1.8

The appliance center offers poor service with no one willing to take responsibility and offer me compensation for inconvenience. Moreover, simple corrections to the process could eliminate hassles for future customers. But no one seems interested in improving the process.

On 12/16/14 I went into the Hoover AL store requesting a built in microwave stainless steel. Purchased the microwave that day and ordered the faceplate to be picked up on 12/22. Picked up the part in an unmarked box on the 28th and took home.

Installed the frame etc and when time to put on the faceplate noted this was BLACK not stainless steel. The box did NOT say black. So disassembled this and returned on the 29th. I requested compensation for the error and was given $10 (not enough) Was told the order would be in the next day 30th.

On the 6th of January I went to Sears and tried to scan my pick up code. It didn't pull up so someone came and entered the #s. Turns out this time the part is at a DISTRIBUTION CENTER in west Homewood not at the STORE where I got the original one in the WRONG COLOR. So, I asked for a manager, whose offer was for me to wait at the store while she went to the distribution center --- about 45 minutes she said. Please note that a manager was assisting the sales clerk on the 30th and could have alerted me to the fact that the part would NOT be at the Galleria store, but at distribution center.

Well, today I went to the DISTRIBUTION CENTER. Please note that neither the phone number nor the address for the was on the receipt. In the typical chaotic Sears fashion, the address did not pull up in google and when I called the number on the receipt, a centralized operator could not tell me where the DISTRIBUTION CENTER was or give me a phone number for it. So, I stopped at a Sears Parts store in west Homewood and someone gave me directions to the center 2 miles away. When I finally arrived to the distribution center I suggested that the receipt should state the address. They responded was the store in Galleria could address that issue.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of microwave and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Sears needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned microwave in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments

SearsCares

Hi There,

We truly regret the lack of customer service you've experienced with us thus far.We want our members to be glad they chose us for their appliance needs.

If you would like further assistance, we would be glad to learn more about your experience and do our best to assist.Just reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can chat further:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT and we’ll take great care of you.