I ordered a Campbell air compress through Sears on-line sales (its a larger 60 Gal model they only offer on line). When it arrived it did not arrive on a Sears truck but some beat up old thing operated by a company I'd never heard off. The drive was in a big rush to get out of there, didn't speak english very well and would not wait for me to open the cardboard box to inspect it. He took off stating "sears take care".

I opened it right away and discovered a very heavy piece of equipment had been shipping with just the cardboard box. It was not securely attached to a pallet, skids or any kind of solid internal crating. As such, some where along the way it was damaged. Several parts were completely broken off.

It would waste even more of my life to outline every effort made but suffice it to say I immediately, within minutes of opening the box, reported the damage to Sears and a year long battle with them to get them to honor their advertised service to supply me with the compressor I paid for ensued. After numerous electronic and phone communications to very well trained, polite and skilled issue diverters/delayers I ran out of time as I was told in a very stern voice it had been over a year since the incident and Sears "agreement" clearly stated I only had one year to report the issue. I have numerous claim numbers, names, manager's names, email messages, on-and-on.

EVERYONE pay attention, Sears customer support is nothing but a shell gamed designed to not give customer service. They certainly didn't care about this customer.

In the end the Campbell customer support heard I was a 29+ year disabled Veteran and the situation with the damaged compressor. They sent me the parts free of charge and I was able to fix it with the help of friends as I can no longer manage such a heavy repair job.

I can pledge you this, I will plan to use every method of communication available to let as many people as I can how Sears treated me. In the end I for one will rejoice when Sears fails and the doors close for good. Their company was built on a long history and reputation for priding great products, solid guaranties, and great customer support. Now they will die because they have lost all three but most importantly guaranties that mean nothing and people we do not care about customers. They will die one lost customer at a time. I'm just one they didn't treat honorably and just one more they have lost for good.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 29, 2014.

Comments