Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Service date is not really a commitment

Here I am sitting at home waiting for the service repair person to show when Sears calls to say they are not coming and they cant reschedule for 9 days. Sears does not think it would have been better timing to call before the service was schedule and they also think the email confirmation was a tenative not a commitment. Last time I will use these guys. They cost me half a days vacation and do not think they shoudl have to make up for the imposition. I will not reschedule as I can not ever be sure they will come.

I guess the word "confirmation" doesn't mean "to confirm" anymore. I think if companies like this were held to higher standards by some regulatory agency, regular consumers wouldn't be getting the shaft so much.

Sears review in Madison, New York: What a ripoff

we as a family purchased a refrigeator from sears on 6/16. paid 1700 dollers, reaceved on 6/19 at 6 pm. which supposed to be deliver between 2 to 4 pm. the del person broke inside glass outside of my dryway, minor problem right, can be replace. Brought the ref inside the house, wife inspected the ref ,14 dents on the product. del person calls the headquater ,they'll replace the ref so we resedual the del. Next del came on 6/24 8 am. no problem right. Wrong, again a big dent on the door, once again driver calls the headquater to inform, the person on the other line will place a order for the door so the problem can be solved. wrong again, I get a call in the afternoon from sears cust service, it would be hassel for them to replace the door so on and so on, instead they will give me a 100 doller gift certi for sears. Now i'm angry. I gave her a lectture and told her I would like a new ref that i have paid for so once again i requested del date. She resedual the del on 6/26 between 4 to 6pm. No problem, i'll just leave work early, end of story. Wrong again, I get a phone call around 5:30pm from the answering machine that i'll get the del between 10 am to 12 pm.I was on the phone after that for an hour switching back and forth between supervisor, specialist. Finally i got upset and cancel my order because no one can help me set up delivery time as it is we lost 21/2 days of work. They said everyting is automated so you have to keep reschedual delivery. No body wants to take responsibility to take care of the problem. I wa like yo-yo talking to each one and wasted my time and minute on my cell phone. Now i have to go buy another refrigarator NOT FROM SEARS THOUGH. Well, they lost one loyal customer but i guess they don't care. Only thing i'm worry about right now to get full credit on my purchase without loosing a dime. Otherwise anothe battle with them.

Martin, you obviously aren't on the internet much. The way Rakeshp5 wrote is common internet chat lingo and abbreviations. Now, don't you feel ***?

Steven S
#19207

as a corporation they have to play it safe. they are not sure if the delivery man was the one who damaged your property or if you are just a fool with your refridgerator.

sadly enough there has been a lot of bad apples out there who have taken advantage of big corporations like Sears and because of that they have to ahear to a strict policy to protect their assets.

if they gave every angry customer exactly what they wanted they would be out of buisness. my advice in the future is to use a different company apparently sears outsources their deliveries and its not handled by a good company in your area.

#19201

What did you do, get your 4 year old to type this? If you read as well as your type, I wouldn't be suprised if you misinform yourself about everything. I suppose it's Sears' fault you slept through school.

View more comments (2)
Sears Delivery Service

Sears review in Washington, District Of Columbia: The Cass Of The Missing Microwave

On Memorial Day, I went into the Northwest Plaza Sears store, in Saint Louis, MO to purchase a new range and a microwave with a exhaust hood. I used the online kiosk in the Hardware department to access my Wish List from sears.com. As I attempted to leave the Hardware department to go to the Appliances department, I was stopped by a sales associate from the Hardware department who insisted that he ring out my sale. I had been in the store a month previous with my mother to purchase a new range and a microwave for her home and the transaction, delivery and installation went smoothly. I wanted to deal with the same person who had done my mother's transaction but, against my better judgement, I let the Hardware associate handle it. What happened next is that the Hardware associate rang me out but neglected to set up the delivery of the items. He assumed that I would be taking the items with me. He did not realize this until I asked him, "So, where is my delivery paperwork?" I asked him this because my mother left Sears with a folder and instructions on how the delivery and installation would take place. So, the Hardware associate then voided the transaction. It is at this point I should stress that the card that I use is not a credit card but a debit card connected to my money market account. The Hardware associate then re-rang the items and did not arrange for the delivery again. So, he voided the items a second time. He then went to check with his manager about the proper paperwork, came back and re-rang the items a third time. On the third time, he arranged the delivery of the range correctly but, the microwave was a special order so, the installation and delivery of that item was messed up. He voided out the microwave, checked again with his manager and then, re-rang it again. At then end of this, I walked out of Sears with several reciepts and one delivery order. Everything was scheduled for delivery on Friday of the same week as Memorial Day. The range showed up and was installed just fine. Not the story for the microwave. The installer called me from the distribution center where the microwave was to be picked up. The distribution center said to the installer that they had no microwave for him and that the order had been cancelled. I said to the installer that I understood and that I was sorry for his trouble. I then attempted to get a refund for the microwave and the installation charges. For several days, I went around and around with Customer Service to no avail. I finally had to go into the store and speak to the manager of the Appliances department who said he would take care of it. I gave him copies of my reciepts and papers. He called me later on that day and let me know that there was going to be a waiting period of 10 - 15 business days before I would see my refund. I waited. The days passed and my money was not refunded. I finally got a hold of the store manager who explained to me that he spoke with the Appliance manager, had the details and explained that the installer told him that I had the microwave, that the installer saw the box at my house. I told the store manager that he was lying. The store manager told me that he has to continue to investigate. The $725.xx refund is stil not in my account, as of 06/26/2008.

I hope you are notified of comments to your complaint. FIRST OFF, CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND TELL THEM YOU ARE CONTESTING THE CHARGE AND HAVE THEM REMOVE IT....NOW, was the "installer" who went to the distribution center the same one who installed your stove? If it is the same one, why didn't he just install the microwave while he was there (since he saw the box, he said) #2) did YOU talk to the distribution center yourself? How do you know the installer was telling the truth? Maybe that installer picked up and stole the microwave.

I'm trying to understand if there are two different installers here and if so which one went to the distribution center...If it was a different person, he probably was never at your house to "see the box" - If it was the same person and he saw the box, why did he go to the distribution center and then tell you the order had been cancelled. If he really went there and they told him the order was cancelled, why won't he back that up?BECAUSE HE RIPPED YOU OFF!! and he doesn't want to get caught -

Since when do corporations investigations rely on a statement from a contract worker "i saw a microwave box" Even if you had one, how would he know it was the same one in question?

CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND INSURANCE FOR YOUR STATE AND FILE A COMPLAINT. Also, call the store manager and tell him you think #1) the guy who rang and re-rang your orders got it so screwed up that the distribution center cancelled the order because they didn't know what else to do or #2) your microwave has been stolen by the installer and you are going to call the police. Be confident and agressive. GOOD LUCK. I wish I could find out what happened.

Sears Installation

Sears review in Boston, Massachusetts: Customer Service Attrocity

I recently ordered a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears, which unfortuneately took two weeks to receive. My old refrigerator died in the recent heat wave. I ordered left hand doors. When the refrigerator came it had right hand doors. I called Customer Service to get the problem rectified and was told by the rep that her computer didn't show the request for left hand doors. I was holding the receipt which clearly had printed on it LH Doors, whigh I told her. She then proceeded to tell me that anyone could have typed that in. I was speechless. I then asked her if I could speak to her Supervisor. She placed me on hol for 10 minutes. It was 10:15 at night I don't think they were that busy. I immediately called back and got a different rep who couldn't beleive that the previous rep had said that to me. I will never buy one more thing at Sears. I also sell Real Estate and am frequently asked by clients where a great appliance store may be. Guess what, Sears will not be my response.
Review

Sears review in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania: Appliances+Delivery=Poor Service & Damages

My wife and I were in the market for a new Refrigerator. We trekked off to Sears' land in search of a unit that needed to be very specific in size to fit in the area of the existing kitchen. We found a floor model that was in pristine condition, and decided on "free" delivery, after the salesperson assured us it would be appropriately wrapped and delivered without any problems... Duh! I worked at Lowe's for 4 yrs, I know how careful delivery is with other people's merchandise! The day of delivery came and I left work to watch "twiddle dee" and "twiddle dumb" not remove the doors/drawer and preceded to lug it in my front door, onto my kitchen. Needless to say, it was heavily damaged on all of the exposed sides! After I pointed out what they had done, they told me all discrepancies had to be noted on the delivery papers; which i did. I then, as instructed, called my salesperson and explained the issue. Apparently her manager was the only one who could decide what to do, and when I approached him to discuss, he told me they would return it and walked away. niicce..! They said they couldn't order parts or Credit me for the damaged exposed case side. I went to searspartsdirect, and looked for the doors myself... Sure enough they are available! The salesperson gave me corporates number and I'm waiting to resolve the issue still!!! We'll see what happens next... Stay tuned
ambitious1535

In this day and age it's worth it to take a picture of a used out of the box item that will be delivered at a later date. Surprised the company doesn't do it.

The customer and company should sign off on a damage list AND picture.

Also Sears uses alot of contractors paid per job and not hourly so they have every incentive to rush. Hope all turned out well.

View more comments
Sears Manager

Sears review in Highland Park, New Jersey: Incompetent employees

Completely incompetent customer service I began telling the manager how to do her job and how in order to make the situation (on which they screwed up on) more bearable for them and the customer (me)… then I realized *** I am giving sears training for free … let them burn so I hung up … NEVER GO TO SEARS Calling for repairs completely a waste of time with sears unless you like spending all day and everyday in your house and missing work then be my guest and let them take over your life and schedule sincerely,Pissed off my handle

I purchased an expensive refrigerator from Sears a few years ago. It costs me nearly a thousand dollars.

