1.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I called to set up a service call for a kenmore air conditioner. The first person tried to sell me a 69.99/month service contract. I said no. I got switched and the guy--amazingly someone in the US--he told me it was a $70 service charge. I said let's set it up.

Then he told me if I wanted I could get a one year service contract for $70. And the first visit there was no deductible after that it would be a $100 deductible. I agreed and set up the visit.

I asked him three times if this was the only charge: $70 and he assured me it was.

later I received a call from Sears warranty department to give me more details. they told me I had agreed to $69.99 a MONTH. Now I know it sounds like I just didn't understand, but I'm very careful about this kind of stuff. He told me it was a one time charge of $70.

Two hours later I finally was able to cancel the "warranty". they assured me the service call was still on.

Their people are in the Philippines and their English is very difficult to understand. I asked to speak to a supervisor in the US. I was told she couldn't. Apparently the service has been so bad and they've had so many people demand to be transferred to the US they now say, "We can't."

Norman Danzig

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments