Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lack of Service from Sears

I called sears repair service to have them come out and look at my dishwasher. When it starts up it is vewry noisy. I called on 2/25/08 to make an appointment. I explained to the rep that I work nights and need to have the serviceman at my home between 8:00am and 12:00pm. I thought the person on the other end said they could have some one at my home on 2/26/08. I thought great, next day service. WRONG! I heard Tuesday but the person (not american born) said Thursday. Tuesday 2/26/08 came with no phone call to set up a time. So I called the Sears 800 number to see what was going on. This is when I found out my appointment was for THURSDAY(2/28/08), not Tuesday. So again, I explained that the repairman needs to be here between 8-12 because I work nights. Can you guess what happens next?? Yep, no phone call again. So again, I call Sears 800 number to make a complaint. We set up another appointment for 3/4/08 and again I explained to the person that the repairman needs to be here between 8-12 because I work nights. Here it is 3/4/08 and (can you see a pattern developing here?) no phone call. So I call again and ask for the complaint department. I get sent to the Nat'l Complaint Dept. Again I explain to the person on the other end that I work nights, and need to have some one here between 8-12. Each time they say we can only give you a time frame of 8:00am-5:00pm. I guess the world just revolves around 8:00-5:00. Evreything stops dead in its tracks at 5:01pm. I asked the rep on the other end if I can get my local Maytag repair man to look at my dishwasher and send Sears the bill. The *** dishwasher will be out of warranty before Sears will understand 8-12. I will neber by Sears again. I hope they drop off the face off the earth.

THEY DID THE SAME TO ME .I HADTO TAKE TIME OFF ,JUST FIR SEARS TO CANCEL AT THE LASTED MINUTE.NOT ONCE BUT TWICE .WHEN THEY FINALLY CAME THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULDN,T COVER IT.I HAVE THE MASTER PRUTION PLAN . :( :( :( :(

Sears On(Off)-Line

6 days ofter ordering a Levi's duffle dubag on-line ("pick-up at store") there was no contact from Sears. Of course the merchendise was absolutely available when I called them before. After my first complaint They kindy informed me that my order had been cancelled. Would be OK if they simply let me know about that ASAP after ordering. In that way I would have been waiting half a year with no response. ---This is the line to fulfill minimum capacity of 100 words comment---This is the line to fulfill minimum capacity of 100 words comment--- No more Sears!

Sears Warranty

I write this letter in extreme frustration with Sears and the inability to deliver on the promises that have been made. 1/1/08, the washing machine stopped working. I contacted Sears to have a technician come out to repair the machine. The appt is 1/24 3 weeks later. The technician was to arrive between 1 and 5 PM, he arrived at 7. He could not repair the machine or determine what was wrong as it was a stacking unit & that required 2 technicians and that since the serial numbers located in the washer door has rubbed clean he was not able to determine what type of machine we had, then charged a service call fee of $65.00. I contacted Sears and they were very sorry and would refund the service charge, & made a new appt for the 29th. The technician did not show, & made a new appt. He ordered a part. When it arrived the technician came out and installed the part. The machine still did not work. So they ordered several other parts & again a no show for the appt. They set up another appt. The mgr at Sears stated she would make arrangements for us to be reimbursed for the laundry charges. I contacted Sears 2/15 & was told that the most I could get reimbursed for the laundry for 2 months was $60.00, & expect in 5 – 7 days. I have not received it. The technician came out & again installed new parts. The machine still did not work. One Monday 2/25 I contacted Sears again. I spoke with Monica & she stated that she was authorizing a replacement of the machine & another $100 in laundry reimbursement & that someone would also be contacting to reimburse me the service charge. T2/28 I contacted Sears again. I spoke to Mike who stated that Monica should not have authorized the replacement as we had not had 4 service calls. I explained that the service call this Saturday will be the 7th service call. He stated that since Sears had not showed up on 2 of the service calls & that the other 2 calls did not include replacement of parts, I would have to endure at least 2 more service calls in which they installed more parts in the machine prior to having the machine replaced. I explained, that Sears has already spent more in parts that the machine cost when I purchased it. So after 1 ½ hours, 2 disconnections & explaining myself 5 times, Sears has decided that I am to receive nothing in the way of customer service. Sheryl

I have had a Sears repair-person over my house 5x in 12 months. Now they are giving me the run-around on honoring the warranty. Been on hold with a representative for over 45 minutes and I am going out of my mind.

