After reading dozens of reviews of this same problem I am convinced that I received a poorly made propane grill like so many others.The fire box which is the only barrier between the flames and the propane tank disintegrated into a pile of rusted flakes leaving a gaping hole through which flames can reach the propane tank.
This is a serious safety risk. I found online that Sears has admitted that this part rusts out prematurely and has even offered to replace the affected parts in 5 of these grill models. Unfortunately, they used the same cheap metal in more than 5 grills models. Mine looks almost identical to one of the covered grills.
In fact, the model numbers are only off by one number. My previous grill (not a Kenmore) lasted over 10 years before I sold it during a move.
I took excellent care of that grill too.Grilling a burger should not be like playing Russian roulette.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Layout of Store|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Lack of product support
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Repair the defective part at no charge or provide store credit for purchase price.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Sears Gas Grill
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "...The package that was delivered from Sears had already been opened and the tree had an electrical short and would not light up..."
- "My wife and I decided to remodel our kitchen in the fall and winter of 2006-07. She purchased all new stainless steel appliances including a Sears Kenmore Pro double..."
- "I ordered a washer and dryer that came with a pedistals. I received the washer and dryer but never got the pedistals. I called sears and was told that it..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "I. Just got Royalty payment for 3 years $12. I signed hundreds of books. Author solutions is a rip off..."
- "How the arrangement was suppose to look was stunning with a zen feel to it and I was super excited when I found it! My new co-worker received it today..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."