I took my car for an Oil change at the Sears automotive center this morning and discovered a dent and scratch on my bumper after the service was completed.

I immediately reported the damage to the Store clerk that took my payment. He called the mechanic that worked on the car (the mechanic looked weird and acted as if he was on drugs), and the mechanic denied that he damaged the car. As it was obvious that the dent was fresh (and undeniable that the mechanic was the only one who had driven the car), the store clerk was annoyed with the mechanic and advised me to go and speak to the store manager.

The store manager was extremely unprofessional and not very friendly. After I explained what happened, he reluctantly walked outside to confirm the damage and take a couple of pictures.

When I asked for the name of the mechanic that worked on my car (for my records, to aide in any investigation), the manager dismissed my inquiry and began to walk away, yelling, "this is out of my hands, the insurance will decide what is to be done". I asked when I should expect the insurance company to contact me, and he again, acted unprofessional, yelling some incoherent statement about the insurance company as he continued to walk away.

I took his unprofessional action very personal, this man did not care about me, my car, or Sears' reputation. Sears is a very successful organization. I find it very difficult to believe that Sears is hiring untrained personnel to provide service to the public (the unprofessional/ untrained manager and the drug addict looking mechanic).

It is very sad to know that you or your car is not safe when you walk into a Sears Automotive Center...at least, at the one that is located at the Dulles town Center.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to "fix my damaged car and hire trained professionals".

The most disappointing in user's experience was store manager, poor customer service and service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears and sears claim for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Farmingdale, New York, United States #926106

Wow!!!

I heard that it doesn't take much to become a sears store manager, but I'm sure not all of them are incompetent when it comes to treating customers with respect.

Sears is still one of the brand names out there. In fact, I purchased all my appliances and 4 tires less than 2 years ago.

I'm sure that necessary corrections will be made to ensure that this doesn't happen again to another customer.