With Company response Not resolved

Save yourself from misery and don't shop at Sears. Try Lowes, the Home Depot, or Best Buy. In summary the salesman are lousy and you can't depend on delivery and installation.

Here are my 2 experiences shopping for major appliances at Sears at UTC in San Diego.

I was at Sears looking for a washer and dryer. I had a small number of questions. The salesman didn't have an answer for one of them and needed to ask someone else. I overheard him say that trying to make this sale was like pulling teeth. What a ***. I was told there was a 10% discount, but when he rung up the sale the price was higher than I thought it should be. So before paying I carefully reviewed the bill and found the discount wasn't included. Good thing I caught this before paying. It took him a long time to add in the discount and I thought that would be the end of the problems, but there was still delivery and installation that had to be done.

Everything was supposed to be in stock and ready for installation. On the install date they showed up with the washer and dryer but not all the parts to perform the installation. So they dropped off our new machines and took the old ones for disposal. So unexpectedly for 2 days and had to resort to going to the filthy laundry mat. They should have left us with our old machines until they were ready to install the new ones.

For my second experience I was looking for a new dishwasher. The first salesman spoke to me for about 1 minute and then just walked away even though I was asking him questions. The second salesman told me all the dishwashers were the same size, even though the printed information on them listed many different sizes between machines. The guy said to ignore the printed information. Luckily I had tape measure and a brief measurement of a few machines showed they did have different sizes. The 14 years of sales experience he claimed to have was worth less than 1 day of basic training.

A few hours later I purchased a dishwasher from Lowes in Mission Valley. The salesman there was much nicer, knew dishwashers had different sizes, and took off the bottom foot plate so I could make accurate measurements. I was able to tell beforehand that the dishwasher I wanted would just barely fit; the salesman said I could return it with no restocking fee if I couldn't get it in. Thank you Lowes. Sears sucks.

Comments

#521952

I also(snarkley) apologize for the "inconvience" Here's my story I ordered a kenmore refridge online and paid a rather large fee for delivery to my home so on 7/31/12 the delivery driver calls to inform me that he can't make the turn on my street well the truck is 40 feet long to begin with mind you for one fridge I presume; this is pittsburgh we DO NOT have streets that were made for semi trucks ok why would you take a massive truck out to begin with? so at this point I'm very sorry I didn't check out Lowes(and they offer FREE delivery!)compared to $a 69.00 fee,so I am on the phone for over an hour I want to have my money refunded by now but she then reschedules for this Friday with a smaller truck so I will grace them this but if it isn't here by Friday I will have to seek legal help over this problem that sears created by not doing this from the start.

SearsCares
#519217
Sears Response

To Lawrence1971,

My name is Kiera and I am with the Sears Cares, a team dedicated to handling escalated issues such as yours. We would very much like to speak with you regarding these issues and see what can be done to rectify the situation I apologize for the poor customer service that was provided to you at our store and the delivery team not bringing out the necessary tools to connect your washer and dryer. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a contact phone number) and a personal Case Manager will contact you to assist you. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lawrence1971) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kiera J.