Will short Sears stock first thing Monday morning

Sears just decided to not honor a warrantee repair on a high end dishwasher. It stopped working during the warrantee, the repair request was called in during the warrantee period and a repair was scheduled.

I had to cancel the service call due to a conflict.

Now Sears tells me that I am out of warrantee and they will not service the machine under warrantee. This is the second machine that I bought from them in the last year that has failed...never going to buy from Sears again and will do my best to tell future potential customers just how bad their products and service really are

We too have had the worse experience with Sears customer service. We purchased a high-end Kenmore Elite french door refrigerator/freezer from Sears in Nov.

2011. In April 2012 the entire thing quit. After numerous "missed" technician visits due to their lack of notifying us of their arrival time we finally got a technician to look at it and inform us that it couldn't be fixed and therefore we "qualified" for a replacement of "similar" kind.

It's been over 2 weeks without a refrigerator and now we are again at their mercy waiting for them to call and set a replacement appointment after they go through their "process"! This is so frustrating and we will NEVER buy another Sears product again!

I would never purchase anything from sears ever again. they're customer service is the worst in the nation and they;re so called blue rippon team at corporate is worst than lower level management.

I ordered a brand new kenmore cooktop and it arrived through usp left on my front porch damaged in the box. I contacted the store and was told that sears would repair or replace it because it was still under warranty. i called the 800 number and was transferred to 5 different departments and then told that because i purchased from thier online store it could not be repaired or replaced and that i needed to file a damage claim with ups who they shipped it through. ( go figure) i was told by a rep name brice that he would send me a 75.00 gift card for my trouble.

well i called the next day still upset and was told that no one knew who brice was. i finally contacted the corporate blue ribbon team who stated that because i recieved a discount on the unit he would not be willing to replace it but offered a 100.00 gift card after the service call was complete. the service guy came out and saw the unit and refused to fix it because he stated that sears should just replace it. he called my gopher and they agreed to replace the unit and stated that i would reciev e an email regarding replacement.

i never recieved an email and so i called the blue ribbon team and talk to a case manager who told me that the item should be replaced but since he was not the one handling my case i needed to talk to ikhlas mirza and he would have to make that decision. well he is a complete *** and he did everything except called me a liar. he told me sears will not replace a unit that i got a discount on that if i wanted my broken unit replace regardless of the fact that it is still under warranty i need to pay the difference of the current price.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never buy anything from sears horrible customer service, horrible warranty, and horrible corporate personnell.

Sears has been giving us the runaround for almost a week to fix our 23 month old A/C unit. They said the parts will be on backorder until Aug.

25! We have called around to several places in the area and the parts are available locally!!!! We have contacted Sears main office in Chicago with no resolution. We are finished with them (except small claims court).

By the way, it is supposed to be 100 degrees again tomorrow and we can't use our Kenmore central A/C because of Sears' incompetency. We will never purchase as much as a screwdriver from Sears again.

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite Fridge- the biggest piece of junk going. It's 4 years old- for the 1st 2 1/2 years I had service at least 5-6 times for it freezing everything placed towards the back.

As incredible as this sounds- I was told not to put anything in the back of my fridge. Finally one repair guy came out and replaced something and it semi worked for 1- 1 1/2 years. Now, its not working. The fridge is warm, the freezer is like the fridge and it's not making ice.

I've been waiting 12 days for a service call on the extended warranty tha I paid mega bucks for. Supposed to come here between 1-25 meanwhile I had to throw out HUNDREDS of DOLLARS of items from the freezer and fridge- NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

@Nora-Eve

Currently having the same problem. Unit has been down for 2 weeks, parts are back ordered coming from Korea??

I was told by their advocacy group that though the warranty reads replacement of the entire unit if they can't fix it, or get parts, the law (as I was quoted by Sears representative) only requires them to fix it within 28 days. We have been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks now with no end in sight.

How much sense does it make for Sears "service" to not carry parts. No wonder Sears is going out of business.

Update: The Sears Man in Blue showed up on time, was very pleasant, tested the dryer, found the sound (a dime)and continued to test the dryer and tested the heating temp, since I thought it was heating way too hot. He could not find a problem.

