After reading dozens of reviews of this same problem I am convinced that I received a poorly made propane grill like so many others.The fire box which is the only barrier between the flames and the propane tank disintegrated into a pile of rusted flakes leaving a gaping hole through which flames can reach the propane tank.

This is a serious safety risk. I found online that Sears has admitted that this part rusts out prematurely and has even offered to replace the affected parts in 5 of these grill models. Unfortunately, they used the same cheap metal in more than 5 grills models. Mine looks almost identical to one of the covered grills.

In fact, the model numbers are only off by one number. My previous grill (not a Kenmore) lasted over 10 years before I sold it during a move.

I took excellent care of that grill too.Grilling a burger should not be like playing Russian roulette.

Review about: Kenmore Sears Gas Grill.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Lack of product support.

2.5
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $350
Preferred solution Repair the defective part at no charge or provide store credit for purchase price.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Submit review

Comments

i had the same issue.My grill was only 14 months hold.

Un be known to me Sears knew they had problems with the grill model I purchased. The sales person during the purchase process said it was an excellent grill. I complained to the local store when the fire box rusted through. He was smug and wanted to sell me another grill that was made better.

I walked out of the store and will never purchase another product from Sears.

I drive down to Lowes and bought a new grill.Weber.