Rawlins, Wyoming
With Company response

The nerve of the customer service people at sears is unmatched. I have a samsung dryer that I purchaced at sears about a year ago.

It stopped working three weeks agoAnd they still will not send a service person to my house because "Its too far from one of their stores". I live in wyoming and the closest sears is 120mi. away this may seem excessive but if you live in a state like wyoming then you understand that driving that far to make a major purchace is pretty common. At the time I bought it and a matching washer I was assured that they would come if any warranty issues happened.

I have spent hours and hours explaining that no local shops work on this brand in my town just to be refered to places 300mi. away, rent to own stores, and ironicly laundrymats. moast recently I was told wait 24 to 48 hours and a case worker will contact me. 2 days later i call back to hear that i need to wait longer.

Finally I called the customer complaint dept. and said i wanted an answer as to if i was ever getting service right now... aparently everything at sears takes 24 to 48 hours. All this and I can tell you the sears vans have been spotted in my town neumorus times by me and other members of my family assisting other people.

What did I do to deserve this treatment? Am I supposed to give you my money in exchange for empty claims? Will I be at the laundrymat for the fourth weekend in a row this weekend? I wish someone would take that bet.

F#@!

you sears, F#@! you very much

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear nikalseyn:

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with your dryer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your appliances to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist. My name is Susan and I work for the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (nikalseyn) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Susan R.

Sears Cares Team

nikalseyn

It sounds like it's out of warranty. In that case, why would you want Sears to fix it anyway??

If you cannot get a local repairman to fix it or there are none, just buy a new one, preferably from a store much closer than the Sears store. There must be a local store within a 100 mile radius you can go to.

The moral of this story, tho is that no one should ever, ever shop for anything at Sears. I learned the hard way three decades ago about their lousy "customer service." I no longer even buy their Craftsman tools.

Now that there are other stores like Menards, Lowes, etc. why bother with Sears?