I was not charged. He did not make me feel *** and said it was better to be safe than sorry.

I live alone and need to be able to trust what I am told and who I am purchasing from. So, I am still happy with Sears and will continue to purchase from them.

I have always had great service and bought excellent products from SEars. But, I just bought a stacked washer/dryer in January and the dryer is not working.

I set up a call for today between 1-5. It is only 3:45 so, no problem. Last night I received a courtsey call and was told I would have to provide prrof of the warranty when the tech arrives....great...do I have proof? I called and with in 3 minutes I was supplied with a number and guaranteed that the tech could have looked it up too.

OK, so far so good.

I will keep you posted. They just called to say they will be here in 15 minutes...So far so service issues.

GOT TO AGREE, SEARS IS NOT THE STORE I GREW UP WITH. THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO NOT HONOR THE'ER WARRANTIES.

LOOK AT THE'ER PARKING LOTS, TOTALLY EMPTY EVERY DAY. TO BAD, ONCE A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP!!!

#192816

SEARS told us our CAMERA must be sent out for repair SEVEN TIMES before they will consider replacement, AND that will take several months to accomplish BY THEN our WARRANTY will be EXPIRED DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTEES or anything from SEARS

#161935

I totally understand. Sears came out to fix my TV (the appt was scheduled btwn 1p-5p, they showed up at 630p and didn't leave until 815p) and charged me $280.

The TV was not repaired properly and had the same problem within a week. I had another service tech out and he determined the board needed to be sent for repair, this cost and additional $238. Another appointment was made for them to replace the repaired part and this was cancelled. After waiting over a month I told them to cancel the repair and send my board back and refund my money.

They sent back the board and I had another company come, he repaired the board and my TV was fixed within a day. Now Sears will not refund any of my money because I called another company, even though they fixed nothing!! I filed a complaint with BBB, but so far I've gotten nowhere. Sears does not care about its customers, does not respect the time of the customer, and does not fulfill its committments.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would be sent to collections. It is absolutely ridiculous that a company can get away with this!

DON'T SHOP AT SEARS, DON'T HAVE REPAIRS DONE THROUGHT SEARS!! :(

Being a widow and alone-I relied on the extended warranty to help me when I needed to order a part for my weedwacker. I called the number on my "original" receipt-read the warranty number on my receipt-I ordered the part and was given a part reference number as a confirmation and old it would arrive 3-5 days - Today one month later-I called to see where is the part - guess what - No Record Of My Call-No Order and they kept transferring my call _OUTRAGEOUS_TOTAL SCAM_ VERY VERY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF _ DISGUSTING & I"LL NEVER GO BACK AND BUY AS MUCH AS A PENCIL FROM THEM. I'M NOT A WEALTHY PERSON TO BE CHEATED LIKE THIS.

Same scenario here in San Diego ... Tech came out 3 hours late ....

"discovered" that it was a"stacker" washer/dryer machine so he "couldn't do anything because it takes 2 techs to work on a stacker. This was an INSTALL of a BRAND NEW MACHINE ! They brought it with them !!! Then could only leave it in the middle of the driveway until a second tech could come with him (even though I had paid $75 extra for the full in-home installation).

Man, Sears service/installation/repair sucks !!!! I love the Stores, but that back-end business is horrible!

I need help with any suggestions to get Sears to honor a warranty on out 72' Sony TV There was nothing wrong just a part replacement now after 5 weeks and going on our forth repalcement part and the tv is not working it was working befor Sears came ourt for maintenance Now we are getting the royal runaround Help

in response to the original post if the model/serial number is not readable or missing the tech should not have charged you and walked away. It is against company policy to work on any equipment missing this important info.

Also to the person who said shop Best Buy.. go right ahead. Sears has implemented a new repair service called A&E factory services which repairs appliances for all the major retailers including Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot and many other. Also take in mind when shopping at these other stores that sears owns the brand name of Maytag, Whirlpool, and Kenmore.

Also many other brands like Admiral are subsidaries of the above mentioned national brands. 90% of the time if you call your store for warranty work you will get one of these techs to come work on your appliance and they do work with your insurance company also so you stand a good chance of still getting a sears tech. Only way to guarantee it is to pay the repair bill yourself and hire a local repair service to do the repair. Sears is set up to be in a win win situation in todays market.

If you are having a serious problem with the tech service call the main office in Chicago. Believe me they will listen to you or call the manufacturer number listed on your owners manual. I have only seen one machine in many years take months to complete and it wasn't the techs or sears fault. It was the manufacturer that had listed the part numbers wrong in the system.

Don't always blame the first person. It may not be their fault

I agree Sears is no longer a reputable place to shop. I also got stung by their not honoring a warranty on replacement windows.

First off, I have had my hands full with the so-called Sears warranties, customer handling and so many failures in promises by this once upon a time company.

NOTE: SEARS is owned by K_MART based in the USA and there is not a single sq. inch of space or property owned by SEARS anymore. K-MART bought the banner of SEARS and everything and K-MART doesn't honor the old SEARS slogan.

SEARS in Canada, the USA and within other countries internationally officially went bust in 2005 - though, SEARS was already a finished/bankrupt company in the earlier 2000's.

Though no SEARS associate or manager wishes to speak about this....all the present SEARS branded stores ought to be named K-MART so customers would recognize what a foolish company they were really dealing with.

I could make a very long list of people, now educated to the point, where they realize there is no such store as SEARS, and we have all taken our business elsewhere.

Gosh, the troubles the SEARS operation put us through...unthinkable and distressing.

The words I would like to write here to truly reflect our horror with the SEARS branded stores so not appear in the OXFORD or WESBERS dictionaries.

Sears does not wish to honor anything bought through their stores....pushing the buck is what they're all about. Sears is so full of lies and absolute mismanagement - I can see the day when this operation will no longer function under the banner Sears.

I know people who worked at Sears and the horror stories. I have now furthered this by bringing my complaint to the Media, though, I will also lodge a legal complaint against this company.

Since we all come from a historic background by shopping at Sears - this outfit has now lost many customers of big & small ticket items and this list will only get longer

Personally, if I were an associate or manager at this company - I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The rabid attempt to push customers around and not giving a hoot - the lies and more lies....I am not surprised this company is losing money & client base.

DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS is the best I can advise the public........

I had a major issue in regards to SEARS leather furniture and dozens & dozens of calls later - SEARS kept making promises and promises and furthered it by stating an outfit by the name of Paramount Furniture would come by to take a look at my deteriorating leather, after only having had it for a couple of months. It was Sculpted Leather.....never buy this junk!

The dude from Paramount showed up once and took pictures of the damages and I never ever heard back from him again. Scores of calls later to Head Office, I was given excuse after excuse and what an absolute horror story. All those people claiming to be managers, ARE NOT really managers as they say...they are regular associates. I demanded to speak to REAL management when I was finally connected to Head Office to generate my complaint from the beginning again. This is a tediously long complaint, over 100 pages of data while I kept all the data myself of whom I had spoken to, the dates and times and more. This story, to get a FULL WARRANTY LOVESEAT & 2 RECLINERS replaced would end up taking shy of 4 years in total. If this is Warranty and Satisfaction Guaranteed or Money Refunded - then I don't know what other type of lie a company can boast about in a negative neglect.

I have not had my replacement leather furniture, of better quality leather, since May of 2009 and so far so good....God help me if I have to go through another f'nangle with Sears about this again.

I know Sears has my name on ALL of their computers now....instead of organizing their affairs - they continue to hold this data against me - even on new items purchased since the leather issue.

Okay, there was a Washer & Dryer issue too and my first set was purchased by my mother and sent to me as a gift. My mother lives in an alternate province in Canada so ANOTHER HUGE BATTLE. SEARS would "not" allow the set to get returned to a Vancouver store, as they continued to tell me the problem had to do with taxes and rebates. A long battle later, finally I was told the Washing system would get picked up and totally replaced. There is very much left out here but I only dealt with SEARS H/O in Belleville, Ontario.

Gosh, gosh & gosh what absolute grief. Pages and pages of data later - SEARS wouldn't apply the money/rebate towards a new Washing system, so they eventually reimbursed a little to myself and a little to my mom. It all got so disorganized and even the lady at H/O told me she was totally confused, while I told this woman this was all supposed to be a simple trade around towards a different Washing system as the first set didn't work.

LONG-LONG-LONG story short...all the monies were finally returned in the form of cheques and Gift Cards....what a fi'nangle.

Okay, so I bought a much more expensive Washing system with the Gift Cards as the store wouldn't convert the Cards back to cash only. I already had it up to my ears with the incompetence at this Department Store - so I bought a fancy Whirlpool Washing system. Just over a month later, the Dryer continues to work just fine but the Washer doesn't drain as it should and there's always water on the floor. THREE calls for a technician to come over is still to reflect if any technician will ever show. I already know exactly what the store or any SEARS manager will tell me.

I "know" this will be yet another run-around and I soundly advise all people who read this - you can ALL buy the same Washing sytem for cheaper at FUTURE SHOP/BESTBUY and circumvent Sears altogether.

I already know SEARS is having money problems so they have even sold their infamous SEARS TOWER in Chicago to assist in paying down their debts. Just because SEARS has money problems, how do they expect customers to come back and shop some more, when the store can't even back a bra, a pair of panties, small appliances to big appliances....let alone furniture or socks. This SEARS store is a shambles and I will not be a further returning customer...yet more 100's of pages of data later - I've had enough....NO MORE SEARS.....FOLKS SHOP ELSEWHERE TO AVOID THIS B/S WITH SEARS & THEIR SO CALLED WARRANTIES.....EXTENDED WARRANTIES...CHECK UNDER CONSUMER REPORTS & IT WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT THESE WARRANTIES ARE GOOD FOR........ALL A BUNCH MORE LIES.

AVOID THIS OUTFIT LIKE A DEADLY PLAGUE...this SEARS operation is only about taking legal advantage of people and people's money....DO NOT SHOP at SEARS anymore!!!!!

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS EVER AGAIN!! THEY LOST A VALUABLE CUSTOMER NOT TO MENTION OTHERS WITH COMPLAINTS!!

I AM GOING THROUGH A SIMILAR CRISIS MYSELF WITH SEARS. I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU & TAKING THEM TO COURT(CONSUMER LAW & LEMON LAW).

I HAVE PURCHASED 2 REFRIGERATORS & 1 FREEZER IN THE PAST & NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. JUST LAST YEAR IN JULY 2008, I PURCHASED A REFRIGERATOR FROM THEM. STARTING IN JANUARY 2009 I HAVE BEEN HAVING NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS.

STILL TO THIS DATE I AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT & SEARS. SEARS HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GIVEN ME THE RUNAROUND & EVERYONE I HAVE SPOKEN TO HAS A DIFFERENT ANSWER & IS ALWAYS PASSING THE BUCK!!

Should have bought hte machines from BEST BUY and purchased a LG one instead of the KENMORE aka KENLESS brand. SEARS Stinks.

We had a similiar problems with a freezer we bought from SEARS. They wanted us to rent a freezer from them for a month so that they could order parts for a freezer that was less than 2 years old. Well, we told them about the 48 report about SEARS and their lack of waranty service.

Mention that and wham, they told us to goto the WAREHOUSE and pick up a new freezer and they would haul that "KENLESS" *** away for us. Needless to say, I wouldn't shop at SEARS for anything at all.

Ouch, ya going to buy LG from a dealer now?

Thank God this Sears *** doesn't happen here in British Columia (for those that have no idea where BC is, it's on the west coast (like above like Washington State (like Seattle and below Alaska????).

Like have a good day? hahahahaha

That's disgusting. I would bring them to court. But in the end the best thing you can do is STOP BUYING SEARS PRODUCTS (EVER AGAIN). I have stopped myself. That's the only way they will learn. There are plenty of small, reputable places to buy appliances from. It might be a little more expensive but how much is your peace of mind worth? Mine's quite valuable to me.

Too many people complain and then a month later you'lls ee them right back at Sears falling for it all again.

bah.

hate sears a lot

I worked for sears, you would not believe the horror stories i could tell you,

With the protection agreement, you should have never been billed for the service call.

