at a close-out price? Saved yourself some money being cheap, and now that your gamble has failed, you're blaming Sears?

Get over yourself.

Take the money they're offering and be done with it. Crying now because you sold yourself short is dumb.

#20367

#20366

Get over yourself.

View more comments (6)

Sears appliances repair

Have a problem with my microwave 3yrs old as well the dishwasher and the stove I purchased from sears at the same time their Elite line. called to have my microwave fixed it gave me a E-9 code servicemen had no idea what was wrong so he called his help line they said it was a inverter and it would cost $375.00 and a vent grill for $85 called some one els for second opinion test show it is a bad megatron covered by sears for 5 years much more to this story! Sears servive is a Scam !!

Sears misleading consumers!

I purchased a PS3 in the Sears store location via Sears.com due to the store not having the item in stock with a gift card because the rep advised me that this was the best way. I'm sure due to commission! The order was placed in store Saturday 6/28. On Sunday after I thought about waiting on it I called and requested to have the order cancelled and the gift card be credited so I could purchase it at Kmart since they had the item in stock. This way the compant would still have the business in the long run. I was told that I could not do that. And that I would recieve it on Thursday. I was ok with that and did not esculate the issue. On Monday I recieve my shipping confirmation email from Sears that also stated 2-4 business days with a UPS tracking number. I checked the tracking number everyday after to only see that UPS had recieve the billing order and to check with the company because there was no further info. So, Thursday, the day I was told by the rep and my Sears confirmation the product would be here comes.. STILL NOTHING! So I called Sears again to which I was told that it would be to me Monday or Tuesday. I'm sure everyone has ordered something online before.. even with the weekends it has NEVER taken me 10 days to recieve something! I talked to the supervisor, she did NOTHING so I asked to speak to her supervisor, he also did NOTHING! I wasn't ugly and cussing and yelling.. I was very calm and professional about it and still nothing was done! I explained that I would be out of town Monday-Thursday and the response I got was well refuse the order and we'll credit the gift card. Yea, like I want to spend another $430 with that company! When I told them I just wanted my money back they advised me to take it up with the store. My advise.. SHOP ELSE WHERE! The whole experience was horrible and I still dont have my product! I will never shop there again!

With all respect to Seared, there is no wharehousing of PS3's. Sony has screwed over every major retailer in the country for just this reason.

They tell a company that they will be getting X-number of units on such and such date, then either don't deliver as many units as promised, or none at all.

As evidenced here, frustrations run high all around.

It's really not Sears' fault. They were probably lied to to begin all this.

#20446

I understand the frustration but the refund policy is based on the type of payment.Being that it is one company now-yeah right I am surprised they couldn't get the item transferred from that local Kmart or order from their warehouse.

What they should do is offer a discount when they do get one.But unfortunetly it still comes down to the form of payment being a gift card.

Problem with giving a different form of credit for the purchase is that the policy looses it's integrity;hard to believe I know.But it also would encourage scams like obtaining a gift card with a no receipt return/stolen merchandise then buying another item and demanding cash for that.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Sears review in Phoenix, Arizona: Almost impossible to schedule warranty service

6 month old washer started leaking. Called Sears and went around and around giving the same info over and over then getting put on hold and then cut off. It took me almost 40 minutes to get an appointment scheduled. The service 'tech' shows up, not in the morning when scheduled but in the afternoon and of course, doesn't have the part. The evening before his scheduled return, I got a call from Sear's robot to call to reschedule. Called. Spent 10 minutes on hold and was told they were just verifying the original scheduled appointment. That's not what the message sent. Any bets on whether the guy shows up at all? I will NEVER buy anything, not even a towel, from Sears again. I don't care if they're giving stuff away. Their warranties and service are ***.

Sears review in Orlando, Florida: Sear Warranty What A Joke

I bought all my new applainces from Sears during my home remodel, the glass on my stove broke; so I called the warranty center. 7 days for a tech to come out and evaluate (evaluate what its broke I can see that) another one to two weeks for parts to come in. So I am supposed to go two to three weeks without a stove!!! What a joke. I called the corp. number and asked if they can pre-order the top to save time; "that is not our policy - you will have to wait for a tech to evaluate" this is *** and bull what is wrong with these people. I want the head of Sears to go a week with a family and no stove see how he likes it!!!
#22030

i am going on my 5th week without a refrigerator. it took over a week to get it "evaluated", and since they do not keep the parts on the truck i had to wait 2 more weeks for the parts to be shipped to me.

then i had to wait over a week to get a serviceman back out. i was told first thing this morning that i was 2nd on the list ad would have service in the morning. by late afternoon i called back and was told that i was 7th on the list. i will never buy a sears product again.

i think we can assume that we will read about sears going out of business in the near future. they have no concept of consumer service. i feel like i live in a 3rd world company when i deal with them.

maybe i could bribe someone to get serice next time. :sigh

#20058

Well, yeah. They want to see why it broke before they're going to spend money on fixing it.

If you dropped a pan on it and broke it yourself, you'll get to pay for it.

If there was a defect that caused it to break, then they will pay for it. Until they know for sure, just use your microwave and shut the heck up.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Sears technicians are not dependable

I bought a sears kenmore front loading washing machine with a 5 year extended warranty. From the beginning, it breaks down every six to eight months. When I call the service to get it repaired, sometimes they come and sometimes they do not. When I call to complain itthey don't arrive, they tell me that the technician called the house and there was no answer! I explain that I was home waiting for them and that I need to have my washing machine fixed. They try to get in contact with the supervisor of the techs and put me on hold. Then they come back and apologize and say they could not reach the supervisor, reschedule the appointment. Some of the technicians get upset if you ask them for identification, especially if they are not wearing a sears uniform. They automatically leave if they don't have their ID and you have to reschedule. Meanwhile, your machine is not working and you cannot wash your dirty clothes. Beware of sears extended warranty.