They kept pushing their insurance coverage against breakdowns, the cost was $200. Surely enough the appliance broke down-just two years later. The repair would cost me $400-just for the replacement part. I could not believe an expensive Kenmore appliance was programmed to break down in just two years.

I called Sears and was basically told that I should have purchased the coverage. My advice to consumers;avoid Sears like the plague.

Quality and customer service are not on their agenda anymore. I will return to my old favorites: Maytag and GE.

To Jerome, the other fellow isn"t the only one with literary isssues. Advise is the verb form.

Advice is the noun. I'm sure Sears would have paid top dollar for your advice.

I purchased an expensive refrigerator from SEars a few years ago. It costs me nearly a thousand dollars.

As bad as your (poor) third-grade grammar is, I'm sure Sears would have paid top dollar for any advise you had to give. NOT

View more comments (3)
Sears Manager

Sears.com horrible experience

I purchased a Frigidaire 19.53 cu ft Commercial Refrigerator directly through sears.com on May 28th with an expected delivery date of June 9th. Come the 9th I receive no refrigerator delivery or phone call to reschedule. I call Sears home delivery on the 11th and they inform me that it will be delivered on the 12th between 10am and 12pm. At 11am on the 12th a man contracted by sears for installation shows up but no refrigerator. I contact sears and they inform me that the refrigerator is at the dock waiting for a work order for the delivery. I'm told that some new procedures were put in place that were not done by customer service for my order and that is why my refrigerator was not being delivered. I find out this internal error on their part after calling 4 different 800 numbers that sears customer service reps had kept redirecting me to. Not only were the customer service reps rude and short with me, they did not seem to know very much about anything besides setting a date for delivery. A total of 3 delivery dates were scheduled and broken without explanation. Finally almost 2 weeks from the original delivery date (3 weeks since I placed my order) I receive my refrigerator. I loaded the refrigerator the same day with some beverages, not even filling the refrigerator to half its capasity the shelving callapses(keep in mind its a commercial refrigerator meant to hold more than 2 cases of pop on each shelf). Glass bottles, beer and cans of pop were broken and spilled not only within the refrigerator but pushed the door open and spilled onto the kitchen floor. I figured out the brackets that hold the shelves up where installed improperly by Sears and were at an angle causing the shelves to not hold the weight they were meant to. Again I attempt to call sears and have this situation rectified and found myself to be instructed to call a different 800 number for sears' many departments. Customer service told me to call sears.com, sears.com told me to call exchange dept, exchange dept told me to call warranty dept, warranty dept told me to call sears.com. It was a never ending cycle of miscommuncation on Sears' part within their departments and countless useless 800 numbers. Finally after reaching a supervisor I was told an exchange would be made in 7 days and they offered me a $50 sears gift card to make up for the damages and lost alcohol and beverages in the improperly installed refrigerator. Like I ever want to purchase ANYTHING from that run down, practically a thrift shop store again. The refrigerator was only $100 less than ABT electronics, but if I would have known then what I have experienced with Sears I would have paid $1,000 more to avoid Sears.

Warranty Never Recorded with Sears

In 2004, I purchased a Kenmore top load Washer, Dryer, and 5 year extended warranty from Sears. My washer stopped working in the 4th year that I had it and I called Sears warranty department to have it fixed. To my amazement, they did not have a warranty recorded for my washer. I explained where I purchased it and the location as well as the price - $1,100 (total cost with 5-year warranty). On the day that I had purchased my washer, dryer, and 5-year warranty; I also paid for the same style washer, dryer, and 5-year warranty for one of my friends. I asked her to call and see if her warranty was recorded - and hers was recorded and the warranty was to expire on September 2009. I used various phone numbers to see if any of them would pick up the warranty, but to no avail. I am at a lost. I paid for a 5 year warranty on my appliances and Sears never recorded it in their system. In addition to that, they don't even have my dryer listed as being purchased. I even asked if they see the washer and dryer being delivered by them, to my house. Nope, that wasn't in their either. However, they have the model numbers of both the washer and dryer. Obviously, the store associate, took my money for the warranty, but did not record my warranty when I made my purchase. Sears stole my money.
#19009

Take your receipt to the store and have them correct it.

Sears mower and Kohler motor cracked after 27 hours

i had sears mower less than a year and had only 27 hours on kohler motor before it cracked. I called warranty line and they sent repair man out ordered new engine. That was 3 weeks ago and now they are saying they have to make that engine and it will be a couple of weeks until they cast it. That means i will be without mower pretty much all summer. I have called every Sears customer service number that i can find and i get a lot of false promises to have somebody call back that can do something to help. Don't buy from Sears unless you want junk!
Sears Repair