Another Kenmore Sears Gas Grill with Rusted Out Fire Box

916 of 3985 Sears reviews

After reading dozens of reviews of this same problem I am convinced that I received a poorly made propane grill like so many others.The fire box which is the only barrier between the flames and the propane tank disintegrated into a pile of rusted flakes leaving a gaping hole through which flames can reach the propane tank.

This is a serious safety risk. I found online that Sears has admitted that this part rusts out prematurely and has even offered to replace the affected parts in 5 of these grill models. Unfortunately, they used the same cheap metal in more than 5 grills models. Mine looks almost identical to one of the covered grills.

In fact, the model numbers are only off by one number. My previous grill (not a Kenmore) lasted over 10 years before I sold it during a move.

I took excellent care of that grill too.Grilling a burger should not be like playing Russian roulette.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Lack of product support

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Repair the defective part at no charge or provide store credit for purchase price.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kenmore Sears Gas Grill
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #655773

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
916 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 24, 2015 #1011598

i had the same issue. My grill was only 14 months hold. Un be known to me Sears knew they had problems with the grill model I purchased. The sales person during the purchase process said it was an excellent grill. I complained to the local store when the fire box rusted through. He was smug and wanted to sell me another grill that was made better. I walked out of the store and will never purchase another product from Sears. I drive down to Lowes and bought a new grill. Weber.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.