View more comments (27)
Sears Repair

Sears Canada 'Ship-A-Gift' Program - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

On January 23, 2008 a crib mattress was ordered through Sears' 'Ship-a-Gift' program. The delivery date was for January 30. On the 30th I received a phone call saying my mattress had been put on the wrong truck and instead of going to London (where I live) it was now in Cambridge. I was told that it should be here by the weekend. When Saturday evening arrived I called the Corporate Customer Service (CCS) line to find out what was happening. I was then told that it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday (Feb 4 or 5). When Tuesday evening arrived and my mattress hadn't I again called the CCS to find out when my mattress would arrive. I was basically told that they had no idea where my mattress was and that I should call back at the end of the week. Friday evening (February 8) I again call CCS to see what's happening and again they still have no idea. I am asked to wait one more week and call back. On Friday evening I was finally told that it would be here on Thursday February 21. I received a phone call on February 19 telling me that my delivery would be on the 21st. I was not going to be home so I called the number provided to make other arrangements and was told that they didn't have me booked for delivery as the mattress had not yet been received here in London. I was also told that it was delivered to the wrong location and needed to be redirected! What? Again? You've Got to be Kidding, Right?!?! Nope! Today is February 25th and this ridiculous ordeal is STILL going on. My mattress STILL has not arrived. Sears STILL has NO IDEA of when it will be delivered to my home. Here's a good one! After nearly 5 weeks of waiting I was just told yesterday (through an email) that I could cancel my order if I wanted to. I told them that after all this time they should be giving the mattress to me for FREE for all the time and effort I have spent on this and to compensate me for my extreme patience (still waiting to see what's going to happen with my request). It should be noted that the mattress that was ordered has NEVER been on back-order so there is absolutely NO REASON why it should not be here. There is one reason and ONLY one reason why I don't have my mattress - because ONE employee who works in shipping who can not read a delivery label correctly. Ridiculous! I honestly can't believe that a company as large as Sears could be so incompetent. Get this one! Sears has a policy that when an item gets delivered to the wrong location they take the item and put it on a truck and let it sit there until the truck fills up and ONLY then will they send the truck back to Belleville so the item can again be sent back out for delivery. This process can take up to a week, possibly longer (in my case, 5 weeks and counting). The reason behind this? Sears needs a credit card number to generate a new order! Hrmm, what's the deal with my mattress then? Sears got a credit card number when the order was placed through the 'ship-a-gift' program so as soon as this item was shipped to the wrong location a new order should have been immediately generated (that is their policy). This would also have meant that I could get my mattress (a gift for our new son) in a timely manner. Apparently this is just another excuse in the long list of excuses that they seem to have when it comes to why items aren't received. I seriously doubt that they will get any further business from either the sender of the mattress or myself as they honestly don't deserve it. Should I receive the gift cards I asked for I will use them! I want to get what I rightfully deserve but then you can rest assured that I will boycott the store - there are plenty of other stores that will happily take my money AND provide me with quality customer service too!
Sears Shipping Service

Sears in Dallas, Texas - On Delivery Date, No Delivery!!!!!!

I purchased stainless steel dish washer, refrigerator, and wall on Jan 5th 2008. The delivery date was Jan 17th 2008. On Jan 17th 2008 the only that should up at my home was a WHITE DISHWASHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wrong color! The fringe wouldn't be delivered til Jan 23 and get this the wall oven wouldn't get deliver til Feb 16th!!!!! If you need your appliaces asap don't buy them from sears. Now that the wall oven has finally arrived guess what it has a scratch on the front of it. It's been 6 exausting weeks in dealing with Sears...although the prices are good I don't know if it's worth the hassel! Really, I do have a full time job and then I had to almost call sears daily to find out where my appliances were. At one point in time the oven had misteriously been canceled for delivery. The sales associates did not ring my sale correctly so I had to call Sears Credit to straighten that out. I would guess that I have been on the phone with sears on average of about 3 times a week for the last 6 weeks. I know their phone number by heart....which in itself is truely sad! Good Luck!!!!
Loss

Sears.com forces gift card for returned items

I Tried to return some clothes bought at Sears.com to local Sears store. It took about 45 minutes and five people and they still couldn't figure out how to complete the return. In the end, they could not put refund back on my credit card- I was fored to take a Sears gift card. When I called corporate customer relations, the woman on the other end said "Yeah, that has happened to me, too." Her manager said "well there is a problem if you are returning something that store doesn't carry. I asked her "Shouldn't Sears fix that problem?" She got hostile.

Well first off... they aren't really supposed to return items bought online in the store because they may not have it in store.

Second, be happy that they did spend 45 minutes on ONE customer. If it were me, i would have told you that we could not take the return and that was that.

