Manhattan, Illinois
With Company response

Today I ordered a coat from Sears at their extended black Monday sale and used a promo code for an additional 15% off that was advertised on their website. Coat was originally $140.00 marked down to $70.00 and after using promo code total with tax and shipping was $63.00. placed the order got an email confirmation item would arrive in 6-8 business days. Credit card was charged. And then I get an email an hour later with this message:

We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available.

We hope you will forgive us and give us another chance to meet your needs. Our Personal Shoppers are ready to assist you in finding a comparable product and replacing your order.

That was good. Not only did they get me in their store but they got me to use my CC and then told me just kidding let us help you find something different!

Well come take a walk with me to Kohls or Wal-mart or Target. How do you think this coat looks on me? Won't ever shop online or in person at Sears again!

Comments

I ordered a wall oven and was promised a delivery date of 12/3.The delivery company even scheduled a time slot on the night before.

Then the morning of 12/3 when they were supposed to install they called to change it to 12/11. I contacted Sears and at first they blamed the installers and told me to contact them. I informed the Customer Service Rep that I had contacted them and they told me to contact Sears. He then told me that it was a delay on the manufacturers part.

He went on to say this is very rare and that they strive to provide an exemplary service. Still not good enough in my mind.

If they did not know there was going to be a delay they really should have.It is no wonder Sears are in trouble.

Chester Gap, Virginia, United States #670325

Bait and switch or thievery?

We ordered $1600+ worth of Sears appliances online.WE were going to use Lowe’s but the Sears website said if we ordered today the appliances would be delivered this coming weekend.

So we did it. We got an email confirming delivery on Sunday. Then they called to schedule it and said they couldn’t possibly deliver the appliances for 11 days! Liars!!

We only used Sears because of the promise of quick delivery and we NEED the appliances this weekend. This goes beyond “bait and switch” because when we told them to cancel the order and return our money to the debit card (same as cash), they refused! They said it would take nearly 2 weeks! They are using our money to earn interest.

They now have our money AND the appliances. They never had any intention of delivering our appliances. This is bait and switch.

It is illegal.If you are reading this and want to join a class action suit against Sears, contact me at ihatesears@gmail.com

dieselmon1274

The problem Robert is that you people send out a nice form response to everyone on here, asking us to contact you with our information, we do, and then you send another nice email with someones name that has been assigned as our case worker (like we're retarded or something) and they say they'll get back to us and they NEVER DO. So far I have 5 people getting back to me within 24 hours regarding my son's tool box and no one has. So if the person writing this complaint with the coat is hoping you'll help them, don't hold your breath.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous278622,

We do apologize for the disappointing experience you've had with Sears.com. We'd at least like to follow up with you so we can improve our customer experiences. I am very sorry that you have not received the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous278622) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.