The attachment of the pipe that brings the water into the water softener was replaced by the repairman because that unit did not work.The tub that hold the water had filled and

did not empty and had to be fixed.

When doing that the repairman did not replace the washer, which was damaged. Because this was not replaced the next day I discovered there was a leak at the connection. I called Sears asking for someone to come to my home to repair this leak and was told a repairman was not available until 7 days from that date. The only way I had to stop the leak, was to turn off the main water supply which is located at the street.

In doing this, it would cut off all water to my house, leaving me without water for the whole week - 7 days. The person who makes appointments at Sears told me that was the earliest appointment they had available, ignoring my insistence this was not acceptable. I can not be without water for a whole week. She said this was all they could do.

I called my handyman who came in 2 hours and fixed the problem. The washer should have been replaced along with the unit he replaced. My handyman told me when the unit was replaced the washer ALWAYS needs to be replaced at the same time. There was further damage to the access pipe, which at this time.

also had to be replaced at an additional cost of $ 120.The original repair was a part of the problem with the water softener, leaving me with only half of the problem being repaired.

I will never use a Sears repairman again.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments