With Company response Not resolved

Bought a freezer at Sears just over a year ago. Stocked it with meat and it stopped working without kicking a breaker and it badly overheated and spoiled all the meat inside which was more valuable than the freezer.

Sears will not allow me to drop it off for repair, rather insist I wait home for some one to charge me $75.00 to look at it. On top of that I would have to pay for repair. In summary: $400.00 to buy freezer-$500 to $600 worth of spoiled meat- $75.00 to look at it then $? to repair.

Do not under any circumstances pay a premium to buy Kenmore. It is of poor quality and they offer no drop off to repair.

Instead they offer 3rd party people to charge unfairly without any recourse.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

I just replaced my nightmare Kenmore frig with a new one 10 months ago. It is already broken and they can not someone out for a month. SEARS has the worst customer service ever and even worst products!!!!!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear rtootell,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your freezer failing without tripping the breaker or giving you any advance warning. We certainly understand your frustration with your freezer overheating and losing so much meat in the process. This freezer failure would also upset me after putting so much valuable meat in it and not having any advance warning that the freezer was overheating. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer the assistance of one of our case managers who can give you specific information on Sears' policy regarding the need for a technician to come to your home to diagnosis the reason for the freezer failure. Our case manager will also inform you of any other offers they can provide to help with this situation. We value your business very much and want to help any way we can.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I have forwarded your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. Again, please accept our apology for the problems you have encountered with your freezer. If you need to refer to this case, please use screen name (rtootell), for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.