Saranac Lake, New York
With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 10, 2013

Dear Sears:

After talking with 9 customer support associates, I was finally able to get one of them to make an appoint for me to have a repair man come to my home. I was told the appointment was scheduled for Wednesday morning between 8a.m.

and 12 noon. I was told I needed to have someone there to let the repair person in.

I arranged to have my mother drive to my house to be there for the repairman, I found out later that the appointment was never made. Sears, you dropped the ball on this one.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2012

I purchased an ARIO TV at Sears, I used it only a few times when the picture went blank. I called the store where I purchased it and was told that after 30 days it was not covered. I was told to contact the manufacturer which did. When I called the manufacturer I heard a recording that said they no longer answered the customer service phone and that I should instead send an E-mail. I sent an email but received no response. I then called Sears back and was re-directed to the national service center where I spoke with Abby, I was hung up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor. I called back and spoke to Tray, he was very professional but was unable to help. He put me through to another representative (Abby again) she was unable to help, and after I asking several times to be escalated to a supervisor she finally put me through. The supervisor, Katrina, was of no help. She told me to call the manufacturer (she gave me the same number that I had tried) I explained that the number did not work. She did not listen, and again told me to call that number. That was the only thing that I could do. I asked to be escalated, she said she had no supervisors. I questioned that, she repeated she had no supervisors. I then asked if she could atleast give me the direct line to the Sears store where I purchased the TV. She gave me the number to a entirely differtn store in a different place. I explained this to Katrina, she said that that was the only service center they had in the data base. I questioned that and she again said that was the only one. I asked her to Google the Sears Store in Glens Falls NY and see if they had a service center. She said she did not have access to the internet or Google. After we went back in forth for a while she said she would Google it, and 2 minutes later returned with a phone number for the store in Glens Falls, NY which was a direct line (not the same number I got from Google).

Sears sold me the Ario TV, Sears does not sell that brand of TV any more, the manufacturer does not answer it phone, and there is nothing anyone can do???? What happened to the Sears I used to know????

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Jkbranch,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We are sorry to learn your television is in need of repair and for any unpleasantness you encountered while trying to get assistance. We certainly understand your concern with getting your television repaired and back in working order. We would like to look into this with you and find a pleasing resolution for you.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Jkbranch) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian S.