Placed an order on sears.com for a california king mattress (from Sears) and a platform bed frame (sold by Overstock).Originally wanted to find a california king bed from Sears directly to save the hassle of having different shipping/delivery dates, but couldn't find anything in stock that would work in my space.

I went ahead and placed my order on March 25/13, scheduled the mattress delivery for April 10 and specifically chose this bed frame because the description said "arrives by April 11" and that it was in stock. Received email confirmation of my order on March 26. The next time I hear anything is a full week later on April 2 with an email telling me my order is being processed. At this point I still thing everything is going to come together.

Another email comes from sears on April 6 telling me my order (just the bed frame) has shipped out and the email serves as my packing slip. Note that all these emails are coming from "The Sears Team", at no time have I communicated with any marketplace seller- everything was being handled under the Sears umbrella. Yesterday was April 11 and also the date when I was told my bed frame would arrive by. Due to a separate issue, the mattress could not get delivered until today April 12 however it has now been delivered so that's fine.

But the bed frame?! It's no where to be found - lost in transit somewhere! The mattress is useless without the frame and both items were required by a certain date, which is why they were ordered and the mattress scheduled for delivery to begin with. Customer service is useless, everyone is blaming each other, been on the phone back and forth between Sears and Overstock.

Apparently because Overstock is a marketplace seller, Sears doesn't want to take any responsibility or attempt to resolve the problem. Sears is the one who sat on the order for over 1 week and by the time they sent it to process with Overstock, the bed was in limited stock and couldn't get shipped out so quick! If Sears offers this option to purchase from various sources all under one umbrella, they should stand behind it! I have even asked if they could send me a frame, any kind that's california king, on loan as a temporary solution until they can locate the bed I ordered and get it to me, but no one wants to do anything.

I doubt I'll even get a helpful response on this site- the same scripted run around from useless call center puppets- but thought I'd spread the word about Sears' lack of responsibility- I will be staying away from now on!If there's someone in upper management with real power to actually fix this for me, my order number is 480429621

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments