2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Thirteen months after my over was installed it stopped working. I felt that I had no option but to by a warranty.

I did not purchase it at the time I purchased the oven because the warranty is $300 per year. When the Sears repair person came they said the oven had not been installed correctly and the wiring had caught on fire. I would need to hire an electrician to rewire the over and I would be reimbursed by Sears. We I submitted the invoice to Sears, I was told that the Sears I bought the oven from was not an approved store and they would not cover the cost.

I have been on hold for the equivalent of 4 hours trying with no success to get my warranty refunded, but no one answers. I would suggest making sure that the Sears you are shopping at is a real sears store.

Comments

Home Maintenance Service/Warranty/Protection Agreements(If Applicable to your situation & problem):https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warrantiesRemember the approach, three variables to be addressed, executing the most truthful, legal and rightful proper variable, and apply it according to the specific details of your situation. If the 'warranty' has not yet expired, your course of action would be directed toward where you purchased it from (which you have in many regards).Notwithstanding, should the warranty be expired, perhaps you can request/conduct a Second or Third Opinion through qualified, professional, knowledgeable, expert technicians who have been trained/certified.

The expectation is that Sears follows through with the 'important promise' to stand behind everything they sell (2018, FTC/articles/0252-warranties).Please let us know how it turned out for you. Thanks for reading and listening ;)