When I divorce I had to sign an AFFIRMATION AGREEMENT with Sears for three years.(effective from 1993 to 1996)

FOR APPROX. $2,465.00 WHICH WAS HALF THAT MY HUSBAND AND I OWED AT THE TIME.

I PAID IT OFF IN THAT THREE YEAR PERIOD.

THEN THEY RE BILLED ME AGAIN FOR THE SAME AMOUNT. THEY KEPT IT UP TIL 2002.(AFTER THREATS FROM SEARS EMPLOYEES TO PAY MY ACCOUNT I TOLD THEM " NEVER TO CALL ME AGAIN AND I HAVE PAID YOU OFF ONCE AND WILL NOT PAY YOU PAY YOU AGAIN."

I HAVE CHECKED MY CREDIT AND SEARS WAS WRITTEN OFF BACK THEN..

NOW SEARS HAS HIRED RECOVER PORTFOLIO TO COLLECT THIS SAME BILL AS OF 2/28/11; WHY NOW AGAIN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS????

I HAVE PAPER WORK BUT THEY DO NOT EXCEPT IT!!

WHY SHOULD I RE PAY SOMETHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT I DO NOT OWE????

WHERE'S THE LAW TO PROTECT SOMEONE LIKE ME??????

MY EX-HUSBAND IS NOW DEAD AND MY HUSBAND IS ALSO GONE AS OF 2003.

WHEN DOES IT STOP?????

AND TODAY I RECEIVE ANOTHER PHONE 3/9/11 CALL FROM SOME ATTORNEY A ROSS GELFAND FROM GEORGIA...

I DO NOT KNOW HIM; SO I TOOK A MESSAGE THIS AM

WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON HERE????

Comments

Do NOT pay anyone any money and do not believe the attorney is actually a true & good attorney. Many companies will buy old debts, even paid off ones and then try to scare people into paying them off again.

It is a scam! If you are only receiving phone calls on this issue, you ask them to send you the actual paperwork regarding the debt,etc and they have 30 days to do so. Chances are the minute you tell them to send you documentation, they will hang up on you. We have had this happen to us in the past.

Plus check your state's statute of limitations on collections - you're likely way past it and they can no longer try to collect. Also make sure you keep that paperwork stating the debt is repaid. Do NOT let them scare you with phone calls.

Demand they registered mail you documentation regarding this situation - if they actually DO mail it to you, I recommend taking it to a lawyer and verifying what they are doing is lawful. Good luck.