1.2

I purchased a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer for $2,400 in February of 2011. In January of 2014, the control panel failed on the washer requiring a $300 repair charge. The dryer failed in March of 2015. Since it was out of warranty, I called a local repairman. When the cover was removed, it was discovered that the side vent had been installed incorrectly resulting in 4 years of lint that was packed into every square inch of space, including the control panel. The repairman indicated that we were fortunate that there had not been a fire. When I went back to the store to see if there was anything they could offer, I was told "I'm sorry".

Both my husband and I remembered that the owner of the local Hometown Sears store had come to install the side vent on the dryer because Sears Central Delivery would not complete the installation. The note on the vent ticket confirmed that the local store would install the vent.

Because they absolved themselves of any blame, I filed a complaint online. I received a call from a Sears Customer Service agent from headquarters. I provided a scanned copy of the receipt as well as pictures of the dryer. She offered 20% off of a new appliance. She also suggested that even had we purchased a Master Protection Agreement, that it would not cover the issue since it was a faulty installation. The only option besides taking the discount was to file a formal complaint which would require that the dryer be moved into the garage until a designated party could come to view the damage.

After spending $2400 for a washer and dryer that lasted a total of 4 years, I didn’t want to revert to a mismatched set by purchasing yet another Sears product. I also feared that the formal complaint would take months and could result in nothing. The local Sears Hometown Store is at fault, but will not acknowledge that the entire event could have been avoided had they installed the unit properly.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and poor product quality. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2400. Sears needs to "prorated refund of $720 for dryer" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments