With Company response Not resolved

Recently purchased a Husqvarna back pack blower from a Sears retail store. The pricing tag had a sears price of $234.99 with a savings of about $35.00 for price sale price of $199.74.

Needed to go on the Husgvarna web site while putting it together and saw the MSRP for the exact Blower was $199.99 then looked at the Lowes web site and for the exact Blower its everyday price was $199.99.

So it appears to me that you need to beware of the pricing and sales practices of Sears they appear to mark up the MSRP only to put it on sale at the normal MSRP of the vendor.

I did call the customer complaint line and was told that she works for the office of Mr. Louis D'Ambrosio (CEO) and that they do not see anything wrong with this practice and I should have used the price matching policy of Sears since that weekend Lowes was offering a 10% discount.

Good to know that if you are looking for a name branded item from Sears you will always have to wonder what is the real price.

Dear Mr. D'Ambrosio - The way I was treated by your customer support team you can count me as more lost customer. When I asked to talk with a supervisor I was told there is no one higher so I asked for you. Call for yourself 800.995.2139 and ask to be transferred to you.

I think everyone should now ask your sales staff before they purchase a Name Brand product from your stores to see the MSRP to see what a sale price means to Sears. In my case you saved me 25 Cents !!!!!!! I lost $19.99 if I would have purchased it from Lowes.

Comments

We purchased an HE2 dryer from Sears and it was mis-installed causing it to fail. The first service call they failed to even show up for.

After admitting in writing that they caused the failure they refused to take responsibility.

We are totally frustrated and disappointed by their lack of concern . We talked to their corporate office and they don't even return calls after promising a followup.We used to like Sears when we grew up but they have gone completely down hill .

Bosco sounds like a scam waiting to happen. Be careful.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Boscosears,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with the purchase of your blower. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we might assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the blower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Boscosears) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.