A lesson to always read reviews: my wife and I tried to buy a refrigerator from Sears, with home delivery. They said delivery would be in a week, faster than any other service for this fridge.

Alas, it was too good to be true. The fridge was scheduled to be delivered on Friday, 11/03/17 between 9:30 and 11:30, confirmed via a call the night before. At the end of the period, there was no truck and no contact. The first time my wife called customer service, we were told they had no idea where the fridge was, no idea when it would possibly be available or delivered.

They said they would call us within 48 hours with SOME kind of information. My wife called again: this time, she was told the fridge would be delivered on Monday, 11/06/17 between 8:00 and 10:00. Again, the delivery was confirmed via a call the night before. But, again, there was no fridge.

After another call to customer service, we were told that there is still no information about the fridge and when it could possibly be available. The customer service person on Friday had straight up lied. Looking at reviews, I see this is par for the course with Sears home delivery. Now we're buying the fridge from a local store; delivery is later than we wanted, but we'll manage.

Sears claims they'll give a full refund, but, based on reviews, I don't have much hope of ever seeing a check. Maybe we'll be lucky, though.

The lesson? Read the reviews, and never shop at Sears.

Comments

I am also facing similar issuees with sears delivery of my refrigerator. 6 Times they cancel the delivery with no proper communication and false dates. They took our money 6 weeks ago and not delivering on time.