Verified Reviewer

1.5

It has been close to one week since I decided to take the initiative and write directly to the CEO of Sears, Edward Lampert,

regarding an urgent concern with a defective Kenmore Bottom Mount Refrigerator purchased from their White Plains Sears Store in New York, and I have yet to receive a response to my email from either Mr. Lampert or one of his Sears Holdings Corporate Office Associates in an effort to properly address and resolve this urgent concern in a timely manner.

As explained in my urgent email sent to Mr.

Lampert, little did I ever imagine that after paying so much for this appliance, I would start experiencing a major problem with it two years later! This refrigerator, unfortunately, has been leaking from underneath for several months now causing daily puddles of water to form on my kitchen floor which has resulted in the lifting and cracking of some of my ceramic kitchen floor tiles; and which needs to be inspected ASAP for a major defect and either repaired, replaced, or for Sears or Kenmore to rightfully issue my full refund. To think that I would have to constantly be placing layers of towels on my kitchen floor surrounding this defective refrigerator to soak up the puddles of water coming from underneath is absurd and unrealistic! For, under no circumstances, should anyone have to go through this terrible experience.

Therefore, I had requested that this urgent issue I have been experiencing with this defective Kenmore refrigerator which I personally feel should be 'RECALLED,' be justifiably resolved at their earliest convenience.

And to no avail has the Sears Holdings Corporate Office taken any steps to rightfully address and resolve this urgent concern I am still experiencing with this defective refrigerator.

Shame on them for not taking full responsibility in making certain their long time valued customers are treated with dignity and respect and such urgent concerns be properly addressed and resolved in a timely fashion!

I do, however, hope that after writing to them a second time today, either Mr. Lampert, himself, or one of his corporate office associates, will do the right thing and respond to my email(s) and not just neglect them; in an effort to assist me in a respectful, amicable and timely manner, and to finally reach a justifiable resolution to this pending unresolved urgent matter.

Very Disappointed Sears Valued Customer!!

User's recommendation: Do your research prior to purchasing any costly appliances from any store. And file a complaint immediately with the company regarding any faulty, defective appliances purchased!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Pros: In-store customer service was fine, Clothes reasonably priced, Good quality craftsman hand tools.

Sears Cons: Terrible and unreliable customer service, Faulty and defective kenmore appliances being sold, Careless and irresponsible, Limited cash registers causing extended waiting on long lines.

Location: 100 Main Street, White Plains, NY 10601