With Company response

Bought a mattress/ boxspring/frame. Nice saleslady in shore.

Then all downhill from there. I specifically had them note that they needed a van or pickup to deliver due to the hilly area. I very clearly stated no truck. They sent me two emails and two texts confirming day and date.

I stayed home from work. On the day chosen they called and said they couldn't deliver because the merchandise had been put on a truck instead of a van. I had to postpone a trip by one day to wait for delivery on the next scheduled day. They arrived in a TRUCK which cannot make it up the hill or get into the driveway without damage.

The two delivery guys both looked and acted llike recently released convicts. The insisted that " Sears lied to you. We don't even have a van only trucks". Then how come they told me two days prior on the phone that they couldn't deliver because the furniture had been put on a truck instead of the van?

Interesting huh? Well they knocked down bushes in the driveway and made deep gouges in the road when they got stuck trying to get out. Bottom line is DOÑ'T EVER USE SEARS HOME DELIVERY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

One more thing.

They gave me this number to call to complain. Supposedly a Sears executive who is in charge of deliveries. 707-748-1964 Dave no last name. ZURPRISE!

Dave doesn't seem to have the time to call me back. Probably too busy enjoying his executive perks.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Jul 19, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We apologize for the troubles you've encountered with the delivery of your merchandise and the level of customer service you’ve received when you reached out for assistance. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look further into the delivery and provide you with any necessary assistance in getting this issue resolved. In the event that a case number was provided to you by Dave, please provide us that case number so that we may escalate it to your case manager for attention. If further assistance is needed, please send us the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous430945), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.