1.7

Awful experience.

The tools that Sears make are just not what they used to be. A new set of sockets was bad enough to fail after using it three times.

I went to Sears in Southcenter Mall, Seattle, WA, to return them and exchange for another but did not have my receipt with me. I purchased the items a little over a month ago at another Sears up the road. Since the store's computer system is completely antiquated, the receipt could not be retrieved using my phone number, email or credit card.

The store manager would not offer store credit. Instead, he offered one excuse and insult after another. He made fun of how I used a bucket from another brand for carrying my tools. He said he's been in retail for 43 years and without the receipt there's nothing that can be done. He looked at my address and interrogate me about why I didn't go to the other store to make the return (I live in between the two stores and it happened to be more convenient for me that day). He huffed and puffed about how customers cannot be trusted, and suggested that it wasn't me who purchased the tools.

Apparently neither can Sears be trusted. Not for quality tools and not for customer service. Time and money wasted. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Sears to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was abusing customer service, atiquated payment systems, some tools are of low quality and no solution. Author liked the most variety of tools available. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears tools for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments