With Company response Not resolved

The circumstances below have made me realize what a horrible company Sears is. As a result, my family and I will never purchase anything at your company in the future. I will also recommend not shopping at Sears to my friends and family, write negative reviews about Sears, and contact the Better Business Bureau.

On August 1, 2010 my wife (as of August 21, 2010) purchased a Silver Charm (King, Firm) mattress with two twin XL box springs from Citrus Park, FL Sears to be delivered in NC. My wife has moved twice because I'm in the military and have deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq. As a consequence from moving so many times, we have misplaced the receipt. In February 2012, I sat on the edge of the bed (all 170lbs of me) and heard a loud pop. This pop caused a three foot area to sag and bulge. Knowing that there is a ten year warranty on the mattress, I began the claim process. Without the "sales check number" on the receipt nobody could help me. I made many calls to retrieve that number from the Sears computer system. The store in FL deletes their purchase records every year, and since married, my wife's debit card number has changed (needed to retrieve sales check number). I proved our purchase to the warranty center through shopyourway.com rewards and banking documents which match the exact price and date. I was told my Sears rewards and bank proof, "didn't prove anything" and was refused service. I have spent hours on hold and talking with representatives, and now I give up.

Phone numbers I have called:

1.813.926.6000

1.800.341.2517

1.800.732.7747

1.800.349.4358

Thank you for wasting my time and money, deleting records after only one year, and not honoring your warranties.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Claim.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from May 28, 2012.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Paulsfelten,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We have just come across your post and would first like to apologize for the troubles you have encountered concerning your mattress. We understand how very frustrated you must have been with the amount of attempts to find assistance only to end without resolution. We would like to contact you directly and go over the options we have to assist. We do have the tools to search for your receipt and would like the opportunity to see this is resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “Paulsfelten” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media

It's very typical that a receipt is required for proof of purchase in order to make a warranty claim. Sears isn't the only company that has this policy; every company I've ever bought furniture (and/or electronics, appliances, etc.

etc. etc.) from also has this same policy: original receipt required.

Personally, I have a drawer in my file cabinet that's dedicated to warranty receipts/info.

Since it's in the same general place as my important legal documents there's no way I'm going to lose any of those papers. If you find it's too hard to keep track of the contents of a file cabinet, put all the original papers into a durable ziplock bag and staple it to the bottom of the furniture.