Sears Provides Horrible Customer Service

On 2/18/08 my husband and I went to Sears Hardware to purchase a toolbox. While we were shopping we noticed a pool table that was marked down from $249.99 to $125.00. The sign stated that the item was discontinued. We decided this sounded like a good deal and we wanted to purchase it. I combed the store for an associate to assist me to no avail. I then went to the register and asked the associate working there if she could find someone to assist me as I was interested in purchasing the pool table on clearance. It took 15 minutes for her to find anyone to help me. When the associate did arrive to help me I explained that I wanted to purchase this pool table that was on clearance. He said no problem and set out to locate the item. 20 minutes later he returns and states that I cannot have the item for the price listed on the sign that the price was for the floor model only. I pointed out to him that the sign said the item was discontinued and there was no mention that the reduction was for the floor model or that it would be an as is purchase. Additionally I told him I had been an employee of Sears in the past and had been responsible for setting up displays and signs and I knew what the sign was to say if it was a floor model only purchase. The associate, David was growing frustrated as he could not explain why he could not honor the price on the sign or why the sign was worded the way it was if it was meant only for the floor model. I asked to speak to his manager. David said he was out having a cigarette break and he would be right in to help. Another 20 minutes later, the manager Keith comes over to talk to us. Again we are told that the price is for the floor model only. I explain to him that this is not what the sign says and he shrugs his shoulders and says sorry. My husband growing upset asks to speak to his manager. My husband tells the manager Keith that he owns his own business and that he would never treat a customer this way. Then David, who is now helping another customer, starts getting into it with my husband in front of the other customer. David says to my husband, “where do you work because I'll be sure not to go there because you are a ***”. He then calls my husband a ***, tells us we are ***, and states he wants to take my husband outside to fight and does not care if he loses his job. David actually walked away from the customer he was with to yell at us. Throughout this whole ordeal the manager just stands there and does nothing. He has no control over the situation or his employee what so ever. The manager gives my husband the Customer Service number and we leave. The very next morning I call the Customer Service number to file a complaint. I speak to Kelly. Just as I finish explaining the whole ordeal their phone conveniently disconnects me. I call back and speak to Joseph. Joseph states that what I just told Kelly was not entered into the computer and there was no record of the call. I again have to explain my story. After going through everything a second time, Joseph can do nothing and puts me through to an HR representative named Henry. Now even though I have told my story twice and it has been entered into the system by Joseph, I am asked to tell it AGAIN. After telling Henry all of the details he puts me on hold to call the store manager, Keith to see if he can resolve the issue. 10 minutes later Henry comes back to the phone and says he spoke to Keith and Keith is unwilling to honor the price and therefore there is nothing more he can do because the manager makes the ultimate decision. Henry said that the store manager, Keith admitted that the sign was wrong and the product was wrongly advertised but he would not do anything about it. I am thinking, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Obviously the store manager, Keith is not going to agree to the price or we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. At any rate, Henry offers to transfer me to Sherry so that I can file a formal complaint. Of course I have to tell my story yet again to Sherry. Sherry takes my complaint and informs me that Sears’s protocol states that I have to wait 48 hours to give the store manager, Keith, the opportunity to call me to try to resolve the issue. If he does not call or the issue is not resolved I can call back after the 48 hours has passed and request to speak to the district manager. To no surprise the store manager, Keith, did not call. Today, 2/22/08 I called the Customer Service line again. I speak to a lady named Judy, explain that I have waited my 48 hours and I now want to speak to the district manager. Judy tells me that I was "misinformed". Judy says that my complaint against the associate, David and the manager, Keith has been filed but it is an internal matter and is confidential so therefore I would not receive a call back nor would I be given any information as to the result of my complaint. In addition, Judy states that my price complaint has been closed, that the store manager, Keith is the person with the ultimate authority in the matter and if the HR representative, Henry couldn't get Keith to honor the price then that was all they could do. Judy refused to let me get in contact with the district manager and refused to let me speak to her manager. I decided to call back and try again. I spoke to Tracy who reiterated Judy's statements and also refused to let me speak to anyone else. This is what they call Customer Service? Does anyone care about the customer anymore? I am just baffled that a store that has been in business for so many years really does not care about those of us who are keeping them in business.

SEARS CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

After 11 phone calls to 1800-4-my-home. They lied made my appointment for a week after they had confirmed on the phone.

