With Company response Not resolved

The practice of charging debit cards for services before an independent contractor used by Sears can even provide a work estimate and appointment date is ridiculous, but worse than this is when the service request is actually canceled due to contractor timeframe and/or additional charges and Sears can not return the already collected fees for 7-10 business days is completely absurd. Refunding or crediting a credit card is one thing, but my 'debit' card should not have been charged until the service was provided.

Now I can not get the services needed from another contractor until sears returns the money they collected.

This is a horrible policy and this information is going to be posted on every feedback forum I can find. YOur policies need to be changed regarding charging debit cards and I truly hope you lose business in the end.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #776357

As suspected....the SEARSCARES drone is just a pathetic PR attempt at damage control.....lol

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hello, Esther2014!

We appreciate you posting about this matter. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We truly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with your estimates. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to look into this further and address your refund concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (esther2014), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

esther2014
to Sears Response Albany, New York, United States #776353

This is a message I just sent to my case manager for all the help she never tried to give. I sent her messages and left voicemail messages and I have not heard back from her once.

I will continue to share my experience with Sears to anyone willing to listen -

Hello,

I am writing today to thank you for all the help you have provided to resolve this matter. Your personal attention has been incredible, you have really gone above and beyond to show me you are trying to help me out of this difficult situation and to show how Sears cares about its customers.

And in case you were not aware, this email is purely sarcastic since not only did you not help one bit, you weren't even able to return a phone call. I have sent you emails, left you several phone messages and I have heard nothing in return. This also goes for many other departments within the Sears structure, no one is willing to return a call or help.

I am still waiting on the return of around $591 that was taken from my bank account for an installation and purchase of a water heater that I cancelled on 1/9/14. Even though my receipt clearly states that my debit card would not be charged (only held) until the work was performed Sears went ahead and took the money right away (1/7/14) and now I am forced to wait up to two weeks for my cash money to be returned to me. Sears is completely in the wrong with this but no one is willing to help or fix the mistake.

The only thing that I was not truly sarcastic about was that all of this does show how Sears cares about their customers - once they have the money they don't!!!! It has become very clear why Sears in continuously losing money, customers and respect and why they are being bashed all over the internet, a pastime that I will continue to partake in.

I will never again step foot in a Sears store and I will share my experience with everyone I can starting with social media. If you think a teacher trying to teach her students about social media via Facebook can circle the globe fast try a customer of big business mistreated and then ignored.

Thank you for absolutely nothing. Esther Pitkin.