With Company response Not resolved

Sears refuses to honor warranty on a lawn mower battery less than two years old.After having the mower in the shop for nearly a month, I'm now being charged for a new battery.

When I bought the mower I was told the warranty was a good idea incase the battery went bad by the clerk. Well the battery is bad but sears says electrical is not covered in the warranty. I guess I have to buy a new battery every year. Do not buy the extended warranty.

Its not worth the money.It's no wonder sears can not compete with this kind of service.

Comments

Steubenville, Ohio, United States #694518

Repair Protection Agreement is supposed to cover the battery. The manufacturer warranty only covers 90 days.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Mwrighteous,

We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with your mower repair and the warranty coverage of your product. I know how frustrating it can be to have to go without a mower during the summer season. We would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you and address any concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can look into this for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (mwrighteous) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

David W.