I called to ask why they didn't show up and they don't care that it was their mistake. Finally the guy came to fix was wrong and broke something else. Called to tell them that their tech broke my icemaker and water line not working. The next available was in 1 week even if they were at fault.

The customer service rep Justin said "That's all we have take it or leave it!" That's so professinal, then I asked to speak to a supervisor and he transferred me back to the main menu. That is just so rude!! They honestly don't care and they lie on the phone just to get rid of you and transfer the call. There is no authority to call and make a complaint.

They all cover for each other.

Wasted alot of time on the phone and got no where. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING THERE AGAIN !!!!AND I AM MAKING SURE THAT FAMILY AND FRIENDS DON'T EITHER.

:x I will NEVER do business with them EVER AGAIN! I have been without a fridge for 11 days.

I bought i brand new 5 months ago and it has cost me to miss 6 days from work not to mention all the food we lost & the cost of ice to keep things in a coolerfor 11 days!

Sears SUCKS! I will NEVER do business with them again and I will make sure I let everyone I know that they have horrible products and even worse customer service!

View more comments (1)
Sears Manager

Sears in Jacksonville, Florida - Rude employees

I went to the Orange Park, Florida Sears to return an electronic item. I had the receipt and upon entering the electronics department, the item beeped. I immediately told an employee that I am returning an item and I waived my receipt. I waited in line, and then a different employee named Greg who was blocking me from the register took over the register. I stated that I was making a return and he rudely said that I could not return the item. I said that yes I can because the date on the receipt says that I can return it until March 30, 2008. With an attitude, he yanked the item from me and then with an angry tone got mad at me because I paid for it over the internet (with my Sears card). He threw the receipt at me showing my credit on my Sears card. Then, I said that I wanted to purchase a similar item and he yelled at me that he was refusing to sell it to me. Shocked, I asked for a manager. He called the manager and told the manager that I was mad because I was not getting my way. No manager came. I had to raise my voice and ask another employee to call the manager because I was not leaving until I spoke to a manager beacause I was going to make sure that the manager knew how rude that employee Greg was in the electronics department. The manager came over and he was fair and explained to me the store policy and then he had another employee ring me up downstairs. I was told that the store manager would call me, but guess what noone called me. Tommorrow, I will call their corporate office and let them know how rude that employee Greg was. Also, upon telling Greg that I would report him, he yelled at me his employee number. I have been a loyal customer for years at Sears, but not anymore!!!!!

Sears in Cumming, Georgia - Poor service and rude people

I purchased a high end Whirlpool washer and dryer from Sears. While in Warranty the washer had a balance problem that was very bad. I called it in and they came out and said nothing was wrong with the unit. A week later I called agin for the same problem. They told me on the phone that there was no problem and would not come out to fix it. One month out of warranty, the washer bounced aross the room and knocked parts off of the unit. I called Sears and they were very rude and stated my washer was out of warranty and I should have called them if I had a problem. After explaining that this was preivious ticket that was not fixed and that I did call and they told me nothing was wrong, they still said well it is out of warranty so tuff luck. When I got pissed and asked for a supervisor, they hung up on me. I later called them out and paid $65 for a Sears tech who again found nothing was wrong. I considered leaving the washer on the curb and have it picked up by charity, however, I called whirpool and they came out and found the basket was out of round and fixed it for free. Sears have fun going out of bussiness. Tuff luck and KMA. A former loyal customer of 30 years.

Should have bought a KENMORE!

I have been treated in an insulting manner two times when I called Sears appliances.

The first time when checking on an appointment I was trying to give the two phone numbers and this person says slow down and they were very rude and the next time this individual starts saying I can't understand you and make sense.

Turned out we had a bad connection but my experiences left me with a negative experience . There is no reason for this insulting behavior.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Sears in Windsor, Ontario - Riped me of, charge me for panama even i did not use all my minutes

i got today my bill for sears connect, my doughter moved to panama. i have plan for 800 min./a month i used 534 but was charged 89c per min. to panama. why i was not informed about that. australia it is ok but clouser panama not. how is that?i think it is not right promis people that you have 800 minutes to call all over the wold ----are some countrys are excluded? how come they forgot to tal me?i hope that nex person will be informed which country are excluded. tomorrow i am out of sears connect. thank you very much for ripping me of. sincerely mtl